- » Classic Potato Soup
Classic Potato Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic potato soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic potato soup recipes.
Leek And Potato Soup Without Cream
This is a classic soup that's delicious, easy to make, super cheap and incredibly satisfying. Learn how to make leek and potato soup the fast and easy way with this fun video. It is rich and creamy without having any cream or milk in it! - 141.282
How To Make Classic Vichyssoise
If you are longing for a thick and creamy comfort soup, this recipe video of classic vichyssoise soup can help you out. This traditional French soup recipe is a thick combination of potato puree and heavy cream. This can even serve as a best side dish for any... - 134.774
Tasty Vichyssoise Soup With Bay Scallops
If you're fond of trying different types of soups, then you must try this one. The Chef makes Vichyssoise Soup with Bay Scallops. This is so amazing and easy to make. I'm sure your family and friends will enjoy it. - 134.531
Betty's Leek And Potato Soup
Betty Bannerman Busciglio, a cooking teacher and former caterer, shows how to make her favorite Leek and Potato soup... perfect for a chilly day. - 130.568
Mashed Potato Soup
The “comfort food” appeal of mash potatoes and the home-style simplicity of parsnips, rutabaga and kale make this delicious soup a Fall and Winter favorite. Serve it with whole grain bread for a cozy lunch or supper - 124.403
Onion-potato Miso Soup
Onion Potato Miso soup is a Japanese classic soup. This video has a simple but classic recipe on how to create an authentic version of this dish. - 120.886
Homemade Gnocchi In Chicken Soup
1. Chop the garlic and celery, shred the carrots and keep it aside separately.
2. Cut the chicken breast into small bites size pieces.
3. Poke the russet potatoes and cook in the microwave for 8 minutes, until they are soft and done.
4.... - 119.09
Classic Leek And Potato Soup
Is your meal incomplete without an appetizer? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Leslie demonstrates a step by step procedure to make her favorite Classic Leek and Potato Soup. Treat your family today to this European delight. - 117.076
Ham And Potato Soup
If you are fond of soups, this recipe is just meant for you. Ham and potato soup with cheese is a delicious soup which makes a nutritious appetizer and can be paired well with warm breads. Enjoy your winter evenings with your family sipping this awesome soup. - 115.841
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Here is an excellent baked potato chowder recipe which would be perfect for those cold nights. The chef here provides very clear instructions to make potato chowder combined with other veggies and cheese. A super economical dish which could be prepared in... - 114.02
Rich Cream Of Potato Soup With Bacon & Mushrooms
If I could, then I would keep sipping this soup all through the dreary Winter nights. This is a rich and creamy soup that is has several layers of different flavors! It. Richard says that this soup is economical and nutritious. Maybe, it is about time that... - 113.319
Bennigan’s Baked Potato Soup
1. In a sauce pan, combine ham and chicken bases and whisk until no lumps appear.
2. In a stockpot, melt 3 tablespoons margarine and sauté onions until transparent.
3. Add potato and pepper and stir until completely mixed.
4. Add chicken and ham... - 112.998
Chilled Potato And Leek Soup
1.Chop and peel potatoes,onion and leek.
2. In a stock pot or saucepan, melt the butter along with olive oil and heat. To that add onion,leek,thyme with salt and pepper. Saute until soft.
3.Now add potatoes and chicken stock to... - 112.438
Wild Leek And Potato Soup
1. In a pan, heat the butter or margarine and add the leek bulbs and saute.
2. Next, add the potatoes and vegetable stock and let this come to a boil.
3. Once the mix boils, simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
4. Next, add the leek leaves and... - 102.245
Classic Potato And Leek Soup
A nice soup with some Yukon gold potatoes and the freshness of the leek! Have a mug on those sultry days to swing your moods! Watch Steve do this lovely soup! - 84.8346
Onion Potato Soup
If you thought you can only make dishes from onion and potatoes, think again! This Onion Potato Soup makes for a winning combination as well. - 50.2913
Creamy Potato Soup
1. In a saucepan, fry the bacon till crispy and set aside.
2. Drain the bacon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in pan.
3. To bacon drippings, add chopped potatoes, onion, carrot, and celery.
4. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for... - 48.9656
Tomato Cream Soup Thickened With Potato
This dreamy Tomato Cream Soup is the best I have ever tasted! Use the freshest of vegetable available to get this delicious soup. It is an effortless Appetizer. Bookmark this Tomato Cream Soup page, otherwise you might regret your decision later. - 48.9333
Potato And Vegetables Soup
This combination of potatoes and vegetables makes Potato and Vegetables Soup, a much sought after soup. - 48.8497
1. Peel the potatoes for garnish and use a melon scoop to scoop out 32 small balls.If you do not have a scoop, dice the potatoes into equal sized cubes of 1 inch.
