- » Classic Holiday American Candy
Classic Holiday American Candy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic holiday american candy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic holiday american candy recipes.
Classic Candied Yam
Candied yams is a simple recipe made out of the sweet potatoes. It has nice orangey flavor and a hint of other spices. The fresh candied yams are wonderful and leave a nice taste behind. Try this recipe if you thought, you did not like candied yams. So see... - 105.1
Creamy Marshmallow Peanut Candy
Lightly butter 8 inch round or square pan; set aside.
In large microwave safe bowl, combine peanut butter chips and oil; microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until chips are melted.
Stir until smooth.
Stir in frosting, marshmallows and peanuts until... - 33.4613
Classic Pumpkin Pie With Candied Pecan Topping
For crust, prepare according to instructions
Roll and press crust into 9-inch glass pie plate.
Do not bake.
Heat oven to 350° F.
For filling, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves in... - 45.4979
Cook the yams in boiling salted water to cover until barely tender.
Cool, peel, and cut into halves lengthwise.
Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
In a frying pan combine the sugar, water and butter.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the... - 39.7469
Pineapple Candied Sweet Potatoes
1) Cook the sweet potatoes till they are soft and then peel them.
2) Slice the sweet potatoes and put them in a slow cooker.
3) Combine together all the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture all over the sweet potatoes.
4) Cover the cooker and... - 35.3521
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Line cookie sheet with foil.
In medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, stirring constantly until smooth.
Remove from heat.
Stir in peanuts.
Spread on foil lined cookie sheet.
Refrigerate about 1 hour.
Break into... - 32.0378
Chocolate Candies And Flavored Vodka
1. For the Chocolate Candies: Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Add the mixed nuts and apricots and mix well.
3. Pour into tin or silicon molds and refrigerate for an hour.
4. For the flavored vodka- In a bottle, add the candy and vodka.
5. Put... - 0
Caramel And Candied Apples
Do you like your apples as well as your sweets? Then this recipe is just perfect for you! Caramel and Candied Apples uses two set of apples, one coated with caramel and the other with candy to get a sweet taste. This is an innovative dessert worth trying! - 90.1072
1. To make the crumble topping, in a small bowl, combine the SWEET 'N LOWÂ® Brown, butter and salt. Keep aside until required.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 ° F
3. Grease a 1 Â½-quart oven-to-table baking dish or casserole with... - 38.6847
Candy Cane Martini
If your having a party and need to concoct some interesting drinks for the guests, then this video will show you how to mix them up! Tim the mixologist shows how to correctly measure out each mixture and serve an elegant drink! See the video for more! - 102.558
Heat oven to 350°F.
Line miniature muffin pans with small ( 1 3/4 inch diameter) paper baking cups.* In large bowl, combine all ingredients, except chocolate candy kisses, as directed on package.
Place 1 teaspoon brownie batter in bottom of each paper lined... - 36.428
Sea Salt Caramel
Sweet and Salty is a great combinations so try out this recipe of a classic candy that is soft, dense and chewy with a hint of saltiness. - 38.7455
Cream butter with corn syrup and heavy cream until smooth; slowly add sugar, a little at a time, beating well after each addition and kneading in the last bit if necessary.
Work in vanilla.
Roll into 1" balls or use to stuff pitted dates, prunes, or dried... - 28.0082
Classic Candy Cane Coffee Cake
1 Combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt, and yeast in a bowl. Heat milk, butter, and water in saucepan to hot (120°-130°F).
2 Add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add eggs and enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured... - 43.4471
Mix sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of candy forms firm,... - 36.5001
Mix sugar, molasses, and water in a heavy saucepan, drop in butter, and insert candy thermometer.
Heat, stirring constantly, over moderately high heat until sugar dissolves, then cook, uncovered, without stirring to 270° F. or until a drop of the mixture... - 33.8606
Penuche is an American delicacy. Penuche is simply adored by kids. Penuche gets its taste from Evaporated milk flavored with vanilla. - 35.5428
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Strawberries contain a range of nutrients, with vitamin C being prominent. They can be eaten freely as they are very low in calories.
They are also filled with unusual phytonutrient called Phenols that promote your health.
Strawberries' unique phenol... - 38.1428
Walnut Chocolate Fudge
Fudge is a type of confectionery which is usually very sweet, extremely rich and sometimes flavored with cocoa. It is made by mixing sugar, butter, and milk and heating it to the soft-ball stage at 240 °F (116 °C), and then beating the mixture while it... - 44.8258
Fourth Of July Salad
Mix lime jello and chill only until congealed.
Mix together in top of double boiler the marshmallows, cream cheese, and orange jello (dry).
Heat until all has melted and is creamy.
Whip whipping cream; add pineapple (liquid and all).
