Mediterranean Main Dish
- » Classic Mediterranean Main Dish
Classic Mediterranean Main Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic mediterranean main dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic mediterranean main dish recipes.
Chickpea And Vegetable Curry With Couscous
There is something so heartwarming and inviting about digging into a big bowl of vegetable curry. But instead of adding a couple of tablespoons of store-bought curry powder to the sauce, make your own homemade curry spice blend. This bowl of warm satisfying... - 141.206
Quick And Simple Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
If you aren't too fond of cabbage, these stuffed cabbage rolls will definitely convert you. Stuffed with s savory meat and rice filling, these cabbage rolls are perfect for healthy and light dinner or snack. You can eat them as appetizer or cook them in a... - 135.965
Mediterranean Braised Chicken
Braising is a nice way to cook chicken. After you are done with the initial prepping all you need to do is let the meal cook itself! You will end up with a very tender, super flavorful dish. - 134.797
Eggs In Tomato Sauce
This is an amazing recipe of Eggs in Tomato Sauce. It's heavenly delicious and serves great as a meal. You can enjoy the dish with some white bread. So, do try it out. - 133.04
The veal roast with potatoes is a traditional holiday dish, to cook when you have free time or if you're looking for something special! - 129.606
Mediterranean Style Lamb Chop
Heart-healthy as well as delicious, this Mediterranean-style lamb chops recipe is a always a winner. After being marinated and braised, these lamb chops are so tender, juicy, and flavorful, you won’t want to cook them any other way. Check out this amazing... - 126.81
Hummus With Ground Beef And Pine Nuts
Hummus with meat is a variation of the traditional hummus dish that is usually served as a dip or spread. This dish is a bit more heartier than the traditional hummus and can actually be served as more of a meal with crispy pita bread and a nice salad. - 124.303
Mediterranean Kusa Mahshi
Here is an excellent video that shows how to prepare a Mediterranean kusa mahshi recipe at home. The chef makes this fantastic recipe with rice and meat stuffed squash or zucchini and flavored with mint and garlic. This video is simply awesome and worth... - 123.804
Kafta Bil Sanieh
This Middle Eastern dish consisting is like meatloaf served in a casserole. Made with flattened ground beef and topped with tomatoes, tomato sauce and potato slices, it is best enjoyed warm with rice and Greek yogurt on the side. - 123.116
Ok… anyone that knows me knows that I absolutely hate salmon. To me it’s way too fishy. BUT, this recipe will change your mind. My mom and I came up with this recipe after I brought home a huge chunk of feta from Greece (I’m pretty sure I snuck it in... - 122.779
Vegan Mujaddara Hamra
This is a great high-protein dish for vegetarians but is loved by non-vegetarians alike. It is very filling, high in fiber, iron and protein. It is so versatile because it can be served any time of the day and still be satisfying. Serve it with pita bread,... - 122.294
Couscous With Shrimp And Vegetables
This recipe video is a shout-out to all the couscous lovers out there! The couscous here is served with some spectacularly tasting shrimp and vegetables. Watch and learn excellent dish from this video. Enjoy! - 119.935
Pumpkin And Mixed Vegetable Stew
Pumpkin and mixed vegetable stew is a great way to eat all your required vegetable for a day in one helping. It looks vibrant with all the colors from different vegetables and tastes pleasant with the fish herbs and spices. Take a look at the video clip for... - 119.251
Delicious Garlic Fennel Flank Steak With Grilled Oranges
There is a distinct Mediterranean streak in this dish that you will absolutely enjoy. Watch Chef John as he makes this delicious Garlic Fennel Flank Steak with Grilled Oranges. The meat is perfect and it is the perfect party steak. Bon Appetit! - 119.164
Mediterranean Style Baked Chicken And Potatoes
Here's my new and super easy Mediterranean Chicken and Potatoes recipe, it's super easy and can be prepped ahead of time! Nothing is as satisfying as oven roasted chicken and potatoes, cooked topped with a very lemony, garlicky and spicy marinade. It make a... - 118.919
Mediterranean Chicken And Quince Casserole
Talking about marrying different flavors, this Mediterranean chicken and quince casserole recipe is an exquisite recipe. The chicken tastes nectarous, infused with the quince and when you eat a mouthful you feel like you bit into apiece of heaven. Check out... - 118.752
Palestinian musakha is a show stealer of Arabic family meals. It is a great combination of chicken and bread making it a complete meal. The exotic flavors of Palestinian olive oil and pine nuts make it a favorite of family gatherings. Watch the video for... - 118.238
Mediterranean Burgul Tomato Pilaf
Here is a video that displays a simple and delightful recipe for burgul tomato pilaf. The chef here presents this Burgul Tomato pilaf as an exotic Mediterranean main course meal. This recipe can also be made meatless as a variation. This recipe is indeed... - 118.229
Kefta Bi Tahini (casserole)