2. In a saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water until they are tender but not... - 48.3141
Oven Potato Sausage Lentil Stew
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rinse lentil and set aside.
3. Combine with potato sausage or Polish sausage, and carrots.
4. Add the 3 cups water; bring it to boil in a saucepan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30... - 47.951
Leek Onion And Potato Soup
1 Trim off the tops and roots of the leeks.
2 Discard the tough outer layer.
3 Split them in half length-ways and slice them finely.
4 Wash thoroughly and drain well.
5 In a large thick-based saucepan, gently melt the... - 47.5631
Bratwurst Potato Chowder
1. In a large saucepan combine together water and the potatoes from the scalloped potato mix; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and return to boiling.
4. Reduce heat; cover and... - 47.2402
Chilled Leek And Potato Soup
I am so thrilled to introduce this fabulous Chilled Leek And Potato Soup recipe to you. The blend of the incredible flavors is the secret to this delicious Soup and when served as an appetizer, it is sure to please your family members.What are you waiting... - 46.7211
Classic Potato Soup
Melt butter in a large saucepan.
Add onions and cook over medium heat until onions are transparent but not browned, about 4-5 minutes.
Add the potatoes, stirring well to coat with butter.
Continue cooking gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Heat the... - 46.5305
Greek Potato Soup
1) Collect the ingredients and the utensils required.
2) Wash and peel the potatoes, carrots and turpin and dice them.
2) In a large pan, heat butter with oil over moderate heat.... - 46.4096
Creamy Chicken-vegetable Chowder
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
2. Take a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, and mix in milk, broth, potato soup and chicken soup; blend well.
3. Put in all the leftover chowder ingredients except cheese; mix well. Cook over medium heat for 5... - 46.1711
Potato Cheese Soup
1. In a saucepan, combine 1 cup lightly salted water and bring it to boil.
2. Add potatoes and onion to the boiling water; cover and cook for about 20 minutes or till potatoes are tender.
3. Mash potatoes slightly with a spoon but do not drain.
4.... - 45.8317
Potato Tomato Soup
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the bread into cubes and place bread cubes on a baking tray.
3. Toast in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes; set aside.
4. In a saucepan combine and boil together potatoes, tomatoes, carrot,... - 45.2867
Carrot And Potato Soup
1. In a large saucepan melt butter. Add leeks and cook for several minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes, carrots, broth, salt, and pepper.
3. Boil the mixture, decrease heat and simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
4. Transfer the hot soup in blender or food... - 45.1692
Chicken And Potato Soup
1) Heat a pan and melt butter and oil.
2) Put in the onion and garlic and sauté until soft but do not brown.
3) Using a knife, chop the chicken into small pieces. Put it in the pan, cook until lightly golden.
4) Now, put in the mushrooms and stir fry... - 45.1342
Supper Potato Soup
1. Prepare the leeks by cutting the coarse tops and root ends.
2. Then finely chop the green ends to make 1/4 cup and keep aside.
3. Take the remaining leeks and chop them coarsely.
4. In large kettle saute leeks and onion in butter or margarine 8 to... - 44.9757
Potato Bacon Soup
1. Place bacon in a 2-quart casserole.
2. Cover and microwave at HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes until brown.
3. Drain out and add potatoes, celery, onions, water, and pepper.
4. Cover and microwave at HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes stirring after every 5... - 44.825
1) Rinse the potatoes, peel and slice them.
2) To the potatoes, add the water and seasoned stock base.
3) Bring the contents to a boil and cook till the potatoes are very soft.
4) Through a fine sieve, force the potatoes or puree them in a blender.... - 44.7752
Healthy Vichyssoise Soup
1) Take a 1-quart saucepan and heat margarine in it until bubbly.
2) SautÃ© potato, leeks, salt, and pepper in it over medium heat, until leeks are soft.
3) Pour in broth and allow the mixture to come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
4) Lower heat... - 44.2147
1. Clean the clean leeks or onions. Halve lengthwise and cut into thin slices.
2. In a pan heat butter. Add leeks or onions and cook until light colour.
3. Add potatoes, salt, and chicken broth.
4. Cook mixture over simmering heat for 35... - 44.0639
Cold Yogurt Vichyssoise
1. In a soup pot, combine the vegetables and the broth.
2. Place pan on a medium low flame and simmer the vegetables for about 45 minutes until very tender.
3. Let cool slightly.
4. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, turn the vegetables and the... - 43.9285
Potato And Leek Soup
Melt 14 cup butter in large saucepan and add leeks and onions.
Cook gently, stirring, 5 minutes.
Do not brown.
Add potatoes, water, 3 tsp salt and pepper.
