- » Classic Dry Snack
Classic Dry Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic dry snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic dry snack recipes.
Classic Dried Fruit Loaf
1. In a bowl, mix the dried fruit with the tea and soak overnight.
2. Preheat a 350°F/180°C/Gas 4 oven. Line the bottom and sides of a 9 X 5 in (23 X 13 cm) loaf tin with greaseproof paper and grease the paper.
3. Strain the fruit, reserving the liquid. In... - 39.814
Classic Eggs Valencia
1. Preheat the oven by setting it at 375°F.
2. Take a bowl and blend the cream with the peppers with the help of an electric mixer.
3. Add the Tabasco and salt.
4. Taking an ovenproof baking dish and butter it.
5. Add the mixture to... - 42.5884
Classic Crescent Rolls
Dissolve yeast in water.
Add Sourdough Starter; mix well.
Add dry milk and 1 cup flour; cover.
Let stand overnight to develop sponge.
Stir down sponge to dissolve crust.
Add shortening, sugar, eggs, and salt; mix well.
Add enough remaining flour to make soft... - 42.9699
Classic Blueberry Muffins
1. Sift flour and baking powder together into a bowl, add sugar and mix to combine.
2. Combine eggs, milk and butter. Add egg mixture and blueberries to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
3. Spoon mixture into six greased 1 cup / 250 ml / 8 fl oz... - 29.6743
Classic Corn On The Cob
1) Remove the husks from the com.
2) With a stiff brush scrub the com to remove the silks.
3) Rinse well.
4) In a large bowl add softened butter or margarine, basil, dillweed, marjoram, oregano, sage, or thyme and salt. Stir together.
5)... - 38.3665
Classic Banana Bread
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Keep aside.
4. In a large-size mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter.... - 47.2962
Classic Filled Coffee Cake
Cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with buttermilk to first mixture; add vanilla.
Pour half the batter into greased 9" x 9" pan.
Top with nut mixture; repeat.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. - 32.8673
In a small mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup of the flour and the yeast.
In a saucepan heat milk, 1 tablespoon butter, and the salt just till warm (115-120°), stirring constantly.
Add to dry ingredients in mixing bowl; add egg.
Beat at low speed of electric mixer... - 36.1342
Classic Nutmeg Cake
1) Preheat oven at 350°F
2) In a bowl sift dry ingredients together. Keep it aside.
3) In a bowl cream butter with vanilla extract and sugars till fluffy.
4) Using mixer at medium speed whisk in eggs and whites one at a time.
5) Add... - 46.7538
1. Lightly grease a 9-inch glass pie plate and set aside till needed
2. Prepare a large bowl and tip the butter or margarine into the bowl
3. Heat on High for one minute or until melted
4. Add sugar to the mix and set aside to cool
5.... - 44.2918
Classic Filled Cookies
Mix together sugar, beaten egg and sour cream.
Sift together dry ingredients and add to first mixture.
Add lemon extract.
Roll thin and cut in rounds.
Place 1 tsp. of the filling on half the cookies and cover with the remaining cookies.
Press together... - 36.1224
Classic Buttered Corn On The Cob
1. Rinse the whole cobs in cold water, without shaking dry. Arrange them, radiating outwards, on absorbent kitchen paper. Microwave on HIGH for 8-9 minutes, depending on size, turning the cobs over and rearranging their positions once.
2. Wrap in foil and... - 23.7288
Classic Gingerbread With Light Corn Syrup
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Sift flour, soda and ginger into a bowl.
Place molasses and corn syrup in a saucepan with butter and brown sugar.
Heat till melted.
Beat eggs and milk.
Add with melted ingredients to dry ingredients.
Mix to a thick batter.
Pour into... - 46.3558
Classic Crisp Peanut Butter Cookies
Cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla extract.
Add beaten eggs and beat thoroughly.
Stir in peanut butter.
Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
Drop by teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Press with back of floured fork to make a... - 37.7109
Classic Cheese Souffle
Lightly butter a 2 quart souffle dish.
Cut a piece of aluminum foil long enough to circle the dish, allowing a 1 inch overlap.
Fold foil lengthwise into thirds, and lightly butter one side.
Wrap foil, buttered side against the dish, so it extends 3 inches... - 39.6262
Classic Cream Puffs
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F before baking.
2. In a bowl, mix flour with salt.
3. Sift it together on a sheet of wax paper.
4. In a saucepan, melt butter.
5. Add flour mixture and let it cook to make a roux.
6. Remove from flame... - 44.7381
Classic Oven French Fries
1) Preheat oven to 475 °F.
