- » Clam Mussel Olive Oil
Clam Mussel Olive Oil Recipes
Enjoy our collection of clam mussel olive oil recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for clam mussel olive oil recipes.
Fire-roasted Clams And Mussels
This is the most affordable seafood dish around, with a flavor fit for a king. Clams and mussels done over the open flame are every bit as easy as on the stove top, but taste that much better when roasted outdoors. Make sure there’s plenty of crusty bread... - 31.3487
Clams And Mussels In Fennel Sauce
1. Scrub clams and mussels well under cold running water with a vegetable brush. Discard any open shells that will not close when tapped.
2. In a nonreactive large frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until... - 28.7661
Mussels & Clams In Spicy White Wine Herb Broth
1. Chop garlic, parsley, oregano and anchovy fillets together.
2. Heat some oil in a skillet and saute chopped ingredients. Stir for a while.
3. Add mussels and clams into the skillet.
4. Pour in white wine.
5. Sprinkle red pepper... - 112.704
Mussels And Clams Fra Diavolo
1. With stiff brush, scrub clams and mussels with running cold water to remove any sand; remove beards from mussels.
2. In 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over high heat, heat water to boiling; add clams; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and... - 33.8473
Linguine With Steamed Clams And Mussels
1. Scrub clam and/or mussel shells after soaking them in cold water for 5 minutes.
2. Cook linguine in a pot with boiling water along with salt until it is firm, but nor hard. Drain and keep aside.
3. Add clams and/or mussels to a large pot with lid... - 41.4277
Clam And Mussel Chowder
1. Soak live clams in cold salted water for 3 hours or more but change the water at least twice in the 3 hours.
2. Scrub the shells and remove the beards of the mussels.
3. Dice the bacon and finely chip the onion, garlic, parsley and... - 45.7086
Tagliarini With Sea Bass Clams Mussels And Brown Shrimps
1. Take a large frying pan, add 1 tbsp oil and heat. Mix in half of the garlic, cook for a minute, add tomatoes, stir and simmer the mixture for 10 min or till thick.
2. Take 2 saucepans with lid, place on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil in each and... - 44.7876
How To Make Grilled Clams And Mussels
If you are searching for some simple appetizer recipe to serve in your barbeque party, then watch this video. Grilled seafood platter is a perfect delicacy, which can be prepared within 10 minutes. With the addition of some fresh herbs, it becomes more... - 125.414
Mussels marinara is one of the simplest Italian seafood recipe. Mussels are tossed in a tangy tomato and clam juice sauce to make perfect Gourmet Mussels Marinana. This delicious dish makes everybody licking their fingers, asking for more. - 35.8613
North Coast-style Ravioli With Mussels
You got to definitely try this North Coast-Style Ravioli With Mussels dish. If you love mussels or ravioli or both, the look no further, here is one North Coast-Style Ravioli With Mussels recipe which will delight you. Happy eating! - 33.1607
Mussels With Sambuca And Fresh Basil
Mussels in brodo is always a crowd pleaser and this is a great twist on the classic preparation with white wine. The Anisette and basil pair very well together and the acidity in the tomatoes balances well with the shellfish. You can omit the butter is need... - 33.3814
Mussel Soup With Macaroni (sopa De Almejas Y Macarrones)
Thoroughly scrub the mussels, then dry them.
Heat the oil and butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
Add the mussels, and continue to heat until they open.
When the shells open, remove the mussels.
Pour their liquid back into the... - 45.0826
Sauteed Mussels In Tomato Wine Broth
1. Heat oil in an 8-quart or larger pot with lid over medium-low heat. Add fennel, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until fennel is tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring,
2 minutes. Stir in wine, clam... - 35.1059
Steamed Mussels And Tilapia Tempura With Shirachi Mayonnaise
Chef Tony Clark makes four seafood dishes that can also be found at his restaurant in Cape May, NJ. Chef Victor Orsini comes on to talk about the seafood available for home delivery from Rastelli Direct, and Eugene Engel brings a great wine. - 112.706
Mussels In Saffron Tomato Broth
Mussels In Saffron Tomato Broth ! Can there be a better mussles preparation than this ? I love this irresistibly seasoned seafood with some really tangy sauces. Try this Mussels In Saffron Tomato Broth and let me know if you like it ! - 45.3452
Chicken And Mussel Cioppino
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once or twice, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
