- » Classic Christmas Dessert
Classic Christmas Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic christmas dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic christmas dessert recipes.
Spicy Apple Gingerbread
Get into the spirit of the Christmas season early with this spicy and tasty gingerbread cake. This very special gingerbread cake is served with a whipped cream. Serve this cake fresh out the oven or pack it in a lunch box for an afternoon treat. It’s a hit... - 143.98
The Italian trifle (zuppa inglese), as suggested by its name, is the Italian variant of the English trifle: a delicious dessert made with custard, chocolate and liqueur-flavored ladyfingers... we wish you a sweet new year! - 138.265
Vanilla Crème Brulee
You might have made many creme brulee recipes over the years, but this one is going to knock it out of the park! The taste is as good as any 5 star restaurant. Served with short breads and berries, it is another great recipe by chef Kevin. Definitely, a worth... - 137
Chocolate Yule Log
So, we have Alia making the Yule Log Cake, which is la "Bûche de Noël" in this video. It is a traditional French cake that is only available during Christmas time. It is made of a 'genoise' (a soft sponge cake), filled with a flavored buttercream, and... - 133.452
How To Make A Traditional Christmas Pudding - Part 1
Christmas really does not feel like christmas unless there is a rich and delicious christmas pudding served as a dessert, right? Worried that the cooking is too time consuming and cumbersome? Well, not any more! Watch part 1 of the 2 part video series on... - 132.451
How To Make A Traditional Christmas Pudding - Part 2
Part 2 of the video series explains how to perfectly steam and decorate the christmas pudding. Sue McMohan's amazingly detailed descriptions in the video make things so simple that you would want to make this rich pudding for almost every dessert! - 130.351
For Christmas, you can make a delicious dessert, that is also a wonderful centerpiece! - 128.743
Christmas Gingerbread Cake
When it comes to Christmas desserts, most of us run out of new and festive ideas for the perfect end to meal. If you’re looking for a new addition to your holiday dessert table, give this a try. This Gingerbread cake with it’s glistening lemon glaze... - 127.378
How To Make Bunuelos - A Mexican Pastry With Cinnamon And Sugar
This Mexican dessert is traditionally served at Christmas time. These are sort of like fritters or cinnamon donuts. Very yummy. In Mexico these crisp pastries, are often eaten as a mid-afternoon sweet. Bunuelos are coated in a sugar cinnamon mixture and... - 125.689
Fruity Christmas Pudding
While all of us love to dig into the rich Christmas pudding not all of us can make it. But after watching this video, even novices to cooking can make this pudding. With simple to use ingredients and steps so easy to follow, you can celebrate Christmas at... - 117.782
Easy To Make Tiramisu
Loved not only in Italy, but also worldwide, the coffee-flavored, chocolate-dusted dessert is the one to die for. Chef Paul Hegeman shares with us a wonderful, tried-and-tested Tiramisu recipe that is likely to get you coming back for more and trying it over... - 115.771
This is one of the most difficult recipes we introduced, so please follow the instructions thoroughly.
The measurements and whipping time for the batter is critical to make a sponge cake. If the whipping time is not accurate, the sponge cake will become... - 112.049
Homemade Gingerbread With A Twist
Everybody loves the smell of freshly baked cakes during the holiday season and Gingerbread is probably the all time favorite. Instant-mix gingerbread boxes flood the supermarkets but this year bake a batch of homemade gingerbread to treat your family and... - 107.014
For those with a sweet tooth, here is a dessert that ensures you double fun. Why not, because this dessert is rich with honey, nuts and fruit flavor. A good choice to spread sweetness during any celebrations. - 106.409
Christmas Mince Pies
Here's an interesting way to make your mince pies look Christmas ready! Watch this video to learn how you can fill your mince pie pastries and then decorate the pastry lids with beautiful Holly leaves and berry without using any icing at all. Awesome and easy! - 105.212
Missing the peach cobbler which your grandma made? Then why not try making it at home on your own. Watch this video to see clear directives on making a very basic Peach Cobbler with few basic ingredients. A nice old-fashioned quick and easy recipe which is... - 104.329
Homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream
Have you ever tried making Cinnamon Ice Cream at home? If no, then surely check this out. The Chef shows how to make Cinnamon Ice Cream so nicely and patiently. It tastes so delicious. - 104.121
Delicious Pecan Pie
Looking for a great dessert recipe? Here's an interesting pecan pie recipe that can easily be prepared at home. Watch this video now and treat your family to this irresistible dish. - 95.1092
Homemade Mince Pie
A classic dessert like Homemade Mince Pie is always a hit. View this video to prepare this traditional dessert this festive season. The best part of this recipe is the ease of making it. Merry Christmas! - 87.8236
American Pumpkin Pie
Today, chef has an easy American Pumpkin pie recipe for Thanksgiving. He makes this traditional dessert with great ease, a recipe which can be tried by anyone including kids and can be successful. It’s interesting to see that a popular dessert can just be... - 78.3359
For recipe directions, please refer to the video - 77.532
Ice Box Fruitcake
This ice box fruit cake is a delicious mix of fruits and nuts in butter and honey. A real cool no-bake recipe to try! - 52.4199
Apple Almond Pie
Apple Almond Pie made with generous quantity of almonds,apples & butter.Apple almond Pie is a traditional recipe & is easy to cook.The crispiness of Apple Almond Pie is enhanced when you serve it cold,it makes that crunchy sound. - 52.0916
"brown Bag" French Apple Pie
This Brown Bag Apple Pie is a delicious combination of apples,flour,sugar andlemon juice.It tastes heavenly when served with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. The perfect combination...must say. - 51.8461
Bumbleberry Apple Pie
Looking for Bumble berry Apple pie?I am sure you will love this recipe of Bumble Berry Apple pie.You will find this colorful version of Bumble Berry apple Pie,a perfect,after dinner dessert.This Bumble Berry Apple Pie is made with an exciting mixture of... - 51.4271
Dark Fruit Cake
This Dark Fruit Cake has a very strong flavor of Brandy Liquor.Dark Fruit cake is made with Pecan,dates,raisins & cinnamon.In this nutty Dark Fruit Cake orange juice adds to the fruity flavor & makes it all the more delicious. - 51.0259
Danish Puff was a creation of Danes when they used a sweet filling for Austrian pastry.Danish Puff is a very popular dessert all over.My version of Danish Puff is different from the traditional recipe.Come & try my Danish Puff. - 50.9749
Black Bottom Peanut Butter Chip Pie
My recipe of Black Bottom Peanut Butter Chip Pie.Make your Christmas creamy & buttery with a mouth watering Black Bottom Peanut Butter Chip Pie.Served cold this Black Bottom Peanut Butter Chip Pie goes well with hot coffee. - 50.7794
Banana Custard Pudding
How to make Banana custard pudding?Eaten chilled this Banana Custard Pudding has great flavors in it.Recipe of Banana Custard Pudding. - 50.7655
Banana Split Cake
Double crust Banana Split cake with lots of other fruit flavors.An absolute delight this Banana Split Cake has lots of nuts & graham crackers in it.A very popular American Banana Split Cake recipe. - 50.6237
Boston Cream Pie
Wow...Cream Pie just got better with all that chocolate,butter & vanilla.This creamy Cream Pie will be one of the best pies that you would have ever made.Try this Cream Pie & tell me if you liked it. - 50.5685
Toss in flour,milk,baking powder with your choice of berries to bake that lovely Christmas dessert Berry Cobbler.A traditional American fruit dessert made out of berries,take a look at this Berry Cobbler.Berry Cobbler is sure to make your Christmas berry... - 50.3818
Dark Fruit Cake
Place raisins and apricots in medium bowl.
Pour 1/3 cup brandy into 1-cup measure.
Microwave at High 15 to 45 seconds, or until heated.
Pour over raisins and apricots.
Grease two 8 x 4- or 9 x 5-in loaf dishes and one 8-cup ring cake dish.
Coat... - 50.2155
Downside-up Apple Pecan Pie
A rare Downside up Apple Pecan pie an absolute delight this festive season.Apple pecan Pie with caramel pecan layer flavored with nutmegs,lemon juice & cinnamon.Apple Pecan pie that you will never miss. - 49.9749
Apple Cranberry Pie
Apple cranberry Pie is a great Christmas pie dessert made with apple slices,cranberries,butter & milk.Apple Cranberry Pie is a double crust pie with great fruit flavors.A simple Apple Cranberry pie recipe. - 49.8999
Classic Carrot Cake
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) To prepare the cake, in a large bowl sieve together whole wheat flour, unbleached flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, mace, and allspice.