2) Line a baking tray with silver foil and grease well.
3) Wash and peel the potatoes and cut them into long strips of about 2-inch length and 1/2-inch width.
4) Using a tissue paper or dry towel, wipe out any traces... - 34.5997
Have you been looking for a yummy scones recipe? Look no further, this video has just the right thing for you. Watch it to learn this step wise recipe to prepare classic scones. Missing it out will be a big mistake. - 93.8544
Classic Monkey Bread
In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over milk and let stand for about 5 minutes to soften.
Mix in sugar, salt, the 1/2 cup butter, and 3 1/2 cups of the flour.
Beat with a heavy spoon until well blended and stretchy; then cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a... - 38.5458
Soften the yeast in the lukewarm water with 1 teaspoon sugar and let stand about 10 minutes.
Scald milk and cool to lukewarm.
Cream butter, add sugar, salt, egg yolk and rind and beat until smooth and well blended.
Stir in softened yeast mixture, then add the... - 39.1331
Classic Lemon Coconut Bar Cookies
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare cookies, weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
Combine flour and granulated sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse... - 46.4459
Classic Half A Pound Cake
Grease a 9-inch tube pan or loaf pan (9x-5x3 inches) with 1 tablespoon butter.
Dust with flour and tap to remove excess.
Sift flour, soda, and 3/4 cup of the sugar into bowl.
Add remaining butter and mix in well with fingers.
Add lemon juice and vanilla, then... - 43.923
Southern Style Classic Onion Soup
1. In a large Dutch oven, tip in the butter and oil and saute the onions till tender.
2. Pour in the broth, sugar, and nutmeg and bring the mixture to the boil. When it boils, reduce the temperature, cover and cook for 10 minutes till hot through. Add... - 36.9284
Classic Chicken Saltimbocca In The Microwave
1. Place chicken between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap and gently pound until each breast half enlarges to a rectangle approximately 6 x 5 inches. Discard wrap. Place a ham slice and half a cheese slice on each breast half. Spoon 1 tablespoon tomato... - 31.6689
Classic French Meat Roll
Combine first 8 ingredients and mix.
Prepare the biscuit mix according to package directions, adding the parsley and mustard.
Roll out into a 10 x 12-inch rectangle.
Spread with the ground beef mixture and roll as for jelly roll.
Place on a cookie sheet.
Bake... - 43.1855
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
1. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, and butter. Beat them together until fluffy.
2. Drop egg, one at a time, and mix after each addition.
3. Add vanilla and mix well.
4. In a separate bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt.... - 107.108
Classic Karipap Sardines
If your stomach is rumbling for some snack, have this Classic Karipap Sardines! A famous Malaysian snack, this dish is very simple to make. Serve it with a spicy sauce. - 120.652
1) Preheat oven hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7.
2) In a large mixing basin sift flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar (or use 4 level teaspoons baking powder).
3) Cut in butter and add sugar.
4) Add egg and milk. Mix... - 41.7771
Classic Fish And Chips
If you want to prepare a popular take-away from food joints at home, try this Classic Fish and Chips recipe. This dish is apt to serve as a snack at home or when you are calling your friends over. Don't let the fried fish make you think twice about the... - 97.4393
Classic Nut Bread
Soften yeast in the water with 1 teaspoon of the sugar.
Let stand 10 minutes, stir to blend.
Combine hot milk with remaining sugar and salt, stir and cool to lukewarm.
Combine yeast and milk mixtures and mix thoroughly.
Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and beat... - 43.5255
Classic Cheese Souffle
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 2-quart souffle dish; sprinkle evenly with bread crumbs.
2. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, and ground red pepper until blended; cook, stirring, 1 minute. With wire whisk, gradually... - 33.8537
1. In a non-stick skillet sauté the pork for about 8 minutes on a medium flame until meat has evenly browned.
2. Add onion and chilies to the skillet and sauté along with pork for another 5 minutes.
3. Further, add the peppers and spices, blend in,... - 43.7876
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie
With a majority of chocolate addicted people around, this recipe of chocolate chip cookie is going to be a big hit. Baking crispy, crunchy chocolate chip cookie is a dream project for many. Use this easy and quick recipe to bake real cookie at your oven and... - 137.395
Japanese Classic Melonpan
Looking for some great oriental confectionary delicacy? Here's the most sought after Japanese recipe of Classic Melonpan that you can easily replicate step by step from this video. Melonpan is a classic Japanese sweet enriched bread encased in thin layer of... - 141.445
1 Combine 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and lemon peel in mixing bowl. Heat milk, cream, and butter to hot (120°-130°F).
