- » Classic Tossed Salad
Classic Tossed Salad Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic tossed salad recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic tossed salad recipes.
Tossed Salad With Classic Dressing
This Tossed Salad With Classic Dressing recipe is easy to follow and can be put together in no time. I serve this tasty salad quiet often. Try this Tossed Salad With Classic Dressing recipe. - 37.8342
High Protein Salad
Place greens and turkey or chicken in salad bowl.
Add dressing and toss lightly.
Garnish with tomatoes.
Makes 8 servings. - 28.7799
Classic Spinach Salad
In large salad bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, tomato, croutons, red onion and bacon.
Add lite classic Dijon vinaigrette dressing and toss gently.
Garnish with egg. - 30.5243
Italian Farro Perlato Salad
If you are a little adventerous about food then salads from exotic locations are absolutly delightful and here is a recipe to make one. Check out along with Gabriele Corcos freaking out in Miami and showing the making of the Farro salad with farro grains,... - 87.8223
In a large pot over high heat, bring 6 cups salted water to a boil.
Add the edamame and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, and red-pepper flakes.
Add the... - 38.5898
Classic Curried Turkey Salad
1. In a large bowl combine turkey, minced onion and celery.
2. In a small bowl Blend mayonnaise or salad dressing, curry powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice and grated onion
3. Over the turkey, spoon over the mixture, toss to mix well and... - 39.2794
Classic Macaroni Salad
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the pickles, red and green bell peppers, celery, and scallions.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, and mustard. Pour over... - 29.3672
Classic Potato Salad
In a 2-quart casserole, combine the potatoes and water.
Cover with a lid and microwave on high for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring twice during this time, until the potatoes are tender.
Drain and cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise,... - 37.4361
Rub the bottom of a large wooden bowl with the salt.
Add the garlic and anchovy fillets, mash with two forks.
Add the mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, vinegar, pepper and oil.
Add the egg yolk and mix well.
Cut the lettuce into... - 43.4219
Family Style Salad
1) In a large bowl, break lettuce.
2) Cut endive and cabbage crosswise.
3) Combine, lettuce, endive, cabbage along with the remaining ingredients.
4) Toss the salad with French dressing before serving. - 41.4605
First Course Salad
About 20 minutes before supper:
1. Toss together cucumber, scallions, radishes, and capers.
2. Toss romaine leaves with a bit of Italian dressing. On each of 4 salad plates arrange 3 romaine leaves, in fan shape, with cucumber-radish mixture at base. - 24.2779
Vegan Fattoush Salad
Looking for all the healthy and interesting ways to include raw fruits and vegetables into diet, try some salads. The chef in the video makes nice and fresh Fattoush salad a Mediterranean salad which is good to serve large gathering. Watch the video to see... - 85.3515
Grand Parisian Salad With Grilled Beef Sirloin
1. Combine shallots, soy sauce, oil, vinegar, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl or zipper-lock bag. Add sirloin and marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
2. Grill sirloin to desired doneness.
3. Place salad ingredients in a bowl and toss.
4.... - 34.9412
1) In a large bowl, add potato, mayonnaise, chopped nuts, diced carrots, onion and peas.
2) Use a salad bowl to line with cabbage leaves or lettuce.
3) Place the salad to pile into the centre.
4) Serve the salad by garnishing with sliced... - 37.1897
1. Halve grapefruit, making scalloped edge, if desired.
2. Spoon out pulp; remove all membrane with scissors.
3. Drain salmon; flake, removing skin.
4. Combine salmon and grapefruit pulp.
5. Combine mayonnaise and chili sauce, add to salmon mixture, toss to... - 35.8922
1) Prepare the lettuce, removing one leaf at a time.
2) Rinse and drain. Pat dry if required.
3) Tear lettuce into large pieces and mix gently.
4) Chop tomato.
5) Cut chunks of hearts of palm and artichoke hearts.
5) On the serving... - 39.8051
King Gasparilla Xlvii Salad
1) In a large bowl, mix the bacon, beef, lettuce, celery, peanuts and carrots together.
2) Pour over the blue cheese salad dressing and toss well to coat.
3) Serve immediately on individual serving plates. - 35.2316
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine the apples with the lemon juice.
2) To this, add the celery, dates, salt and mayonnaise.
3) Toss well to combine.
4) Serve the Harvest Salad on crisp lettuce leaves. - 37.8388
High Protein Vegetarian Salad
In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, oil, salt, and cumin.
Add the chick peas, peppers, onion, and sunflower seeds, and toss to mix.
Taste for seasoning, and add more salt and cumin if desired. - 33.8262
Classic Caesar Salad
1) Combine the oil and the garlic and allow to stand overnight. Remove garlic.
