- » Cinnamon Basmati Rice
Cinnamon Basmati Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of cinnamon basmati rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for cinnamon basmati rice recipes.
Spiced Basmati Rice
1. Place rice in sieve; rinse under cold water. Transfer to a bowl; add water to cover. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain.
2. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, ginger, cinnamon and bay leaf; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until... - 30.8327
Coconut Basmati Rice
In a heavy saucepan with a tighdy fitting lid, bring the water to a boil.
While the water heats, rinse the rice well.
When the water boils, stir in the rice and all of the remaining ingredients.
Return to a boil.
Stir, cover, reduce the heat to low, and... - 36.9075
Basmati Rice With Chicken And Vegetables
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, and drain it.
2. Place the rice in a saucepan with the cinnamon, cardamoms, peppercorns and 1 tablespoon of the fresh coriander. Add 3 cups of water, salt to taste and the olive oil. Bring to the boil over a high... - 40.1724
Spiced Basmati Rice
1) Wash the rice and keep in a bowl.
2) Add cold water and allow the rice to stand in water for 30 minutes.
3) Drain the rice and keep aside.
4) Take the rice, salt or salt substitute, cinnamon stick, cumin, bay leaf and water in a... - 40.713
Basmati Rice Pilaf
You should definitely try this Basmati Rice Pilaf recipe. Basmati Rice Pilaf is a meal all by itself. Save it for sure! - 26.7546
Curried Basmati Rice And Chicken
1. In a large Dutch oven heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-low heat and sautÃ© onion stirring it often, until it is soft.
2. Add the garlic and gingerroot and saute them, stirring them constantly, such that the garlic is fragrant.
3.... - 47.1426
Fragrant Basmati Pilau
This simple and basic pilau rice is perfect as the base to any Asian curry. The delicious yellow rice is fragrant and lightly spiced and buttery. Preparing pilau using this method is an excellent way of enjoying the taste of basmati rice. The rice comes out... - 86.2769
Fragrant Basmati Rice
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, and stir. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, and let stand 5 minutes. - 32.5515
Basmati Rice Pilaf
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, cover the rice with cold water and stir with your fingers until the water becomes cloudy.
Carefully pour off the water, reserving the rice.
Repeat 2 or 3 times, until the water is almost clear.
Cover with... - 49.1207
Indian Vegetable And Basmati Pulao
Some substitute vegetable pulao for a biryani. However this pulao is much lighter than its rich and heavy counterpart. It is a pulao bursting with flavor of herbs, spices and the basmati rice gives it an irresistible fragrance. Chef Sanjay Thumma uses a rice... - 130.318
Fragrant Basmati Rice
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, and stir.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, and let rice stand 5 minutes. - 32.4316
Perfumed Basmati Rice Swirled With Saffron & Rose Water
In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of water, saffron threads and rose water, if desired.
Cover and set aside.
Rinse rice as instructed, Basic Cooked White Rice
Soak rice in 2 cups of water 30 minutes.
Drain well; reserve soaking water.
In a medium-size... - 44.7723
Korma Gosht Beef Curry With Basmati Rice
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil and sautÃ© onion and garlic over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until light brown.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in ginger, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, and almonds;... - 46.5444
Basmati Rice With Low Fat Chicken Tikka Masala
Chicken tikka masala with basmati rice is a delicious main course dish. The video here shows how to make it and that too by making it with low fat ingredients. Have a look at the video and treat your family and friends with this amazingly delicious low fat... - 119.983
Yellow Fried Rice
Indian recipes uses a lot of spices and this is how it derives it flavors. This sort of a flavorful dish adds zing to even simple dishes like rice. If you want something of this sort, try Manjula's yellow fried rice. She is adding a lot of whole spices for... - 124.933
1) Wash the rice with cold water, continuously change water and wash till water is clear .
2) Then cover it with lot more cold water and allow it to soak for about half an hour.
3) Allow rice to drain through a colander for half an... - 44.7855
Veggie Treat Fried Rice
This fried rice will be loved by the kids as it is not spicy. It is very easy to make and also very much nutritive. - 0
1. In a pot, add the clarified butter, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and green chillies and saute.
2. Add the carrots and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Next goes in the rice and salt.
4. Add enough boiling water to cook the rice. Cover and cook until the rice... - 0
Indian Vegetable Pulao
The Indian vegetable rice is a complete meal by itself. You may or may not add any side dish to this recipe. It is just perfect, when served with plain yogurt or a plate of fresh salad or savory mango pickle. Within 15 minutes you can serve a great meal for... - 123.084
1. In a large pot combine rice, water and salt, on medium high heat bring the water to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium low and cook the rice for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked with a covered lid, stir occasionally.