2 Combine flour mixture, cream mixture, and egg yolks. Mix thoroughly. Add apples, raisins, and candied lemon peel.
3 Add enough... - 39.95
Add 1 sq. chocolate, melted, to sugar and shortening mixture of Sugar Cookie recipe or add 1/3 cup cocoa to dry ingredients. - 14.3537
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Butter a cookie sheet.
– In a bowl, cream butter and add egg, carrot puree, and vanilla extract. Stir.
– In separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients. Add to first mixture and stir until smooth.
– Add... - 41.4987
Chocolate Viennese Fingers
Grease two baking trays and make a greaseproof paper piping bag.
Cream the butter with the sugar until very soft, light and fluffy.
Sift together the flour, cornflour, cocoa and salt, then gradually work these dry ingredients into the creamed mixture - the... - 42.2741
Classic Italian Bruschetta
Fond of Italian food? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch the chef prepare this Classic Italian Bruschetta step by step in this video. We bet your family will love this Italian delicacy. Watch it now. - 125.202
Simple Tomato Sauce
Place water, broth, or wine in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion, garlic, and red pepper.
Cook and stir over low heat for 5 minutes.
Add more liquid if necessary during this process.
Add the tomatoes, thyme leaves, oregano leaves, parsley, basil, and... - 38.4231
1) Preheat the oven to 325º F before baking.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients except sugar.
3) Cream well sugar and shortening and add in egg, vanilla and mashed carrots.
4) Mix the dry ingredient mixture with the carrot mixture.
5)... - 43.9724
Easy Grill Burgers
Combine the water and soup mix, then add the ground beef and mix well.
Shape into 10 patties and place on grill.
Cook until done.
Place patties on buns and add 1 slice tomato and 1 slice pickle to each bun. - 27.5207
Combine the water and soup mix, then add the beef and mix well.
Shape into 10 patties and place on grill.
Cook to desired degree of doneness.
Arrange lettuce on the bottom halves of buns.
Place the patties on the lettuce, then add 1 tomato slice and onion... - 30.548
Combine chicken, soft bread crumbs, eggs, 2 tablespoons milk, onion, green pepper, salt, savory, pepper, and almonds in medium-size bowl; chill about 2 hours.
Shape into 8 cylindrical croquettes, each 1 inch in diameter; roll in fine dry bread crumbs; dip in... - 36.7477
1) In a bowl, add butter and honey to cream.
2) Stir in other wet ingredients into the bowl and beat well.
3) Separately, combine all the dry ingredients to sift in.
4) Mix the wet and dry ingredients. Fold in walnuts to the mixture.
5)... - 48.2752
Cranberry Walnut Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin papers. Keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, pour in the soured milk, rolled oats and stir to combine. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. In another bowl, add in the... - 115.903
Chocolate Raisin Fingers
Cover raisins with boiling water; leave about 3 minutes to plump.
Soften butter; add with chocolate, orange rind, and syrup to cake crumbs.
Add raisins; mix well.
Press into oblong shape, about 1/2 inch thick, onto greased paper.
Chill until set;... - 32.1387
Tropical Oatmeal Cookies
Cream shortening and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and fold in pineapple.
Add sifted dry ingredients.
Drop by heaping teaspoonsful on ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 375° oven for 15 minutes.
Makes 3 dozen. - 39.9714
Cream sugar and shortening, add egg.
Add alternately, sifted dry ingredients and mashed carrots, beating well after each addition.
Drop on greased cookie sheet and bake in 350 degree oven, in center of oven, for 10 minutes.
While warm, frost with 1/2 to 3/4... - 37.8978
Old Fashioned Lace Cookies
Sift flour, measure, and resift 3 times with spices, salt, soda and baking powder.
Melt butter with sugar and molasses over boiling water and remove from heat.
Add dry ingredients and lemon extract and beat until smooth; let stand over hot water for 5... - 38.6641
Pour boiling water over raisins and let stand 5 minutes.
Save water for another use in making bread.
Cream together oil and shortening.
Beat in honey, eggs, and extract.
Stir in carrots and raisins.
Combine dry ingredients.
Add to carrot mixture.
Blend... - 46.5451
Coffee Or Tea Donuts
Beat eggs well, add sugar gradually and continue beating.
Add oil and milk.
Stir in dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
Form donuts (with donut press).
Drop carefully one by one into hot grease or oil (at least 3 inches deep).
