- » Christmas Rice
Christmas Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of christmas rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for christmas rice recipes.
Those who are looking for a healthy sweet breakfast will really enjoy this porridge as it's different from the regular one we eat. You can enjoy eating this in festive days. The Cinnamon added in the porridge gives an amazing flavour to it. You will enjoy... - 105.432
Healthy Vegetable Stuffing
Have you been looking for an healthy alternative for the regular bread stuffing? You've just got lucky. This video has a perfect recipe to make a Healthy Vegetable Stuffing that you can use just as you like. Watch it now. - 102.991
Paella Part 1 – Ingredients & Initial Preparation
Do you think making Spanish paella recipe is too much of a challenge? Then take a look at this video series to see how simply the chef puts together the most authentic Spanish delicacy. The chef has divided the video in 2 parts - in this part she displays... - 91.1926
Crabmeat Fried Rice Part 1 – Introduction
Got lots of left over rice and wondering what to do with it, then here is an excellent solution for you. Take a look at this crabmeat fried rice video series. The chef has divided the video in 2 parts – In this part she discusses the ingredients you would... - 87.3676
Paella Part 2 – Finishing
This is part 2 of paella video series. Here the lady chef has provided instructions to combine the pre-cooked seafood with rice and chicken stock to make an absolutely succulent dish. Great recipe, a must try for all seafood lovers. - 84.0416
Crabmeat Fried Rice Part 2 – Preparing The Dish
This is part 2 of the crabmeat fried rice video series. The lady chef provides step by step instructions on how to combine rice with eggs and oyster sauce to make perfect fried rice. Try it at home and your family is sure to be pleased. A simple and easy... - 83.0842
Basmati Rice With Asparagus And Sausage
Are you looking for a delicious, healthy and nutritious recipe? Then look no further, the chef here provides simple instructions to make rice combined with asparagus, sausages and white wine. Definitely an easy fix for any leftover rice in your pantry and... - 72.4426
Lite Vegetable Biryani
Lite Vegetable Biryani is a dish made of less masalas and more vegetables & nuts to give lots of taste. Try out and enjoy!! - 54.8007
1. Mix all the powders (clove, cinnamon, cardamom and coriander) and keep it aside.
2. Soak rice for 1/2 an hour.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add the onions. Fry on a medium heat till golden brown.
4. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.
5. Now... - 50.2087
A combination of mutton and rice which is famous in Kashmir. Especially great for marriage, parties and Holi also. - 49.632
Mediterranean Black Bean & Rice Skillet
Mediterranean black beans and rice skillet is a meaty rice preparation made with vegetables. Skillet cooked with onion and garlic to taste, the black beans and rice is cooked in wine with the fruitiness of prunes and added veggies. Spiced with cayenne, the... - 48.3557
Prawn Fried Rice
Are you looking for simple way to make Prawn Fried Rice? This Prawn Fried Rice recipe is perfect for you. Prawn Fried Rice is a delicious seafood dish. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. It goes well with any Indian Curry. You... - 47.6234
First cook the Basmati rice by the absorption method, using a good chicken stock and 60 g/ 2 oz butter.
Stir the seedless raisins into some butter.
Add the apricots and just cover with water or orange juice.
Simmer gently — don't let them get at all... - 47.5374
1) In a blender, mix together the basil, cheese, garlic and lemon juice.
2) While the blender runs, slowly pour in the oil.
3) Chop the pimientos coarsely. Keep aside some chopped pimientos for garnish.
4) Mix in the pimientos with the sliced... - 47.2513
hopping john is a southern rice and black eyed peas recipe made with added meat. This hopping john is made with ham and bacon pieces with added vegetables. Flavored with onion and garlic, with a three herb medley of parsley, sage and thyme, the hopping john... - 46.7586
This Makhana pulao is just what you need to add both beauty and taste to your table. A simple and easy to make rice preparation - try this truly irresistible mouthwatering delight. Make your day with a great meal. - 46.478
Slow Baked Clotted Cream Rice Pudding
1) Set your oven to preheat at 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
2) Use a shallow ovenproof dish to butter lightly.