3) In a medium bowl add oil, egg substitute, and... - 49.8817
My sister likes this pumpkin cheesecake recipe. This recipe was given to her by one of her friends. Whenever there is a party in our house, she prepares this dessert. All the guests like this dessert very much and thank her for preparing it. Which makes my... - 49.6477
Zesty Lemon Custard Pie
I love lemon custard. This is a simple recipe for lemon custard pie. Definitely, one of those delicious holiday dessert pie recipes. - 49.5776
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Take a look at this delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.This is my personal favorite. It tastes out of this world when served with honey. - 49.4908
Bourbon Pecan Pie
Try this lovely Bourbon Pecan Pie made with light & dark corn.A great tasting variety of Pecan pie with a strong flavor of Bourbon.Bourbon Pecan Pie like never before. - 49.4556
Fruit And Bread Pudding
A classic pudding, using bread and eggs as base and pears and raisins as supporting flavours. Use of whole grain bread gives this recipe a healthier uplift. - 49.4461
An easy to make Border Tart.An almond Border Tart which is not the traditional Border Tart but it sure does tastes good.My recipe of Border Tart for you. - 49.3806
Stollen - Christmas Bread
Stollen is a loaf-shaped cake with dried fruit and marzipan. Stollen is usually made with chopped candied fruit and/or dried fruit, nuts and spices.It is a traditional German cake, usually eaten during the Christmas season, fantastic addition to any Christmas... - 49.3747
Caramelized Apple And Walnut Strudel
1. Preheat the oven to 340 degree F or 160 degree C
2. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
3. In a non stick skillet, combine 75 grams of sugar and vanilla.
4. Place the pan on a medium flame for 5 to 8 minutes until the sugar has... - 49.3038
Holiday Pumpkin Cake Roll With Cheese Filling
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin, eggs and lemon juice with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes.
3) In another bowl, soft together the baking powder, flour, cinnamon, salt,... - 49.3038
Peanut Butter Cream Pie
A simple Peanut Butter Cream pie.Quickly made Peanut Butter Cream pie.Peanut Butter Cream Pie made on a baked shell. - 49.1908
Old Fashioned Fruit Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 225 degrees.
2) Butter and flour 2 tube pans of 10-inches each.
3) On the bottom of the pans, place waxed paper. Set aside.
4) In a very large mixing bowl, combine together the raisins, currants,... - 49.1694
Deep-dish Pear Pie
Thinking of making a Deep Dish Pear Pie?This Deep dish Pear Pie is all that you are looking for.Creamy,chessey Deep dish Pear Pie. - 49.0541
Austrian Coffee Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F or Gas Mark 3.
2) In a bowl, sift the flour and salt together.
3) In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together, until light and fluffy.
4) Beat in the coffee, then gradually beat in the eggs.
5)... - 49.0177
Mccall's Best Black Fruit Cake
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients required for the fruit mixture and mix well using hands.
2. Cover with clingwrap and keep overnight at room temperature.
3. Grease a 10 inch tube/ bundt pan with butter.
4. Line the greased pan... - 48.9614
These are sweet rice flour dumplings. They are very delicate and tender. - 48.9483
Orchard Apple Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till the mixture is fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
5) Add the mixture... - 48.7835
Cream the butter, sugar and honey together until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the eggs, adding 1 tbsp of flour with the last amount.
Sieve in the remaining flour then and fold into the mixture with the cherries and almonds.
Turn into a 600 g greased... - 48.7662
1. Grease a 1-1 ½ quart mold with oil or unsalted butter.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the dried fruits, nuts and fruit peel and dredge with flour. Keep aside for later use.
3. Use a large clean glass bowl.
4. In the bowl sift together the... - 48.7489
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pie that you would want to share with all.Double Layered Pumpkin pie that you will make every year for all your near & dear ones.Wiped cream gives a smooth,creamy flavor to this Double Layered Pumpkin pie. - 48.7009
Fig And Honey Christmas Cake
1. Toss the beef in seasoned flour and shake off any excess flour.
2. In a large pan, heat oil
3. Fry the beef in batches until brown all over.
4. Set aside in a plate
5. To the same frying pan, add onions and cook for 3 minutes.
6. Add potatoes and... - 48.5887
Cranberry Pudding With Cream Sauce
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the water and baking soda.
3) Add the flour, molasses, sugar and salt and stir well.
4) Into a greased and floured 9x9-inch baking pan, pour the... - 48.5732
Sweet Potato Cake With Fresh Coconut Filling
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar and oil.
3. Transfer into an electric mixer, beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
4. Put in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In a different... - 48.571
Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, spices, salt, flavorings and milk. Beat well to mix thoroughly.
3) Into the pie crust, pour the mixture.
4) Bake in the... - 48.5338
Old Fashioned Lemon Meringue Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a heavy saucepan, combine together 1 cup of sugar, salt and cornstarch.
3) Add the milk gradually, stirring well till blended.