2. Add leeks, fennel, bell pepper, and garlic to pot. Reduce... - 19.8321
Mussels In Pilaf
1. With stiff brush, scrub mussels with running cold water to remove any sand; remove beards.
2. In 8-quart Dutch oven over high heat, heat wine, basil, and parsley to boiling. Add mussels; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring... - 35.5398
Basque Steamed Mussels
1. Place red and green peppers in a 10-by 15-inch pan. Broil about 4 inches from heat until pepper skins are charred and blistered all over, turning as needed, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool. Pull off and discard skins, stems, and seeds. Chop red and green peppers... - 32.4977
Spaghetti With Mussels Scallops And Shrimp
Heat oil in 4- or 5-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and saute until lightly golden.
Add garlic and saute an additional 30 seconds.
Stir in wine, basil and marjoram and cook 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, increase heat and boil 5 minutes.
Reduce heat... - 42.0854
Penne With Mussels And Shrimp
1) Take a large non-stick saucepan and heat oil in it. Add red pepper flakes and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until garlic begins to become colored.
2) Add parsley, tomatoes, mint and basil. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Reduce the heat and... - 45.4626
Saffron Risotto With Mussels And Bottarga
1. In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of the fish stock to a simmer. Transfer the fish stock to a measuring cup and crumble in the saffron threads.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the smashed garlic and cook over moderate heat... - 33.0848
Steamed Mussels With Tomatoes & Garlic
Preheat a 2- or 3-quart saute pan over medium-high heat until rim of pan is hot-to-the-touch.
Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the oil and wait for about 1 more minute.
Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown (3 to 5... - 40.1507
Linguine With Shrimp And Clams
Cook in boiling water until firm to the bite (al dente).
Drain, set aside.
Boil in a small amount of water just until pink, drain, and cut into small pieces.
Cut into small pieces and place in boiling water for 1 minute.
Drain and set aside.
Heat... - 42.7931
Planning to go to Italy? Do try the hot and tasty Cippino stew. An Italian specialty, the stew is made by using clams, scallop, shrimp, mussels and fish. Watch the video and try it all by yourself! - 113.589
Mexilhoes De Aveiro
Wash and scrub mussels thoroughly and then rinse in several waters to make sure they are free of all sand and particles.
Chop onion and brown lightly in hot olive oil in a heavy skillet.
Add mussels and cover tightly to allow them to steam, shaking pan from... - 40.9502
Pasta With Thai Basil Lemongrass And Clams
1. Wash and clean the clams of external dirt. Soak them for four hours in salted cold water and change the water regularly or atleast twice during the four hours.
2. Wash the basil leaves and shred them into half pieces.
3. Crush the... - 46.4861
Zuppa Di Vongole
1. In a medium sized, heavy bottomed pan heat olive oil, add garlic and cook over moderate heat for about 30 seconds, stirring in between.
2. Pour in the wine, add tomatoes and bring it to a boil.
3. Lower the heat and cook it for 10 minutes, covering... - 43.0861
1. In a heavy big pot with clarified butter, sautÃ© garlic and onions for 2 minutes. Stir in thyme and celery, and sautÃ© for 3 more minutes.
2. Sprinkle a little flour and then, slowly add water to the vegetables. Using a whisk, break flour... - 46.0944
Clams "a How-to Guide"
Clams "A How-To Guide" educates us on the various types of clams available and their uses. Depending on the properties of the clam, they can be used for making appropriate recipes. Like other mussels, clams should also be checked for safe consumption, and... - 38.1395
Bouillabaisse With Green Olives
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot.
Add the leeks and onions and cook over medium heat, covered, until the vege tables are tender and lightly colored, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add tomato puree, tomatoes, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, wine,... - 41.2454
Place the clams and mussels in a large nonalu-minum pot, add the water, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook gently just until the shells open, 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove the clams and mussels to a bowl and cover.