3) Rinse rice with cold running water and drain.
4) In a pan, pour in milk and creams. Bring this to a boil by adding vanilla... - 46.1174
Whole Roasted Salmon With Wild Rice
In saucepan, combine 2 cups (500 mL) water, rice and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt; cover and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender but not mushy.
If necessary, uncover and cook briefly just until no moisture... - 46.0462
Roast Turkey Breast With Rice Stuffing
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F
2. Season turkey inside our with salt and pepper
3. In a skillet, melt the butter over a medium low flame.
4. Add onion, celery, and rosemary and sauté until softened.
5. Tip in spinach, rice, 2... - 46.0218
Emerald Isle Rice Pudding
1) In the top of a double boiler boil water and bring the milk to boil.
2) Gently add rice and bring to boil.
3) Reduce heat to medium and cook covered.
4) Continue to cook for 2 hours until creamy.
5) Stir occasionally and add water if required.
6)... - 45.9064
Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
Cut off the neck part of the squash.
Trim off the stem and then cut the neck into 4 slices 1 inch (2.5 cm) thickâ€” about 1 pound (454 gm).
Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven... - 45.7884
Chile Rice Bake
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the garlic and onion until finely chopped.
3) In a small skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for 3-5 minutes over a medium heat until... - 45.5468
Brown Rice Pancakes With Cranberry Sauce
1) Take a large mixing bowl and combine flours, baking powder and salt in it. Stir in rice.
2) In another bowl mix milk and lemon juice. Beat in egg yolks and blend well.
3) Pour the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients to form batter.
4)... - 45.481
Cook rice mix according to package directions.
Brown sausage in a Dutch oven, stirring until it crumbles.
Drain and set aside.
Combine oil and flour in Dutch oven; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is caramel-colored.
Stir... - 45.1978
Honey Glazed Chicken With Honey Nut Rice Dressing
1) Preheat oven to 350° F.
2) Take a skillet and melt butter in it. Add honey, cinnamon, black pepper, salt and lemon juice to prepare the honey-butter glaze. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Place the Rock Cornish Hens on the rack in a... - 45.1829
Pheasant With Brown Rice Stuffing
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) In a pot of boiling water, cook the rice as per its packet instructions. Add in the bouillon cubes while cooking.
3) In a 12-inch skillet, melt the butter. Saute celery and onions till tender. Stir in... - 44.7948
Spinach Cheese Tqrta
Preheat oven to 400°F In medium bowl, thoroughly combine corn muffin crumbs, butter, 2 teaspoons basil, salt and pepper.
Press into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of 9-inch springform or square baking pan.
Bake 12 minutes; cool on wire rack.
In medium... - 44.6803
Rice Stuffed Pork Crown Roast
1) Preheat the oven to 325F.
2) On a shallow roasting pan, place the pork rib roast with its bone tips facing up.
3) Cover the tips of the bone with foil.
4) Roast the meat for about 3 1/2 hours.
5) In a 1-quart saucepan, boil 2 1/2 cups... - 44.4818
Christmas Cookies (pastini Di Natale)
Sift together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
Mix in butter or margarine with fingers.
Add egg yolk, almond extract and milk.
Mix to a firm ball.
Turn onto a floured board and knead for about five minutes.
Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/4... - 44.2512
Coconut rice is a tasty, quick dish. Enjoy!! - 43.7591
Pigeon Peas Rice
This a classic puertorrican recipe usually served during xmas with pork. It is a great side dish for any protein especially fried pork chops!!! I love this recipe, this is my favorite type of rice!! For more spanish recipes visit www.personalchefpr.com - 43.6321
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet or paella pan over medium-low heat until hot.
Add garlic and cook just until garlic sizzles.
Add onions and rice; cook and stir 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
Stir in clam juice, wine, lemon... - 43.5311
Rum And Raisin Rice Pudding
Soak the raisins in the rum for a few hours
Combine rice and salt, and cook the rice in one cup of milk with saffron, by simmering for 7-8 min till most of the milk is absorbed. Or just pressure cook it in milk for one whistle till half-cooked.