Cover and cook over moderate heat about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Rub mixture through a... - 43.9194
1. Peel the potatoes after washing them. Chop them coarsely.
2. Slice the onion and celery thinly.
3. Heat a saucepan and melt the margarine. Lightly fry the vegetables until the margarine gets absorbed.
4. Pour in stock. Add... - 43.8932
Consomme Flavored Vichyssoise Soup
1. Finely chop leeks and onions
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
3. Saute the onion and leeks until soft.
4. Add potatoes, consomme and salt stir well.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. Reduce flame, cover the pan and simmer for 35 minutes... - 43.6652
Chunky Fish And Potato Soup
1. In a large saucepan heat chicken broth to boiling, reduce to a simmer
2. Add fish and cook 10 minutes per inch, measured at it's thickest point
3. Set pan off the heat and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes then lift fish out of broton with a... - 43.1892
Melt dripping in a large heavy saucepan.
Add potato, onion and celery.
Put lid on pan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
Heat stock until boiling, add to vegetables with bouquet garni.
Simmer gently for about 30 minutes, until... - 43.1626
Potato Bacon Chowder
1. In a large cook bacon, heavy-based saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes until golden and crisp, remove from pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. In the empty pan melt butter and cook onions, celery and thyme over a low heat for 4-5... - 42.9548
Sort lentils, discarding any foreign material.
Rinse well and drain.
Place lentils, water, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaf, cumin, garlic, and cayenne pepper in a heavy soup pot.
Cook for 45 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Add lemon juice, stir,... - 42.4852
1) In a large saucepan, combine the potato, leeks, water, salt and pepper to taste.
2) Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 45 minutes or until vegetables are very soft.
3) Puree the mixture in a blender or press through a... - 42.3584
1. In a large saucepan, boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes until very tender.
2. Drain thoroughly and when cool enough to handle, peel.
3. Add to a bowl and mash with a potato masher or back of a large spoon. Set... - 42.3113
You can vary this Potato Soup as per your taste, like adding a few more vegetables to it while cooking. - 42.2006
Leek And Potato Soup
1) In a covered saucepan, cook vegetables for 30 minutes (cooking time is 5 minutes under pressure) in salted water with oil until soft.
2) Allow to cool a little and then with a wooden spoon, strain through a strainer or through a vegetable grater or... - 42.0763
Salmon Potato Chowder
1. In a saucepan blend the milk into the cream of potato soup.
2. Add the frozen peas and bring the mixture to boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4. Add salmon, shredded cheese, salt, and pepper.
5. Cook, stirring gently, till... - 42.0405
Subtle Potato Potage
1) In a Dutch oven, boil together the leeks, potatoes, salt and water.
2) Simmer the ingredients in low heat for an hour.
3) Take out from the heat.
4) Mash the ingredients in liquid.
5) Let the mashed vegetable mixture cool down.
6) Add parsley... - 41.4548
Cliff Richard's Leek And Potato Soup
1) In a large frying pan, melt the butter.
2) Fry the onions and potatoes in butter for a few minutes.
3) Add the herbs, stock and leeks.
4) Gently simmer till the potatoes are cooked.
5) Let the soup cool for about 10 minutes.
6) Add the yogurt, mix... - 41.4117
Watercress And Potato Soup
In a pan, cook the shallots and thyme gently in the butter until softened but not coloured.
Tie the watercress stalks together with string, then put in the pan.
Add potatoes and stir to combine.
Add the boiling stock and cook aggressively until the potatoes... - 40.6624
Leek And Potato Soup
1) Heat a pan and melt butter and oil. Put in the leeks and potato.
2) Close with lid and let it braise for 6 minutes.
3) Pour in chicken stock.
4) Let it come to a boil. Lower heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes until leeks are cooked.
5) Remove... - 40.0625
Cream Of Potato Soup
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
2) Add the flour, salt and white pepper and blend well.
3) Add the milk all at once and quickly cook the mixture, constantly stirring, till it is thick and bubbly.
4) Add the pimiento and potatoes and... - 40.0162
Cream Of Sorrel Soup
1.In a pan, pour chciken broth and cook until boil.
2.Put potatoe sin the pan and allow them to cook for 15 minutes.
3.Put sorrel in the pan and cook for 19 more minutes.
4.Once done, blend the ingredints well and heat again.
5.Put salt and pepper as... - 39.0595
1) In a slow cooker, combine together all the ingredients except for the chives and milk.
2) Cover the cooker and cook over low heat for 10 to 12 hours. Alternatively, the preparation can also be cooked over high heat for 3 to 4 hours. During the final... - 38.847
1) Using a vegetable shredder, shred lettuce.
2) Heat a pan and melt butter. Put in the lettuce, onion and potato.
3) Sauté lightly without browning. This will take about 5 minutes.