2. Once the rice is... - 116.837
Hara Bhara Biryani
1)Wash the basmati rice and soak for 1 hour. Cut the mushrooms in half and set aside.
2)In a pressure cooker heat the oil and fry the red onions till golden brown. Add the bay leaf, cardamon and cinnamon and cumin seeds and stir well... - 0
This is one of the classic recipes usually prepared on special occasions. The dish is rich with a medley of vegetables, each having a good amount of nutrients. The recipe does contain ghee. So people with diabetes may need to eat in moderation. - 0
Cinnamon Spiced Rice
So for the first QuickBite of the New Year I thought I'd share a really interesting side dish that's a hit everytime I make it....Cinnamon Spiced Rice.
Now, I know cinnamon and rice don't sound like your conventional combination at first but trust me when I... - 32.0131
Carrot Baby Corn Rice
In a cooker add 2 tsp of Oil when it is hot add Cloves and Cinnamon stick and washed Basmati Rice and fry till the water evaporates. Add 2 cups of Water and Salt to the Rice and allow 1 whistle to come.And allow Rice to become cool. In a Kadai add... - 33.6217
Rinse rice in several changes of water before cooking.
In a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, bring chicken stock and water to a boil.
Add rice, cinnamon, bay leaf and salt; stir.
Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Add turmeric or saffron and... - 42.1806
Lite Vegetable Biryani
Lite Vegetable Biryani is a dish made of less masalas and more vegetables & nuts to give lots of taste. Try out and enjoy!! - 54.7407
Rice And Vermicelli
1. Heat oil and butter in a saucepan. Add vermicelli and rice and saute about 3 minutes or until vermicelli is browned and rice is translucent.
2. Add cinnamon, cumin, currants and salt. Stir in water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20... - 27.5141
Indian Style Brown Rice
Brown Rice has a unique taste. The peppercorns, cardamoms with sugar gives the Brown Rice a mouth fillings taste. - 42.2725
Firstly, drain the soaked and washed rice and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a large saucepan. once the ghee is hot add all the whole garam masalas(cloves + cardamom + bay leaf+ cinnamon) and saute for half a min. Add the ginger garlic and stir for some more time.... - 34.7355
1. Wash and drain rice. Keep aside.
2. In heavy based medium saucepan, heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, as they pop, add onion, saute till transparent, add Sambar sauce, rice.
3. Stir on high for 2 mins. Add salt and 3 cups boiling water, stir, bring to... - 39.3877
One of the tasty and healthy pulao recipes. - 49.3774
Nice N Spicy Savory Rice
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Rinse and soak the basmati rice for 10 mins.
2. Heat a large, flameproof casserole. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on a low heat until the onion is soft.
3. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods... - 40.982
Bay Rice With Peas
1. Wash the rice well and place it in a bowl.
2. Heat the olive oil and corn oil together in a large heavy-based saucepan and fry the onion over a moderate heat until golden brown. Add the ginger, garlic, salt to taste, the bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, black... - 36.5755
Vegetable Sparkled Rice
1. In a strainer, rinse rice with cold water.
2. In a large heavy pot, heat butter and oil over low heat.
3. Stir in onions, garlic, ginger, carrots, cinnamon stick, and cloves.
4. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes... - 51.0434
A combination of mutton and rice which is famous in Kashmir. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi also. - 49.7089
Hyderabadi Dum Chicken Biryani
Mix the plain yogurt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, garlic paste and cumin powder and marinate the chicken in this mixture for 1 hour.
Add sliced onions, mint and salt to the marinated chicken.
Put 50 gms ghee or oil,... - 45.5876
Tahiri has a fine taste. Tahiri gets its taste from rice mixed with garam masala and flavored by spices. Tahiri is loved by many food lovers. - 45.3738
Vagharela Chaval Ne Murghi
Heat fat in a pan and fry onions with whole spices till brown.
Add 4-6 tbsp water and simmer till onions are mushy and water has evaporated.
Add all spices, ginger and garlic and saute for 3-4 minutes adding water as required.
Add chicken and saute till... - 47.7649
Wash and soak rice in water for one hour.
Heat ghee in a pah and fry onion till dark brown.
Add garam masala, caraway seeds and rice.
Add salt and enough water to cook the rice.
Cover with a lid containing water.
Cook over low heat.