1. Preheat the oven to the required temperature.
2. Clean the potatoes slice them thickly and bake. Set aside.
3. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan with a dash of olive oil or butter.
4. In a bowl, put ground beef, onion, salt and seven... - 117.8
Hawaiian Grown Kitchen - Escabeche
FOR THE ESCABECHE SAUCE
1. In a pan, heat olive oil.
2. Add the tri colored peppers and onions.
3. Let it cook until they look translucent.
4. Add garlic and cook until it gets browned.
5. Pour in the mix of white wine and clam juice.
6. Add oregano... - 117.341
Mediterranean Style Meat And Okra Stew
Step by Step Bamiya or Bamya (Meat and Okra Stew) recipe on how to make great Mediterranean Diet Recipes. This one is a classic Mediterranean style okra dish. - 116.591
Cooked lentils are popular all over the Middle East and form the basis of many dishes. Mujaddara is a popular Levantine dish, and may be served on its own or with other vegetables and side dishes: it is equally good hot and cold. This dish is a main staple of... - 116.006
Meat Stuffed Zucchini
Fond of Mediterranean food? This video is a must watch for you. The chef shares a classic recipe to prepare these delicious meat stuffed zucchinis. Do not give it a miss. - 115.508
Herb Crusted Tuna Steaks
1. In a small bowl take rosemary and thyme. Mix.
2. Place tuna steak on a plate and apply a thin layer of Dijon mustard on top.
3. Sprinkle rosemary and thyme mixture on it. Keep it aside.
4. Place a non-stick skillet on medium high heat... - 115.127
Mustard Dill Marinated Flank Steak
1. For marinade, in a large mixing bowl, combine together mustard, honey, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and oil. Mix it together with a whisk.
2. Add dill, whisk and bring them together.
3. Now, put flank steak in a zip... - 113.498
Mediterranean Braised Poussin With Polenta Recipe
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the chicken. Drizzle olive oil and coat it evenly.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
3. Place a pan on heat, and sear chicken in it. Shake to avoid chicken from sticking at the bottom of the pan.... - 113.464
Baked Chicken With Fennel And Tangy Tomatoes
Elegant in its simplicity, this chicken is a worthy dish to master. This naked chicken dish makes the perfect simple supper. The aromatic anise flavor of fennel, and its juicy bite, caramelized around the edges by the heat of the oven — ah, it's delicious. - 113.391
An eggplant dish that you can enjoy hot or cold on any type of day. - 113.072
Couscous With Chicken, Artichokes And Sun-dried Tomatoes
1. In a pan bring chicken broth and water to boil. Add couscous to it. Stir and turn off the heat. Cover it with lid and allow it to sit for 5-8 minutes to bloom.