When golden brown... - 40.746
Quick Chicken Croquettes
1. In a saucepan, heat Crisco and stir in flour with salt.
2. Add milk; stir to mix.
3. Over very low heat, cook sauce with constant stirring until it thickens and bubbles.
4. Add chicken, onion and parsley.
5. Grease a shallow baking... - 48.2156
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°.
2) Soak the raisins in the rum for about 1/2 hour.
3) Drain and squeeze the raisins dry.
4) Sprinkle the yeast and the pinch of sugar into the water.
5) Let the mixture stand for 2 or 3 minutes; stir to dissolve... - 45.725
Salmon And Vegetables En Croute
Remove and discard skin from fish; trim edges and cut fish into 8 slices.
Combine fish, juice and the oil in large bowl; cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Cut pastry into quarters; place on oiled oven tray.
Cut shallow diagonal slashes in pastry,... - 42.0491
1) Finely chop or grind chicken.
2) To make sauce, in a saucepan, melt the butter over a low heat and stir in 2 tbsp of the flour.
3) When the mixture begins to froth, add the cold milk, salt, pepper and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
4)... - 44.9694
1. Heat milk to scalding point .Keep aside to cool to lukewarm
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour and mix in salt and sugar. Set aside
3. Grease a large baking sheet with oil or butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F 15 minutes before baking... - 45.9767
Fruity Oatmeal Muffins
fruity oatmeal muffins is a delicious and healthy treat for fruit lovers. Baked with delightful pumpkin pie sauce and dried fruits, this recipe also has crunchy rolled oats to add to the texture. The vanilla gives this muffin a classic flavor that everyone... - 41.3156
1) Wash the celery and cut into 1-inch pieces, by keeping the leaves.
2) In a good-sized saucepan, place the celery.
3) Cover with the chicken bouillon. Add the onion.
4) Place the saucepan, over medium heat to cook, uncovered, until... - 34.4906
1) In a saucepan, add all the ingredients.
2) Place the saucepan over heat to simmer, uncovered, until the quantity reduces to 1/2 its original volume. Stir occasionally during the simmering.
3) Serve the sauce with your choice of snacks, main... - 42.0847
Cheddar Cheese Muffins With Apple Butter
Simple cheddar cheese muffins with apple butter is a twist on the classic cheese muffins recipe. Bake up the easy muffins and serve them with a warm and flavorful apple butter dip. the dip made with apple jelly, cinnamon and butter is really yummy. - 46.7565
Plain muffins recipe is baked with a all round muffin mix and is sure to please any muffin lover. Simple and tasty, this is a hassle freem uffin recipe. Use your pre-made muffin mix and bake up these classic plain muffins. - 42.6902
Peanut Butter Muffins
Peanut butter muffins are a real treat for peanut butter lovers and something that never goes out of taste. Simply baked with sugar and milk, these peanut butter muufins recipe is an old classic that you must try once! - 37.9674
Peanut Butter Oat Muffins
Peanut butter oat muffins brings together the healthy goodness of oats with the smooth taste of peanut butter. Baked with some added raisins, yogurt and honey this muffin recipe is really a delightful little snack. The flavor of the vanilla also gives this... - 45.6121
Raspberry Corn Muffins
raspberry corn muffins are made with fresh raspberries and baked with cornmeal for a healthy and tasty recipe. Flavored with classic vanilla, this recipe is a summer favorite at my house and is best served with a fruit jam. - 44.1759
Lemon Sugar-topped Cuffins
Lemon suagr topped muffins or lemon suagr topped cuffins are light and sweet little muffins that are a must bake in the summer. These refershing little bakes will delight any gathering with their uplifting taste. The vaniila adds a classic twist to these... - 45.2434
Homemade Crispy Peanut Butter Cookies
Who doesn't like to bite on homemade, crunchy cookie? Here is a recipe of peanut butter cookie, which you can easily prepare at home and can win lot of appreciation, too. Thoroughly watch the video and bake crunchy, crispy peanut butter cookie at your oven. - 124.266
Crunchy Fruit And Vegetable Pick Ups
Using 3-inch Self-Sharpening Paring Knife, cut celery into 3-inch sticks.
If desired, fan an end of each celery stick, using Egg Slicer: Push end of celery halfway through Egg Slicer's wires and remove; give celery a quarter turn and push halfway through... - 44.3591
Old-fashioned Corn Bread
old fashioned corn bread is plain corn bread baked in muffin tins for individual servings. Crsipy on the outside and moist on the inside this classic corn bread recipe made with yellow cornmeal and buttermilk is perfect for serving at lunches or dinner,... - 40.9408
Potato Bird's Nests
Peel the potatoes, and keep in salted water so that they will not discolor.