Strain the broth through a double thickness... - 45.187
1. In a large kettle heat the oil, add the celery, onion, garlic, leek, thyme and bay leaf and cook five minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, clam juice, wine, fennel, saffron, salt, pepper and parsley and simmer fifteen minutes.
3. Add the seafood and cook fifteen... - 36.4424
Salmon With Corn Chorizo Ragu
Watch Chef James Taylor making a unique salmon recipe with an outstanding presentation. This video shows a great way to impress your guests with your excellent culinary skills. See this wonderful video that would surely share an amazing cooking experience. - 102.206
Zuppa Di Pesce
1 ln a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the leeks, fennel, garlic, salt, and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until the leeks are softened. Add the stock, wine, tomatoes, thyme, saffron if using, and bay leaf... - 33.4677
Am El Jo As Portuguesas
Saute garlic lightly in oil.
When hot, add clams.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with tight lid and steam until clams open.
Add lemon juice and parsley.
Then shake pan to distribute and leave over heat for a few minutes longer. - 34.8404
Heat one-third of olive oil in a large frying pan, and add scrubbed and dried mussels or clams or other shellfish.
Cover and cook until shells open.
Discard any that do not.
Transfer to a bowl, and allow to cool.
In same pan, cook the squid for 20 min., or... - 43.7823
Spaghetti Con Le Cozze O Vongole
Wash the shellfish under running water, scraping the shells with a sharp knife or scourer if necessary.
Put them in a large pan with a little water over a gentle heat until they open.
Keep the water but strain it to remove any particles of grit.
Heat the oil... - 35.1142
Halve garlic and saute it lightly in oil.
When hot, add clams which have been thoroughly rinsed in several waters.
Season with salt and pepper.
Cover with tight lid and steam until clams open.
Add lemon juice and parsley.
Then shake pan to distribute and... - 38.7996
Risotto Di Frutti Di Mare
Steam mussels and clams in 2 cups water with 1 tablespoon parsley.
Remove from shells.
Strain juices and set aside for later use.
Brown onion, garlic and celery in 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Add mussels, clams and shrimp.
Cook about 2... - 42.7182
Frutta Di Mare Pasta
Examine mussels, discard any that are cracked or not tightly closed.
Scrub mussels thoroughly under running water, pulling out and discarding fiberlike "beards" from between shells.
Scrub clams and place in cold water to cover until ready to use.
Heat oil in... - 41.3769
1. Cut fish into bite-sized pieces
2. Shell shrimp, lobster or crab if desired
3. Scrub clams, mussels, oysters or lobster claws well
4. Heat oil, saute onions, shallots and garlic about 10 minutes
5. Add liquid, tomatoes and seasonings,... - 45.2597
Cioppino is a mixed fish stew that originates from Italy. This cioppino recipe is cooked with added seafood along with red wine. Parsleyed to taste along with garlic and onions, the cioppino can be served with dinner bread rolls or rice. - 46.9403
Put fish, shellfish, pork, and chicken in a large pot with 7 cups of water.
Simmer until chicken and pork are tender.
Strain liquid through a sieve.
Remove bones from chicken and shells from shellfish.
Heat olive oil in a large pan.
Fry chicken and shellfish... - 44.3471
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Brown pork and sausage pieces.
As pieces brown, remove to a large (3 quart) casserole or roasting pan.
Rub chicken with thyme and garlic.
Brown on all sides in oil; remove chicken to casserole.
Add onion & pimiento to pan... - 45.3913
Scrub mussels or clams under running water.
Discard any that are broken or not tightly closed.
Place wine and mussels or clams in a large, heavy based pot with a lid over medium-high heat.
Cook, shaking pan frequently, until shells open, 4-5 minutes.
Remove... - 46.6087
Arroz Con Mejillones Y Almejas
Heat cleaned mussels and clams over a moderate fire; shake pan occasionally until they open.
Remove shells, put shellfish aside, and strain the juice through a kitchen towel.
Measure juice and put it aside.
Put to boil in a separate pot enough water to make a... - 40.4865
Cut lobster tails (with shells) into 2 inch cubes.
Remove legs from shrimp.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet and saute' the lobster, shrimp and scallops for 3 to 4 minutes.