2. Discard the skin and cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces.
3. Drain sun-dried... - 110.451
Savoury Lamb Shanks
Lamb shanks make a delicious, nutritious and hearty meal which can be savoured at any time of the year. Learn how to fry them well and season with chef Belucci in this interesting recipe video. - 110.246
Chicken Spanakopita Puffs
Chicken Spanakopita Puffs is a beautiful Mediterranean affair. Watch and learn how to make them from this video. Enjoy! - 109.59
The Quesadilla is one the classic Mexican dishes that you'll absolutely love. With the help of this recipe video, there is no way that you can go wrong. The recipe is simplified here. Watch and learn folks. Enjoy! - 108.297
Green Lip Mussels In Tomato And Seafood Sauce
Have you ever heard of green lip mussels? These mussels are a variety of mussels which is found in New Zealand. Chef Belucci shows how to cook these mussels in tomato and seafood sauce in order to make a wholesome main course meal. - 108.009
Stuffed Veal Filet Rolls
Veal fillets make an awesome treat and if it is a stuffed rolled veal fillet, it brings joy to eating. Watch the video to see how the chef makes this interesting dish which is healthy and at the same time oh so delicious! - 107.901
Moussaka is a classic dish of Middle East. There are different variations for making this classy dish. It is primarily made with eggplant often baked in the oven. Try this recipe and impress your friends and family members with your cooking skill. - 107.69
1. Slice the aubergines and sprinkle salt over it and keep it aside for 30 minute. This will remove all the bitter juice from the aubergines.
2. In a sauce heat the olive oil and add garlic and onions. Saute till it becomes translucent.... - 101.959
1. Mix red onion, tomato, cucumber, calamata olive, coriander leaves, salt to taste, olive oil and vinegar and leave on the counter for 15 - 20 minutes.
2. Serve with pita bread slices and Tuscan hummus.
3. Apply the hummus on the pita slices,... - 101.903
Delicious Pepper Pork With Pomegranate Molasses
Robin shows us an excellent way to use the pomegranates. She makes a beautiful Mediterranean inspired dish here. Watch and learn how to make this Pan-fried Pepper-Crusted Pork Medallions drizzled with Pomegranate Molasses from this video. Enjoy! - 100.136
Roasted Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Nothing brings out the flavour of shrimp like roasting them in garlic and lemon! Give these shrimp a try over pasta or rice, add them to your favourite sauce recipe, or serve them as is for an appetizer! - 98.5733
Creamy Chicken Alfredo
Do you think that cooking chicken alferado at home is nearly impossible? Then you should take a look at this video where the chef shows how to make rich creamy chicken alferado with an ultimate Mediterranean twist. Definitely a great comfort food, which your... - 98.3525
Mediterranean Roast Turkey
Serena shows you how to flavor a turkey with the Mediterranean condiments and then carve the turkey ready to be served! Want to know more, then check out this video for more! - 95.6664
Jamie's 15 Minute Meals "lamb Meatballs"
Barry was kindly asked by Jamie Oliver's team to try recipes from his new 15 Minute Meals Book - this recipe attempt looks at Lamb Meatballs with a chopped salad and Harissa Yoghurt. - 90.1681
Chicken Kebabs Over Couscous With Hummus And Salad
Expecting guests at home and running short of time? This recipe will come as a savior. Watch the chef prepare these Chicken Kebabs Over Couscous with Hummus and Salad. This is a complete meal that never fails to impress. You will certainly love it. - 80.7921
Filling And Closing Beef Tortellini
Chef Kamal has a classic Lebanese cuisine for all of you. Check out the video of the delicious Filling and Closing Beef Tortellini. A great main dish which can be served to your guests. A dish which leaves a good impression on everyone. - 80.1412
Paella is a robust dish of various seafood, meats and vegetables in various combinations, but always with Saffran flavouring and adding a lovely fragrance and colour to the rice. hat to drink with paella: With a seafood paella, try a Freixnet Cava, or... - 49.5899
Its a classical Spanish preparation of rice with seafood. - 49.3998
Parmesan & Herb Stuffed Eggplant
1) Half the eggplant lengthwise and scoop put the pulp. Dice it.
2) Keep the shells aside.
3) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
4) In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil.
5) Add the onions and sautÃ© for about 5... - 48.8142
Lebanese Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine
Lebanese Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine, is an amalgam of subtle flavors. A wondrous stew of vegetables with chickpea which has fruit and vegetable flavors and nuttiness of almonds. - 48.7201
Sour Kubbas Iraqi
Make kubbas by putting flour, mince and salt into bowl and mixing to a stiff dough with water.