In the... - 43.3827
This is a very simple and easy to make dish. - 43.3274
Rice Pudding Pear Tart
Preheat oven to 450°F Prepare pie crust according to package directions.
Place in 10-inch tart pan.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
Reduce oven temperature to 350'F.Place wine and cinnamon in 10-inch skillet; bring to a boil.
Add... - 43.2061
Rice Pudding With Dried Fruits And Nutmeg
In large saucepan, combine rice and salt with 4 cups water; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer until most of the water has been absorbed, stirring occasionally.
In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
Stir egg mixture into rice... - 43.121
Main Dish Risotto
1) Take a 4-quart saucepan and melt butter in it. potatoes and carrot 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
2) Stir in water, broth, rice and garlic. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add kidney beans, chick peas, peas and onions. Cook... - 43.0459
Spicy Rice Pudding
In a greased 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine milk, raisins, rice, sugar, cinnamon stick, and vanilla.
Cover and cook at low setting until pudding is thick and creamy and rice is tender to bite (7 to 8 hours).
Remove liner from cooker (if using... - 43.0162
Vegetable And Egg Fried Rice
* Cook rice in rice cooker with 1cup rice:1 1/2 cup water along with salt.
* Make scrambled egg with a tsp oil and a pinch of salt and a pinch of soy sauce.
* Cut the vegetables as shown in the picture.
* In a big pan pour oil, put the vegetables- carrot,... - 42.8946
Brown Rice Stuffing
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, add in the rice, chicken stock and salt.
2) Let the mixture come to a boil. Mix well.
3) Turn down the heat, cover the pan and cook on simmer for about 45 minutes.
4) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add in the onion, celery... - 42.8621
Wash Basmati Rice and keep aside. Heat 1 tsp ghee is a small skillet. Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon sticks, green cardamoms and saute for a few seconds and add this to the Rice. Add 4 cups water and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
Cook Rice either on... - 42.8527
Brown Rice And Chicken Salad With Wine Dressing
1) Take a pan and cook rice in it along with water and salt, as per package directions. Drain and set aside.
2) Add celery, onions, parsley, dill weed and chicken to the rice.
3) FOR THE WINE DRESSING: Take a blender container and put all ingredients... - 42.4692
Wild Rice Stuffing Cooked Over Coals
1. Light coal on a barbecue or preheat the oven to 350° F
2. Boil the rice according to instructions on the packet. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
3. In a skillet, add the chopped sausage and sauté on a medium high flame... - 42.1961
Rice Sevai Usli / Rice Noodles Upma
In a large vessel, take water and bring it to a boil. Add rice vermicelli in it and cook till soft. Drain excess water and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard. When they splutter, add cumin seeds, urad dal and chana dal, saute till the dal are golden... - 42.0844
Rice And Pecan Salad With Orange Thyme Dressing
Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting spice packet.
Transfer to a large bowl, and fluff with a fork.
Whisk together orange rind and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
Slowly add oil, whisking constantly.
Set dressing... - 42.0073
Mushroom Rice Bake
In 1-quart saucepan combine water, uncooked rice, and 1 teaspoon salt; bring to boiling.
Cover; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
In small skillet cook mushrooms and onion in butter or margarine till onion is tender but not brown.
Beat together... - 41.8717
Egg Fried Rice
Cook 1 cup rice separately either in a rice cooker or pressure cooker/open vessel on the stove.
Add Oil in a saucepan, when hot, add mustard seeds & wait until they splutter, then add cumin or jeera. Add cloves & cinnamon sticks. To this, add ginger garlic... - 41.6061
Sherried Mushroom Rice
Melt spread in medium skillet on medium heat.
Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
Add mushrooms and red pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Add broth, water, sherry, onion flakes and salt.
Bring to boil.
Stir in rice; cover.
Remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes... - 41.439
Wild Rice Stuffing
1) Boil the stock and add the bay leaf and wild rice.
2) Cover the mixture and reduce the heat. Gently simmer for about 30 minutes, till all the mixture has been absorbed.
3) In a skillet, partially cook the bacon.
4) Add the carrot, onion, celery and... - 41.4011
Rice Pistachio Stuffing
1) In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion and sautÃ© till soft, but not brown.