4) Pour in milk, stock and wine, let it come to a boil, stirring... - 38.5806
Yummy Leek And Potato Soup
1. Clean the leeks and chop into small pieces. Saute together with the sliced garlic in the butter.
2. Peel and slice the potatoes and add with the stock before the leeks begin to brown. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
3. Add the... - 38.1257
Potage Au Cresson
1. Melt half the butter in a heavy pan, add the leeks and watercress stalks and fry gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the stock and potatoes, and salt and pepper to taste, then bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3.... - 37.9884
Cream Of Corn-potato Soup
In a blender, combine 1 cup milk (reserve other cup), and corn, potatoes, onion, mustard, garlic, honey and cayenne pepper.
Process until corn and potato are coarsely pureed.
Pour into a saucepan.
Add remaining 1 cup milk and dry milk and bring just to... - 37.8668
Bacon And Potato Soup
Fry bacon until crisp.
Remove from pan and crumble.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
Add diced potatoes and onions to fat.
Cover with water and cook until done.
Add crumbled bacon, cubed eggs, scalded milk and seasonings.
This is a quick... - 37.7316
Parsley Potato Soup
1. Chop the onion and celery and saute in the butter or oil over a gentle heat for 10 minutes, using a pan with a closely fitting lid. Stir occasionally to prevent browning.
2. Add the stock, herbs, bayleaf and seasoning but save a little parsley for later.... - 37.0354
Classic Leek And Potato Soup
Trim leeks, leaving about 2 inches of green portion.
Cut lengthwise halfway through white portion.
Spread leeks apart; rinse well under cold running water.
Slice thinly by hand or in food processor.
In a large saucepan combine leeks, chicken stock, potatoes... - 36.9499
Potato Soup Florentine Style
1) In a slow cooker, add the potatoes, onion, ham hock or ham, broth, mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; cook covered on LOW for 7-8 hrs or until the potatoes are soft; remove the ham hock from the cooker, chop the meat and discard the fat and the ... - 36.9319
Clam Potato Chowder
1) Take a 4-cup measure and collect soup in it.
2) Into a soup can, drain clam juice, keeping aside the minced clams.
3) Make the can full with milk.
4) Mix this with soup and heat in microwave for 5 minutes on Medium, stirring once.
5)... - 35.8594
Red Pepper Vichyssoise
Saute leeks in hot butter until soft.
Add potatoes and stock; simmer partially covered until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
Puree soup; add cream.
Season to taste. - 35.3797
Cheesy Potato Chowder
1. Combine water, potatoes, celery and carrot in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir... - 34.8932
1) In a saucepan add Potato Soup Base.
2) Thin with bouillon or stock.
3) Add flaked tuna and heat thoroughly.
4) Serve hot. - 30.8987
Mom's Potato Soup
1. In a saucepan barely cover potatoes with water and boil until tender.
2. Mash the potatoes and add bacon along with chopped onion, milk and seasonings.
3. Simmer and serve. - 30.8724
Miso Soup With Potato And Leek
1. Peel potatoes. Slice into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 1/2-cm) slices. Rinse starch from potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Drain.
2. Cut leeks into 1-inch (2 1/2-cm) lengths.
3. Cook potatoes in stock over medium-high heat. When... - 30.7001
Classic Leek And Potato Soup
Wash the leeks very thoroughly and discard the tough part of the green tops.
Cut in thin slices and and again rinse, draining well.
Cook in the butter until soft.
Add diced potatoes, water or chicken broth, and simmer for 40 minutes.
Add cream and salt and... - 30.4909
Savory Potato & Roasted Garlic Soup
In 3-quart saucepan, cook bacon; remove and crumble. Reserve drippings. Add potatoes, onion, bell pepper, celery, thyme and black pepper to reserved drippings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in chicken... - 29.3921
Chunky Potato Soup
COOK bacon in Dutch oven or large saucepan on medium heat until crisp, stirring frequently. Drain bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in Dutch oven. Set bacon aside.
ADD leek to reserved drippings; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth, milk... - 28.9677
Potato Soup Base For Chowder
1) In a saucepan pour bouillon or stock.
2) Add diced potatoes and bring to a boil.
3) Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
4) Using a blender or food processor liquefy the mixture on high.
5) Serve immediately. - 26.8762
Ham & Potato Soup
http://HowToExpo.com For written direction and ingredients plus many more recipes visit http://howtoexpo.com/recipes/ham-and-potato-soup - 18.1001
Minty Petit Pois & Gammon Soup With Potato Croutons
1. Chop potatoes into cubes.
2. In a sauce pan, boil potatoes with butter cube.
3. In a pan, heat some oil and cook boiled potatoes, add onions and gammon. Add garlic and cook for a while.
4. In a bowl, combine onions, mint and peas.... - 0