4) Cook the mixture over moderate heat, constantly... - 48.5311
1) In a large mixing bowl add in the breadcrumbs, grated apple, ale or milk., flour, eggs, mixed spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, shredded suet, brown sugar, carrot, candied peel, almonds, currants, raisins, sultanas, prunes or apricots, lemon rind and lemon... - 48.416
Soak raisins in hot water.
Let stand till raisins are plump.
Drain; set aside.
Heat milk just till warm (115° to 120°); add yeast from hot roll mix and stir till yeast is dissolved.
Combine eggs, 1/2 cup butter or margarine, sugar, lemon peel, ground mace,... - 48.3894
Christmas Fruit Cake
Put fruit in saucepan with peel, sugar, syrup, butter and 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 minutes.
Turn into a bowl and cool.
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Sift flours, soda and spice three times, then add to fruit mixture.
Beat in eggs.
Place in... - 48.3806
1. Pre-heat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, mix butter and sugar. Blend it well.
3. Break the eggs in the same bowl and beat it well.
4. In another bowl, sieve flour and mix baking powder to it.
5. Add it to the egg mixture, little by... - 48.3761
Plum Pudding With Hard Sauce
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the breadcrumbs and milk. Let stand till cool.
2) Add the beaten egg yolks, sugar, raisins, figs and citron.
3) Chop the suet and beat till creamy.
4) Add to the bread and blend well.
5) In a clean, dry... - 48.3495
Busy Day Cobbler
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drain cherries, saving liquid.
Cream butter and sugar together. Alternately add in milk and sifted dry
ingredients. Pour into a buttered and floured casserole dish. Top evenly
with cherries. Sprinkle sugar on top and cover with... - 48.1311
Chocolate Cream Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a heavy saucepan, melt the chocolate gently over low heat. Let it cool.
3) In a different pan, combine together 1 cup of sugar, flour and salt and mix well.
4) Add the chocolate and... - 48.1032
Apple Aand Persimmon Cobbler
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 °F.
2) Peel the persimmons and slice thinly. Take out the seeds.
3) To prepare piling, in a large bowl add persimmons, apples, honey, cinnamon, and cloves.
4) Grease a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick... - 48.0852
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Take a bowl add butter into it. Cream the butter with sugar and lemon rind.
3. Whisk the eggs one at a time and stir in the fruit.
4. Add little salt, baking powder, allspice and flour.
5. Add it to... - 48.0674
Fresh Strawberry Glaze Pie
A perfect Strawberry pie recipe for this Christmas.Easy to make and the perfect dessert for this festive season.A must try. Do let me know how it turned out for you. - 48.0306
Classic Date Cake
Grease 13" x 9" baking pan; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a small bowl, combine dates, orange peel and baking soda.
Pour boiling water over; set aside.
In a large mixer bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in... - 47.9912
Brandy Pecan Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine together the half-and-half and eggs and beat well.
3) Add the sugar, flour, salt, molasses, corn syrup and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
4) Add the pecans and brandy. Stir... - 47.9645
French Golden Apple Pie
1) To make the Pastry, combine together the flour, salt and sugar and cut in the shortening with the help of a pastry blender, till the mixture looks like coarse meal.
2) Sprinkle cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, evenly over the surface.
3) Stir well with... - 47.919
Holiday Nut Cake
1. Grease a 10-inch tube pan with butter.
2. Grease a brown paper with butter and line it inside pan. Keep aside.
3. Pre-heat oven to 250° F.
4. With an electric blender, cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating until light and... - 47.8875
Diabetic Cherry Pie
Bake a treat for all this Christmas,this Diet Cherry Pie is sure to find it's place in the hearts of all those who restrict their sugar intake.Diet Cherry Pie for moms & Dads.Serve this Diet Cherry Pie with love. - 47.7623
1. Combine the flour, salt, mixed spice, fruits, peel, and almonds.
2. Preheat a conventional oven using top and bottom heat to about 350 degree F
3. Grease an 8-inch cake tin and line the base with wax paper.
4. In a large mixing bowl,... - 47.7292
Individual Fruit Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and oil till well combined.
3) Add the eggs and beat till the mixture is light.
4) Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon,... - 47.6443
Whipped Cream Cake
1. Pre-heat oven at 350°.
2. Grease two 8-€ round layer cake pans. Place waxed paper at the bottom of it and grease it lightly.
3. In a bowl, sieve flour. Add sugar, baking powder and salt and mix it well.
4. In a deep 1 quart... - 47.626
Christmas Nut Cake
1) In a bowl, combine fruit and whiskey. Let the fruit soak overnight.
2) Next day, preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
3) In a bowl, cream butter and sugar well.
4) To this, add eggs slowly, beating well after each addition.
5) Stir in the... - 47.6031
Apple Crumb Pie
Apple crumb pie recipe made with apples,nutmegs,cinnamon,butter.A delicious Apple Crumb pie recipe.A classic Christmas Apple Crumb Pie recipe. - 47.6018
This smooth and rich buttermilk pie recipe will sweeten your day. Mixing the the richness of butter and sweetness of milk with flour and egg is nothing but recipe for making your friends and family happy. - 47.5625
1. Line a 1 1/2-Quart bowl/ deep bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Slice each ladyfinger into two halves lengthwise and brush the inner portions with rum.
3. At the bottom of the platic wrapped bowl, arrange 6 halves of ladyfingers, cut side up.... - 47.5162
Avocado Lime Chiffon Pie
I wasn't too sure of making this Avocado Pie Recipe.But when I finally did I loved the way Avocado tastes in this recipe.For all those who don't like Avocado must try this Avocado Pie Recipe.Lime juice gives a fresh flavor to this Avocado Pie without over... - 47.5061
Raised Fruit Cake
Use very warm water (105°F.to 115°F.) for dry yeast; use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed.
Sprinkle dry yeast or crumble cake into water.
Let stand a few minutes; then stir until dissolved.
Pour hot milk over 1/4 cup sugar and the salt.
Cool to... - 47.4887
Sherry Trifle With Ratafias
1) In a large frying pan melt butter and stir in sugar.
2) With a wooden spoon, stir over heat until the sugar melts and turns golden, caramel brown.
3) Keep stirring until mixture browns evenly.
4) Mix orange juice and stir until caramel turns... - 47.39
Date And Walnut Cake
Chop the dates, soak in 5 tablespoons of water and add the soda bi-carb. Allow to stand overnight or at least for 4 hours.
Sieve the flour and baking powder.
Cream the butter, and sugar very well until light and creamy.
Add the eggs one at a time and beat... - 47.3828
Yellow Angel Cake
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take egg yolks. Beat it vigorously until it becomes thick and is lemon in colour.
3. Add cold water and beat it again until it is of a thick consistency.
4. Add sugar, little by little... - 47.377
Combine molasses, honey, lard, and sugar in heavy saucepan.
Place over medium-high heat and cook, while stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to foam and bubble.
Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, salt,... - 47.351
White Fruit Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 275 degrees.
2) Cream together the butter and sugar till the mixture is fluffy.
3) Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after every addition.
4) Sift the flour with the baking powder.
5) With an... - 47.3399
Lime Party Pie
1) In water, soften the gelatin and set the mixture aside.
2) In top of a double boiler combine together the egg yolks, lime rind and juice and ½ cup of sugar and beat well.
3) Cook over boiling water, constantly stirring, till the mixture is thick... - 47.3206
1. Prepare a 2-quart pudding mold with tight-fitting cover.
2. Prepare a trivet inside a large kettle filled with boiling water. The water should come up to the trivet margin.
3. In to a large bowl, tip in the fruits, nuts, lemon peel... - 47.3163
Traditional Christmas Cake
1) Preheat slow oven hot to 300°F, 150°C or Gas No. 2.
2) Rinse cherries in warm water and remove the outer sugary coating.
3) Pat dry with paper towels and cut into quarters.
4) In a large bowl sieve together flour, spice and salt.... - 47.299
Jangri is a crispy, puffy, juicy sweet. A south indian delicacy made out of black urad dal. Try and enjoy!! - 47.2744
Christmas Pudding With Orange Sauce
1) Into a sifter, measure the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt.
2) In a large bowl, cream the shortening with brown sugar till the mixture is fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat well.
3) Sift in the dry ingredients, alternately... - 47.2571
1. Wash sultanas, raisins and currants. Dry thoroughly.
2. Finely chop the raisins.
3. In a bowl, add the sultanas, chopped raisins, currants and the coarsely chopped glace fruits.
4. Pour a little brandy on the top and let it soak overnight.... - 47.2252
A traditional American Pie recipe made with flour,cream cheese,walnut. Easy and quick to make this sure is going to fetch you a lot of compliments. I just love this delicious combination. Try it!! - 47.2166
Combine honey, molasses, brown sugar, and butter in heavy saucepan.
Place over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until butter melts and mixture begins to bubble gently.
Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
In large bowl combine flour,... - 47.2132
1. In a large sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Mix well and sieve.
2. To this mixture, add apples, walnuts and raisins. Mix well and keep aside.
3. Grease baking pan/ double layered pans with butter.
4. Place wax... - 47.2122