- » Classic Spicy Curry
Classic Spicy Curry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic spicy curry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic spicy curry recipes.
Classic Paneer Pasanda
Paneer pasanda is a delicate Indian preparation, which you might have tasted in the Indian eateries. Watch this video, if you want to cook this awesome cottage cheese preparation for your special Indian menu. Serve over saffron rice preparation and enjoy a... - 153.087
Indian Chicken Curry
The Indian Chicken Curry is one recipe that is almost magical. It has all the flavors working together to make it fragrantly wonderful. This tasty curry can be served with a variety of side dishes of your choice. Watch and learn this recipe from this video.... - 138.653
Spicy Chana Masala
The quintessential Punjabi dish, Chana Masala, is far from being bland and boring. This is an intensely spiced chickpea curry that will remind you of the best restaurant versions you’ve tasted. It tastes fantastic with roti, naan, puri or rice. Healthy.... - 138.526
Indian Aloo Dum
Indian curries have won millions of hearts all over the world and people who have tasted it once go hunting for recipes. Indian Aloo Dum by Chef Manjula is an authentic Indian side dish and she has the most authentic way of preparing it. She explains the... - 137.554
Classic Chicken Vindaloo With A Blend Of Indian Spices
A classic Indian chicken curry which is steeped with exotic spices from the far east. An elaborate step by step account as to what goes into it awaits you here. This recipe definitely requires a little preparation but the final result is absolutely divine... - 129.268
Vegetarian Fish Curry
Chettinad cuisine is mostly known for its non-vegetarian specials but all the veggie lovers out there are going to love this fish(fake fish) curry,also this curry is a vegan delight. - 126.938
Punjabi Dal Makhani
Indian cuisines have a variety of lentil recipes that are cooked in many ways. Those who are trying out Indian lentil, here is a lentil recipe which is a delicacy of Punjab state in India. Chef Manjula is sharing the recipe for this most sort after dal with... - 126.721
Misal Pav Or Matki Usal - Spicy Curry With Buns
1. In a pressure cooker over medium heat, add oil and heat it. Add in the turmeric powder, onions, garlic paste, ginger paste and stir fry until the onions are cooked.
2. Add in the coconut, tomato, salt and cook covered for 7-8 minutes or until the... - 126.249
Red Curry Beef
The combination of sweet squash and corn with the spicy red curry paste makes this dish a winner. Add the freshness of cucumber and you are all set. This is easy to make but you will need red curry paste. You will find it in Asian grocery stores or in the... - 126.015
Spicy Chicken Tikka Masala
Do you want to give the impression of spending endless hours in the kitchen but in reality rustle up a dish in the minimum time required? Try this Spicy chicken tikka masala recipe. In this recipe, roasted chicken is cooked in a rich, creamy sauce. Watch this... - 123.392
Indian Spicy Spinach And Potato Curry
Want to prepare your spinach with a little twist? Try making Indian Spicy Spinach and Potato Curry with chef Pallavi in the video. The recipe calls for a few simple Indian Spices and its easy to prepare. Pallavi has some tips for twisting the recipe a little... - 122.786
Stir-fried Sardines In Tomato Sauce
Your search for a recipe which looks as good as it tastes, ends here! Stir-fried sardines in tomato sauce is a healthy dish which can be prepared within minutes. It can be made spicy or mild depending on your preference. Serve the dish as it is or with... - 120.593
Grilled Red Curry Flank Steak
What can we ever do without the classic Grilled Red Curry Flank Steak? Nothing much actually! This is the perfect bbq bad boy dish! So delicious, so undeniably good! Watch and learn from this video to make this one helluva steak. Mazel Tov! - 119.011
Spicy Chicken Curry
Hey you chicken lovers, try this Chicken curry recipe and you will surely want to have it as often as possible during the week. Usually chicken curry preparation uses potatoes and peas, but this recipe only uses potato and still turns out just as well. Taste... - 118.913
Mom's Chettinad Chicken Curry
This Chettinad pepper chicken recipe is a contribution by my mother-in-law and is said to run in her mom's family for generations. Freshly ground spices gives this recipe an irresistible aroma that is sure to win your hearts so have a look at the video to... - 118.654
Coconut Curry Soup
Here is an extremely delicious and easy Asian soup. Your friends and family will enjoy it. - 118.438
Indian Palak Paneer
A nice blend of palak and paneer together. Very flavorful and tastes awesome! - 115.631
Spicy Shrimp Curry
1.Heat a non stick pan, and add the vegetable oil.
