- » Classic Broth
Classic Broth Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic broth recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic broth recipes.
Hot Clam Broth Over Linguine Pasta
Have a nice hot clam broth over some hot linguine pasta and glass of chilled white wine for lunch! You could go oh lala over the dish! Watch this video on how to make this exotic lunch for a change - 107.794
Beef Bone Broth, Tallow & Bouillon
How to make bone broth from beef bones, how to save the tallow for frying and making homemade beef bouillon. Bone broth is a wonderful source of nutrients that will provide your body with the raw materials for building bone, collagen and connective tissue.... - 95.0195
Basic Chicken Broth
1.Place chicken pieces and water in a large, heavy soup pot. Bring to a boil slowly, reduce heat, and skim off the foam that rises to the surface. Do not return to a boil or fat will be reabsorbed by the broth.
2. Add onion, cloves, carrot, celery, bay... - 47.9011
1. In a small saucepan, add in pearl barley and cover with cold water. Allow it to come to a boil. Remove and strain the barley.
2. Wash and disjoint the meat, cut off any fat.
3. In a large pan, add in meat, barley, seasoning and pour in water. Bring... - 47.5208
1. In a large saucepan, add in chicken carcass, skin and any trimmings. Pour in stock or water and cover the carcass.
2. Put in seasoning and allow it to come to a boil, and simmer gently for 1 hour in a covered pan.
3. Cut the vegetables roughly. ... - 47.4984
Fish Broth With Oysters And Saffron
1.In a stockpot, heat butter on medium high flame and saute onion, carrots, celery, leeks, parsley, garlic, bay leaves and juniper berries in it.
2.Once the vegetables start sputtering, lower the heat to medium low and put the lid on.
3.Let the... - 47.2176
Scotch Broth Soup
1) To make the stock, combine together all the ingredients and slowly simmer for about 3 to 4 hours.
2) Strain the stock.
3) To prepare the soup, in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan, melt the butter.
4) Add the carrot, celery, onion and garlic... - 46.8202
Tripe In A Spicy Piquant Broth
One day ahead, cover the tripe with the orange juice and refrigerate it.
Turn the pieces occasionally and let them soak overnight in the refrigerator.
Put the pieces of calf s foot into a large saucepan with the garlic, oregano and 1 tablespoon [15 ml.] of... - 45.5803
Rice With Spinach Cooked In Aromatic Broth
Put the beef broth into a pot with a lid.
Tie onion, garlic, cloves, cardamom, fennel, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, peppercorns, and bay leaf in cheesecloth and drop in pot.
Bring to a boil.
Cover, turn heat low, and allow to simmer for half an hour.
Remove... - 45.4486
1) Take a large stock pot, with 3 quarts water and wine, add them to the pot.
2) Now add vegetables.
3) On medium heat, bring the broth to a simmer.
4) Skim the surface, add the bay leaves,parsley stems and peppercorns.
5) Cover partially,cook for 4... - 45.292
Lamb And Pearl Barley Scotch Broth
Wash the barley and drain thoroughly.
Wipe and trim the lamb and cut into pieces.
Melt the butter in a saucepan or flameproof casserole.
Add the lamb and fry over a high heat till browned on all sides.
Peel and chop the onions; trim and slice the celery.
Add... - 45.2706
1. In a large heavy skillet, preferably cast-iron or a stockpot, combine all the ingredients except the seasonings and parsley.
2. Place on a medium high flame and heat to boiling point.
3. Frequently remove the scum them surfaces when boiling.
4.... - 45.1379
Francesca Morris's For Scotch Broth
1) Cut the meat into cubes of 2-inches each and put it in a slow cooker along with the bone.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the butter, flour and parsley.
3) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
4) Before it is time to... - 44.7832
Chicken Broth With Vegetables
1. Wash chicken pieces in water.
2. Discard any excess fat.
3. In a large soup pot, place the chicken and add all the remaining ingredients.
4. Bring the pot to a boil.
5. Cover the pot partially.
6. Simmer gently on medium heat and... - 44.6624
Monti In Broth
In a bowl or food processor, combine egg, water, salt, and butter.