Grate them into coarse pieces, and press dry.
In a saucepan heat the oil to 380°.
Dip the frying basket once into the pan to oil it.
Take the baskets apart, and fill the bottom... - 33.7517
Corn Puffle is a mouth watering snack recipe. Try this classic baked Corn Puffle dish; I bet, you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 41.8201
Soaked and boiled brown chickpeas, tempered with a classic South Indian mix of mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. - 43.8802
Pecan Balls - Vanilla Kipfel
Another classic cookie recipe from Omi my mother in law. These delicious Christmas cookies made from crushed pecans, butter and other simple ingredients do not stay around long. With a dopio (double) espresso these cannot be beat. - 128.147
Dar Ni Pori
Clean and wash dal.
Place in a pan, cover with water and cook till soft and dry.
Mash thoroughly to a smooth paste.
Add sugar and ghee and simmer, mixing all the while, until sugar has dissolved and mixture is thick.
Cool and add remaining ingredients for... - 44.0338
Cheese Frosted Biscotti
Biscotti with a twist! Jen prepares this sweet treat and tops it with a cheese frosting! If you love chocolate, then the chocolate chips make a great addition. An interesting concept, this is a great accompaniment to a hot cup of tea or coffee. - 118.338
Honey Gingerbread Spice Cookies
A great twist on the classic gingerbread Christmas cookie, Honey Gingerbread Spice Cookies use honey instead of molasses. Great for entertaining and great as a gift, you wont be able to stop at just one cookie. - 112.901
Triangles With Two Mushroom Filling
1. Place the shiitake mushrooms in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water and let soak for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter in the oil over moderate heat. When the foam subsides, add the shallots and saute until softened but not... - 40.6911
Salt And Vinegar Kale Chips- How To Make Kale Chips
Hippie chips, hamster food...whatever you wanna call 'em kale chips makes a pretty quick, easy, and healthy snack. They are great for whenever you are having those crunchy, salty cravings but really don't wanna give it to potato chips. The best part about... - 122.526
Toasted Sandwich With Soy Cheese And Coleslaw
How about a healthy coleslaw and cheese sandwich for lunch? Here is a video recipe showing you how to make a healthy coleslaw salad. The “cheese” in this recipe is made with soy and a vegetable oil based spread. A simple recipe that’s healthy too! - 118.839
How To Make Chocolate-dipped Biscotti
Salted chocolate-almond biscotti makes for a perfect homemade gift. Whether for the holidays or a housewarming party, everyone will go crazy for them! Biscotti is one of those classic desserts that seems to be appropriate for any occasion. - 115.623
Whole Wheat Croissants Pt 2 Of 3
Part 2 in a 3 part series.Make sublimely tasty and relatively healthy whole wheat croissants and savory laminated dough pastries. - 0
Whole Wheat Croissants Pt 1 Of 3
Part 1 in a 3 part series. Make sublimely tasty and relatively healthy whole wheat croissants and savory laminated dough pastries. - 0
Crackling Corn Bread
Corn bread is a classic recipe you will enjoy at the snack time. You can pack this in kids tiffin and serve with tea or coffee. Bake this bread and enjoy!! - 46.4563
This classic ceaser salad recipe is made with romaine and lettuce greens along with bread slices and bacon. Dressed with french dressing, mustard and cheese, this ceaser salad recipe is made filling with eggs in it. serve it as a side or a light lunch. - 39.3853
Enjoy Spring rolls cooked in traditional Thai style. A very easy recipe of making this popular dish at home with the combination of varied fresh vegetables wrapped in spring roll sheets. You would just love this snack and serve it to your vegetarian guests. - 92.6431
Swiss Tomato Fondue
In a medium saucepan, heat the tomatoes on medium high until boiling. Turn heat to medium. In a measuring cup, stir cornstarch into wine until dissolved. Add wine mixture, basil and salt to tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes. Turn heat to medium low. Add cheese... - 17.8096
Wegmans Executive Chef Mark Makovec shares his tips on how to make your own calzones at home. It is a fast and fabulous meal when paired with a green salad and pizza sauce for dipping every last crumb! Your kitchen will smell like a bakery, and attract the... - 130.919
The saltine crackers is a great, wholesome snack for any time of the day.Let's make our own from scratch! - 136.58
Dussehra And Diwali Ki Puran Poli - Sweet Stuffed Paratha
Puran Poli is a traditional and classical type of sweet flatbread made on as a sweet or dessert during auspicious occasions and festivals in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Karnataka, Goa, Andra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. There are many variations to the stuffing for... - 46.2521