2. Add the sliced onion, curry leaves, ginger and the garlic paste. Sauté for some time until the onions are translucent and the ginger and garlic is cooked.
3.Spinkle in the turmeric and the... - 115.455
Spicy Beef Curry With Bishop Seeds
If you are a beef addict, here is a special beef recipe for you. Chef Belucci shows how to make delicious beef curry using bishop weeds. These tiny weeds also called ajwain, aid in digestion and also enhance the flavor of the dish. - 114.484
Indian Dum Aloo
Baby potatoes cooked in smooth, silky and spicy masaledar gravy. Tastes just great! - 112.56
Classic Chicken Curry
1. Chop the coriander or cilantro leaves, green chilies, tomatoes and onions.
2. In a mixing bowl add two tbsp curd, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and ginger garlic paste and mix well.
3. In case the salt is not... - 111.194
Keema Or Curried Ground Beef
1. In a large pot, fry onions and chilies over a medium-high heat.
2. Add all the dried spices and continue to fry for another few minutes.
3. Add ginger-onion-garlic paste, fry for a few more minutes until all spices and aromatics become a spicy... - 110.742
1. In a nonstick pan, heat together oil and butter such that the butter melts completely.
2. Stir adding Add onion, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, garam masala, salt and bell pepper.
3. Let it cook with cover until done and add the tomato puree,... - 109.611
Indian Butter Chicken
Butter chicken which is also knows as Murgh Makhani is boneless pieces of chicken cooked in butter with tomato sauce which is a favorite specialty all over India. Check this out easy, tasty recipe and everyone' s all time favorite dish - 109.146
If you are game for some spicy Indian dish for dinner tonight, then chole is what you need? Dipali Kapadia tells you how you can whomp up this yummy chickpea curry at home using simplest of ingredients. If you aren't too fond of eating spicy food, you can... - 108.106
Indian Mutton Kurma
Very rich and delicious mughlai dish which gets ready with minimal preparation and tastes just fabulous. - 105.3
Spicy Chicken Tikka Masala With Basmati Rice
Welcome to my new series, First Time Recipes.
Today I try making Tika Masala.
Let me know if you enjoy this episode and please forward me your recipes and ideas for the next show! - 102.033
I love Indian food but unfortunately, it can get pricey. My favorite local joint has entrees upwards in the 20-30 dollar range. My quick and easy version helped me use up spices that I already had on hand that ordinarily would sit idly, collecting dust and... - 101.783
Jamaican Curry Goat
1. To marinate meat, in a large bowl, put goal meat, add chives, chopped chilli, half of garlic, allspice, half of thyme, and 2 tablespoons of curry powder. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap, and let it rest for overnight or at least 4... - 101.238
Thai Green Curry
Thai Green Chicken Curry has to be one of the most popular Thai curries. Watch this video for an easy home-style version chicken curry with Thai eggplants. It’s got the perfect balance of spicy, sour and sweet! Make a large pot of this fragrant and rice... - 100.764
Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
1. Wash and clean chicken by removing excess fat.
2. In a bowl place chicken, add curry powder, cayenne pepper, and vinegar. Mix well and set it aside to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight for flavor to infuse.
3. Place a large pot on... - 98.9769
1. For green seasoning, in food processor, add chives, cilantro, thyme, oregano, parsley, garlic, and vinegar. Blend to form thick paste.