Saute the pork, green pepper, onion and garlic in the... - 44.4994
Heat the olive oil in a pan and put in the anchovies.
Add garlic after cooking the anchovies for about 3 minutes.
The mix should be quite aromatic by now.
Put in the bay leaves, onions, celery and bell pepper plus 1/2 of the.
seasoning mix and saute for 6-8... - 45.9075
Cioppino And Garlic Bread
This fish should be a firm-fleshed one, like sea bass, rockfish, or even shark.
Have it cut into good-size pieces.
Have shrimps shelled and cleaned, the crab cleaned and cracked, the clams scrubbed.
If there are no clams, use mussels, cockles, or oysters.
To... - 47.2332
1) Cut the white fish into serving size pieces and scrub and rinse the mussels or clams.
2) In a casserole, cook the onion, pepper, celery, garlic and olive oil in the microwave for 6 minutes or until the onion is soft.
3) Mash the... - 45.5306
1. Start by cutting lobster tails with shells into 2-inch cube, also remove legs from shrimp
3. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then saute
4. Saute the pork, green pepper, onion and garlic in the remaining 2 tablespoons... - 44.3708
With kitchen shears, break center of ribs on belly side of lobster shell.
Loosen meat from shell with fingers, leaving meat attached near tail fins.
Shell and devein shrimp.
Scrub clams and mussels.
Soak mussels in cold water 30 minutes to remove salty... - 42.5163
Paella is an irresistible recipe that you simply can't resist. Try this Paella dish; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 44.8982
One of the easiest ways to prepare a easy, quick and delicious dinner at home is to whomp up simple, healthy paella. Juan Montalvo shows how to cook up this Spanish delicacy using seafood, sausage, spices, veggies and saffron. To trim down this recipe, you... - 103.238
Cover the cleaned fish and shellfish with cold water (or fish stock if you have it).
The amount of liquid should be no less than 5 cups.
Bring it to a boil and.simmer until the fish is cooked through and the mollusks have all opened.
Strain fish and set... - 43.4191
1) Cut the chicken into 6 pieces.
2) Take off the wing tips and place in a large saucepan, keeping the chicken aside.
3) To the pan, add the chicken trimmings, 4 cloves garlic, the bouquet garni, water, and salt and pepper and allow boil.
4) Place a... - 46.8264
Mom's Classic Paella
1. In a frying pan, lightly broil the saffron on a very low flame, until they turn darn and fragrant.
2. Remove into a small mortar and crush into a powder.
3. Transfer to a small bowl and soak in wine for 30 minutes or more to be used... - 42.3111
Classic French Bouillabaisse
1. Cut the lobsters lengthwise and de-vein them.
2. Divide it into pieces without removing the shell.
3. Cut the mackerel, perch and the eel into 1 inch sized pieces.
4. Clean the mussels and clams by dusting the sand from them.
5. Take a... - 47.4722
Grilled North Atlantic Yellow Fin Tuna Loin
Nothing like a grilled fish accompanied by a flavorful sauce. Take a look at this wonderful video that shows an excellent recipe for North Atlantic yellow fin tuna loin with corn, potato and smoked tomato sauce. The video is a must watch as it shows a great... - 107.71
The fish soup is a flavorful dish using fresh seafood; even though it's a bit complicated, its unique taste is definitely worth the effort! - 136.427
For the basil-onion mixture, in a small bowl, add the chopped basil, onions, garlic, orange zest (if using), and salt.
Mix together and moisten with a small amount of olive oil.
For the risotto, in a 6 to 8 quart (6 to 8 1) high-sided pot, saute... - 45.0611
The bouillabasse is a special recipe made with sea fish and flavored with saffron. A delcicately flavored and wonderfully balanced reciep, the boillabase has saffron as a hallmark ingredient and is cooked with vegetables like tomatoes and onions and flavored... - 47.5993
Mediterranean Seafood Salad
In a large saucepan, bring the white wine to the boil, add the mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the mussels have opened.
Remove the mussels from the pan and set aside, reserving the liquid.
Discard any that remain closed.
Shell the mussels when... - 46.5179
Linguine With Mixed Seafood
Cook in boiling water until al dente (firm to the bite).
Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
Combine and heat in saucepan for approx 5 minutes on a medium heat.
