- » Classic Holiday Fry Rice
Classic Holiday Fry Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic holiday fry rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic holiday fry rice recipes.
Egg Fried Rice
Cook 1 cup rice separately either in a rice cooker or pressure cooker/open vessel on the stove.
Add Oil in a saucepan, when hot, add mustard seeds & wait until they splutter, then add cumin or jeera. Add cloves & cinnamon sticks. To this, add ginger garlic... - 41.6061
Chinese Chicken Fried Rice
Cook rice separately & cool it in a mesh bowl or a large pan. Keep aside.
Cut chicken breasts into thin cubes. Marinade with salt, pepper & juice of lime for 15 minutes. Spray a non-stick cooking spray on a pan or use 1 tbs of olive oil & fry the chicken... - 42.6314
Tengul Making Made Easier
If you are looking for a nice crispy salty snack to munch on while you sip on your evening cup of coffee or tea, try these. Watch the video to learn an easy way to make tengul. It is very similar to murukku. This is delicious hot and crunchy on a rainy day. - 70.3354
Coconut rice is a tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!! - 43.7591
Are you looking for simple way to make Masala Rice? This recipe is perfect for you. Masala Rice is a delicious Indian dish. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. It goes well with any Indian Curry. You should try this Masala Rice... - 44.9762
1) In a wok or deep fry pan, pour 1.5 cup oil to heat up.
2) Use a strainer to partly fill with rice flakes. Place the strainer inside the hot oil for deep frying the rice flakes, until they turn puffy.
3) Repeat the above process to complete with all... - 46.767
Aapam ( Dosa ) Making Made Easier
If you are looking for healthy and wholesome breakfast ideas, try making these aapams. Are they dosas? No, these Kerala style aapams are like dosas but are so light and fluffy that you can eat a plate full of them. This video shows how to make authentic... - 83.0565
Potato slices are fried, sprinkled with salt and pepper and roasted beneath steamed Long-Grain Rice. This Rice dish is full of aroma and the use of butter enriches the taste. Also placing the potato slices in the bottom of the vessel helps them to roast in... - 36.9177
Kai Suthu Murukku
Murukku is typically made from a mixture of urad and rice flour, salt, and flavourings such as chilli, asafoetida, ajawain, or cumin.
As Diwali is coming nearer everybody is busy planning what are the sweets and savouries that could be made.
Here is another... - 43.2343
This is a tasty Caribbean dish using chicken, curry and rice all cooked together. It is an easy, one-pot meal sure to please the entire family - 39.637
Curry-mustard Rice Salad
This Curry Mustard Rice Salad recipe is the favorite of my wife. Whenever there is a gathering or celebrations at my home, her emphasis on cooking this side dish. It is delicious and liked by all. You will love this Curry Mustard Rice Salad Recipe. - 43.2653
Wash Basmati Rice and keep aside. Heat 1 tsp ghee is a small skillet. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms and saute for a few seconds and add this to the Rice. Add 4 cups water and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
Cook Rice either on... - 42.8527
Are you looking for simple way to make Shahi Biryani? This recipe is perfect for you. This is a classic recipe. Shahi Biryani is a very popular Indian dish. It is a delicious main dish from Mughlai Cuisine. Shahi Biryani goes well with chicken korma, but it... - 55.4056
A combination of mutton and rice which is famous in Kashmir. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi also. - 49.632
Wild Brown Rice
This Wild Brown Rice recipe is simple and easy.This Wild Brown Rice recipe is the favorite of my friend’s wife. Whenever I visit his house, she definitely serves this Wild Brown Rice . Really this dish is delicious. My friend says that he likes his wife due... - 36.7088
Rice With Seeds And Spices
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the spices and garlic for about 1 minute, stirring all the time.
2. Add the rice and stock, bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender.
3. Stir in the yogurt and the toasted sunflower... - 36.3978
Crispy Quick Potato Fry
This potato fry can be very quickly made. Spicy potatoes stir fried tastily. Enjoy!! - 41.2686
Mix rice and consomme in heavy, covered saucepan and simmmer for 20 minutes.
Add a little water if rice starts to cook dry.