Add some water from lid if... - 35.2418
Sabsige Soppu Pulao
Wash basmati rice and soak in water and drain it and keep aside.Cut tomatoes into big pieces and grind it along with ginger, garlic and green chillies with little water. Heat Ghee and Oil in a Cooker, add cloves cinnamon, bay leaves and cardamom fry for a... - 18.7674
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Stir fry cinnamon, cardamom pods and cloves for few seconds.
3. Stir fry onions for 10 minutes until golden.
4. Add garlic, ginger and rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes; stir occasionally.
5. Stir in the stock and season with... - 46.769
Sri Lankan Saffron Rice
Put rice into a sieve and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Set aside. Heat ghee in a saucepan and add onion, curry leaves or bay leaf, ginger and salt. Saute until onion is golden. Add rice and cook briksly, stirring, until rice is translucent... - 31.1333
1. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour. Drain the water.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add all the spices. Saute till nice aroma comes out (About 10 seconds).
3. Add chopped onions and fry till translucent.
4. add 3 cups of water and salt.
5. When it comes to a boil... - 37.0514
1) In a pan, add oil and heat.
2) Mix in the shallots and while stirring, cook for 10 minutes without browning.
3) Mix in the spices and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Add in the garlic and rice and cook for 5 minutes while stirring.
5) Add in the stock and... - 47.3051
Vegetable Pulao (pulav Rice)
All those who are interested in making the Indian pulao must surely check this out. The chef shows an easy and quick way to prepare the pulao. It's simply delicious and you can serve the pulao with pickle or raita. Watch the video for this amazing recipe. - 103.326
Kitcheree is simply yummy. Kitcheree gets its taste from rice mixed with lentils and flavored with spices. Kitcheree is loved by many food lovers. - 43.0791
Cabbage And Carrot Pulao
Wash the rice thoroughly and set aside in a strainer to drain.
Melt the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onions, black cumin seeds, green cardamoms, cinnamon, peppercorns, shredded ginger and salt and fry until some bits are darker than others.
Using a... - 39.9916
Heat the oil and butter in a medium-sized saucepan.
Add the onion, black cardamoms, whole cloves, black cumin seeds and black peppercorns and fry until the onions are golden brown.
Add the ginger, garlic, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks.
Meanwhile, whisk the... - 46.6687
Khumb Wala Pulao
Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
Stir in the cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves, and cloves, and fry for 30 seconds.
Add the onion and stir-fry until golden brown.
Add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes.
Add the water and bring to a boil.
Stir in the... - 45.6286
Mushroom Pulao - Indian Flavored Rice Dish
Mushroom Pulao is a very flavorful rice dish. This is very simple to make yet tastes fantastic when you do it right. Follow my step by step instructions to make a perfect Mushroom Pualo. - 0
This pulao uses whole spices which gives it a very pleasing aroma and retains the real taste of the rice and vegetables. A very colourful rice dish that's bursting with flavours and is very nutritious. - 41.5982
Pea And Mushroom Pulao
1. Wash the rice at least twice and set aside in a sieve.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the spices, garlic and salt.
3. Add the sliced tomato and button mushrooms, and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and peas, and gently stir... - 40.3305
Green Peas Pulao
keep cooker on gas put oil when it is heated add cinamon,cloves,jeera fry for a sec.then add chopped onion,green chillies, ginger garlic paste,fry till raw smell goes.then add peas and rice stir it nicely.then add 2 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup milk ,salt and... - 20.2808
Indian Pea Pulao
Pulao recipe can be adopted to suit individual preferences and here is one using peas. Chef Aarsi shows how to make Peas Pulao in the video using green peas and some common Asian seasonings. Good to serve with chutney or a raita! - 117.684
Khichree has a Matchless taste.The cinnamon and dal gives the Khichree Exhilarating taste. - 35.3298
1)In a pan, heat half the ghee and fry half of the onion with all the whole spices, until golden.
2)Add powdered spices, ginger, garlic and yogurt. Stir well.
3)Now add the rice and green peas and stir well.
4)Add water, salt and bring boil and... - 51.2248
Chicken Pulao it is yummy. It is my personal favourite. The garam masala and mixture of chillies, garlic and giner gives the Chicken Pulao a perfect taste. Must catch it. - 51.3012
Make the rice: Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Set aside.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over medium-high heat. Add the golden raisins, almonds, turmeric, cumin seed,... - 30.9593
Wash palak leaves and remove stems.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry onion for 5 minutes.
Add palak leaves.
Add salt and cook covered for 15 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients except paneer for palak puree.