Add flour and stir or process until mixture forms a ball.
Turn dough out on a lightly floured board and knead until dough is smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes, or 1 minute if mixed in... - 44.1829
1) Take a 3-quart saucepan and add lamb, water, salt, bay leaf, cloves, parsley, and 1/4 CUP of the chopped onion together.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil and then reduce heat.
3) Cover the pan and simmer for about 2 hours until the meat is tender.... - 44.0593
Poached Shellfish In Oriental Broth
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly.
Add the garlic, onion and fennel and cook gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in the tomato puree, lemongrass, chillies, lime leaf (if using), ginger and star anise.
Pour on... - 43.8976
1. Cut the lamb meat from the bones, discard the fat and cut the lean meat into small cubes.
2. Put the meat and bones in a deep kettle.
3. Cover with the water and salt to taste.
4. Heat slowly to the boiling point, and skim off the scum.
5. Reduce the heat,... - 43.7835
1) Clean meat and trim fat.
2) Take off meat and chop finely.
3) In a large saucepan, place meat and bone with water and salt.
4) In a small saucepan put pearl barley, cover with water and boil.
5) Strain and transfer into soup pot.
7)... - 43.7222
Fowl Chicken Broth For Soups
1) In a large saucepan, joint and place the boiling fowl with the carcass.
2) Add the bouquet garni, salt and cold water, then gradually bring to a simmer.
3) Skim off any surface scum, add the rice and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Then add the... - 43.478
Toasted Pasta In Wild Mushroom Broth
Preheat the oven to 180°/350°F/gas mark 4.
Break the pasta into smaller pieces, toss in the oil and place on a baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
Set aside to cool.
Spray a saucepan with a little olive oil and cook the thyme, garlic... - 43.4248
Place water, chicken, onion, carrot, celery, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne, and black pepper in a very large microwave-safe bowl.
Cover tightly and microwave on high for 45 minutes.
Strain broth through a fine sieve or a strainer lined with clean, dry... - 42.8642
Have the vea! knuckles cracked.
Trim excess fat from meat.
Combine the meat, bones and water in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil, cover and cook over low heat 1-1/2 hours.
Add the onions, celery, parsnip, parsley, salt and peppercorns.
Recover and cook 1-1/2 hours... - 42.574
Roast Welsh Lamb Rump With Aromatic Vegetable Broth
1) Cut the leek lengthways and rinse it under cold water. Make thin slices out of the white and tender light green parts.
2) In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Sauté the swede, celeriac, celery, garlic and leek gently for 2 minutes.
3)... - 42.4704
1. In a slow cooker place chicken.
2. Stud onion with cloves and add to slow cooker with other ingredients.
3. Cook with cover on High for 4-5 hours.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables and discard vegetables.
5. Debone chicken, cut up meat and add to... - 42.4299
Shrimp Vegetable Broth
1. In a saucepan mix together water, carrots, and bouillon granules and bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or till carrots are tender.
3. Add shrimp, mushrooms, and peas; simmer, uncovered for about 5 minutes or... - 41.8061
1.Cut onions and celery into small pieces.
2.In a pan, heat butter and stir in onion and celery.
3.Before they get brown, put flour, water, bay leaves and oysters in the pan and allow the ingredients to boil.
4.Allow the ingredients to... - 40.4957
1) Wash the fish frames and heads under the a running tap until water is clear.
2) Take a stock pot, add the fish,wine and 4 quarts of water.
3) Simmer over a medium flame, skim the surface,add the vegetables,bay leaves, peppercorns,parsley.
4) Return... - 40.3907
1. In a large kettle with cover heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion heat to boiling and then simmer 2 to 3 hours such that all meat falls off bones.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, let it cool, chill such that fat rises to top and... - 39.5466
1) In a large kettle add chicken wings with water. Boil the mixture.