Good with sweet and sour dishes and barbeque. - 25.1756
Leftover Rice And Peas
Combine all these ingredients and top with cheddar cheese.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. - 32.3201
Sesame Beef Stir Fry
In small bowl, blend all sauce ingredients with wire whisk; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat until hot.
Add beef; stir fry until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Remove from skillet; keep warm.
In same... - 42.9909
IOne of the simple and tasty dals. Goes very well with any Indian flat bread or rice. - 40.6581
"A hot Indian recipe. Perfect when served with fragrant basmati rice." - 34.9539
Shrimp Fried Thai Noodles
This is very popular Thai dish, good for lunch, supper or anytime you crave something exotic with a little tang. - 38.6979
Tendle Bibbe Upkari (tindora Cashew Fry)
This is one of the famous Mangalorean curries. This recipe is usually prepared during hindu new year, the season when tender cashew nuts are available in the markets. This recipe is common in the konkani weddings or any other functions. Cashew nuts can be... - 40.0427
Amy's Spicy Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce
1. Blend water, vinegar, peanut butter, red pepper, sesami oil, butter and tamari. Keep it aside.
2. Prepare the rest of ingredients for stir frying.
3. Boil water and cook noodles.
4. In a deep frying pan add 1/4 cup sesame oil and heat. Add tofu,... - 46.5112
Skillet Lamb And Rice
1) Using a knife, trim off the fat of the chops
2) Into a frying pan, saute the chops till browned
3) Using a slotted spoon, remove the chops and reserve about 1 tablespoon of the fat in the frying pan
4) Add in the rice and raisins and saute till... - 41.8112
Wash Basmati Rice & keep aside.
Heat butter/margarine in a fry pan. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, onions, green chillies & saute until onions turn brownish. Add cumin seeds & saute for another 10 seconds.
Add Basmati Rice & mix well.
Add 5 cups... - 32.3335
1. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour. Drain the water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add all the spices. Saute till nice aroma comes out (About 10 seconds).
3. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
4. add 3 cups of water and salt.
5. When it comes to a boil... - 37.0682
Chicken Stew With Rice
1) In a slow cooker, mix together celery, carrots and rice.
2) Mix in the chicken, water and salt with the celery mixture.
3) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
4) Stir in the peas before last 10 minutes of cooking.
5) Take the chicken out... - 42.4241
Lamb Kofta With Rice, Labneh And Fattoush
The Lamb kofta served with Calcutta rice and Mediterranean salad is a true gastronomic adventure. Cooked in a combination of spices and ingredients , the dish is a great way to indulge in absolutely divine tastes and flavors. - 52.4702
Boil the eggs with a tsp of salt, slit them in sides and keep aside.
In a big heavy bottomed non stick pan por oil and ghee, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves, somph, mint leaves and then onion, green chillies and fry for 2 mins.
Now add 1 tsp... - 43.1937
This recipe doesn't need a side dish. Just potato chips will be nice. This dish is really tasty. Try it. - 46.4904
1. Mix all the powders (clove, cinnamon, cardamom and coriander) and keep it aside.
2. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add the onions. Fry on a medium heat till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
5. Now... - 50.2087
Stir Fried Pork With Mushrooms And Broccoli
1 Cook rice with 2 1/4 cups of water as directed on the package,without butter and salt.
2 In a small bowl put cornstarch and gradually stir in teriyaki marinade with 1/2 cup of water and ginger.
3 In a 12-inch nonstick skillet or... - 44.0554
Sweet And Sour Meat Balls
1) Mix together the ground beef with a teaspoon of salt and pepper
2) Using the hands shape the beef into 24 balls
3) In a bowl, mix together the egg, flour and remaining salt
4) Dip the balls into the batter and coat well.
5) In a skillet, heat the... - 44.4909
My family loves this Shahi Khichdi recipe. Shahi Khichdi is a unique Indian dish . It is generally eaten during lunch or dinner as main dish. Shahi Khichdi goes well with chole, but it can also be eaten with rajma. It is a good option for holiday cooking. You... - 50.4075
Peel and devein shrimp.
In a tea cup, mix 1 tablespoon warm water, the chopped parsley, turmeric, garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon salt, the lemon juice, and green chili.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat.