Fry paneer pieces in ghee.
Add it to palak... - 42.7388
First cook the Basmati rice by the absorption method, using a good chicken stock and 60 g/ 2 oz butter.
Stir the seedless raisins into some butter.
Add the apricots and just cover with water or orange juice.
Simmer gently — don't let them get at all... - 46.8537
1. Blend together the ginger, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, 1 teaspoon of the salt and all the cardamom seeds and mix with the yogurt and chicken pieces. Set aside to marinate for 3 hours.
2. Pour the milk into a pan and bring to the boil.... - 38.6477
Blend the garlic, ginger, onion, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom seeds, coriander and cumin seeds and turmeric into a paste, and fry it in half the oil for 2-3 minutes.
Leave to cool, stir in the yogurt and spread over the chicken.
Cover and leave to marinate... - 45.9954
If using uncooked chickpeas, to cook them.
Heat oil in pan over medium heat, add cinnamon,clove.
As clove pops, reduce heat add rice, stir for 30 seconds.
Add chickpeas, water, bring to boil, cover, simmer on low until all water has been absorbed and rice is... - 33.1449
Wash Basmati Rice & keep aside.
Heat butter/margarine in a fry pan. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, onions, green chillies & saute until onions turn brownish. Add cumin seeds & saute for another 10 seconds.
Add Basmati Rice & mix well.
Add 5 cups... - 32.2835
Cardamom Brown Rice In Action
1. In a skillet, pour in the olive oil and add in the cardamom pods, dry fruits, garam masala and salt. Stir well.
2. Add in the brown basmati rice and stir well. Cover the skillet with lid and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Serve Cinnamon Brown Rice... - 0
Aromatic Basmatl Rice
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the cinnamon, bay leaves, cardamom pods and black peppercorns for 30 seconds.
2. Add the rice and salt and enough water to cover the rice by 2.5 cm/1 inch. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, bring to the boil and... - 26.6377
1. Wash rice, drain. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in large heavy based non stick pan. Add cinnamon, cloves. As they turn colour, add onions.
3. Saute till golden brown. Remove onions from pan leaving behind cinnamon, cloves and as much oil as possible.
4. Add... - 39.6157
1. Clean, wash and drain the rice.
2. Heat ghee and fry half the onion till golden brown. Drain and store in an airtight container to retain crispness. Fry raisins and cashewnuts separately in the remaining ghee. Set aside.
3. In the same vessel, saute the... - 28.4252
Chinese Fried Rice
Are you looking for simple way to make Chinese Fried Rice? This recipe is perfect for you. This is a traditional recipe. As you know that Chinese Fried Rice is a delicious Chinese dish. It is included as a main dish in Chinese lunch and dinner menu. ... - 47.7279
A basic recipe for a flavourful staple food. - 0
Rice Pilaf With Dates And Almonds
In a large heavy skillet, heat the butter and oil.
Saute the onions and garlic on medium heat until just tender.
Finely chop the bell pepper, and add it to the sauteing onions.
Stir in the turmeric, cinnamon, and allspice or nutmeg.
Finely chop the dates, and... - 39.8194
Are you looking for simple way to make Masala Rice? This recipe is perfect for you. Masala Rice is a delicious Indian dish. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. It goes well with any Indian Curry. You should try this Masala Rice... - 43.9765
Saffron Rice Moulds With Sweet Corn And Peas
1. Wash the rice, drain and set aside in a sieve.
2. Heat the corn oil with the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and fry the green cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon for about 40 seconds. Add the drained rice, salt, saffron strands, sweetcorn and peas and... - 37.8582
Chick Pea And Tomato Rice
1. Heat the ghee with the oil in a haandi or saucepan until hot.
2. Add the onions, black cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorns and stir-fry over a high heat for about 2 minutes, then add the ginger, garlic, salt and sliced tomatoes.
3. Stir in the... - 37.1497
Bambara Peanut Butter Rice Pudding
This easy and oh-so-peanutty dessert is a great way to use up any extra basmati rice you may have in your fridge. This porridge is a favorite for Central Africans, where they prepare it similarly using rice, peanut butter, and sugar. - 0
Tricolor Jeera Rice
Rice is a staple food in many countries including India and there are many ways of preparing rice. Tricolor jeera rice is a classic example jazzing up a plain rice dish that is appetizing as well as appealing to the eyes. One can find this dish on all special... - 137.413
Brown Rice Spiced Pilaf
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole and add the almonds. Cook for 1—2 minutes until just browning. (Be very careful as the nuts will burn very easily).
