- » Classic Asian
Classic Asian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of classic asian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for classic asian recipes.
Classic Ikan Achar - Asian Pickle
Knockout anyone and everyone with this kick ass Ikan Achar recipe. A delicious Ikan Achar gets its taste from garlic. It is generally consumed as a yummy Side Dish. I simply love Ikan Achar which is believed to be a popular Indian dish. Go ahead and get... - 37.4948
Asian Style Hummus
However you make the hummus it is a delicious and nutritious appetizer. It goes well with chips, pita bread, or vegetables such as carrots, sliced red and green peppers, cucumbers and celery or any other veggie you can dip into a spread. It is one of the... - 116.964
Classic Egg Foo Yong
Lightly beat the eggs, salt, and pepper.
Stir in the onions, meat or fish, sprouts, scallions, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Heat the oil in a skillet.
Use a ladle or 14 cup of the mixture and drop into the oil.
Fry until browned on both sides.
Mix the... - 41.2241
Classic Soy Sauce Calamari With Sauteed Onions
1) Rinse the squid well and clean it by discarding the inner bones, eyes and guts.
2) Shape into rings or small rectangles scored a little more on one side by cutting using a knife for an appealing curl when cooked.
3) Remove the peel and cut... - 42.4872
Asian Peanut Coconut Mix
Peanuts, coconut and chilies are ground together to make this versatile asian paste. You could use it as a spread or a base or a dressing. The kick in the mix comes from chilies and garlic and does complete justice to Asian taste. - 0
Classic Pancit Bihon
Want to try an authentic Filipino delicacy today? Here's one specially handcrafted for you. Watch the chef share a Classic Pancit Bihon recipe. These are really thin rice noodles that are very high on taste. Do not give this recipe a miss. - 77.0184
Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F Split the bread in half through the centre and bake on a baking tray for 15 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Break the pita bread into pieces.
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl, until it... - 37.3038
Munti is a very delicious dish to prepare. Although it is a time consuming recipe, the taste of the dish is unforgettable. Check this video for more recipe detail. - 97.38
Classic Laksa Johor
Coconut lovers, pay attention! You are going to love this delicious Classic Laksa Johor which is rich in coconut. This is a South Malaysian dish which is healthy, tasty and makes a complete meal in itself. - 114.599
Classic Fried Rice Vermicelli And Sardines
A popular Malaysian recipe is featured here! The best part about Classic Fried Rice Vermicelli and Sardines is that apart from a great taste, it can be prepared with whatever ingredients are there in hand. Serve it on a platter and garnish it with egg. - 117.21
Classic Middle Eastern Hummus
1) In a food processor or blender add all ingredients. Puree the mixture.
2) Add water if required.
3) Chill for one hour before serving.
4) Serve with triangles of pita bread. - 36.9317
Classic Lamb Kabobs
1. In a shallow glass dish place meat and pour the desired marinade over meat.
2. Let it stand 2 hours at room temperature, turning occasionally or let it stand overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Drain meat, reserving the marinade and thread meat and... - 40.5031
Classic Oriental Chicken
Pierce chicken breasts with cooking fork.
Arrange in 3-qt casserole.
In small bowl combine cornstarch, brown sugar, oregano, garlic, oil, soy sauce, wine and raisins.
Pour over chicken.
Microwave at High (10) 11 to 13 Minutes Serve with rice if desired. - 38.7693
1. Mix flour, salt and egg.
2. Add tepid water and make a soft dough, kneading vigorously for about 20 minutes.
3. Set the dough aside for approximately 1 hour.
1. Chop onions, green chillies and ginger.
2. Mix them with the... - 45.3781
Classic Crepes Suzette
To make the crepes beat the eggs until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the sugar, beating well.
Stir in the orange rind, salt and butter.
Pour in the milk and rum, stirring constantly.
Gradually add the flour, beating until you have a creamy batter.
If you... - 40.9848
In a large mixing bowl sprinkle the yeast over the milk and stir in the three-quarter cup flour and one-quarter cup sugar.
Set aside for about five to ten minutes or until it is bubbly.
Meanwhile in a separate bowl soak the candied fruits and raisins in the... - 42.2494
Classic Oriental Beef Ring
Crush 1 1/2 cups of the noodles.
Combine with 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce; let stand 5 minutes.
Combine next 4 ingredients and noodle mixture.
Add ground beef-textured vegetable protein mixture; mix well.
Press into greased 5-cup ring mold.
Invert on... - 46.7002
Classic Oriental Vegetables
1 In a 1-quart casserole combine bok choy and green onion.Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon water.Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes or till crisp-tender.Drain.
2 Halve fresh or frozen pea pods crosswise.Stir pea pods and drained mushrooms... - 43.4829
Classic Oriental Chicken
Skin, halve lengthwise, and bone chicken breast; thinly slice chicken into bite-size pieces.
Stir soy sauce into cornstarch; stir in chicken broth, sherry, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat wok over high heat; add oil.
Stir-fry mushrooms and... - 45.7473
Classic Mongolian Chicken
Expecting guests at home? Treat them to this fabulous Mongolian Chicken. The dish is full of flavor and is absolutely delectable. Watch this video to learn how you can prepare this delicacy in your own kitchen. - 96.6695
Asian Mushroom Lettuce Wraps
Try out these Asian style mushroom lettuce wraps for an appetizing snack or even for lunch. Watch this impressive video to make this wonderful dish. The video is absolutely interesting and offers great serving suggestions too. This video is a must watch! - 105.655
Asian Wide Noodles
This is a quick and easy noodles that scream out south asian flavors loud. I have created a vegetarian dish but it works wonderfully with chicken or seafood too. You could choose to top it with anything of your choice. - 0
Asian Rice Pudding
Rice pudding is a classic dessert that can serve as an excellent compliment to any meal. Enjoy trying the old-time rice pudding recipe. You will love the creamy taste of this homemade creamy rice pudding. It's quick to make and oh, so easy! - 28.9497
Classic Thai Mackerel Salad
Mackerel is a popular fish in many cuisines particularly Thai. Here is a recipe to make Mackerel Salad using mackerel canned in tomato sauce and some common Thai seasonings. Makes a good pairing with many wines and good for a lunch treat! - 74.6358
Classic Coconut Curry Soup
If you are on the go but want to sip a soup, try making this Classic Coconut Curry Soup. This is a very simple and easy soup to make and involves no cooking at all. It is a tasty and healthy soup which gets ready in no time. - 85.0855
Classic Island Shrimp
1) Split the shrimp in half lengthwise, wash and dry.
2) In a bowl, put together shrimps, lime juice and onions.
3) Marinate for at least 4 hours. Saute for few minutes.
4) Season with salt and pepper before serving. Serve over... - 32.5503
Put all ingredients except brandy in saucepan.
Cook slowly altogether for one hour and 15 minutes.
Stir in brandy.
Makes 3 cups. - 31.7006
Classic Loco Moco
Are you looking for a complete meal in one dish? Try Loco Moco. This recipe from Hawaaiian cuisine has been altered to form a part of Japanese cuisine. It has rice, hamburger patty, eggs and gravy and is a very filling meal by itself. - 87.6441
Classic Curried Lamb
Lay half the onions on bottom.
Add meat, apples.
Moisten with lemon juice, tomato paste and water.
Add remaining onions.
Sprinkle with seasoning.
Close and bake.
Add raisins twenty minutes before cooking time is up. - 35.7553
Classic Lentil Vegetable Soup
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat.
Sauté onion, celery, carrot and potatoes until tender.
Add water, lentils, tomato sauce and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
Add water as necessary.
When lentils - 35.4894
Classic Pickled Fish
Clean fish without removing skin or bones.
Slice and season with salt.
Cook onions in water for 20 minutes.
Add vinegar, whole spices tied in cheesecloth bag, sugar, lemon and fish.
Boil for 1 hour.
Remove fish, strain liquid and pour over fish.
Store in... - 37.846
Classic Lamb Chops Oriental
Score fat edges of chops.
Place in shallow baking dish.
Combine soy sauce, water, and garlic; pour over chops.
Let stand in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
Arrange the marinated chops on broilerpan rack.
Broil 3 inches from heat about 10 minutes on... - 36.1689
Classic Curried Rice
In a medium saucepan stir together the water, rice, raisins, curry powder, bouillon granules, and minced onion. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or till rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Let stand... - 25.4144
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the chicken, stock, carrots, celery, onions and oregano.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside... - 43.2007
Classic Mediterranean Chicken Pilaf
Place the chicken thighs in a pan with the water, salt and spices.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and cook, covered, until soft, about twenty-five to thirty-five minutes.
Skim the foam that rises to the surface and discard.
Drain the broth.
Reserve... - 42.5989
Classic Seasoned Beef Stroganoff
Cut the beef into thin strips, about quarter-inch by three inches.
In a large skillet heat the quarter cup of the butter.
Saute half the meat until browned.
Remove meat to a platter.
Heat the remaining butter and brown the rest of the meat.
Remove... - 41.1685
Classic Chicken Fried Rice
In skillet over medium heat, cook eggs in butter, without stirring, till set.(Electric skillet 300°.)
Remove from skillet; cut into thin strips.
In same skillet over medium heat, brown the rice in oil.
Add broth, water, chicken, and soy... - 44.1603
Classic Mulligatawny Soup With Rice
1. In a pan in butter lightly saute the onion, carrots and celery .
2. Then stirring in the flour and curry powder continue to cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add the chicken stock, rice and salt and let it simmer for 1/2 hour.
4. Adding the remaining... - 41.7333
Classic Fish Balls In Curry Sauce
1) Chop the fish fillets finely or grind twice until minced.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in half of the oil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Stir in the chili peppers, turmeric, lemon rind and salt.
5) Transfer... - 46.9569
Classic Fish Soup
1) In a mixing bowl, mix together the fish, soy sauce, sherry and oil.
2) Refrigerate until needed.
3) In a saucepan, bring the broth to boil and add rice.
4) Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
5) Add the celery, onions, carrots, and... - 46.2106
Classic Curried Chicken
Prepare 4 or more of the condiments, placing each item selected in an individual bowl; set aside.
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and cook until soft.
Stir in flour, curry powder, sugar, and ginger; cook until bubbly.
Remove pan... - 44.1124
Classic Lamb Curry
1. In a medium sized microwavable place the ground lamb, breaking the lumps with a spoon.
2. Set microwave power at 7 and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until the meat changes color from pink to light brown.
3. Spoon out excess... - 47.545
Classic Curried Chicken
1. Wash and dry the chicken, remove the giblets and cut the chikcen into eight
2. In a flameproof as well as microwave safe casserole, heat oil and fry the chicken joints until golden for about ten minutes; remove and drain away excess... - 44.4533
Classic Curry Mackerel
If you are in a hurry to make a curry, here is a recipe just for you! Classic curry mackerel is a popular and favorite recipe from Malaysian cuisine. This is simple as well as easy to make. Garnish it with sliced chilies and serve it with warm rice. - 122.018
Classic Ikan Mackerel Kicap
Want to dish out a local popular specialty recipe? Try Classic Ikan Mackerel Kicap, which is commonly found in restaurant and party menus. Serve it with steamed rice and garnish with spring onions to make it all the more appetizing. - 114.763
Classic Saffron Shrimp With Quinoa
When you want a change in your regular dinner menu, here is a right choice of dish for you. The saffron shrimp over quinoa is a simple and quick recipe, which definitely offers a gorgeous taste of seafood and quinoa. Watch the video to learn in details. - 112.944
Classic Curry Sardines
Here is a simple and delicious dish! Classic curry sardines recipe is so simple to make because it has only three ingredients – sardines, curry sauce and tomatoes. Moreover, this dish is a good source of calcium and omega 3. Serve it with rice after... - 111.504
Soak the beans in water for about twenty-four hours.
Drain and rinse.
Puree in a food processor or blender.
Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add all the remaining falafel ingredients, mixing well until creamy and smooth.
If the batter is too thin, add a little... - 41.5306
Classic Peach Mousse
Place the peaches in a blender container or food processor and puree.
Beat the egg yolks in a mixing bowl until light yellow.
Gradually stir in the sugar and milk.
Transfer to the top part of a double boiler and set the pan over hot water.
Simmer,... - 41.1592
Classic Date And Raisin Squares
Filling: In 4-cup (1 L) measure, combine dates, water and raisins.
Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave at High for 4 to 6 minutes or until boiling, stirring every 2 minutes.
Watch carefully, adding up to 2 tbsp (25 mL) additional water, if mixture is... - 44.9648
Classic Coconut Chicken
1) In a skillet, melt half of the butter.
2) In this, lightly brown the coconut.
3) Remove the coconut and keep aside.
4) In the same skillet, heat the remaining butter.
5) In this, lightly brown the onions.
6) Now, in a saucepan, mix together the... - 48.5567
Classic Karipap Sardines
If your stomach is rumbling for some snack, have this Classic Karipap Sardines! A famous Malaysian snack, this dish is very simple to make. Serve it with a spicy sauce. - 120.652
Colorful Shirataki Salad
If you like a colorful salad, try Colorful Shirataki salad. Made from Shirataki noodles and vegetables, this recipe uses a dressing made of sesame oil, garlic and brown sugar. This is a very healthy salad which can double up as a meal as well. - 83.2595
Red King Crab Leg Sauce
1. In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
2. Pour over cooked crab legs to serve.
3. This recipe make enough dressing for 12 crab legs - 30.7238
In a large pot over high heat, bring 6 cups salted water to a boil.
Add the edamame and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, and red-pepper flakes.
Add the... - 38.5898
Cover the freshly grated coconut with boiling water.
Let stand until cold.
Drain through clean cheesecloth and save for use later.
Saute the garlic in butter.
Remove the garlic when browned, and blend the flour into the butter.
Add the curry powder and let... - 37.7251
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the garlic until finely minced.
2) Add the sesame tahini, lemon juice and salt, process until well blended.
3) Scrape down sides of the bowl, then with the machine running, pour in a steady... - 35.8931
1) In a pan, add coconut and water and cook over a low heat.
2) Keep stirring till the mix is creamy and smooth.
3) Mix in the garlic, ginger and spices and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Mix in the peanut butter and cook for another... - 36.9416
Scrape guavas, remove and discard seeds and cut flesh into 1" cubes.
Pour curd into a glass bowl and mix in salt and sweetener.
Heat oil in a small pan over moderate heat and add mustard seeds.
When they start spluttering add green chilli and pour contents of... - 37.5133
My Lentil Soup
Place all the ingredients in a saucepan.
Slowly bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. - 35.2288
Halibut With Lychee Cashew Nut And Miso Salad
1. Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 before grilling.
2. Take a saucepan, add mirin and sake and allow to come to boil. Boil for 20 to 30 sec to blaze off alcohol.
3. Lower heat, add white miso and stir till dissolved.
4. Increase the... - 43.8849
Steamed Mussels And Tilapia Tempura With Shirachi Mayonnaise
Chef Tony Clark makes four seafood dishes that can also be found at his restaurant in Cape May, NJ. Chef Victor Orsini comes on to talk about the seafood available for home delivery from Rastelli Direct, and Eugene Engel brings a great wine. - 112.706
Peel the eggplant, potatoes and carrots.
Cut into thick slices, cover with cold water and set aside.
Blend together the turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, coriander, cardamom, cumin, garlic and dry chili peppers.
Add a little water to make a sort of paste with small... - 44.6223
Sake Clam Soup
Scrub the clams and wash thoroughly.
Bring the dashi OR the broth and clam juice to a boil; drop the clams and onions into it and cook over medium heat until clams open.
Stir in the parsley, soy sauce, and saki.
Serve in deep plates. - 30.4314
Delicious Iced Coffee
Dissolve coffee in hot water, add cold water; sweeten if desired; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Place a generous scoop of ice-cream into each glass, fill with iced coffee.
Top with whipped cream, grated chocolate and a glace cherry. - 27.1352
Lemon Peach Pickles
Place the peaches in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
Stick 2 cloves into each half.
Sprinkle with sugar, then drizzle lemon juice over all.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Turn peaches once.
Pack into hot sterilized jars.
Bring... - 33.6855
Soften gelatin in cold water; then dissolve in boiling water.
Stir in sugar and cool.
Beat egg whites with salt until stiff and fold into cooled gelatin mixture.
Stir in vanilla and turn into an 8-inch square mold or baking pan.
Cut in squares and serve with... - 33.3368
Basdek-grape Juice Pudding
In a mixing bowl combine the cornstarch with one cup of the water.
Gradually stir in the remaining cup of water.
Strain and set aside.
Place the grape juice in a saucepan.
Bring to boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and very slowly add the starch mixture,... - 36.0068
Scrub the clams thoroughly.
Cut the beef in paper-thin slices.
Brown in the oil.
Add the sesame seeds, garlic, soy sauce, water, and chili peppers.
Bring to a boil.
Cook over low heat 30 minutes.
Add the clams; cook until clams open. - 38.376
Pack okra firmly into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
Put a garlic clove and half a pepper in each jar.
Combine water, vinegar, salt and dill seed and bring to a boil.
Pour hot liquid over okra, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
Remove air bubbles.
Adjust... - 34.7831
Beans With Breast Of Lamb
Cover beans with 4 cups water, bring to boil, and boil for 2 minutes.
Cover pan and let stand for 1 hour.
Brown lamb in oil and put in 3-quart casserole.
Add onion and 1 cup hot water.
Cover and bake in preheated moderate oven (350°F.) for 1 hour.
Pour off... - 37.9239
Fluffy Boiled Rice
1. Wash the rice in cold water. Add the salt to the boiling water and add the rice so slowly that the water never stops boiling. A few drops of lemon juice, or 1/2 tablespoon vinegar may be added to keep the rice snow white.
2. Simmer, but do not stir; cook... - 25.6207
Pot Roasted Breast Of Lamb Rose
Brown meat on all sides in heavy kettle.
Pour off fat and sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
Add broth, cover, and simmer for 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
Dissolve jelly in the boiling water.
Add wine and parsley; pour over meat.
Simmer for about 15... - 38.1759
Spicy Sweet Corn Curry
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the curry leaves and onions and fry until soft. Lower the heat slightly and add the ground coriander, ginger, garlic, chilli powder and salt and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add the sweetcorn and fry for about 5 minutes or... - 31.4147
15 Minute Tuna Curry
Cook onion, green pepper, and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter till tender but not brown.
Stir in sour cream and seasonings.
Drain tuna and break in bite-size pieces; add.
Heat slowly stirring often, just till hot.
Serve over hot rice dotted with raisins. - 34.3014
1) Peel mango, and slice the flesh into small chunks.
2) Heat some water, and sprinkle it with gelatin to make it fluffy.
3) Stir to dissolve it completely, then combine with all other ingredients, including mango.
4) Pour into 6... - 39.9382
Breast Of Lamb
Cut breast of lamb into serving-sized pieces; spread in a shallow casserole or baking pan; season generously with salt and pepper.
Place a slice of lemon on each piece of meat; sprinkle onion over all.
Bake, uncovered, in a hot oven (450°) 30 minutes to... - 39.0554
Sauteed Broccoli With Spring Onions
1)In boiling water blanch broccoli for 4-5 minutes then drain and refresh thoroughly.
2)In a skillet, heat butter with oil and add broccoli, spring onions and garlic and... - 44.018
1) Cut the meat in 1 inch cubes.
2) Season with salt and meat.
3) In a casserole, heat oil, brown the meat and onions.
4) Add water, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until tender.
5) Add bananas and cook for 10 minutes more. - 36.0139
Have the fish filleted and cut into serving-sized pieces.
Wash and dry.
Pound together the salt, chili peppers, black pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, and onions.
Heat the oil in a skillet; saute the onion mixture for 3 minutes.
Add the lemon... - 41.5281
Peel and quarter the onion, peel and core the apple, then chop both finely using the double-bladed chopping knife.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan and fry the onion and apple gently for a few minutes.
Stir in the flour, curry powder, spices and... - 39.6246
Melt the butter in a saucepan and fry the onions gently for 5 minutes without browning. Stir in the curry powder and fry it for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the flour and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the... - 31.1584
Mango Berry Pudding
1. Preheat covered barbecue to a medium heat. Line base of a lightly greased ovenproof dish with bread slices. Top with one-quarter of the mangoes, one-quarter of the blueberries and one-quarter of the raspberries, then sprinkle with one-quarter of the brown... - 36.776
Indonesian Fish Curry
1)In a bowl, mix Maggi Coconut Milk Powder in 1 1/2 cups warm water and set it aside.
2)Heat oil in a karahi, fry the fish till it golden brown taking care that the fish pieces do not disintegrate.
3)Heat a different pan with 2 tablespoons oil. Fry... - 45.2687
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Cream butter until fluffy; add sugar gradually, beating well after each addition.
Mix in carrots, egg, vanilla, spices, and orange rind.
Sift flour with baking powder and salt and beat in gradually.
Drop from a teaspoon 1 1/2" apart... - 42.078
Fish Bolle Curry
1) Discard the bones from fish and reserve bones and skin.
2) Cut fish into small pieces, wash, and dry well.
3) Chop garlic, ginger and onions finely or pound together.
4) Using a mincer mince green chillies, and curry leaves.
5) Divide... - 45.3202
Indonesian Fish Curry
Cut fish into pieces, sprinkle with salt and coat with the flour.
Peel and slice onion.
Peel, core and slice apple and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
Heat the butter and oil in a flameproof casserole.
Add curry powder and onion and fry for 5 minutes.
Add fish... - 46.7794
Tasty Fish Curry
1) Score the fish evenly on both sides and rub with a mixture of turmeric and salt.
2) Pour over the vinegar and allow to stand for 1 hour.
3) In a skillet, saute the onions, garlic, ginger and chili peppers in the oil for 3 minutes.
4)... - 46.3304
1. Cut cabbage into 6 wedges.
2. Into a large saucepan Put 2 tablespoons drippings brown salt pork and onions and remove from pan.
3. Add remaining drippings and beef and brown.
4. Add salt pork, onions, water, bouillon cubes, paprika,... - 43.5318
Garden Variety Dip
1. In a non-metallic bowl, add yogurt.
2. Whisk with a fork or wire whisk until it is smooth and creamy.
3. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste.
4. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours, to chill and intensify the... - 39.0587
Indonesian Fish Curry
1) Rinse the fillets. Pat dry on a kitchen towel.
2) Slice the fillets into pieces. Sprinkle salt and dredge in a bowl of flour.
3) Sprinkle lemon juice over the sliced apple.
4) In a casserole, heat the butter and oil. Add in curry powder and saute... - 45.9626
Fish Curry Green
1. Clean and cut fish. Wash again. Apply salt.
2. Grind coconut, cumin, fennel, three-fourths of the garlic, ginger, turmeric and green chillies. When almost done, add coriander.
3. Add juice of 1/2 lemon.
4. Heat oil and fry 2-3 cloves and crushed garlic,... - 39.5892
Fish Curry Maharashtra
1. Clean fish and slice.
2. Grind red chillies, slice onions, slit green chillies.
3. Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out the pulp. Strain.
4. Grate the coconut. Prepare 2 extracts of the coconut milk the first thick (about 1 cup), and the second thin... - 48.5294
Bengal Fish Curry
1. Roast and grind together cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and cumin.
2. Clean, wash and cut fish.
3. Grind together chillies, turmeric and part of the salt.
4. Smear fish with ground spices; shallow fry.
5. Chop coriander leaves. Grind together chilli powder,... - 47.2247
Indian Style Fish Curry
1) Make the fish into fillets and cut into serving-sized pieces. Wash the pieces, dry and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, pound together the salt, chili peppers, black pepper, coriander, cumin, turmeric, garlic, and onions.
3) In a skillet,... - 48.2706
Burmese Fish Curry
We were served this fish curry at a local roadside restaurant on the way to the Shan state. The tomato gravy with tender fish and fresh coriander made the lengthy car journey worthwhile. When we were back in Yangon, I asked my cousin for the recipe. She... - 41.3368
In a heavy skillet saute the onion in hot butter for a few minutes.
Stir in the flour and saute until a light golden color.
Pour in the chicken stock and stir until thickened and smooth.
Add the seasonings.
Stir in the egg yolks, mushrooms, mushroom liquid... - 40.6579
Easy Fish Curry
If you are bored of grilled fish, here is an easy fish curry recipe to enjoy your fish. The array of spices and ingredients used in the curry recipe is what makes the dish so very unique and delicious. It’s very simple to make, fry the spices and blend it... - 123.191
Tuna With Coconut Curry Sauce
1. In a bowl, mix coconut milk, tamarind concentrate, and curry paste; stir in cilantro.
2. Rinse tuna, pat dry, and turn over in coconut milk sauce. Lift out fish; save the sauce.
3. Pour sauce into a 1- to 1 1/2-quart pan; bring to a boil over high heat,... - 34.1119
Boiled Lamb With Dill Sauce
Trim the lamb and put in a saucepan with the seasonings, bay leaf and sprigs of dill.
Add about 1 1/4 litres (2 pints) water and bring to the boil.
Remove any scum from the surface, cover and simmer gently for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Drain the... - 43.619
Classic Asian Recipes By Category