- » Cockle
Enjoy our collection of cockle recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cockle recipes.
Whiting With Cockle And Horseradish Sauce
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 3/325°F/170°C.
2) Fillet the whiting by chopping off their heads and tails, their fins and gills and slicing down each side of the backbone to make 2 fillets.
3) These may be skinned if you desire.
4)... - 42.3387
Scrub the cockles well, to get rid of the sand and grit.
Then put them into a large saucepan, with preferably sea-water, to cover.
If this is not available use salted water.
Bring them to the boil, when they will open.
Do not continue cooking once the shells... - 38.7477
You May Also Like!
Cockles "a How-to Guide"
Cockles "A How-To Guide" demonstrates just about everything about cockles. How to buy, how to check they are safe and how to cook them. They are pretty easy to cook, it takes just about a couple of minutes only. On Cockles "A How-To Guide" we get to know how... - 35.9072
Cockles With Shallots
1. Wash the cockles in water mixed with 30 ml (2 tbls) vinegar, then rinse in water, rubbing them together in your hands. Drain.
2. Peel the shallots and chop roughly. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently fry the shallots, moistening with a little hot... - 29.9996
Cockles With Mushrooms
Simmer the mushrooms, sliced, in white wine with a dash of pepperÃ¢â‚¬â€and no saltÃ¢â‚¬â€for 20 minutes on a gentle heat.
Wash, shell and drain the cockles, and peel the cooked shrimps.
Cockle shells may be opened by putting the... - 29.8113
1 Mix the shellfish, mayonnaise,lemon juice and seasoning.
2 Arrange in 6 individual glasses on the shredded lettuce.
3 Decorate each glass with 3 whole prawns (shrimps), a twist of lemon and a sprig of parsley. - 29.0991
Pork And Clams
Wash clams or cockles thoroughly under running water, and discard any that do not open when tapped (which means they are dead).
Soak overnight in salt water, if necessary, to expel sand.
Heat olive oil in a cataplana, or large casserole.
Fry onions and garlic... - 43.0992
1. Wash the cockles. Cook over a high heat until they open. Drain and remove from their shells.
2. Open the oysters. Pour their juice into a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Poach the oysters in this juice for 1 minute and drain.
3. Drain the crabmeat and... - 35.9296
Note: Small Helford or Portuguese oysters would do, it is not necessary to use expensive Colchester "Natives".
Heat the white wine, add to it the cockles or mussels, their shells well scrubbed and washed free of grit and all weed; if oysters are used add... - 39.0901
Homemade seafood Cocktail
1. Wash and dry the peppers. Grill them on all sides for about 15 minutes or until the skin turns black and becomes shrivelled. Leave to cool.
2. Scrub the mussels well, scrape away their beards, wash well under running water and drain. Wash the cockles in... - 40.1285
Mediterranean Seafood Salad
In a large saucepan, bring the white wine to the boil, add the mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
Remove the mussels from the pan and set aside, reserving the liquid.
Discard any that remain closed.
Shell the mussels when... - 46.5179