Knead hard till very soft.
For the filling, fry onions in ghee till brown, add mince and fry well, wet hands, fill mince into centre of dough and form... - 47.5634
Lentil And Brown Rice Soup
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan or stock pot, combine onion soup mix, water, lentils, rice, tomatoes, reserved liquid, carrot, celery, basil, oregano and thyme.
2. Place pot over medium flame.
3. Boil the mixture for a few minutes.
4. Reduce the... - 47.4842
Fried Trout With New Potatoes
1. Wash the trout thoroughly both inside and out.
2. Drain and pat dry on paper toweling.
3. Make the parsley butter by combine softened butter with parsley, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Blend well.
4. Chill until firm and ready to... - 47.338
Persian Chicken Pilau
1) Slice the onions and chop the apricots.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and 1 oz butter.
3) When foaming, fry chicken pieces until golden brown.
4) Take out chicken from oil and allow to cool.
5) In the same oil, cook onion- until... - 47.2903
Spaghetti And Meat Sauce
1) In an uncovered Dutch oven boil water. Cook spaghetti, cooking oil and salt in it for about 11 to 13 minutes.
2) To prepare Spaghetti Meat Sauce, in frying pan heat cooking oil, stir fry ground beef and onion until brown.
3) In a large saucepan add... - 47.1563
Chicken Rolled In Grape Leaves
1. In a medium saucepan,
2. Combine the stock, peas, mint, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper bring it to boil. Cover, reduce flame and simmer for 45 minutes or until the peas are soft.
3. In the meantime, toss the... - 47.0774
Mediterranean Vegetarian Lasagna
For the sauce, saute onion in olive oil until soft.
Add garlic and celery and saute 3 more minutes.
Add tomatoes and simmer until very soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
Add Sauvignon Blanc, stock, basil, oregano, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, and sugar.
Add salt and... - 47.0248
Mediterranean Broccoli And Carrot
Place water in 2-cup measure.
Microwave at High for 2 to 5 minutes, or until water boils.
Place bulgur in small mixing bowl.
Add boiling water.
Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to soften.
Drain and press out excess moisture.
In 1 1/2-quart... - 46.9354
Dolmades Cabbage Rolls Stuffed With Rice
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) To make the stuffing, chop and onion along with all the mushrooms.
3) Fry them in the oil and after a few minutes, stir in the nuts, rice and seasonings.
4) Remove from the heat and add... - 46.6334
Haricot Of Lamb
1. In a dish, soak beans overnight in water or quick-soak.
2. Drain excess water.
3. Take a large pot and out beans in it.
4. Cover the beans in pot with water.
5. Insert cloves halfway into onion.
6. Add to beans in pot.
7. Add the... - 46.432
Christmas Turbot Salad With Green Olives
1. Wash and clean the turbot.
2. Slice the fish in 3/4 inch thick slices.
3. In a saucepan, bring salted water to a rapid boil.
4. Pour in milk.
5. Gently add the fish slices to the liquid.
6. Reduce heat to low and simmer the fish... - 46.4096
Herb & Nut Stuffed Aubergines
1) Preheat oven to moderate temperature before baking.
2) Slice aubergines into two pieces lengthwise and with a knife point, run round the edge, just inside the skin.
3) Make slits across in many places and add salt and keep aside for 30... - 46.3917
Sliced Turkey In Chestnut Sauce
1) Chop onions and carrots.
2) Cook in melted butter until tender, about 10 minutes.
3) Then brown gently.
4) Add flour. When blended, add tomato puree and stock.
