- » Classic Gravy
Classic Gravy Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic gravy recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic gravy recipes.
Healthy Vegetable Soup
When you are tired and fatigued after a hectic day, you should go for something rejuvenating. This healthy vegetable soup serves that purpose with its delectable taste and flavor. Watch the video to learn how simple is the preparation process. - 116.207
Italian Sunday Gravy
If you are looking for great make ahead meal ideas for your Sunday dinner menu then you should certainly give this Sunday gravy a great preference. Here the chef has presented simple instructions to make delicious garlicky Sunday gravy with loads of meat,... - 116.068
Gorgeous Beef Gravy
A gorgeous beef gravy can be prepared along side of a proper beef dish. Use the pan drippings of the meat to cook up the gravy. Adding the spices, this gravy becomes really gorgeous to serve with your main dish. Follow the easy steps and cook it up. - 104.295
Thanksgiving Vegetable Gravy
If you have roasted the turkey with vegetable but don't know what to do with the vegetable next, just try this quick gravy recipe out. Chef Keith Snow gives you a innovative idea how to prepare a delicious curry with left out vegetables and make it a... - 101.334
Roasted Turkey And Gravy
Planning a thanksgiving dinner party would be a snap with this excellent Roast Turkey and Gravy recipe. A great make ahead preparation eliminating all the cooking stress on the party day. Watch the video to see step by step instructions. - 74.6706
Hot Meat And Gravy Sandwiches
Measure leftover gravy or sauces into 2-cup measure.
MICROWAVE 3 to 4 MINUTES on HIGH, or until hot.
If using gravy mix, prepare according to package directions in 2-cup measure.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS to 4 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS on HIGH, or... - 46.4544
Chicken In Wine Gravy
1) In a large skillet, heat ¼ cup of butter.
2) Cut the chicken into serving pieces. Brown chicken in the butter, several pieces at a time. Remove chicken from skillet.
3) To the butter remaining in the skillet, add the mushrooms and cook on high... - 44.2286
Tongue With Vegetable Gravy
In Dutch oven cover tongue with water.
Tie bay leaves, peppercorns, and thyme in cheesecloth bag; add with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to tongue.
Cover and simmer till tongue is tender, about 2 hours.
Add vegetables and cook about 30 minutes longer.
Remove meat;... - 43.412
Steak And Kidney Pie With Mustard Gravy
1. Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a floured surface to a thickness of 3mm/ 1/8in. Use to line the base and sides of a 1.5 litre/2 1/2 pint/6 1/4 cup pie dish. Place a pie funnel in the centre of the dish.
2. Put the flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and... - 43.2744
Herb Roasted Turkey With Giblet Gravy
Position an oven rack on the second-lowest level in the oven.
Preheat the oven to 500°F.
Have ready a large roasting pan with a roasting rack, preferably, V-shaped, set in the pan.
Place the onion, garlic, 4 of the sage leaves, the 4 sprigs of thyme, and the... - 43.0504
Toad In The Holes With Onion Gravy And Vichy Carrots
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade and put the dripping in the bottom of 2 sections of a Yorkshire pudding tin and put in the oven to heat until the tin is hot and smoking.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour and a pinch of salt, make a well... - 42.9373
Wild Boar Toad In The Hole With Onion Gravy
1) Into a bowl, add in the flour, thyme, and some salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add the eggs and beat them thoroughly. Gently, pour in the milk and whisk a thick, smooth batter to the consistency of unwhipped double cream is formed.
2)... - 41.9372
Chicken In Orange Gravy
About 1 hour before serving: Blend together flour, salt, paprika and garlic salt; coat chicken.
In large skillet, in hot salad oil, saute chicken pieces until golden.
Meanwhile, drain mushrooms, reserving liquid; add mushrooms to chicken; sprinkle chicken... - 41.7616
Bright Vegetables In Coconut Gravy
Dilute the coconut milk powder in an equal quantity of water.
Heat the oil in a flat bottomed pan.
Place the cumin in it, when it starts moving around add the chilies, curry leaves and peppercorn.
Stir Fry for a minute.
Add all the vegetables, and immediately... - 41.7445
1. Prepare a skillet or a saucepan by rubbing it with a clove or garlic
2. Tip in oil in the pan and heat over medium heat
3. Add in flour, brewers yeast, kelp and carob powders to the pan and heat gently. Stir the mixture every two or... - 41.5405
Hot Pork 'n' Gravy Shortcakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine corn-muffin mix, flour and olives.
3. Following the recipe instructions on the package for corn muffins beat in egg slightly with milk or water plus 1/4 cup more.
4. Into... - 41.0985
Country Style Gravy
1. In a medium heavy bottomed skillet, melt the butter over a low flame,
2. When the butter has started foaming, stir the flour into the butter and sauté to form a smooth paste.
4. Taking the pan off the flame, gradually pour in the milk and water... - 40.8761
Christmas Goose With Glazed Oranges And Creamy Mushroom Gravy
1. Prepare Rye-Bread Stuffing.
2. Remove giblets and neck from goose; refrigerate to use in soup another day. Discard fat from body cavity; rinse goose with running cold water and drain well; pat dry with paper towels. Spoon some stuffing into neck cavity (do... - 40.0866
Chicken And Carrots In Lemon Thyme Gravy
1.Take a 12 inch non stick skillet and heat oil on medium high flame.