2) Brown the bread crumbs in 2 tablespoons of the oil. Drain and set aside.
3) Place the lettuce in a large bowl, and add salt, pepper, and the remaining oil. Break open the egg... - 30.6546
Classic Caesar Salad
Pour oil into small bowl.
Crush 1 garlic clove in garlic press; add to oil.
Let stand 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Brown croutons slowly in 1/4 cup of the garlic oil; cool.
Cut remaining clove of garlic in half; rub salad bowl with garlic and discard.
Toss salad at... - 47.9371
Classic Salad Nicoise
1. Rub round the salad bowl with the cut clove of garlic.
2. Shred the lettuce, divide the spears of chicory and put into the salad bowl with the tomatoes, cucumber and eggs.
3. Drain excess oil from the fish, divide into 4 portions and put on top of the... - 38.8444
Classic Caesar Salad
Mash garlic with salt using the side of a knife blade to make a paste; set aside.
Combine lemon juice, mayonnaise, Dijon, Worcestershire, anchovy paste, and pepper in a large bowl.
Whisk in oil, 3 T.
Parmesan, and garlic paste.
Add romaine to bowl and toss to... - 38.8739
Classic Cooked Vegetable Salad
1) Cook the vegetables and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, add the mayonnaise and sour cream and mix well.
3) Add in the vegetables and season with onion salt, salt, and pepper.
4) Toss well to ensure that all vegetables are well coated with... - 35.3586
Classic Green Salad
Crush the garlic to a slush with salt by squashing it with the flat blade of a knife.
Scrape this into a small bowl and whisk with vinegar, then whisk in the oil, a little at a time, until all is thoroughly combined.
Tear the leaves into manageable... - 38.4902
Classic Layered Salad
1. Prepare the Creamy Parsley Dressing: Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, parsley, chives and pepper in a small bowl until well blended. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasonings, if necessary.
2. Assemble the Salad: Place the lettuce in a 4-quart glass or... - 34.2274
Classic Caesar Salad
Here's a video for the ever popular Caesar Salad. A video which is non English but with English sub titles. So don't fret, you could still watch the video to know how to make this healthy and crunchy yummy Caesar salad! - 93.2918
Classic Confetti Rice Salad
Using separate saucepans, cook the wild rice and the white rice according to the package directions.
Drain, if necessary.
Cool and transfer to a large bowl.
Stir in the oranges, dates, and scallions.
In a small bowl, whisk together the water, apple juice... - 46.5919
1) In a pan, cook the spaghetti as per directions on the package, drain well.
2) In a large bowl, mix the spaghetti, green peppers, red pepper and onion together.
3) Pour over the Italian salad dressing, toss well to coat the spaghetti and... - 39.7651
1. Grate apples, beets and carrots.
2. In a salad bowl place the beets, apples and grated carrots.
3. Mix pineapple juice,lemon and pineapple. Toss to remove any kind of lumps.
4. Check if salad is dry. If dry, add pineapple juice.
5. Serve... - 41.8923
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine sugar, orange juice, and next 4 ingredients. Pour over edamame mixture; toss gently to coat. - 29.6994
Sprinkle sugar in an even layer in a small saucepan; place over medium heat.
Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar melts and syrup is light brown.
Stir in walnuts; cook until syrup becomes caramel colored.
Immediately pour mixture out onto a piece of... - 43.828
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
Combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and pepper in a jar.
Cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
Pour dressing over salad, tossing to coat.
Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serve immediately. - 35.7952
Classic Green Salad
Tear greens into bite-size pieces.
Rub garlic clove against the inside of a salad bowl.
Add greens to bowl.
Garnish with radishes, pars ley, and chives.
Pour about half of the dressing over salad; toss well and serve. - 25.9673
Classic Waldorf Salad
In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
Add apples and celery; toss to coat well.
Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts. - 30.3449
Classic Land And Sea Salad
1) In salad bowl add top greens, crab meat, shrimp, cherry tomato halves, and green onion.
2) Place in refrigerator.
3) Before serving, peel and slice avocado.
4) Mix it to the salad.
5) Toss the mixture with chilled Curry Dressing.
6) To prepare curry... - 37.954
Classic Squid Salad
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Have ready a big bowl of ice water. Add the squid to the boiling water all at once, stir and cover the pot to help the water return to a boil. Cook, tasting for doneness, for up to 3 minutes.
2.... - 36.1086
Classic Continental Potato Salad
In a pan of water, cook the potatoes in their jackets for 15-18 minutes, lift out potatoes and allow to cool a little, peel and chill for 2-3 hours.