Pour in the contents of... - 47.5808
Place the lamb with all the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine thoroughly.
Cover and let marinate for at least an hour.
Heat the oil in a wok or pan over medium heat and fry the sliced onions until golden brown and crisp.
Remove with a slotted... - 47.8242
Hyderabadi Murg Biryani
Wash Chicken and cut them into large cubes. Puree Mint and Cilantro into a paste.
Marinade Chicken in yogurt, pureed mint & cilantro, ginger garlic paste, dhaniya powder, garam masala powder, juice of lime, salt and chilly powder for about 7 - 8 hours (I... - 52.6749
My friend, who is a professional chef at a famous five star hotel, gave me this mushroom pulao recipe. Mushroom Pulao is a delicious Indian pulao .It is a very popular wedding dish in India. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu . It... - 54.4196
Hot Dog Jambalaya
1. In a large frying pan, melt butter or margarine . Add and saute frankfurters and rice stirring often, until rice is golden.
2. Add in tomatoes, water and garlic salt; stir well. Keep turkey on top; cover the pan.
3. Allow it to simmer, stirring... - 38.0128
1. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan and fry the rice and turmeric over a low heat for about 1 minute.
2. Add the pepper, onion, courgettes, and mushrooms. Stir in the stock and orange juice. Bring to the boil.
3. Reduce the heat and add the fish. Cover... - 36.7209
Dolmas With Chard Leaves
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Trim tough stalks from the chard leaves.
3) Cut through the central rib that extend into the leaf without cutting the leaves in half.
2) In a shallow pan put pine nuts and toast them for approximately... - 44.7654
Dosa Green Chutney
Dosa Green chutney is a very easy, tasty and quick dish for an ideal indian style breakfast. Try and enjoy!! - 46.6759
This okra roast is a very tasty snack. Simple with okra in onion and cashew crispy bites are a definite try. Enjoy!!! - 49.8634
Raw Mango Chicken Curry
This recipe is about the combination of raw mango and chicken which really tastes delicious. - 49.752
Thai Coconut Chicken
1. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine water and rice. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the chicken and curry powder, and toss to coat.
3. Coat a large nonstick skillet with... - 35.8111
Spicy Garlic Shrimp
This recipe kicks! The flavor is just as daring as you are, heady from the generous use of garlic and a touch of red pepper. - 31.0271
1. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Cut into strips 1/2" wide by 3" long.
2. Stir soy sauce, rice wine, chicken stock, sweetener, ginger, and garlic together. Place chicken in marinade, turning to coat. Marinate at least one hour, turning chicken after half... - 38.5037
Trout Filets With Crabmeat Sauce
Chef Scott is going back to where his forte is and making a very traditional Southern Louisiana style dish that is Supreme of Trout with Crabmeat Sauce. This recipe was first developed by a restaurant which no longer exists but thankfully Scott has it with a... - 123.229
Add 4 cups of sugar and water in a pan and heat.
Make it boil and simmer till a medium consistency is reached.
Take the syrup off the fire and allow it to cool.
Next, mix the besan and 1 1/2 cup of water.
Also, mix the powdered rice and the bicarbonate... - 44.126
Indian Vegetable 65
Kids usually turn away from home cooked versions of vegetable, but this dish is sure to appeal to even the most fussy eaters. Chef Sanjay Thumma shows us the vegetarian version of the much loved chicken 65. Kids are surely going to love these crispy batter... - 106.135
Goan Pomfret Fish Curry
Goan Pomfret Fish Curry, is a traditional curry from the western region of India. Not only is this dish famous in Goa, but it has travelled a long way since the time the Portuguese left their colony in India, Goan Fish curry is a very popular dish in the... - 53.1011
Thai Crab Rolls
Moderately spiced crab meat rolled into Thai spring roll sheets before quickly 'pan' deep-fried and dipped into a magical, tangy dipping sauce. - 40.0064
Piroshki Ravioli Russian Style
1) In a large bowl, combine the yeast, water and sugar, then allow to stand for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the flour, salt and egg, then mix to form a soft dough, add more flour or water if required.
3) Work the the soft dough with hands for a few minutes,... - 47.1689
Carrot And Palak Curry
In a pan add oil.
when it is hot put jeera,allow to splutter.