Add this to... - 36.1092
Marianne Matt, of the PLCB, shows us how to make fun holiday cocktails - 117.359
Holiday Loaf Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 325F
2. Lightly grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan
3. Pour the cake mix into a bowl
4. Add the milk and blend the milk with the cake mix till it is completely mixed. Use an electric beater or mixer if required at... - 46.6603
Holiday Chocolate Clusters
1. In top of double boiler, combine chocolate pieces, com syrup and 1 tablespoon water. Over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate.
2. Remove from heat; add raisins and/ or nuts; mix well.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.... - 33.1076
Holiday Fruit Cake
1. Preheat oven to 325Â° F.
2. Grease 8-cup fluted tube pan with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle the pan with 2 teaspoons flour.
3. Tilt the pan to coat the pan evenly with the flour.
4. Turn over the pan on a sheet of wax paper to remove... - 48.3407
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Lightly grease and flour two cookie sheets.
3. In the small bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the eggs and beat till golden and foamy
4. Gradually add sugar to the same bowl and beat well again till the... - 46.3425
Dessert Cocktails With Vodka For The Holidays
As part of the Philadelphia Magazine Guide to Holiday Entertaining, Tommy George of Rouge restaurant in Philadelphia makes holiday martinis using Ketel One Vodka. This is part of a series of episodes recorded on location at the Miele showroom in Princeton,... - 119.623
Holiday Nut Cake
1. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter.
2. Grease a brown paper with butter and line it inside pan. Keep aside.
3. Pre-heat oven to 250° F.
4. With an electric blender, cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and... - 47.8875
Holiday Steamed Pudding
1. In a bowl cream together shortening, sugar and vanilla.
2. In a bowl beat egg yolk and add to creamed mixture.
3. Stir in dates, cherries and nuts.
4. In a bowl combine cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
5. Add alternately to fruit mixture with... - 48.617
Holiday Fruit Cake
1. Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, toss fruits and nuts with ¼ cup flour until well coated.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together remaining flour, salt, soda, baking powder and spices.
4. Grease and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf... - 47.7473
Prize Maple Cream Fudge
Mix the sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan.
Add the butter and light cream.
Stir to dissolve the sugar.
Bring to the boil.
Continue cooking without stirring until the mixture reaches the softball stage, 238 degrees.
Remove from the heat, and without... - 42.5416
Classic Easter Bread
To make yeast dough, stir 2 tea spoons sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
Let stand 5 minutes or until the surface is frothy.
Stir gently to moisten any dry particles rernaining on top.
Sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
Melt butter; cool... - 44.1417
1. In a heavy saucepan, add sugar, syrup, water and salt; mix well.
2. Over medium heat, cook stirring constantly, until mixture boils and sugar dissolves.
3. Put in the pecans; bring back to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture reaches... - 44.2089
Butter Nut Cruxchies
1. In a heavy saucepan, add sugar, butter, water, and salt; mix well.
2. Lat it come to a boil,; cook, stirring at intervals, until mixture reaches soft crack stage (285°).
3. Mix in in 1/2 cup walnuts.
4. Transfer the mixture into a buttered 15- x... - 40.3962
Nutty Chocolate Truffles
In small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
Stir in half of the powdered sugar; mix well.
Stir in sour cream; blend well.
Stir in remaining powdered sugar. (Mixture may look slightly curdled but will... - 31.5512
1. Sprinkle rum over the candied fruit and set aside.
2. Combine the gelatin with one-quarter cup sugar and the salt in the top of a double boiler. Gradually stir in the milk and cook over hot water, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved.
3. Gradually... - 38.9365
1 Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2 Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
3 In a bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
4 Create a well in the center and drop the eggs and oil into it.
5 Gently work into the flour, mixing... - 45.7103
Chocolate Cookie Pudding
Want to make a nice dessert to serve for a large crowd? If you got a specific function such as a church event or an event at your office get this dessert to serve! Watch the video to see Chef David make this! - 106.514
Easy Ice Cream Cake
Get an ice cream cake done for the kids to get their excitement going! A super easy dessert to whip up especially doing the holidays! Want to know how'd they feel once you make them? The try this recipe out, check the video out for more! - 99.9983
Old World Easter Bread
1. Heat milk with sugar, salt and butter or margarine in small saucepan; cool just until warm.
2. Sprinkle yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar into very warm water in medium-size bowl. ("Very warm" water should' feel comfortably warm when dropped! on wrist.) Stir... - 42.5239
Toss cereals, pretzels, peanuts, and candy together.
Osing a double boiler, melt white chocolate.
Toss with cereal mixture.