Add fresh seafood, cover, and cook just until done and shells open.
Do not... - 41.1161
The seafood spaghetti can be found on almost every Italian restaurant menu, in a number of variants: Sonia's version is made with mussels, clams, squids and scampi! - 125.618
Pasta Shells With Seafood Tomato Sauce
Place clams and mussels in a large bowl, and cover with cold water.
Sprinkle with cornmeal; let stand 30 minutes.
Drain and rinse.
Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; add olive oil, and place over medium heat until hot.
Add onion, bell pepper, and... - 39.2726
Heat oil in a large pot.
Add onion and garlic.
Saute until tender.
Add tomatoes and juice, wine, tomato juice and broth to onion.
In a cheesecloth bag, tie together bay leaf, basil and thyme; add bag and salt to pot.
Simmer 10 minutes.
Crack top shell of... - 45.1846
Seafood Pasta (pasta Con Frutte Del Mare) (pescatore)
Add the evoo to the saut� pan and bring it to almost smoking point.
Add the diced tomatoes and toss lightly.
Add the garlic to the tomatoes and toss lightly.
Add the clams and mussels and white wine, cover the saut� pan.
Let the clams and mussels... - 43.4463
Classic Shellfish Stew
Coat a large saucepan with no-stick spray; add the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and saute for 1 minute.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 3 minutes, or until the onions and garlic become very soft.
Add the tomatoes, wine or clam juice, pars... - 39.2534
Ham Seafood Paella
Put the oil in a large pot and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and saffron, pour over the boiling stock (broth), add seasoning, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
Stir in the peas, prawns (shrimp), chicken... - 40.045
Linguine With Mixed Seafood
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook linguine 8 to 10 minutes until al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce, in a large saucepan, bring tomato sauce, clam juice, olive oil and white wine to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes.
3. Add... - 39.9552
Capellini With Seafood
1) Cook the capellini al dente in boiling salted water for about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2) In a saucepan, add olive oil and saute tomatoes, garlic and cayenne on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) To the softened tomatoes, add in the scallops,... - 39.2881
Aegean Sea Pasta
Warm the oil in a large no-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
Stir in the tomatoes.
Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
Stir in the clam juice, broth, and tomato... - 44.7317
Shellfish In Red Sauce
Scrub mussels and remove "beard"; scrub clams.
Place shellfish in large pan; add water to cover.
Add salt and soak for 15 minutes; drain and rinse. (Discard "heavy" mussels because they are filled with sand and mud.) In 2-quart casserole, cook onion and... - 42.3464
Italian Seafood Salad
Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.
Place pepper, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.
Broil 10 minutes or until blackened.
Place bell pepper in a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag, and seal; let stand 15... - 42.8305
1. Remove the meat from the lobster. Shell and devein the shrimp. Scrub the clams and mussels.
2. Cut the chicken into medium-sized serving pieces.
3. Combine the oregano, peppercorns, garlic, salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar and mash... - 41.6222
1. Saute onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic in the olive oil or vegetable oil until soft in a kettle or Dutch oven.
2. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper; bring to boiling, then reduce heat; cover; simmer for 2 hours.... - 35.9996
Cioppino With Bread
1 In a kettle or a Dutch oven add olive oil and saute onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic until soft.
2 Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper; heat to boiling.Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours. Discard the... - 42.2425
Asparagus And Shellfish Salad
1. In a pot of boiling water, blanch the asparagus for a couple of minutes.
2. Drain and set aside.
3. In a 4-quart pot, sautÃ© the shallots in the oil for about 4 minutes.
4. Add the stock and vinegar; heat to boiling.
5. Add the clams; cover and... - 47.8784
Italian Mixed Seafood Pasta
What can be more delicious than a pasta cooked with clams, mussels, scallops, calameri and shrimp? If you are drooling at the thought itself, why not then watch this video and learn how to make the delicious Italian seafood pasta. - 120.874
1. In a hot skillet with olive oil, caramelize garlic, onions, peppers, fennel and jalapeno.
2. Add in tomato paste and saute for 4-6 minutes.
3. Add in mussels, clams, tilapia and deglaze with white wine.
4. Once wine is almost gone add in clam and... - 112.196
Tomato & Fish Stew
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook garlic, onion and red or green pepper 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
Add tomatoes, with their juice, breaking up tomatoes with back of a spoon. Stir in clam juice, thyme, black pepper, hot pepper... - 33.0901
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onion. Cook until softened, 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the clam... - 31.2011
Spaghetti Al Cartoccio
Scrub the mussels and clams well with a stiffbrush or pot scourer.