2. In a large bowl combine duck pieces and lime juice. Mix to coat well.
3. Rinse duck with water, drain,... - 98.9434
Burmese Fish Curry
1. Soak dried red chilies in hot water for 20 minutes.
2. Peel and separate cloves of garlic. Set aside.
3. For curry paste, in blender add chilies, shallots, garlic, and coriander.
4. Pour water and blend until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, place... - 98.9434
This recipe is suitable for those who are interested in Malaysian food. The chef shows us how to make curry laska. Watch the video for the detailed recipe. This is a coconut based curry soup. - 96.9146
Chicken Chettinad (one of the few ways to get the "authentic" flavour) - 94.8355
Red Thai Prawn Curry
Loved this Red Thai Prawn Curry recipe, so simple to make, and really flavor packed with a cheeky bit of lemon grass thrown in. You could make this with your own homemade Thai sauce, but there’s still a fair bit to be done in pulling this together with a... - 87.5887
Indian Style Chicken Curry
Indian curries are known for spiciness as well as interesting texture and flavor. In the video chef Jemeela shows how to make a spicy Chicken Curry with pieces of chicken and some typical Indian spices. Good to accompany rotis or rice! - 83.9371
Green Peas Tofu/paneer Masala
1. In a hot pan, heat the oil, butter, green chilies, garlic and stir well.
2. Add in the ground onion, turmeric powder, madras curry powder, coriander powder and mix well.
3. Add in the sliced onion, chopped tomato and stir fry on medium high heat.
4.... - 83.4776
Beef Strog A Something
Beef Curry with Mushrooms is an invention of our Chef, she has tried to make a beef curry kind of a dish keeping in mind the taste that she would like to have at the end. She adds onions, mushrooms, paprika and Dijon mustard for a little sourness. The dish... - 80.2047
It is a dish made by marinating a chicken overnight in a yoghurt and spice mixture usually including garam masala, ginger, lemon or lime, pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, chilli, methi and garlic. It is in some ways similar to chicken tikka masala. The... - 61.13
Moms Chicken Curry
This chicken curry is spicy,rich and very tasty. Try and enjoy!!! - 60.9511
My friends love this Malai Kofta Recipe. This is a traditional recipe from Punjabi Cuisine. Whenever my friends party or celebrate, they include malai kofta in the menu. Malai Kofta is a very delicious Indian curry. It is a very popular marriage party dish in... - 57.9005
Make a tight dough using above ingredients with water keep under water wet cloth for 30 mins.
Divide into small ball,roll it and deep fry in oil and serve hot with saagu
Grind above ingerdients with water to a smooth... - 52.8582
Spicy Fish Curry
Fish Curry is a very popular side dish in Kerala. It is served with rice or steamed tapioca (yuca). The combination of tapioca and fish curry is called 'Kappayum meenum' in malayalam. This curry tastes best the next day after it is made.
The ingredient which... - 52.8404
Easy Dhokar Dalna
This is a very tasty recipe made of bengal gram (lentil). It is so tasty that you will be surprised and that is why the name. It is by itself a whole meal. Try it today. - 52.5403
1)Peel the marrow and make several gashes on it with a kitchen knife.
2)In a pan, boil water and put marrow in it. Cover the pan and leave let it cook for 5 minutes.
3)Drain the marrow and place on a plate.
4)Make a paste of all the ingredients... - 51.4447
Hyderabadi Baghara Baingan
1 Make lengthwise slits in the brinjal so that it is segmented into four, but leave the stems attached so that brinjal remains joined at the stem.
2 Keep aside.
3 For The Coconut And Sesame Paste, in a pan, combine the sesame seeds, coconut,... - 50.8496
Ilish Bhapa or Steamed Hilsa is a traditional dish of Bengal. Hilsa is a favorite fish for almost every Bengali person. This specialty cuisine is prepared with mustard paste. The hot and spicy taste of this dish completely depends on the type of mustard you... - 50.3932
Cabbage Kofta Curry
Would you like to try Cabbage Kofta Curry at home? This Cabbage Kofta Curry recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. This is a traditional recipe from Mughlai Cuisine. Cabbage Kofta Curry is a very delicious Indian curry . It is included as a... - 50.3682
Spicy Badami Gosth cooked with cashew nuts and serve with hot rice or Yakhni pulao. - 50.2111
Spicy Asparagus Pish Rolls
Thaw fish, if frozen.
Cut fresh asparagus into 6-inch lengths.
Cook fresh asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or till crisp-tender.
Place three or four asparagus spears crosswise on each fillet, then roll up... - 49.6311
Mutton Cooked in light gravy. An all time favorite in East India. - 49.4236
Dry Mushroom Curry
Cut and wash mushroom and aloo and keep aside.
Wash methi leaves and finely chop and keep aside.
In a pan put oil,mustard seeds ,onion and fry till brown colour.
Add methi leaves and fry till soft.