2) Add the rice, stir well and cook, constantly stirring, till the grains are translucent. This usually takes about 3 minutes.
3) Add the 5 cups of stock gradually... - 41.3649
Honey Nut Rice Dressing
1) Take a large skillet and melt butter in it. Add onions and celery. Cook over medium heat or until celery turns tender.
2) Add honey, walnuts, raisins, onions, celery, rice, spices, salt and lemon juice. Cook for some time.
3) Turn all the... - 41.3077
Pheasant With Wild Rice
In saucepan cook onion in butter or margarine till tender; add water, rice, and salt.
Cover; cook 35 to 40 minutes or till rice is tender.
Stir mushrooms and sage into rice.
Rinse birds; pat dry with paper toweling.
Season cavities with salt.
Lightly spoon... - 40.5814
This is a tasty Caribbean dish using chicken, curry and rice all cooked together. It is an easy, one-pot meal sure to please the entire family - 39.637
Fruited Rice Pilaf
In 2-quart saucepan, bring water to a boil; add rice and butter.
Return to a boil.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except almonds; cook 5 to 10 minutes longer or until rice is tender.
Stir in almonds.
Garnish with apple... - 39.4108
1) Take a large Dutch oven and heat oil in it. Cook carrots, onion and red pepper over medium-high heat until tender.
2) Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for few more minutes.
3) Serve with shrimp and enjoy! - 39.4066
Danish Rice Pudding
Heat sugar, water, gelatin and salt in 2-quart saucepan, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, about 1 minute.
Stir in milk, rice and vanilla.
Place saucepan in a bowl of iced water, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped... - 38.3333
Brown Rice Pilaf
Cook bacon till almost crisp; remove two of the slices.
Drain on paper toweling.
Arrange in curls; secure with wooden pick.
Set aside for garnish.
Cook remaining bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
Crumble bacon; set aside.
Cook onion... - 38.1259
Lentils And Rice
Lentils are the "dahling" of Indian cusine. Here, they're spiced up with ginger, red pepper, garlic and many other flavor-packed ingredients. - 38.0038
Holiday Harvest Rice
In saucepan, over medium heat, melt margarine.
Stir in rice and salt, stirring to coat rice.
Add juices, raisins, sugar and cinnamon.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Stir in apples and green onions - 37.4824
In a large skillet saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil for 3 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes with juice, artichoke hearts, wine and seasonings.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in rice, peas, shrimp and tuna.
Cook for 3 to 5 minutes... - 37.3812
Hot & Spicy Arroz Con Pollo
In large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat oil.
Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, broth, rice, salt and saffron; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in... - 37.3225
Sweet Chicken Risotto
In large skillet (3 to 4 quarts), saute chicken and onion in oil 5 minutes.
Add rice, chicken broth, horseradish and sugar.
Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until rice is tender (there should be extra liquid).
Add peppers and black beans.
Simmer 5... - 36.6672
Milanese Chicken & Rice Skillet
In large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink in center.
Add green onions, bell peppers, garlic and oregano; stir to coat.
Add tomatoes, chicken broth and black pepper; bring to a boil.
Stir in rice.
Cover; reduce heat and cook 20 minutes or... - 36.351
Jeera rice is one of the simple and easy to make rice dish. Makes a nice combination with rajma masala or egg curry. - 35.8035
A tasty rice recipe that adds a sweet, vegetarian compliment to spicy dishes - 35.7027
An easy artichoke and rice salad is tossed in a refreshing lemon vinaigrette. Fresh, light and lemony, this salad is summer! - 35.5311
Wild Rice With Golden Raisins
Place rice in a fine wire strainer and rinse under running water.
In a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine rice, raisins, chopped onion, and thyme.
Pour in broth.
Cover and cook at low setting until broth has been absorbed and rice is tender to... - 35.4313
Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
Add rice and pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Sprinkle with salad dressing mix.
Stir in water; cover.
Bring to boil.
Remove from heat.
Let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in pimiento. - 34.2699
Easy Red Beans Aid Rice
Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently.
