- » Clarified Soup
Clarified Soup Recipes
Enjoy our collection of clarified soup recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for clarified soup recipes.
Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low about 10 hours.
Clarify soup by pouring it through several layers of cheesecloth.
Skim off fat.
Serve very hot. - 30.9567
Onion Soup With Port
Place the beef shanks in a large pan and add the chopped onions, water, salt, and bay leaf.
Bring mixture to a boil; cover and simmer for about 2 1/2 hours.
Discard bones and fat; set meat aside.
Strain broth; discard onions, bay leaf.
If desired, clarify the... - 41.2932
Heat stock to boiling in a medium saucepan.
Heat butter in a small skillet until bubbly; stir in rice.
Cook and stir rice until lightly browned; stir into boiling stock.
Simmer covered until rice is tender (about 25 minutes).
Stir liver, egg yolk, and parsley... - 35.2209
Brown Soup Stock
Have butcher crack bones, and cut meat in if cubes.
Put 2 tablesp marrow in kettle and brown 1/3 of the meat in it over low heat, turning to brown on all sides.
Add remaining meat and water, and boil" 10 min., uncovered.
Remove scum and simmer, partially... - 39.5761
Put all ingredients in soup kettle.
Cover, bring slowly to rapid boil and skim off any surface scum.
Lower heat, cover and simmer 2 hours.
Strain and boil to reduce to 2 quarts or less, as desired.
Jar, cool, cover and refrigerate.
Remove fat and clarify... - 36.3077
Heat stock to boiling.
Mix cornstarch thoroughly with yogurt; stir into stock.
Simmer, stirring rapidly, until stock mixture thickens slightly (about 4 minutes).
Taste; add lemon juice if needed for tartness.
Melt butter; stir in paprika.
Spoon butter mixture... - 33.6304
We all have our favorite recipe for vegetable soup made with meat stock.
Some prefer to make it using many onions, others like shredded cabbage in abundance.
All have learned to use whatever vegetables are handy.
Here is a simple recipe in which you may vary... - 34.4416
Heat broth to boiling.
To clarify it, stir in the egg white, and bring mixture to a boil.
Pour soup through a moistened muslin cloth; discard egg white and return clarified broth to the pan.
Bring again to a boil and add wine, sugar, and lemon juice.
Add salt... - 31.121
Combine all ingredients and simmer, covered, 1 hr.
Strain and clarify, if desired; see To Clarify Brown or White Soup Stock. - 31.7437
1. In a large pan, tip in the olive oil and the clarified butter
2. Add the mirepoix, shallots, and the 3 cloves of garlic, halved
3. Sauté gently until golden
4. Deglaze the pan by adding white wine and stirring the pan
5. Add the red wine, port and... - 46.7552
Combine broth and egg white in saucepan.
Bring barely to a simmer, without stirring.
Definitely do not boil.
Allow to cool about 10 minutes undisturbed.
Strain through a cheesecloth in a sieve.
Add champagne and bitters.
Bring just to boil.
Melt gelatine in... - 45.9548
Chorba Lsan Tair - Orzo Meat Soup
This morning I went to the farmer's market and I got super fresh vegetables. So I thought of making a soup especially that Ramadan is coming up. We are going to make a very popular soup in Morocco called "Chorba Lsan Tair". "Chorba" means soup, "Lsan Tair"... - 131.119
Spinach Soup With Lamb Patties
Spinach Soup With Lamb Patties is an amazingly delicious appetizer recipe. Try this Spinach Soup With Lamb Patties recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 43.0719
Classic Cream Of Chicken Soup
1. Place the chicken leg, the broth, and 2 cups of water in a large soup pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat and skim off any foam that rises to the surface. Add the onion, bay leaf, parsley stems, and sage. (You can tie these in a bundle with cotton twine... - 30.5044
Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan and place the mustard in it.
When it splutters add the turmeric and the other seasoning ingredients.
Stir fry for 30 seconds.
Then add the water slowly.
When the water comes to a boil, lower the flame and add the rye flour... - 42.3206
Indian Lentil And Vegetable Soup
Want a vegetarian protein rich soup for your diet? Chef Manjula has a lentil and vegetable soup from Indian cuisine. She uses a pressure cooker for quick boiling. The best part of the recipe is its seasoning; using whole cumin seeds gives a nice flavor to... - 126.087
Wild Mushroom Soup
1.In a pan, put crepes, add Madeira and enough hot water so as to soak capers.
2.Leave for 20-30 minutes.
3.Strain and keep the the soaking liquid content aside.
4.Wash the crepes with cold water and cut.
5.In a sauce pan, on a medium... - 46.8822
Heat beef stock to boiling point.
To clarify it, stir in the egg white, and bring mixture to a boil; strain through a moistened muslin cloth, discard egg white, and return clarified stock to the pan.
Bring again to a boil, and add wine, sugar, and lemon... - 30.3186
Indian Tomato Pappu
If you are looking for a unique recipe to cook lentil soup for tonight, then try this one. It is a simple preparation of lentils with plenty of tomatoes, which serves as rich source of vitamin c and vegetable protein. The soup is really delicious and you... - 121.093
1. Cook the gram and turmeric in half the amount of water till the gram is tender. Drain and mash. Add salt and keep it aside. Heat clarified butter. Add finely chopped garlic and cumin and fry till the cumin is brown. Pour this into the prepared dal. Add the... - 31.0254
Put the stock into a saucepan, add the beets and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
Strain the soup through a sieve lined with wet cheesecloth.
Season to taste.
Chill the borscht and serve topped with sour cream. - 25.0406
Saute onion in bacon drippings and clarified butter in large saucepan until tender.
Saute until tender.
Saute until tender.
Stir in beef consomme and tomato puree; reduce heat.
Bring to a simmer, skimming surface.
Cook beets in 3... - 46.0051
1. In a heavy big pot with clarified butter, sautÃ© garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Stir in thyme and celery, and sautÃ© for 3 more minutes.
2. Sprinkle a little flour and then, slowly add water to the vegetables. Using a whisk, break flour... - 46.5634
Rasam is a south Indian soup often served for lunch or dinner as the second main course .Pineapple rasam is an exotic and aromatic variety popular in many region. This delicious and aromatic rasam also is known to be excellent for digestion so it serve hot... - 121.153
Clarified broths called consommés have been in use since the Middle Ages, taking many forms from simple soups, to displays of excess made from the meat of a wide variety of less-common animals.
A special type of consommé that was boiled solely with tendons... - 43.0442
Butternut Squash Consomme With Leek Ravioli
1. Slice off the narrow neck portion of both squash, about the top 5 inches. Halve the neck portions crosswise, peel and cut into 1-inch cubes. Set all but 2 of the cubes aside. Cut the 2 reserved cubes into 1/4-inch dice for garnish and set aside... - 47.4333
Jellied Beef Bouillon
Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 min.
Add to heated soup stock, and stir until dissolved.
Add remaining ingredients, and chill until set.
Beat with a fork, and serve in bouillon cups garnished with minced chives, parsley or pimiento. - 23.4233
1. Place the chicken stock and sherry in a large saucepan and heat gently for 5 minutes.
2. Add the egg whites and the egg shells to the chicken stock and whisk until the mixture begins to boil.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to subside... - 29.4456
Simple Beef Stock
Put the bones into a large saucepan, then add the other ingredients and the bouquet garni tied together and cover with cold water. Bring slowly to the boil, skim the surface well, then simmer very gently, half-covered, for 4 to 5 hours (very slow simmering... - 31.5731
Soak bones and 1/2 the meat in the water in a kettle for 1 hr.
Brown the rest of the meat in a small amount of fat, and add to the kettle.
Simmer for 3 hours.
Add the vegetables and seasonings and simmer 2 hours longer.
Strain, cool, and clarify.
Meat stock... - 34.3993
Basic Fish Stock Using Dry White Wine
If necessary, remove gills, break large bones, and cut fish to fit into a 5-quart Dutch oven.
Add water, carrots, celery, onions, wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt, peppers, and bay leaves.
Bring to boiling, and then reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, about 15... - 38.5031
Clean the head well and soak in water for 2 hr Place in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients and almost cover with cold water.
Boil for about 3 hr or until quite tender.
Take out the head and remove all the flesh.
Put the bones back into the liquid and... - 31.5365
Coconut Dumplings And Vegetable Stew
Cover the yellow and brown chick-peas with plenty of cold water to cover and leave them to soak for 12 hours.
Pound the ingredients for the green spice paste in a mortar, or puree them in a food processor or in batches in a blender, and... - 44.755
1. In a stockpot combine together chicken pieces, salt, celery, carrots and pepper; add water, onion and whole clove; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour or till chicken is tender.
3. Remove the chicken pieces... - 39.3466
1. In stockpot place veal, celery, carrots, 10 cups water and salt; stud each onion quarter with a clove and add to the pot.
2. Place parsley, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme on an 8-inch square of cheesecloth; bring up edges and tie with thread and add to... - 41.4454
1. Remove all fat from the chicken and the lamb
2. Clean the vegetables. Cut them into 4 pieces each without peeling
3. Place all the ingredients for the stock in a large stock pot with 5 liters of cold water and boil over moderate heat.... - 41.8803
I am in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia! My friend Eman is treating us for an amazing Saudi dish: Saleeg! Roasted chicken over porridge-like rice mixture... one word: DELICIOUS! - 120.406
Chef Robert Wiedmaier, from Brasserie Beck in Washington DC, makes Beef Carbonnade. - 110.585
1. In a large pan, combine water and beef soup bones along with onion; carrots; celery; tomato, if desired; peppercorns; parsley; bay leaf; garlic; and salt; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 5 hours.
3. Remove the... - 42.3683
Country Style Jellied Pork Shoulder
Fit meat and bones into a deep Dutch oven, cutting the shoulder pork into chunks if necessary.
Add warm tap water and salt.
Don't worry if meats are not covered with water.
Bring to boil and skim.
Add remaining ingredients except gelatine, and cover.
Simmer 3... - 39.1824
Bring the stock to a boil.
Mix the chicken and vegetables together in a large saucepan, then mix in the egg whites and shells.
Gradually pour in the stock, beating all the time, then bring to a boil, still beating.
Immediately when boiling point is reached,... - 41.9663
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Bone pieces of chicken breast. (This is quite easy, just cut as close as possible to the bones with a sharp pointed knife, loosening meat carefully, so it comes off in one piece. Save bones and any bits of flesh left on them to make soup stock.) You will end... - 41.1077
1. In a stockpot place the beef bones, chicken pieces, or ham bones along with bay leaves, garlic, quartered onions, whole peppercorns, celery leaves, parsley, salt, and basil or thyme.
2. Add the cold water and 2 or 3 of the vegetable peelings,... - 42.2089
Basic Beef Stock
In 10-quart Dutch oven combine bones, quartered onions, celery leaves, parsley, peppercorns, bay leaves, garlic, salt, and thyme or basil.
Add 10 cups water and 2 or 3 of the vegetable trimmings, using only approximate measures for trimmings.
Bring to... - 38.6565
Curried Vegetables With Dahi
Rinse the lentils or split peas.
Lentils cook faster and absorb less water than split peas, so use 4 cups of water for lentils, 5 cups of water for split peas.
In a covered saucepan, bring the water and lentils or peas to a boil.
Reduce the heat, uncover, and... - 45.2553
Chapati is a staple in much of India and Pakistan, and also in other parts of SE Asia and Africa as well. It is often made fresh for each meal and even children learn to make this basic and easy bread. Often, the finished chapatis are brushed with ghee... - 43.9602
Momo-cha (nepali Meat Dumplings)
How to make Momo-cha (Nepali Meat Dumplings) recipe by Tulsi Regmi is simply amazing! If you have ever eaten these you will surely delight in just reading the recipe and dreaming of the remembered taste. I hav made these with hand minced goat and also lamb... - 60.1191