2. Add the onion and carrot. Cook for 5... - 41.1662
Easy Tomato Rice
1)Blend the tomatoes in a mixer grinder to make a puree. Keep it aside.
2)Heat 2 - 3 tbsp of ghee in a pressure cooker.
3)Add all the spices and allow them to splutter.
4)Add the tomato puree and stir well.
5)Stir, till the puree starts to thicken.
:- Do... - 36.2283
Vegetable Pulav - Easy Breezy Flavoured Rice With Veggies
Vegetable pulav or bagara rice is a very easy, healthy one pot dish which can be served as a complete meal by itself.The addition of veggies make it look vibrant and taste just awesome just by itself or any curry or raitha.This serves as a best way to get rid... - 0
Chana Dhal With Rice And Saffron
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear, set aside in a bowl of water to soak.
2. Wash the chana dhaal, then boil for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not mushy. Check by rubbing the dhaal between your index finger and thumb.
3. Drain, cover and set... - 40.1061
Chicken And Rice Biryani
Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat, cover and cook the chicken about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
Measure 7 cups of the broth.
Skin, bone and cut the chicken into one-half-inch cubes.
Cover, keep warm, set aside.
Discard... - 45.1758
Maharashtrian Naral Bhaat
A nice, tasty sweet coconut rice prepared widely in Maharashtra on the day of Shravani Pournima. Tastes simply great! - 112.052
Egyptian Misri Pulav
Skin and halve kidneys, cut meat into medium-sized pieces.
Wash and marinate in a mixture of powdered and ground masalas, salt, beaten curds and lemon juice.
Parboil rice in salted water with whole spices.
Heat oil, fry onions crisp and light brown, drain on... - 44.5018
Biryani Stuffed Peppers
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Heat half the oil in a medium-sized saucepan, then fry the onion and garlic. Add the spices, then cook for a few mins more. Stir the rice through, season with salt and pepper. Cover the rice with water, put a lid on the... - 36.828
Modur Polav has a yummy taste. Modur Polav gets its taste from rice mixed with coconuts amnd flavored with spices. Modur Polav is loved by many people. - 41.3684
Mutton pulao is a rice and mutton preparation that can be served as a full meal on its own. made with basmati rice with mutton and onions, the mutton pulao is filling and flavorful. Cooked in the microwave with a medley of spices, the mutton pulao can be... - 45.1546
Boil the eggs with a tsp of salt, slit them in sides and keep aside.
In a big heavy bottomed non stick pan por oil and ghee, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamon, cloves, somph, mint leaves and then onion, green chillies and fry for 2 mins.
Now add 1 tsp... - 43.2242
Fruity Kashmiri Pulao
Fruity Kashmiri Pullao has a Juicy taste.The Green Chillies and Fruit-liquid gives the Fruity Kashmiri Pullao Majestic taste. Must catch it - 46.0096
Pea And Sweet Corn Pulao
Wash the rice, drain and set aside.
Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan, add the cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon and fry for about 30-40 seconds before adding the onion.
Continue frying until the onion is golden brown.
Add... - 44.9311
1 Wash the rice thoroughly.
2 In a bowl, soak rice in double the quantity of water.
3 In a separate bowl, soak raisins in warm water.
4 Peel the outer skin of the almonds and chop finely.
5 Sliver the cashew nuts.
6 In a deep pan,... - 46.8809
1 Wash the rice well.
2 In a bowl, soak the rice in double the quantity of water for about 1 hour.
3 In a large pan heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds.
4 Fry well and add in the finely chopped onions and the grated ginger.
5 ... - 46.9322
One Pan Rogan Josh
1) In a food processor, put the onions and whip till they are very finely chopped.
2) In a large, heavy-based pan, heat the oil.
3) Add the onion. Sauté every now and then, until it is really golden and soft. Leave the lid on for a few mins.
4) Add... - 48.0693
Wash Basmati Rice and keep aside. Heat 1 tsp ghee is a small skillet. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms and saute for a few seconds and add this to the Rice. Add 4 cups water and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
Cook Rice either on... - 43.2455
This recipe doesn't need a side dish. Just potato chips will be nice. This dish is really tasty. Try it. - 46.525
Paneer Matar Pulao
Wash and dry rice.
Cut cottage cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
Heat ghee in a pan and fry cottage cheese cubes till brown.
Remove from ghee and set aside.
In the same ghee fry onion till brown.
Add cashewnut and when they turn light brown, add garam masala, rice,... - 44.6192