- » Classic Stew
Classic Stew Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic stew recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic stew recipes.
Beef & Guinness Stew
The Aimless Cook is ushering in Spring with this great recipe for Beef and Guinness stew. Organic beef and fresh market produce make this recipe something that you cannot miss. This is a perfect dish for the St. Patrick's Day!
Have fun cooking it! - 108.898
Heat water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy soup pot over medium heat.
Add onions and garlic.
Cook and stir until tender.
Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
Add leeks, potatoes, carrots, turnip, sweet potato, 5 cups water or broth, oregano,... - 45.8234
Shake meat in a bag with flour, salt, pepper and cloves.
Heat oil in a heavy saucepan; add meat and brown on all sides over high heat.
Add tomatoes and broth.
Simmer, covered, about 1 1/2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
Cut off pumpkin top and... - 44.4814
Trim fat from steak.
Cut steak into 1-inch pieces.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add steak pieces, onion, garlic, and pepper.
Cook until meat is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Drain and pat dry with paper... - 43.871
1. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges.
2. Into a large saucepan Put 2 tablespoons drippings brown salt pork and onions and remove from pan.
3. Add remaining drippings and beef and brown.
4. Add salt pork, onions, water, bouillon cubes, paprika,... - 43.7675
1.Heat the butter for 1 minute at HIGH.
2.Put onion, garlic, green pepper in the butter and cook for 2 minutes at High by stirring.
3.Put tomato, potatoes, water or clam juice, salt, pepper, dill or marjoram and heat for 5 minutes at MEDIUM... - 43.5953
Rustic Turkey And Macaroni Stew
Cut turkey into 1-inch pieces, and sprinkle with pepper.
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil.
Place over medium heat until hot.
Add turkey, and cook until turkey is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Drain and pat dry with paper... - 43.5584
1) In a paper bag mix flour, salt, and pepper.
2) Add meat to it and mix to coat well.
3) In a heavy, nonstick Dutch oven heat oil.
4) Brown meat on all sides.
5) Add onion, broth, and wine to the pot. Cover and simmer meat slowly for 1 1/2 hours... - 42.1775
Place the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt 1 minute at HIGH.
Add the onion, garlic, green pepper and stir together.
Microwave 2 minutes at HIGH.
Stir and add the remaining ingredients except the fish.
Stir well, microwave 5 minutes at MEDIUM-HIGH.
Cut... - 41.0861
Cut meat from cooked fresh lobsters into small pieces, leaving claw meat whole.
Put water, onion, celery and bay leaf with cracked lobster shells in saucepan.
Cover, and simmer 30 minutes; then uncover, and reduce broth to about 2 cups.
Strain, and reserve... - 40.6878
Make the Court Bouillon or Stock by mixing all the ingredients and simmering for 20 minutes, strain .and set aside.
Flake the cooked lobster in the top of a double boiler and heat for 5 minutes with the butter.
Saute the finely sliced mushrooms in a little... - 40.5761
Good Brown Stew
In Dutch oven, brown meat in oil over medium heat.
Sprinkle seasonings on meat.
Add enough water to reserved vegetable liquids to measure 4 cups; pour on meat.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat; simmer 2 hours or until meat is tender.
Add small amount of water if... - 40.0753
Pork And Hominy Stew
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, bell peppers, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the broth, beer, chiles, oregano, and chipotle; bring... - 39.7403
Put live lobster in boiling water to cover.
Put salt and water in cooker.
Place lobster on rack in cooker.
Close cover and set pressure control in place.
When pressure is reached, cook for 5 minutes.
Cool cooker at once under running... - 39.4781
1) In a saucepan heat water, boil lobster. Take off the meat and cube it.
2) In a skillet heat butter and lightly brown the meat.
3) Scald milk.
4) Add milk to lobster meat and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Add cream and bring to boil, but do not allow to... - 38.7721
1. Remove meat from lobster and reserve shell.
2. Stud onion all over with whole cloves. Break up lobster shells and place in soup kettle with water, onion, celery, and bay leaf. Simmer 45 minutes.
3. Meanwhile make lemon butter. Let butter come to room... - 37.8632
Creamy Lobster Stew
1. Melt butter and add flour, stirring until smooth.
2. Add cream gradually.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat. Season.
5. Add lobster meat cut into small pieces. The stew should have the consistency of a fairly thick white... - 36.434
1) Cut the meat in 1 inch cubes.
2) Season with salt and meat.
3) In a casserole, heat oil, brown the meat and onions.
4) Add water, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until tender.
5) Add bananas and cook for 10 minutes more. - 36.2291
In large saucepan melt butter; add lobster and cook about 5 minutes.
Add cream, milk, salt, dash pepper, Worcestershire, and hot pepper sauce; heat to scalding.
Remove from heat; cover and let stand 15 minutes to blend flavors.
If necessary, reheat to serving... - 34.5775
Easy Harvest Stew
In large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 to 12 minutes until tender.
Drain; remove celery tops.
Serve hot. - 34.2279
Pork And Hominy Stew
1. Puree the onion, cilantro, water, garlic, oregano, and cumin in a blender; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a nonstick Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the pork and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 4 minutes.... - 31.6387
Good Brown Stew
Thoroughly brown meat on all sides in hot fat.
Add all ingredients except vegetables.
Cook 2 hours; add vegetables and cook until tender. - 30.0924
Good 'n Easy Stew
Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours.
If desired, thicken gravy. - 25.85
1. Cut the lobster meat in uniform pieces. Saute it lightly in the butter or margarine with the onion.
2. Heat the milk and add to the lobster. Season with the salt and paprika and heat, stirring until the stew steams. - 25.6194
Classic Stew Recipes By Category