Now add ginger and garlic paste,tomato,mushroom,aloo,water... - 49.189
Spicy Bean Tostadas
In a large saucepan combine kidney beans, hominy, tomatoes and green chili peppers, tomato sauce, celery, onion, parsley, and sugar.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir together cold water and cornstarch; add to the... - 49.0827
Kozhi Vartha Curry
The traditional Indian chicken curry that is a favorite in South India. The kozhi vartha curry is chicken cooked in traditional Indian spices. The aroma itself is enough to advertise your culinary skills. Try the chicken curry that is a real treat for your... - 48.8133
Rajma (red Kidney Bean Curry)
This vegetarian dish originated in Punjab, a northern state in India. Kidney beans are an excellent source of protein and dietary fiber, making it an ideal ingredient in a vegetarian diet. For more recipes, visit www.deliciousindian.com. - 48.7441
Egg Spicy Roast
This Egg roast is a very spicy and tasty dish to be tried and enjoyed! - 48.4395
Baingan Bharta is a popular Eggplant Curry that goes well with Indian Bread/Rotis/Chapathis. Traditionally the eggplant is roasted directly over flame/fire until the skin shrivels and peels off easily. Roasting the eggplant over fire gives it a smoky flavor... - 48.3858
Baby Corn Curry
Very easy and quick to make curry that goes well with Roti/Chapathi. - 48.2771
Would you like to try simple Fish Curry at home? This recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. It is a traditional Fish Curry recipe from Bengali Cuisine. Fish Curry is a delicious Indian Curry.It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and... - 48.2731
In a pan add oil.
When it is hot put jeera,allow to pop.
Then add onion and fry till golden brown.
Now chopped tomato and fry till they become mashy.
Add Kumbalakai,water and allow it to cook(but take care it should not become mashy)
when it is cooked,add... - 48.008
Chicken Hariyali literally means Green Chicken. This dish has got its obvious name since it is cooked in green herbs gravy. The cilantro and mint paste give 'Chicken Hariyali' a healthy twist. Easy to cook and tasty to eat, it surely is a way to get some... - 47.7177
Spicy Mushroom Onions
* Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, chopped onion and copped green chilies and sauté until it turns golden brown
* Now add ginger garlic paste and mix
* Add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and salt
... - 47.5223
Indian Crab Dry Curry
This Crab dry curry is a spicy and mouth-watering dish. All my family members love this dish very much. Try and enjoy! - 47.1998
Methi Leaves Curry With Beans And Aloo
In a kaadai put oil.
Add mustard seeds,curry leaves,onion and fry till brown colour.
Now add methi leaves and fry till it turns soft.
Add mix vegetables,tomato and fry till they are cooked.
When they are cooked add 2tsp of sambar pd,salt and fry for another... - 47.1765
Gosht Kofta Korma
'Gosht' means meat of the Lamb/Mutton. Kofta's implies spicy deep-fried balls and Korma is thick gravy. This Meatballs Korma is an absolutely delicious dish. - 47.1163
Spicy Lamb Curry
1. Take an electric or 12 inch skillet, add oil and meat.
2. Allow meat to turn evenly brown.
3. Using a disc fitted to a bowl, with slicing side facing up, slice apple and onions.
4. Add along with rest of the ingredients to meat.
5. Using a spoon,... - 46.5215
* Cut the mutton in small pieces and pressure cook it 2 cups of water, with a pinch turmeric powder and a drop of oil for 3 whistles.
* If you don't have kulambu powder then you can fry the other said powders lightly without any oil and use that instead of... - 46.234
Tomato Fish Curry
1. Smear the fish with the ingredients in the ‘Marinade’ and let lie for 1 hour.Lightly fry and keep aside.
2. Heat some more oil in a pan
3. When hot (a wooden implement dipped in the oil should bubble heavily, readily) add the mustard seeds
4.... - 46.2311
In a pan fry dry fish adding 3tsp of oil nicely till raw smell goes.
Then put inside cold water and wash nicely and and keep aside.
In a pan add oil,when it is hot put onion,mashed garlic and fry till golden brown.
Then add boiled surti... - 45.8154
Spicy Shrimp Curry / Prawn Curry
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions toll golden brown.
2. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
3. Now add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and chilli powder. Saute for some more time.
4. Now add the tomato and cook till mushy.
5. Add... - 45.2862
Aloo Matar Curry
in a pan add oil,mustard seeds,when it pop up.