Discard any mussel or clam that is open or has a broken shell.
Put them in a little water over a low heat and cook just until their shells open.
This will make sure that any sand comes out and... - 39.9919
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet or paella pan over medium-low heat until hot.
Add garlic and cook just until garlic sizzles.
Add onions and rice; cook and stir 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
Stir in clam juice, wine, lemon... - 45.6627
1. In nonreactive 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, yellow pepper, garlic, and lemon peel. Cook, stirring, until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Increase heat to high; stir in tomatoes, clam broth, wine, water, salt, and... - 31.1686
Spanish Paella With Belgian-style Wit
Heat oil in large paella pan over medium-low heat until hot. Add garlic and cook just until garlic sizzles. Add onions and rice, cook and stir 10 minutes or until onions are soft. Stir in clam juice, wine, lemon juice, and paprika; mix well. Combine saffron... - 25.5479
Shellfish And Couscous With Fresh Tomatoes
1. In a large pot, bring the water to a boil add a dash of salt and stir in the couscous. Turn off the heat, and cover the pot tightly.
2. In a saute pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, sautÃ© the onion and hot pepper, stirring them often, until... - 45.6579
1) Steam the shrimp until pink for about 2 minutes and make sure you do not overcook. Put aside.
2) Steam the mussels and clams until they open, removing them as they open, about 3 minutes.
3) Ensure that you do not overcook them or they will... - 46.6631
1. With stiff brush, scrub mussels and clams with running cold water; remove beards from mussels. In 8-quart Dutch oven over high heat, to 1 inch boiling water, add mussels and clams; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until shells... - 38.3391
California Shellfish Stew
Heat the oil in a large soup kettle.
Add the onions, peppers and garlic and cook over low heat, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes.
Add fish stock, zinfandel and tomatoes and raise the heat.
Stir in the basil, thyme and bay leaf, and... - 41.4725
Fish Soup With Vermicelli
Wash the fish heads and bones under cold running water.
Scrub the mussels well and wash them in cold water.
Heat the oil in a large kettle and add the leeks, celery, fennel, onion, garlic and parsley.
Cook until the leeks are wilted but not brown.
Add the... - 41.1621
Neptune's Bounty Bouillabaisse
Warm the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the fennel, onions, and garlic.
Cook, stirring often, for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the fennel is soft and tender.
Add the tomatoes, clam juice, water, coconut milk, saffron, and potatoes.
Cook for 15... - 40.7514
Combine the oregano, peppercorns, garlic, salt, two tablespoons of the olive oil and the vinegar and mash with the back of a kitchen spoon or in a mortar.
Rub the chicken with this mixture.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a deep, heavy kettle and brown the... - 44.653
Orange Fennel Cioppino
1. Trim off feathery fennel tops; rinse, drain, wrap airtight, and chill. Trim off and discard base of fennel head, any bruises, and tough stalks. Rinse and thinly slice fennel head.
2. Trim tough tops and roots from leeks; pull off coarse outer layers. Cut... - 38.0427
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet or casserole, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Add and sauté garlic until lightly browned
4. Add onions and rice and sauté for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned.
5. Add... - 47.7611
Easy Paella Valenciana
Cut a plump roasting chicken into pieces.
Heat 2 oz. butter and 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large deep frying pan or a saute pan with 1 crushed clove garlic.
Saute the chicken slowly until golden brown.
Remove chicken and set aside.
Add 14 oz. long-grained... - 42.7693
If using whole lobster, remove tail and claws; cut into 3 or 4 pieces each.
If using lobster tails, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each.
Heat 4 tablespoons of oil in a large paella pan, electric skillet or two 12-inch skillets.
Add lobster pieces.
Saute 3... - 44.9147