Dice potatoes and place in a salad bowl.
Mince the onion; peel, core and dice the apple; chop the pickled... - 42.2163
Classic Cutie Clementine Salad
1, Combine spinach, Clementines, olives and onion in a large serving bowl.
2, Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
3, Top with crumbled feta. - 27.5243
1) Use a large bowl, to add and combine all the ingredients.
2) Toss properly.
3) Drizzle ¼-1/2 cup of salad dressing to enhance the taste. Toss and season with freshly ground black pepper. - 39.2585
Steak Salad With Classic Dressing
1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, garlic and pepper. Brush over both sides of steak; marinate overnight in refrigerator. Remove steak from marinade.
2. Grill, broil or barbecue steak for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until rare. Cut diagonally,... - 29.6837
1) Trim lettuce, watercress or corn salad and wash them.
2) Dry thoroughly.
3) Trim endive, wash and shred it.
4) Wipe and slice tomatoes.
5) Shell hard-boiled eggs and quarter them.
6) Peel onion and finely slice it.
7) Cut cheese into thin... - 46.7221
Duffy's Dawn Salad
FOR THE DRESSING, combine the apple, cider, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, cinnamon, and cardamom in a medium bowl and stir to mix.
COMBINE THE SMOKED TURKEY, provolone, and romaine in a large bowl.
Pour the apple dressing over the salad and... - 39.4707
Field Salad With Shallots And Chives
1) In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of shallots in oil. Place aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour to 24 hours.
2) In another small bowl, add red wine and sherry vinegars. Combine well and add the shallot-oil mixture. Blend... - 41.3831
1) In a large bowl, add first 7 ingredients to combine by stirring.
2) Cover with a lid and place inside the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
3) Just before serving, place lettuce, celery, pimiento, and olives into the bowl.
4) Gently toss the... - 44.4448
Franks And Kraut Salad
1. In a large salad bowl, combine all the ingredients for the salad and toss to mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk lightly with a fork until well blended.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad.
4. Using two salad... - 40.6125
Herbed Soybean Salad
Cook soybeans according to preferred method.
Meanwhile, cook zucchini in a little water until tender, but not soft.
Combine cooked soybeans, zucchini and herbs.
Mix garlic, salt, mustard, vinegar and oil.
Pour dressing over soybean mixture and toss until well... - 41.7343
This is the classic way to prepare Caesar salad. Most restaurants do not serve it this way because it uses raw eggs but those who do prepare it at the table to ensure its freshness. Make sure your eggs are fresh, preferably organic. Follow our steps carefully... - 125.226
Tossed Fattoush Salad
Fattoush in Arabic means "moistened bread", and this salad consists of a chilled mixed veggies tossed with small cubes of toasted bread. The texture of the toasted bread adds an unusual quality.
This is the classic Mediterranean recipe in the style of Syria... - 38.6909
Classic Coleslaw With Yogurt Dressing
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix cabbage and sweet potatoes.
2. Add rest of the ingredients and toss well.
3. In 2 cups, divide equally and serve. - 36.734
Zucchini Tomato Toss
Prepare dressing; refrigerate.
Tear greens into bite-size pieces (about 16 cups).
Place in large plastic bag.
Wash zucchini; remove stem and blossom ends but do not pare.
Thinly slice zucchini and green onions into bag.
Close bag and refrigerate.
Just before... - 42.9983
Raw Thai Fruit Salad
Love fruits? Here's a great way to include them in your diet. Watch this video now and learn how to prepare this delicious Tahi Fruit Salad. We bet your family will love it too. Watch the video now. - 100.927
Senorita Shrimp Boats
1) In a large pot, boil the water with the bay leaf, celery, parsley, and peppercorns.
2) Add the shrimp, then simmer on a medium-low heat for about 1 minute, until the shrimp is thoroughly cooked.
3) Drain, allow to cool then slice each shrimp... - 47.922
Iceberg lettuce, blue cheese and red wine vinegar are all super foods that are in this classic recipe.
Fact: Iceberg lettuce contains dietary fibers along with Omega fatty acid which helps with overall good health. - 0
Quick Italian Salad - Garden Salad
If you're interested in making a quick salad then check this out. Chef Bhavna shows us how to make the quick Italian salad. The salad has an authentic taste and you would like to make it more often. Do check out the video. - 101.296
Wegmans Fingerling Potato Salad
Want a twist on the classic potato salad? Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you a new potato salad recipe to complement your BBQ. This recipe does not only taste great it looks so cool too! So if you are looking for a healthy alternative to your beloved potato... - 135.282
Loaded Potato Salad
Potato salad is a classic dish that is found at most picnics and backyard BBQ’s in the Midwest. Wanting to switch up the flavor? Try the combination of the traditional loaded baked potato at a steak house and put it into a salad form...Genius. - 0
Wegmans Arugula Salad
This simple, tasty salad is always on our lunch menu! Wegmans' Chef Nella Neeck shows you how it's done and why it's the perfect complement to any Italian meal. This salad is so great, everyone at the table just can't get enough of it. For once you will be... - 133.488
In large serving bowl, toss greens with 1/3 cup salad dressing and salt.
