- » Classic Lentil
Classic Lentil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic lentil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic lentil recipes.
Solar Cooked Lentil Soup
A warm bowl of soup to nestle for the lunch or dinner, is enough to keep you satiated and healthy! A video for those wanting the guidance on how to use a solar cooker! See the video for more. - 55.3759
Lou Snow S Spanish Lentil Soup
Heat oil in a very large frying pan or Dutch oven.
Stir in green pepper, onion, and garlic.
Cook until soft.
Sprinkle with flour, and stir.
Add remaining ingredients.
Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 hours.
Taste and correct seasonings. - 36.653
Spanish Rice And Lentil Pilaf
Conventional method: In saucepan, combine stock, lentils, rice, tomatoes and basil; bring to boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until lentils and rice are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Microwave method: In 12-cup (3 L)... - 30.2515
Combine all ingredients.
Cover and simmer until thoroughly heated. - 26.0628
You May Also Like!
Classic Lentil Pate
Rinse and drain lentils and rice. Place together in a medium-sized saucepan with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until water is absorbed and lentils and rice are cooked (about 45 minutes).
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, gently... - 27.518
Classic Lentil Vegetable Soup
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
Sauté onion, celery, carrot and potatoes until tender.
Add water, lentils, tomato sauce and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
Add water as necessary.
When lentils - 34.6079
Classic Curried Lentil Soup
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion, curry powder and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in tomato paste (puree) and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, add lentils, cover and simmer for 30... - 29.9504
Greek Lentil Salad
If you are inspired by Greek cuisine, here is an authentic Greek salad which definitely should not be missed. Prepared by combining the goodness of green lentils, yellow beet, cheese and spices, this salad is less time consuming and involves minimal cooking.... - 149.743
Red Lentil Soup
If you love Middle Eastern flavors, you will love this Red Lentil Soup. Watch this video to learn this simple and soup that pleases everyone with its smooth and creamy texture and mild flavor. - 83.3364
Classic Rajma Masala
1 Wash the Rajma beans thoroughly.
2 In a large bowl, add rajma beans with a large pinch of soda-bi-carb and water.
3 Let soak overnight.
4 In a pan, transfer the rajma along with the water in which it was soaked.
5 Boil until... - 44.3182
Indian Black Lentil Soup
Vegetarians can stop complaining now. We have one helluva soup here! The Black Lentil Soup is a healthy, tasty and flavorsome Indian dish. It can be eaten as a soup or as a stew with several side dishes. Watch and learn this recipe from this video. Enjoy! - 120.267
Cream Of Lentil Soup
1) Soak lentils overnight.
2)In a pan add lentils, bacon, chopped onion, carrot and stock or water.
3)Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 hours ,adding seasoning thyme or parsley into it.
3. Prepare thin sauce of butter,flour,milk and add ... - 45.1254
Cream Of Lentil Soup
1. Tuck cloves halfway into onion.
2. Take a pot and add lentils, water, ham bone, celery with leaves, carrot and potato and boil the mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for next 2 ½ hours until the lentils are soft.
3. Take out ham bones and... - 40.6358
Lentil And Vegetable Soup
1. In a slow-cooking pot or crock pot, combine all the ingredients.
2. Give a good stir to mix well.
3. Cover pot with its lid
4. Allow the beans and vegetables to cook on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours or if you have ample time and are in not hurry, cook on... - 43.0399
Braised Ham Hock Lentil Soup
Those looking for an easy, comforting winter soup, watch Chef John’s version of simple lentil soup braised with smoked ham hock. Its definitely more than just a lentil soup. If you’re new to soup making, this is a great one to start with since it’s... - 94.5863
Puree Of Lentil Soup
Put the lentils into a large saucepan with the stock and bring to a boil, skimming off any scum as it rises.
Add the onion, carrot, bouquet garni, seasoning and bacon and simmer gently, covered, for 1 hour.
Take the pan off the heat and remove and discard the... - 39.2167
Red Lentil Soup
1. Peel the tomato by placing in boiling water for half a minute. Slice and fry the onion, tomato and garlic in the vegetable oil and when soft add the stock and lentils.
2. Chop the celery finely, including the leaves, and add to the soup with the parsley,... - 36.0081
Classic Lentil Recipes By Category