Then add onion,green chillies and fry till brown colour.
Now add palak and fry till they become soft.
Now add grated carrot and fry till they are cooked.
Add salt and mix it nicely,and cook for... - 44.9833
Brinjal Methi And Aloo Sabzi
In a pan add oil,when it is hot add mustard seeds.
When it starts to splutter add onion and fry till golden brown.
Then add methi leaves,ginger and garlic paste and fry till it turns soft.
Now add brinjal,aloo,tomato,water and allow themto cook and tomato... - 46.4798
Sliced Roast Duck With Broccoli
1. Take out as many bones of the duck as possible and stirfry the duck meat in a wok of hot oil for a minute
2. Add the blanched broccoli to it, along with ginger and seasoning and stir till every piece is well coated
3. When it begins to thicken a... - 39.3845
Wash poha twice and drain.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter add urad dal and fry till light golden.
Now add the curry leaves and saute for 10 seconds.
Now add the onions and turmeric powder and saute till onions turn to light... - 48.5649
1. Soak 1 cup of urad dal in enough water for a minimum of 4 hours, set this aside.
2. In a pan, dry roast 1 tablespoon of urad dal and 1 teaspoon of rice, let cool and grind into a powder.
3. Grind the soaked urad along with... - 98.718
1. Heat 1 tsp oil and fry the coriander seeds till golden brown.
2. Grind coconut, dry red chillies, tamarind paste and salt coarsely.
3. Now add the fried coriander seeds and grind again to a smooth paste. (Try to grind without adding water. If you want you... - 44.7652
In a pan fry dry fish adding 3tsp of oil nicely till raw smell goes.
Then put inside cold water and wash nicely and and keep aside.
In a pan add oil,when it is hot put onion,mashed garlic and fry till golden brown.
Then add boiled surti... - 45.8154
1) Prepare the prawn paste first.
2) Peel the prawns, discarding heads, tails and shells.
3) Remove intestinal tract.
4) Process prawns in a blender for a few seconds with the diced pork fat.
5) Add all other prawn paste ingredients and process... - 44.7295
My friends love this Pork Cutlet Recipe. Pork Cutlet is a crispy non-vegetarian snack. It is generally eaten during breakfast or evening snack time. Pork Cutlet goes well with mirchi ka salan, but it can also be eaten with tomato sause. It is a good option... - 38.1648
My grand mother used to make this Gatta Curry whenever I visited her. This reminds me of sweet memories of childhood. This is a traditional Gatta Curry Recipe.
Gatta Curry is a very delicious Indian curry. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and... - 44.3822
Thai Style Shrimp
"A dish made in half an hour! Plump shrimp are sauteed quickly and then simmered in coconut milk infused with garlic and ginger. Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli for a luscious quick dinner." - 41.3795
Curried Coconut Chicken
"Curried chicken simmered in coconut milk and tomatoes makes for a mouthwatering hint of the tropics! Goes great with rice and vegetables." - 39.3954
Spicy Badami Gosth cooked with cashew nuts and serve with hot rice or Yakhni pulao. - 50.2111
Indian Crab Dry Curry
This Crab dry curry is a spicy and mouth-watering dish. All my family members love this dish very much. Try and enjoy! - 47.1998
Egg Spicy Roast
This Egg roast is a very spicy and tasty dish to be tried and enjoyed! - 48.4395
Beef Bulgogi (korean Beef)
Yes, I know that there are several versions of the Korean Beef Bulogi, but I like this one in the video the best. If you like that sort of nutty, earthy flavors of the seasame, then you'll love dish. How you well done you want your meat, totally depends on... - 111.033
Chicken Thighs In Pom Teriyaki
Are you looking out for a simple and delightful recipe with chicken thighs? Here is an amazing video that shows how the chicken thighs are flavored and cooked with a pomegranate teriyaki sauce. The video is very impressive and surely be a wonderful cooking... - 91.9206
Wash shrimp well and marinade with tamarind paste, salt, garam masala powder, turmeric powder and chilly powder. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Dry Roast coriander seeds, peppercorns, fenugreek, dry red chillies and grind them well along with shredded... - 35.2699
A tasty & simple rice dish to make when you are running out of time. - 35.1217
This Sel Roti tastes so very delicious ! A disc-like bread specially made for Tihar, a Nepalese hindu festival, this Sel Roti in its wide variety of irresistible flavors is a popular dessert item. Do try this and let me know if you like it ! - 30.0912
Rehu Fish Curry
Rehu fish cooked in red chili and spicy sauce. Especially great with basmati rice. - 40.5793
My family loves this Khichdi Recipe .Khichdi is a unique Indian dish. It is also known as khichdee ,khichadi ,khichuri, and khichadi. Khichdi is an Indian dish that contains a combination of rice and lentils .It is generally eaten during illness period as it... - 40.6709
De-tail, wash & clean shrimp well.