Decoratively arrange ham, cheese, egg, carrots, red onion, and cucumber on top.
Serve with remaining dressing alongside. - 33.7099
Tangy Fruit Salad With Sweet Yogurt Dressing
Combine pineapple and blueberries in Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl.
Cut cantaloupe in half and remove seeds.
Using Small Stainless Steel Scoop, form melon balls.
Add to Batter Bowl.
Remove hulls from strawberries with Tomato Corer.
Using Egg Slicer, cut half the... - 42.0723
Caprese Pasta Salad
Feeling like having salad, but don' want to have the regular salad, then check out this amazing and yummy Pasta Caprese Salad. This salad is made from fresh tomatoes, basil, cheese, red wine vinegar. This is so tempting isn't it? Chef Alicia does a good job... - 117.56
Smoked Turkey & Fruit Salad
Toss together salad, mandarin oranges, turkey and raisins in large bowl. Pour in dressing; toss to evenly coat.
Spoon salad onto large serving platter. Arrange halved pineapple slices around salad. - 26.9419
Wegmans Super Pasta Summer Salad
Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you a great salad to complement your BBQ and an easy way to get more tasty veggies on your plate. This is a delightful and easy to prepare salad that is great for cookouts, summer picnics or parties out-doors. It is a refreshing... - 142.692
A classic Waldorf salad made easy! A quick and easy delight. So the next time you have unannounced guests…do not panic…toss into your spread this quick and simple salad. - 40.5181
Cashew And Celery Salad
Want to make a vegetarian egg salad? Then watch this video and learn to make an egg salad with the eggs. This yummy recipe is a definite winner when it comes to vegetarian side dishes. Easy and quick to make, this salad is bound to be loved by everyone. - 90.5638
Tomato Bread Salad
In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, bread cubes and Mozzarella cheese.
Add oil, basil, vinegar, salt and pepper; toss lightly.
Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving. - 27.7189
Greek Village Salad
Greek Village Salad Recipe, a summer classic! World famous Greek Salad - healthy recipe from the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.
It's always best to use fresh produces. It's understandable that you may not have access to, for instance, fresh olives. If it's... - 0
Country Picnic Salad
In medium bowl, combine corn, Monterey Jack cheese, celery, tomatoes and green onion; set aside.
In small bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt.
Gradually add oil, whisking until smooth and thickened.
Stir in celery seeds.
Pour dressing over sala - 28.6588
Tortellini Salad With Garden Vegetables
Cook tortellini according to package directions just until tender.
Drain, rinse under cold running water and drain again.
Transfer to Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl.
Cut bell pepper and zucchini as indicated with 5-inch Self-Sharpening Utility Knife.
Add remaining... - 32.9327
Homemade Macaroni Salad
How many of you still like to pack a box of macaroni salad for your lunch at work? The cheesy and creamy macaroni salad is a hot favorite to all ages of people. So, here is the recipe for all of you. Watch and experiment with additional ingredients, if you... - 124.988
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Combine the classic flavor of a vintage Caesar salad with the potluck goodness of easy pasta recipes with this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad recipe from Anne Colagioia. Pasta noodles and lean chicken breast provide fat free heartiness to this idea, making it one... - 107.473
The Posh Pescatarian's version of the classic Salade Niçoise using sustainable seafood including skipjack tuna and flat anchovies. - 118.861
Wegmans Chef Nella Neeck shows you how to created a unique, refreshing summer salad/side dish with tomatoes, basil, Italian bread and more. This is a perfect salad for summer when the vegetables are in season and very sweet. This salad is not only delicious... - 137.561
Are you looking for a great salad recipe? Watch this video to learn the classic Mediterranean Tabouleh recipe. This salad never fails to impress as a side dish. The recipe is simple and can be easily replicated at home. Watch this video now. - 120.264
Kosambri or carrot salad is a very healthy and delicious way to eat vegetables. It is simple to make and retains all the nutrition. Watch this video and try this simple recipe. - 127.563
Busy But Healthy show host Kristine Fretwell shares her quick and healthy version of the classic B.B.Q. side dish, Coleslaw. - 45.7573