5) A little sherry or wine can be added in place of some of the... - 46.1983
Grilled Chicken Breasts And Herbed Eggplant With Thyme Cream Sauce
1) In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, half the oil, and the soy sauce, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
2) Pound or bruise the herbs lightly to release their oils, and mix into the marinade. Let stand, covered, 3 to 4... - 46.0508
Lamb Chops With Orange And Lemon
1. trim the chops and nick the edges off
2. Peel and crush garlic cloves
3. For the marinade, in a shallow glass dish, mix together three tablespoons of the oil, crushed garlic and a sprinkling each of salt and pepper
4. Add the chops... - 45.9704
Lamb And Prunes With Almonds Sweet Meat
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine lamb and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine rest of the ingredients (apart from prunes) and mix well. Keep aside.
3. In a heavy bottomed casserole pot, melt butter.
4. When... - 45.9594
Leg Of Lamb With Lemon Bay Marinade
1.In a large shallow, nonaluminum dish or bowl mix together olive oil, lemon juice and lemon slices, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, coriander seeds, and salt.
2.Add in lamb and coat well.
3.Refrigerate covered for 12-24 hours, turning the lamb... - 45.9044
Roast Chicken With Almond And Pistachio Sauce
1. Preheat the oven for 300 degree F
2. Season and truss the chickens as for a roast.
3. Arrange the chickens in a roasting pan.
4. Chop the nuts finely using a cleaver or coarsely grind in a food processor. They should not be ground to finely... - 45.8837
Lamb With Lemons And Olives
1. In a heavy bottomed 12 inch skillet, place olive oil, ginger powder, salt and saffron. Mix well.
2. Add lamb and coat well with this mixture.
3. Add garlic, onions, lemons and coriander.
4. Add 3 cups of water and almost cover the lamb in that... - 45.7809
1. Prepare veal forcemeat. Prepare and slice onion.
2. Using the knife, trim the fat off meat if necessary. Cut the meat into thin slices, cutting across the grain. The slices should be about 1/4 inch thick, 3 inch wide and 4 inch long.
3. Evenly apply... - 45.719
Lamb With Potatoes And Lima Beans
1) Blanch, peel and chop tomatoes.
2) Chop bacon.
3) Peel and slice onions.
4) Peel and crush garlic.
5) Peel and slice the potatoes.
6) Blanch beans in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain.
7) In a flameproof casserole, heat oil and... - 45.6713
Mediterranean Duck And Two Bean Pasta
1) Take a large bowl and place the duck in it.
2) Allow a pot of salted water to come to a boil and cook the haricots verts for about 3 minutes in it until just soft.
3) Drain the haricots under cold water and dry gently.
4) Mix this with the duck... - 45.6366
Mediterranean Lamb With Couscous
Place onion and olive oil in 5-qt casserole.
Microwave at High 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients except water, bouillon granules and couscous; cover.
Microwave at High 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave 1 to 1 1/4... - 45.6208
1. In a bowl, mix the lamb and garlic with salt and pepper.
2. Take a 10-inch heavy non-stick skillet and brush the olive oil evenly over the bottom of it.
3. Heat the skillet until it is almost smoking.
4. Add the prepared lamb to the... - 45.5906
Chilled Chicken Couscous With Lime
1. To make the dressing, in a small glass bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the lime juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Stir in half the scallions and set the bowl aside.
3. Place a heavy-bottomed skillet or casserole on the stove... - 45.3395
Meat With Courgettes And Chickpeas
1) In a non-stick pan, heat butter or oil and saute onions, garlic cloves until golden.
2) Stir in the meat cubes until browned all over to seal in the juices.
3) Pour in the tomato concentrate.
4) Mix in the chickpeas, and add water to... - 45.2881
Fish From The Aegean Sea
1. Pre heat the oven by setting it to 425°F.
2. Take a baking dish and butter it well.
3. Arrange the potatoes, onions and tomatoes in thin layers in that order.
4. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and dot them with butter.
5.... - 45.2662
Lamb Shanks Divine
1.Make a mixture of flour seasoned with Season All, pepper and MSG.
2.Roll the shanks in the prepared mixture.
3.Heat shortening and cook the shanks in it until brown.