Spread on waxed paper until cool. - 30.4458
Betty's Traditional Southern Divinity
1. Place a small saucepan on low heat, add sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water in it. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook for 15 minutes or until the syrup reaches 248 degree F on a candy thermometer. Remove saucepan from heat and set it... - 107.135
Pineapple Charlotte Russe
1) In a bowl, add the jelly cubes, level up to 300 ml/1/2 pint/1 1/4 cups with boiling water and stir until dissolved.
2) Add the pineapple syrup and further level up to 450 ml/ 3/4 pint/2 cups with water, if needed.
3) In a wetted 600 ml/1 pint/2 1/2... - 43.4668
Fruited Applesauce Cake
Cream butter; add applesauce, mixing well.
Dissolve soda in sour milk; add to applesauce mixture.
Sift dry ingredients together; blend into applesauce mixture.
Dredge fruits and nuts with additional flour; add to batter, stirring well.
Turn into tube... - 41.0995
Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
Melt chocolate candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat.
In another small saucepan, repeat for vanilla candy coating.
Place toothpick in center of each marshmallow.
Dip half of... - 34.0722
Cinnamon Apple Rings
1) Core and slice the apples crosswise in 1/2-inch rings.
2) In a skillet, combine the cinnamon candies, sugar and 2 cups water together.
3) Stir and cook over a medium heat until the sugar and candies are dissolved.
4) Add the apple... - 35.2352
Dark Fruit Cake
1 Plump the raisins by washing the raisins then spreading out in a flat pan and cover.
2 Heat in 350°Fahrenheit oven until they become full and round.
3 Preheat the oven to 250°Fahrenheit.
4 Grease four 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4-inch... - 46.5574
Grandma's Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
Melt candy coating in small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat.
Place sandwich cracker on fork.
Dip into melted coating; gently remove coated sandwich cracker, letting excess coating drip from... - 27.6077
Peppermint Stick Dessert
In a small saucepan, combine crushed candy and half-and-half cream.
Cook over low heat until candy is melted, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute.
Stir into hot peppermint mixture until... - 40.3973
1. In a large 2-quart heavy saucepan, tip in the sugar and the cream and place over medium heat. Bring this mixture to the boil while stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Use a candy thermometer and the thermometer should register 228F or the... - 32.279
Norwegian Merry Christmas Bread
1. In a small saucepan, heat milk just until bubbles form around edge of pan; remove from heat. Add sugar, butter and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved and butter melted. Let cool to lukewarm (a drop on wrist won't feel warm).
2. If possible, check... - 48.385
Mamie Eisenhower S Fudge
Line a 13-in x 9-in x 2-in pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside.
In a large heatproof bowl, combine the candy bars, chocolate chips and marsh-mallow creme; set aside.
In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the... - 42.6081
Cream butter and sugars.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating until light after each addition.
Add grated lemon rind and flour.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
Spread thin with silver knife dipped into cold water.
Mix remaining ingredients and... - 44.3876
Dried Fruit Cake
1. Take a mixing bowl, add dates, candied fruits, pecans, macadamia nuts and raisins.
2. Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
3. Mix nuts and mixed fruits, vanilla and egg and mix well.
3. Take 2 baking dishes, long ones, prepare them and... - 48.996
Glazed Cherries And Nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. On a large baking pan about 9-by-9-by-l 3/4-inch in size, spread out the nuts and cherries and put them in the hot oven to warm through. Do not overheat.
3. Generously butter a 17-by-14-inch cookie sheet
4. In... - 38.4823
Caramel Walnut Roll
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and syrup.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Cook until syrup is thick.
4. Add butter, stirring to melt.
5. Slowly add evaporated milk so mixture continues to boil, stirring constantly.
6. Continue... - 43.4544
Try out the easy-to-make Nut Brittle. Enjoy the Nut Brittle at any party and let us know how you liked it! - 30.0776
Peppermint Chocolate Bark
Peppermints candies are good as themselves or when used into other confectionaries like chocolates. Check out Barbara and Dee showing how to make Peppermint Bark with chocolate and crushed peppermint candies. Good to please children! - 97.6809
Jeweled Pound Cake
1. Pre-heat oven at 325°.
2. Cut fruits.
3. Grease three 9 1/4x5 1/4 X2 ¾" loaf pans.
4. In each loaf pan, take 2 tblsp. syrup and sprinkle chopped fruits over it.
5. To prepare cake batter, in a bowl, take butter and beat it... - 48.7047
Caramel Cashew Cheesecake
In a bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Stir in cashews, confectioners' sugar and salt.
Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in up the sides of a greased 9-in spnngform pan.
Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack.
Reduce... - 48.7441
Family Fruit Cake
1. Let the oven heat to 325°F (170°C/Gas 3) and grease and line an 18 cm (7 in) round tin.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder and spices together.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the fat and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Put... - 46.5394
Christmas Fruit Cake
Put fruit in saucepan with peel, sugar, syrup, butter and 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
Turn into a bowl and cool.