Add onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans and next 3 ingredients.
Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20... - 34.1255
Cook each rice separately according to package directions, except omitting salt and adding bouillon cube to water for white rice.
In large skillet, melt butter; saute celery and onion until tender.
Add Pinch of Herbs, Seasoned Salt, Seasoned Pepper and... - 33.9644
Fruited Rice Curry Mix
In a bowl combine rice, dried fruits, almonds, raisins, onion, curry powder, beef bouillon, and salt.
Package in airtight containers.
Directions to enclose with mix: To prepare rice, combine the mix with 2 1/2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine... - 33.9152
Japanese Sushi Rice
Japanese sushi rice is the best tasting kind of rice. Plus it's very usefull because it's so sticky. I use white or brown rice. - 33.026
Green Bean Almond Rice
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add almonds; stir until lightly browned.
Add onion and bell pepper; cook 2 minutes or until tender.
Add rice, beans, white pepper, and tarragon.
Stir until thoroughly heated. - 32.7256
Salsa Rice Enchiladas
Vegetarian enchiladas wrap up a skillet-easy filling of rice, beans, corn, peppers and cheese. Salsa's on the side. - 32.6397
Cashew Rice With Peas
In 1 quart pan put 2 Tbsp oil, garlic powder and rice. Stir over medium heat for 30 seconds.
Add water, turmeric and salt. Add peas.
Bring to a full boil, then cover and cook on very low heat for 18 minutes; stir in cashew pieces.
Garnish w/... - 32.3499
Auld Lang Syne Casserole
The auld lang syne casserole is a mixed holiday flavored casserole prepared with chicken broth cooked celery and rice with mayo, almonds and chicken soup. Baked with cornflake crust, the auld lang syne casserole is filling and delicious. - 31.935
Apricot And Walnut Brown Rice Stuffing
Cook onion and celery in margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat until tender-crisp.
Add rice, apricots, walnuts, raisins, parsley, thyme, salt, sage, pepper and broth; transfer to 2-quart baking dish.
Bake in covered baking dish at 375°F for 15 to... - 30.7209
Orange Herb Rice
Cook onion in butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
Add water and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Stir in rice.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. - 30.2471
This is a north Indian desert made out of rice and milk and almonds. It is a very simple recipe which you will enjoy making as much as you will relish eating. - 29.9228
Country Rice & Beans With Chicken & Sausage
In large saucepan, saute chicken, sausage and onion in butter 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Add water, beans & rice, contents of seasoning packet, green pepper and celery.
Bring to a boil; cover.
Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or... - 29.8496
Tropical Rice Pudding
In medium saucepan, prepare rice according to package directions using water and salt.
Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients; add cooked rice to pudding mixture, stirring to combine. - 29.6748
Peanut Butter Rice Snacks
Peanut Butter Rice Snacks has a delicious taste. Peanut Butter Rice Snacks gets its taste from brown sugar mixed with peanut butter. Peanut Butter Rice Snacks is inspired by many food joints around the world. - 29.6257
Gourmet Wild Rice
Combine currants and brandy; set aside.
Combine wild rice and chicken broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 55 to 60 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Stir in currant mixture, olive oil, and pine... - 29.4999
Holiday Rice Stuffing
In saucepan cook and stir carrot, onion, and parsley in butter for 10 minutes.
Stir in rice; add chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper.
Simmer, covered, 20 minutes or till rice is done.
Use to stuff two 2 1/2 to 3 pound roasting chickens. - 26.7316
Swedish Christmas Porridge
1. Put 6 cups milk, rice, 3 tablespoon sugar and salt into the top of a double boiler. (The Rice Industry no longer considers it necessary to wash rice before cooking.)
2. Cover and cook over simmering water 2 1/2 to 3 hrs, or until rice is entirely soft - 26.6785
Put milk, rice and lemon rind into a saucepan. Stir well and cook over gentle heat for about 30 minutes or until rice is soft. Mix cornflour into sugar, distributing it evenly to avoid lumps when cooking, and stir into the rice. Continue cooking gently for a... - 24.6554
Christmas Rice Recipes By Category