- » Classic Frosting
Classic Frosting Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic frosting recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic frosting recipes.
Classic Seven Minute Cake Frosting
Here is the wonderful, fluffy frosting that reminds me of marshmallows. I use this on my Mocha Spice Cake (see video) but you can use it on any cake. It makes a generous amount for filling and covering a 2-layer cake...and enough to lick the bowl! You will... - 105.226
1. Take a heavy sauce pan and add milk, honey and sugar into it. Boil this mixture to a soft ball stage or 238°F (113°C).
2. When done take out from heat and allow it to cool.
3. Whip the mixture until it turns creamy.
4. Add nuts and stir well.
5.... - 37.3089
Strawberry Yogurt Frost
1) Into a blender, add the strawberries, milk powder, yogurt, water, equal and the vanilla
2) Blend till smooth
3) Pour into tall glasses and garnish with a strawberry and mint - 34.6239
Strawberry Yogurt Frost
Cut frozen block of strawberries in half.
Put milk, yogurt, water, strawberries, and vanilla into blender container.
Cover and process at LIQUEFY until smooth. - 29.8606
Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring often; boil 1 minute.
Remove from heat, and whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
Add toasted pecans, stirring gently 2 to 5 minutes or until frosting begins to... - 27.4468
Praline Frosting For Sandwich-type Cookies
Combine brown sugar and cream in small saucepan.
Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil 2 minutes.
Blend in confectioners' sugar.
For sandwich-type cookies, cut dough with a 2-inch cutter.
Add finely chopped peanuts to... - 26.2009
Combine all ingredients.
Beat with electric mixer 5 minutes or until very stiff.
While decorating, keep remaining frosting in bowl covered with damp cloth or waxed paper to prevent a crust from forming.
This frosting becomes very hard and is good for making... - 26.0226
In a large bowl, beat the egg whites very lightly until frothy.
Using a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on the lowest speed, gradually beat in half the powdered sugar.
If using a wooden spoon, continue beating the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy,... - 22.5807
1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a small bowl, until foamy.
2. Slowly beat in 10X sugar until frosting stands in firm peaks and is stiff enough to hold a sharp line when cut through with a knife. (Keep bowl of frosting covered with damp paper... - 22.1778
Cherry Yogurt Frosting
Beat egg white to soft peaks; gradually add the yogurt.
Beat to stiffpeaks.
Spread on 8 or 9 in. (20 or 23 cm) cake. - 20.8293
Boil sugar and cream in saucepan for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and salt: beat until smooth and drizzle over cookies.
If frosting becomes too thick, thin with a few drops of cream. - 19.7275
1. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer at high speed until foamy in a small bowl.
2. Beat in 10X sugar gradually, until frosting stands in firm peaks and is stiff enough to hold a sharp line when cut through with a knife.
(Tip: To keep... - 19.1825
Classic Frosting Recipes By Category