2) Skim the scum that rises to the surface.
3) Continue to cook and simmer the stock for 20 minutes. Skim the scum frequently if required.
4) Add the remaining ingredients.
5) Boil... - 39.4724
1. In a large kettle heat lamb bones with water and half of the onion to boil and simmer for 2 to 3 hours with cover such that all meat falls off bones and save remaining onion.
2. Into a large saucepan strain broth, cool and chill such that fat rises... - 39.4677
Chicken Broth And rice Pilaf
1. Take a 2-quart glass casserole and add rice, onion and 1/4 cup butter into it. Microwave it for 4 minutes at high by until the rice browns lightly, by stirring it once.
2. Blend the salt, raisins, broth to the rice mixture and stir the mixture well.... - 38.9992
1) Take a large,deep pot and add 1 gallon of water, and the chicken bones.
2) Bring to a simmer over medium heat, carefully skim the surface, and toss in the remaining ingredients.
3) Now return to a gentle simmer, cover halfway,and add more water if... - 38.8683
1) In a non-stick pan, lightly toast the pearl barley by mixing it thoroughly it over a moderate heat (Use a little oil if you do not have a non-stick surface.)
2) After the barley grains attain an even brown colour, remove them from the pan or it... - 37.2485
Spanish Tomato Broth
Nick the tomato skins, plunge into boiling water, leave for 30-5 seconds, then peel off the skins and cut the tomatoes into quarters.
Put the consomme in a pan and bring almost to the boil, add the tomatoes, chervil and parsley.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the... - 36.7378
Chicken Stock Or Broth
1. Put all the ingredients in a deep kettle.
2. Heat slowly to the boiling point, and skim off any scum.
3. Cover and cook slowly for about 3 hours, or until liquid is reduced by 1/3-1/2 and has the flavor you want.
4. Cool slightly.
5. Strain into a chilled... - 36.273
Classic French Onion Soup In Beef Broth
Combine butter and onions in 3-quart casserole.
Cover with lid.
Cook at HIGH 7 to 8 minutes.
Stir in broth, water, Worcestershire, salt and pepper; cover.
Cook at HIGH 10 minutes and at MEDIUM 10 minutes.
Let stand, covered, 4 minutes before serving. - 34.996
Light Chicken Broth
1. In a heavy skillet, add a small bit of water and steam stir the onions till translucent; add chicken breast skin and brown a little
2. Add all the other ingredients, transfer to a large pot and allow to boil; turn the heat down and simmer gently for... - 34.8813
Classic Beef Broth
1 Put the meat bones, carrots, onions, leek and celery into a roasting pan.
2 Roast in hot oven (450°) 40 minutes, or until bones are well browned.
3 Place browned bones and vegetables in a 5-quart electric slow cooker; add water, parsley, garlic, salt, b - 33.5047
Quick Mushroom Broth
Melt butter in a saucepan; add chopped mushrooms and cook slightly.
Add water and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add consomme and heat thoroughly.
If sherry is used, add just before serving.
Makes 6 servings. - 29.6892
Classic Chicken Broth
1 Combine chicken with giblets, but not livers, in a 5-quart electric slow cooker. Add carrots, parsnip, onion, celery, and parsley; pour water over; sprinkle with salt and peppercorns; cover.
2 Cook on low (190° to 200°) 10 hours, or on high (290° to 300 - 27.3187
Broth Braised Brussels Sprouts
1. Trim stems from brussels sprouts and pull off outer discolored leaves.
2. Use large enough saucepan to allow sprouts to fit in single layer. Place sprouts and broth in saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about
5 minutes or just until... - 24.9499
1. Roughly chop the onion, celery and the carrots, in a large pot combine all the chopped vegetables along with salt and water.
2. Cover with the lid and let the stock come to a boil, cook for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the stock and let it cool in a... - 0