2.Put chicken and saute well for 4 minutes; turn once.
3.Meanwhile, take a medium bowl, put gravy mix, milk, lemon, juice, thyme and 1 cup water in it and blend.
4.Put the chicken in... - 39.9864
Savory Steak And Gravy
Trim separable fat from the steak.
With a sharp knife cut the steak into 4 serving-size pieces.
In a small mixing bowl stir together the flour, dry mustard, and pepper.
With a meat mallet pound the flour mixture into the steak pieces.
Spray a cold large... - 39.3312
Turkey With Madeira Gravy
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Rinse turkey and wipe the cavity dry.
Season the cavity with salt and pepper and stuff it with onion and thyme.
Fasten the neck skin to the back with a skewer.
Tuck the wings behind back and tie the legs together.
Place the... - 39.224
1. Chop bones and brown in the oven or brown in little fat on top of the stove in a fry-pan.
2. When half browned add finely minced celery, carrot, and onion.
3. Drain off all fat.
4. Place in a saucepan with stock or water.
5. Bring to boil. Skim and allow... - 38.5308
1.Start by cutting up the onions and carrots
2.In a stew-pan, place the onions and carrot along with the lean beef or extract in with the fat and brown all together.
3.Add enough water to cover the mixture and stir slowly until the... - 38.4864
Stuffed Capsicums In Gravy
Heat ghee in a pan and fry cumin seeds.
When they turn brown, add corn; stir for a while; add milk and one cup water.
Cover and let corn cook on low fire till it is tender.
When corn is cooked, add rest of the ingredients for stuffing.
Remove... - 38.4381
Baked Chops With Herb Gravy
"Brown chops quickly in hot skillet; place in 2-quart casserole.
Saute onion in margarine and pan drip- pings until brown; stir in flour, blending well.
Add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Add all re- maining ingredients.
Pour over chops.
Bake,... - 38.2361
Steak N Gravy
Cut beef into bite-size pieces; brown in oil in a skillet.
Transfer to a slow cooker.
Cover with water; add tomato sauce and seasonings.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
In a small bowl, combine flour and... - 37.0731
Beef With Dijon Mustard Gravy
Place meat on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Insert meat thermometer into center of meat.
Bake in 325°F convection oven on rack #2 offset for 1 to 1/4 hours for medium-rare (145°F) or 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium (160°F).
[Or bake in 325°F radiant bake oven... - 36.9857
Shredded Carrot In Spinach Gravy
For all those who have made up their mind to try and eat a little healthier, this Shredded Carrot In Spinach Gravy is gonna be a favorite pick! A great combination of highly nutritious vegetables lile carrots and spinach, this vegetable gravy is also richly... - 36.9183
Many of us struggle to make a really tasty beef gravy, but just follow this recipe for perfect results every time... - 36.2588
Sprouted Mung In Tomato Gravy
Sprouted grams are so rich in nutrients that you include them in your diet and forget about your health. Yes, this Sprouted Mung In Tomato Gravy is an equally healthy dish you can include as a side course, and believe me, the fine flavoing given makes it such... - 36.0389
This traditional gravy is a rich turkey gravy prepared with pan drippings and turkey or chicken broth. Thickened with flour, the traditional gravy is seasoned to taste and slowly cooked to a savory and homely batch that can be served alongside roasts or... - 35.7118
Baked Chops With Herb Gravy
Brown chops quickly in hot skillet; place in 2-quart casserole.
Saute onion in margarine and pan drippings until brown; stir in flour, blending well.
Add milk, stirring constantly, until smooth.
Add all remaining ingredients.
Pour over chops.
Bake, covered,... - 35.6245
Beefy Onion Gravy
1) In a saucepan of medium size, mix 1 1/4 cups of water with beefy onion soup mix.
2) Blend the mixture well.
MAKING ... - 35.0716
Beefy Mushroom Gravy
1. Blend soup mix in 1 ½ cups of water.
2. Place the pan on a medium flame.
3. Allow the liquid to reach boiling point.
4. Reduce the flame, cover the pot with its lid and simmer the liquid for 8-10 minutes, stirring after very 2-3 minutes.
5. In... - 34.6226
Home Style Gravy
Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion and thyme; saute 3 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir in broth.
Add cornstarch mixture, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning to... - 34.2227
Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy
Well, I am back to Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy, they are my favorite after all. If you have a blade roast at home or if you buy some pounds on your next purchase, you can very well try this all new Seven Blade Roast With East Gravy dish. Go for it! - 34.0044
Bottle Gourd In Green Garlic Gravy
This Bottle Gourd In Green Garlic Gravy is a really moist and easy to do dish that everyone will love to have as a side course. The goodness of bottle gourd and the garlic also makes this vegetable gravy an equally healthy pick to make. Yeah, so good, so... - 33.9849
Egg Foo Yung Gravy
Blend chicken broth and corn starch in 1-quart measure.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
MICROWAVE 4 to 5 MINUTES on HIGH, or until mixture thickens.
Stir once with wire whip.
Pour over Egg Foo Yung before serving. - 33.916
Classic Gravy Recipes By Category