Add tomatoes and fry till soft.
Add matar,boiled aloo and mix it and allow matar to cook.
Then add dry masala,salt water little and cook for 10mins.
then serve to bowl garnishing with coriander leaves.
Serve with... - 45.1776
Carrot And Palak Curry
In a pan add oil.
when it is hot put jeera,allow to splutter.
Then add onion,green chillies and fry till brown colour.
Now add palak and fry till they become soft.
Now add grated carrot and fry till they are cooked.
Add salt and mix it nicely,and cook for... - 44.9833
Spicy Fish Curry
Cut the fish into 2.5 cm cubes.
Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil, add the fish and fry until just cooked, this should take about 3 minutes.
Remove and set aside.
Spray a little more oil on to the pan and fry the onions until they are soft... - 44.6983
In a Pan put oil when it is hot.
Add mustard seeds and onion and fry till it changes to brown colour.
Add tomato,mushroom and fry till it become mashy.
Add grinded masala and till raw smell goes.
Then add salt,water and keep it in low flame and allow bubbles... - 44.6405
Prawn And Raw Mango Curry
1. De-vein, clean and wash prawns properly. If the prawns are big ,then u can cut each prawn into half.
2. Cut the mango into medium pieces.
3. Crush ginger and onion.
4. In a skillet/wok/kadhai, combine crushed onion-ginger, prawns,... - 44.4889
Hot N Spicy Mushroom Curry
Wash Mushrooms & them into halves. Keep aside
Heat 4 tbs oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds & allow them to splutter. Add cumin seeds, onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies, curry leaves, turmeric powder & saute until onions turn light brown.
Add chopped... - 44.4585
1) Take a wok ad heat some ghee. Roast coconut, poppy seeds and all the whole spices until fragrant and then make a fine paste.
2) Make a paste of garlic, ginger and chillies.
3) Marinate mutton with salt and turmeric and leave it for 30... - 44.16
Sweet 'n Spicy Chicken Curry In A Hurry With Fragrant Basmati Rice
1) To prepare spicy rice, in the bottom of a medium saucepan toast coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds.
2) As the seeds splutter, add water and boil.
3) Prepare the rice as per directions or prepare plain rice as usual.
4) In a large, deep, nonstick... - 44.0959
Lima Beans Curry
Like most other legumes, Lima Beans are said to have properties that aid in lowering cholesterol, are high in dietary fiber and especally good for diabetic people as it prevents the blood-sugar level from rising after a meal. - 44.0784
This chops or gravy will go very well with paratta, plain white rice, any type of fried rice or with idly, dosai. Try it and enjoy. - 43.9247
1. In a medium skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© onion, green pepper and garlic.
2. Stir in broth, tomato sauce and soy sauce.
3. Add cayenne, oregano, and monosodium glutamate and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add shrimp and cook with occasional stirring... - 43.8938
Mutton Dopiaza is delicious dish made from mutton, curd and spice blend. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi. - 43.8653
Mutton Kofta Curry
Mutton Kofta Curry is delicious dish made from mutton, curd and spice blend. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi. - 43.7036
Coconut Eggplant Curry
Cut eggplant into 3 inch long pieces and soak them in warm salty water for 10 mins. Drain and pat dry.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a skillet and fry the eggplant until they turn slightly soft and change color. Drain excess oil on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
Grind... - 43.4235
Spicy Pomfret Curry
1) Wash the fish nicely.
2) Soak tamarind in water and make pulp.
3) Make paste of all the remaining ingredients and coat the fish.
4) In a pan, heat some oil and shallow fry the fish. Add tamarind pulp and cook until the fish is... - 42.6298
Potato song is one of the famous dish among the konkani community in the southern part of Karnataka. Using coconut oil gives an added taste to this wonderful dish. You can serve this dish with any type of dosa or idli or as a side dish with rice along with... - 42.0372
Use this gravy with any boiled vegetables. - 41.6894
Heat 3 tbs oil in a pressure cooker vessel. Add shahijeera and allow them to sizzle. Add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon sticks.
Add chopped onions and turmeric powder and saute until onions begin become translucent.
Add green chillies, tomatoes, salt and... - 41.1269
Classic Spicy Curry Recipes By Category
Classic Spicy Curry Dish: