- » Classic Meat Soup
Classic Meat Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic meat soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic meat soup recipes.
Chinese Soup Dumplings
Join me and the Aimless Cook (aka MrJingJong) as we make these ultra delectable Chinese soup dumplings! - 108.196
Guyanese Style Soup
If the weather is pretty chill out there, then you might wanna make this Guyanese Style Soup. This soup is an winter essential. It has a lot of Caribbean flavors going in there. You might just find this soup very toothsome. Watch and learn from this video.... - 98.6758
Have turtle meat cut into 1-inch cubes.
Put meat with 3 quarts water in kettle and bring to boil; simmer for 10 minutes.
Strain, reserving broth.
Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in kettle.
Add turtle meat and brown on all sides.
Remove meat and add remaining... - 48.478
Chicken Gumbo Soup
Trying hard to appease your craving for a wonderful dish? Specially made to appease your taste-buds, this Chicken Gumbo Soup uses some of the best liked combintaions of ingredients. Follow this easy and simple recipe to make Chicken Gumbo Soup on your own. - 48.3727
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 47.5208
Hearty Meatball Soup
In a bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
Crumble meat over mixture and mix well.
Shape into 1-in balls.
In a soup kettle, bring broth to a boil.
Carefully add the meatballs.
Add the tomato juice, tomatoes, vegetables, rice and basil.
Cover... - 47.496
Kharia Ni Jelly
Wash trotters well.
Rub with rice flour and two limes, to remove any smell.
Place trotters in a pan with four litres water and whole spices.
Bring to boil.
Lower heat, cover pan and simmer for 1-2 hours till trotters are soft and the bones... - 47.0599
Kidney And Bean Curd Soup
1. Clean the kidney by peeling the thin outer membrane of the kidney
2. Use a sharp cleaver or knife to slice the kidneys in half while retaining the overall shape of the kidney. Remove any small knobs of fat as well as any other tough coverings... - 46.9751
Hearty Oxtail Soup
Cut oxtail into joints.
Chop onion and saute in hot fat until golden.
Add oxtail pieces and brown slowly.
Add carrots and ham.
When mixture browns, add thyme, parsley, bay leaf, cloves, and garlic, all chopped very fine.
Continue to brown; stir in flour.
Add... - 46.4947
1) In a deep saucepan, mix together the water, meat and the bones
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, skimming the scum on the top
3) Add in the beets, onion, garlic and the salt
4) Place the lid on the saucepan, and cook over a medium flame for about 2... - 46.3973
1. In a large saucepan, heat in butter or margarine and cook the chopped celery and onion till tender but not brown.
2. Blend in cornstarch, dry mustard, oregano, beef broth, beer, basil, thyme, and garlic powder; cook till mixture is thick and bubbly,... - 46.2156
Clean turtle and bone.
Boil in water with bay leaves until meat is tender.
Brown flour in oil, this is the roux.
Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery.
When these vegetables are blended, add tomato sauce, Worcestershire and lemon slices.
Put... - 46.1983
1) In a large bowl add meat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper.
2) Divide and make into 1-inch balls.
3) In a large skillet, heat 1-tablespoon milk-free margarine.
4) Add meatballs and brown for about 10 minutes.
5) Transfer on paper towels to... - 45.9182
Rassolnik S Yachmenem
1) In a pot of water, cook the barley for about 1 hour. Drain the barley and reserve the cooking liquid.
2) In a deep kettle, add in the consomme, potatoes and chicken broth. Cook till the potatoes are cooked midway through.
3) In a... - 45.8679
Flemish Chicken In Lemon Cream Soup
1) In a heavy 8- to 10-quart pot Combine the fowl, giblets, beef, veal shank and water.
2) Let it come to a boil over high heat. Using a spoon, skim the scum and foam as they rise to the surface.
3) Put in the onions, celery, leeks, carrots and salt,... - 45.8144
Soak the kidney in cold salted water for 1 to 2 hours.
Drain and slice.
Melt the dripping and when hot fry the kidney briskly for a minute or so, then add the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle in the flour, stir and cook slowly until flour is pale... - 45.4329
1. In a pan bring water to a boil and plunge in tomatoes, allowing them to blanch for about 5 minutes until soft.
2. Drain, refesh and cool. and press through a strainer.
3. Press softened tomatoes through a fine mesh strainer, collecting the... - 45.3144
1) Place a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the veal or lamb in oil till the meat is light brown in all sides.
2) Remove the meat to a slow cooker.
3) To the skillet, add the carrot, onion, turnip and curry powder.
4) Saute the ingredients in... - 45.1668
1. In a saucepan cover meat with water. Cook over simmering heat for about 3 hours until rich broth forms.
2. Stir occasionally.
3. Discard bone and skim the scum.
4. In a bowl mix beets with lemon juice. Add onions, allspice, bay leaf, parsley and... - 44.8772
1. Cut oxtail between joints.
2. Char to remove hairs. Wash and dry.
3. Dredge the meat with flour.
4. In soup kettle heat fat and brown on all sides.
5. Pour water and add salt, pepper, bay leaf and parsley.
6. Boil for 10 minutes.
7.... - 44.6176
Oxtails A La Bourgeoisie
Have oxtails cut up.
Brown with onion in hot butter.
Add ham, carrots, and turnip.
Cook until lightly browned.
Add remaining ingredients except peas.
Cover and simmer over low heat for about 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
Add peas and reheat... - 44.0205
Beef Stew With Turnips (beef Bourguignonne)
Turnips have a delicately sweet flavor when young, but as they mature they lose their sweetness and become woody. Therefore, it is best to buy them when they are at their peak, between November and February. The greens, which are edible, should be bright... - 43.6267
Classic Beef Minestrone Soup
In slow-cooking pot, combine beef with water, onion, salt, thyme, parsley, pepper, and tomatoes.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
Remove beef bones; cut up meat and return to pot.
Turn control to high.
Add zucchini, beans, cabbage, and macaroni.
Cover... - 42.6193
Meat Split Pea Soup
1) In a saucepan, add the water and peas
2) Bring the water to a boil and cook for an hour on a low flame
3) Add in the flank, bones, salt, pepper, carrots and the onions
4) Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook on a low heat for 2 hours till the... - 42.5774
Beef Barley Soup
A garnish of sour cream and chopped dill gives this hearty soup a Russian flavor. Serve with dark rye bread for a complete meal. - 42.4267
Gulyasleves Goulash Soup
Slice the meats then shred.
Heat the butter and oil together in a large sauce pan.
Add the vegetables and saute until tender.
Sprinkle with flour and cook 5 minutes or until the flour caramelizes.
Stir in the tomatoes and stock.
Add the meats and simmer... - 42.0786
Remove any excess fat from tail.
Heat dripping in a large frying pan and in it fry the pieces of meat until browned on all sides, then transfer to a large saucepan.
Meanwhile, prepare and slice the vegetables and fry gently in the same dripping until golden... - 41.6892
1) In a soup kettle, add all the ingredients leaving the sherry.
2) Place the soup kettle over heat and bring the contents to a boil.
3) Cover with a lid and reduce heat to low to simmer for around 3 hours or until the meat is soft.
4) Add sherry, when... - 41.2032
Cut tripe into strips 3/4 inch wide.
Put all ingredients except hominy and lemon juice in a large pot and simmer for 6 hours, or until tripe is tender, adding more water if necessary.
Add hominy, and heat.
Add lemon juice and serve in soup dishes, with... - 40.0263
Sausage & Swiss Chard Soup
Brimming with andouille sausage, Swiss chard and white beans, this hearty soup is the perfect cool-weather dish. - 40.0109
Ham Bone Soup
This Ham Bone Soup recipe is my favorite. I am a professional chef and my friends really enjoy the dish I cook. Whenever there is a gathering of my friends at my home, most of the time they ask me to cook this delicious soup. You should try this Ham Bone Soup... - 39.3976
Pea And Salami Soup
1. In a large, heavy-based saucepan Place split peas in water and set aside to stand overnight.
2. To the pan add bacon bones with peas, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours until soup thickens.
3. Stirring in onion, celery leaves... - 39.3069
Soup Bone Stock
1) In a saucepan, place all ingredients and cover with water.
2) Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
3) Skim the fat and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 hours.
4) Place a strainer over a bowl to strain the stock.
5) Return the stock... - 38.7061
1) Take a heavy saucepan or Dutch oven and heat fat in it. Add meat and cook until brown.
2) Add onions and continue cooking until brown.
3) Add paprika, salt and pepper.
4) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1/2 hour.
5) Add tomato sauce and green... - 38.3551
Abalone Soup From China
Mix the cornstarch with the soy sauce and sherry.
Pour over the abalone slices and allow to marinate for 30 minutes, turning from time to time.
Place the chicken stock in a pan and bring to the boil.
Add the abalone slices plus the marinade and simmer for 2... - 38.1344
Beat the eggs with the egg yolks, add the broth and seasonings.
Divide into three bowls.
Blend the carrot puree into one, asparagus into the second and tomato in the third.
Pour into three small pans, set into a large pan half filled with hot water and bake... - 37.6742
Matzo Ball Soup
1. In a saucepan boil the chicken broth.
2. Add carrots and reduce the heat; simmer, uncovered and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Drop chilled Matzo Ball dough with the help of a rounded tablespoon into the simmering broth, making about 8 balls.
4.... - 37.1044
Slow Cooker Minestrone
1. In slow cooker stir all ingredients except cheese well and cook with cover on Low for 10-12 hours or on High 4-5 hours.
2. To serve, using Parmesan cheese top individual servings. - 36.8267
In a mixing bowl combine the meat, onion, seasonings, egg white and cream.
Press through a fine sieve and roll into small balls.
Bring 2 cups (500 ml) of the broth to a boil, drop the balls in the broth, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove the... - 36.5673
Manhattan Clam Chowder
1. Saute bacon with onion, carrots and celery in large saucepan.
2. Stir in undrained tomatoes with remaining ingredients, except clams. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; boil gently, uncovered, 15 minutes. Stir in clams and juice.
3. Heat additional 5 minutes.... - 36.1021
Super Soup Stock
1) In a 7 quart pressure canner, add the bones soup meat, onions, peppercorns and garlic, cover with cold water.
2) Cover the pressure canner and bring up the steam, exhaust air, close valve when the pressure reaches 15 pounds.
3) Adjust the heat to... - 34.9917
Basic Brown Soup Stock
Tell your butcher that you need bare rendering bones.
They should not have any meat on them at all, so they should be cheap.
Have him saw them up into 2-inch pieces.
Roast the bones in an uncovered pan at 400° for 2 hours.
Be careful with this, because your... - 31.732
Asparagus And Crab Meat Soup
Mix stock with the arrowroot, cook and stir till boiling and slightly thick, add in crab meat, asparagus and salt, bring to the boil, adding egg slowly, a little at a time and allowing to set before stirring.
Serve immediately with soya sauce, chilli sauce... - 28.3604
Clam Bouillon Digby Pine
Heat clam bouillon and chicken bouillon together.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream and a sprinkling of chives.
Makes 4 servings. - 25.2385