Blend & puree tomatoes, cilantro, mint, yogurt, cashews, green chillies in a blender into a smooth paste. Marinade shrimp in this paste for at least 2 hours.
Heat 3 tbs oil & 2 tsps ghee in a deep skillet. Add Bay... - 37.0874
Ginger prawns/shrimp is a spicy Indo-Chinese dish. It is one of my favorite Shrimp dishes and tastes awesome when served with Steamed Rice or any Indian Flat Bread. - 43.1777
Drain the rice and put into a saucepan with the water.
Bring to the boil, stir in the salt and the butter.
Allow to boil steadily for a minute.
Place the lid on the saucepan and simmer for 12-15 minutes. Do not lift the lid during this time.
Remove the pan... - 45.2687
1. In a large frying pan heat oil over a medium heat and cook chicken and pork stirring, for 3 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove from pan and set aside.
3. To the pan add onions, red or green pepper and salami and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes... - 47.2469
These are sweet rice flour dumplings. They are very delicate and tender. - 48.9483
Cabbage Kofta Curry
Would you like to try Cabbage Kofta Curry at home? This Cabbage Kofta Curry recipe is just the way it is prepared in Indian homes. This is a traditional recipe from Mughlai Cuisine. Cabbage Kofta Curry is a very delicious Indian curry . It is included as a... - 50.3682
My friends love this Prawns Curry Recipe. I try this Prawns Curry recipe whenever friends visit my home. Prawns Curry is a very delicious Indian curry. It is generally eaten during Christmas. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu.... - 39.4962
Mint Paneer Curry
Blend tomatoes, garam masala powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, curds, green chillies, coriander powder(dhaniya) and mint leaves into a fine puree.
Add oil is a saucepan, add mustard, jeera and onions and fry until golden brown.
Add the blended... - 38.6791
Almond Lamb Pilau
1. In frying pan heat oil over a medium heat and cook onion and garlic stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
2. Adding lamb cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until lamb is brown on all sides.
3. Add curry powder, coriander, cumin,... - 45.8274
There are many variations to this recipe. You can substitute lobiya with Rajma or white beans or black beans. And you can also substitute potatoes with spinach or Chinese spinach. - 45.3078
Matar Paneer Masala
One of the tasty preparations with Paneer, goes well wth rice or roti. - 49.6299
Steamed Duck With Eight Wonders
1) In a large pot boil water and add duck into it. Boil for 10 minutes.
2) Remove from water, drain and pat dry.
3) In a bowl soak glutinous rice in cold water for 6 hours.
4) Drain in colander and keep in a perforated plate or rack covered with a... - 44.2239
Spicy Sour Thai Fish Soup
This Thai Fish Soup is a delicious spicy sour soup fit, for kings and queens and ideal to grace the table at any Thai banquet. Watch the video clip to get tips on how to make this authentic Thai soup with Chef Khwanjai. Thai Fish Soup, comes in many varieties... - 106.033
Bamboo Shoot Curry
1. Apply salt to bamboo shoots and keep it aside for about 30 minutes. Squeeze out the water.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
3. When they splutter add cut red chillies and fry for few seconds.
4. Add onion and fry till golden brown.
5. Add... - 33.5895
1. Wash jackfruit pices thoroughly (to remove the saltyness) and pressure cook for upto 2 whistles.
2. Mash the jackfruit coarsely.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry urad dal and coriander seeds till light brown.
4. Prepare the masala by grinding coconut,... - 46.4916