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Sift flours, soda and spice three times, then add to fruit mixture.
Beat in eggs.
Place in... - 48.3806
Spiced Grape Jelly
1) In a saucepan, cook the grapes, cloves, cinnamon and vinegar together.
2) After the juice forms, boil only for 5 to 10 minutes.
3) Strain the juice with a milk filter pad in a wire strainer to get 4 1/2 cups juice.
4) Return the juice into the... - 39.7262
Easter Egg Bread
1. Scald milk in small saucepan over medium heat; remove from heat. Add sugar, butter, lard and salt; stir until butter and lard are melted. Let stand at room temperature until lukewarm, about 10 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over the warm water in small bowl;... - 44.1874
Old World Easter Bread
1. In a small saucepan, scald the milk, sugar, butter or margarine on medium heat. Remove from heat and cool till warm
2. In a medium bowl, pour moderately warm water and sprinkle yeast. Stir until fully dissolved. Add the above milk mixture... - 47.4659
Walnut Coffee Strip
In medium bowl, combine baking mix, milk and egg, stirring until soft dough is formed.
Knead lightly on floured board.
Roll out into 12x9-inch rectangle.
In small bowl, mix butter, sugar and cinnamon; spread over dough.
Sprinkle with candied fruits and... - 38.9837
In medium, heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients except walnuts.
Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
Cook over medium heat until 220Â°F registers on candy thermometer, about 3 minutes.
Stir in walnuts.
Store in covered container in... - 29.2608
Cinnamon Apple Sweets
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°c.
2) In 1-quart casserole add half of the potatoes.
3) Mix together applesauce and candies.
4) Spread half of the mixture over potatoes.
5) Repeat making potato and applesauce layers.
6) In a bowl mix sugar,... - 38.837
1) Take a large mixer bowl and mix together active dry yeast, 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour and cardamom.
2) Then, in a saucepan heat milk, shortening, sugar, and salt together until just warm. Keep stirring to melt shortening. Add this to dry... - 47.0468
1) Combine together all the ingredients in a large saucepan along with 1 cup of water.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil, constantly stirring, and then gently simmer, uncovered, over low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasaionlly.
3) Pack the chutney in... - 36.5914
Christmas Fruit Cake
With the festive season here, this Christmas fruitcake is just what I need to ring in the Christmas spirit. Time to put on those mittens and start with baking the Christmas goodies. Try it!! - 48.2513
1.Mix sour cream and mayonnaise and add parsely, chestnuts, ginger, garlic and soy sauce to it.
3.Serve the ginger dip along with chips or sesame crackers. - 30.2215
Grandma's Fruitcake Cookies: Cookie Jar
This is bound to make you nostalgic. This amazing video prepares old fashion fruitcake cookies with a real touch of childhood memories. These cookies have a wonderful fruity flavor with a slight warm feeling in the mouth. Its extremely addictive and very very... - 108.24
Jeweled Ham Glaze
In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes.
Remove from the heat.
Add candied fruit and mix well.
Spoon glaze over ham during the last 30 minutes of baking time. - 35.8728
Christmas Popcorn Balls
1. To pop popcorn: Heat oil in heavy, 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. To test temperature of pan, add 1 kernel of com; cover pan and shake often. When kernel pops, add 1/2 cup popcorn in a single layer; cover; shake pan often. Continue until all corn in... - 38.1782
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease well an 8-by-8-by-2-inch or 1 1/2-quart shallow oval baking dish.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain well.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine the noodles, margarine, grated apple, salt, pepper, eggs,... - 39.7176
1. In a bowl, mix red and green cherries, pecans and flaked coconut.
2. Dredge the fruit-cocnut mixture with 1/4 cup flour; set aside.
3. In a bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time; beat well... - 45.8129
Crispy Ghostly Chocolate Treats
Do you enjoy making kiddie treats? Here’s Kat showing you a Halloween special! Cute little ghosts that are simple to prepare and adorable to look at. Watch this video and I’m sure you will be smiling! - 141.154
Plum Pudding With Brandy Hard Sauce
1. Make Plum Pudding: In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat 1/4 cup butter and the granulated sugar until light. Add egg yolks, one at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. Add suet and molasses, and continue beating until... - 46.0417
Christmas Spiced Oranges
1. Wash oranges. Remove stems; cut an X at stem end of each orange. Pierce oranges all over with cake tester or metal skewer.
2. In large kettle, bring 6 quarts water to boiling. Add oranges; boil 15 minutes. Then plunge oranges into cold water; let stand 30... - 44.6669
Popcorn Cake Delight
1. Take a large bowl and put the popcorn in it. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, combine white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and vinegar.
3. Over medium heat, cook stirring frequently, until mixture reaches hard ball stage (260°).
4. Take... - 46.7892