4.Make a mixture of minced onion, garlic salt, sage leaves, oregano... - 45.2405
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions, then drain noodles well
3. Arrange 4 noodles in a 9"x13" baking dish
4. In a large saucepan, cook onions in butter until tender then blend in cream... - 45.2288
Braised Shoulder Of Lamb
1) In a bowl take cold water and put dried apricots in it. Soak overnight.
2) Drain out and chop finely.
3) Preheat oven at 450°F
4) Coarsely chop carrots, celery, turnips, and onions.
5) To prepare the stuffing, in a skillet melt... - 45.1624
Grilled Beef Gyros
In a blender or food processor, place the onion, garlic, sugar, mustard, ginger, pepper and cayenne; cover and process until onion is finely chopped.
Add soy sauce and water; process until blended.
Place the beef in a large re sealable plastic bag.
Add... - 45.1491
Classic Lamb Ragout
1) Dredge the lamb cubes thoroughly with flour.
2) In a large heavy kettle or pot, brown the lamb cubes in shortening.
3) Stir in the tomato soup, water, salt, pepper, garlic, and caraway seed.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour; stirring... - 45.0915
Cherkes Tavagu From Turkey
1) In an electric blender, grind the 4 oz walnuts. Half the remaining walnuts.
2) Make thick slices of onions and carrots. ... - 44.8258
1) Slice the squid body into 1/2-inch dimension. Keep it aside.
2) Use a large skillet to heat olive oil.
3) Sauté onion and garlic, until the onion is tender.
4) Add squid and remaining ingredients.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil.
6)... - 44.7986
A Special Seafood Dinner
1. Break greens into salad bowl. Wash cherry tomatoes; cut in half; add to greens. Refrigerate until serving.
2. Preheat oven to 425F.
3. Arrange the potato puffs on cookie sheet.
4. Wrap croissants loosely in foil.
5. In a medium... - 44.693
Fluke With Lemon Sauce
1) In the egg white, drop the fish fillet and then drop it into the bread crumbs. Coat both sides of the fillet evenly. Repeat the process with the remaining fillets. Ensure that all the breadcrumbs and egg white have been used up.
2) Heat the oil in a... - 44.653
1) Heat the oil in a 12-inch deep skillet.
2) Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and sautÃ© over moderate-high heat, occasionally stirring, till the onion is tender (1 to 2 minutes).
3) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the fish,... - 44.6458
Slice the beef into thin strips against the grain.
Put the strips in a ceramic dish.
Whisk together all the marinade ingredients, pour over the beef and stir to coat thoroughly.
Set aside for about 30 minutes.
Preheat a wok.
Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, swirl... - 44.6311
Roasted Leg Of Lamb With Oyster Sauce
1) Take the leg of lamb and clean it well.
2) With the help of mortar and pestle, pound all herbs and spices .
3) Now add oyster sauce and oil.
4) Stir well and use as a marinade.
5) Using a small knife,pierce the lamb .
6) Ladle marinade into... - 44.6266
Rock Cornish Hens With Olives
1) Skin onion and chop.
2) Skin carrot and chop.
3) Deseed green pepper and chop.
4) Trim and chop celery.
5) Truss birds.
6) Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet and sauté the vegetables over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring... - 44.3958
Roasted Squash And Lentils With Harissa Dressing
1. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas
2. Slicing the top and bottom off the squash, peel the skin and halve.
3. Remove the seeds after quartering the bulbs and slice the sections into wedges.
4. Cut halves out of the remaining cylindrical trunks... - 44.3881
Mediterranean Lamb Shank
1) Clean the lamb shanks after washing them.
2) Combine flour with rosemary, thyme and black pepper.
3) Dry lamb and dredge with seasoned flour.
4) Finely chop celery, carrot, onion and tomatoes.
5) Cook the lamb on high heat in hot... - 44.3687
Chicken In Milk
1. Wash the chickens in a colander, and pat dry on a kitchen towel.
2. Using a cleaver or meat knife, joint each chicken into ten curry pieces.
3. In a small bowl, make a marinade mixture of all the spice powders, salt and ginger.
4. Rub this... - 44.3054