- » Choux Pastry
Choux Pastry Recipes
Choux Pastry or pate a choux pastry is classic French pastry dough that is used to make special pastry dishes like éclairs, crullers, beignets, croquembouches etc.
According to legend, the ... More »
Pate A Choux
If you want to bake cream puffs, eclairs, French crullers etc at home, first you need to prepare the Choux paste. Preparing this paste is a delicate process, so you need to take total care. Watch the video to get the tips from chef, so that you too can make... - 134.209
Today we'll learn with Sonia one of the most important basic recipes for pastries: the choux pastry. It's used to make puffs, éclairs or ring cakes, and it can be filled with a savory or sweet filling. - 134.102
Learn the secret of the perfect eclairs and profiteroles. Watch this video to discover the real recipe of choux pastry, which is used for making these mouth watering desserts. Greatly helpful! - 80.4534
Choux Pastry With Cheese
1. Cut half the cheese into small cubes
2. Grate the remaining cheese
3. Grease a ring mould or savarin mould with a little butter and sprinkle with flour.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6)
5. In a large saucepan, tip the... - 45.8129
Sift the flour with the salt on to a sheet of greaseproof paper or into a bowl.
Measure the boiling water into a small saucepan and add the butter cut into pieces.
Once the butter has melted, increase the heat and bring rapidly to the boil.
Take the pan off... - 41.4588
To make the choux pastry, put the water and butter into a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts.
Bring to a boil.
Stir in the flour, all at once, and beat thoroughly.
Cook over a moderate heat until the mixture forms a ball.
Remove the paste... - 36.705
Choux Pastry Pate A Choux
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Quickly bring water, butter, and salt to boiling.
Pull pan almost off burner and turn heat to moderate.
Add flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball.
Set pan on a damp cloth.
Break an egg into... - 36.6087
Mix the milk, water, butter, salt and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add the flour in one go and stir in with a wooden spoon for about 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and add the eggs one at a time, stirring each one well in.
Preheat the oven to... - 35.193
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/ 200°C
2. Line a baking tray or baking sheet with grease proof paper.
3. Prepare a piping bag fitting a ½ inch plain nozzle.
4. Sift the flour and salt onto a piece of paper.
5. In a large saucepan,... - 35.062
Basic Chou Pastry
Combine water and butter in heavy saucepan; place over medium heat.
Cook until butter is melted and water comes to boil.
Add all flour and salt.
Stir vigorously with wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and leaves sides of pan, forming a ball.
Turn off... - 34.903
Place water, butter and salt in saucepan.
Bring to boil. Add sifted flour all at once.
Stir vigorously with wooden spoon over heat until mixture is thick.
When mixture forms a smooth ball and leaves sides of pan remove from heat.
Cool slightly. Add beaten... - 34.5687
Classic Choux Pastry
Sift and warm the flour.
Place water, salt and fat in a pan, and bring to boiling-point.
Remove from heat, add flour all at once and beat well (using a wooden spoon) over the heat again, until it becomes a smooth soft paste and leaves the sides of the pan... - 33.1782
1 On a sheet of waxed paper sift the flour and salt
2 In a heavy bottomed pan put the butter and the liquid cook over low heat until the butter melts.Increase the heat and rapidly bring the mixture to a boil.
3 Remove the pan from the heat and add in... - 33.0159
1 Sieve the flour.
2 Put the margarine, water, salt and vanilla essence in a vessel and cook until the butter melts.
3 Now add the flour, remove from the heat and beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms into a smooth ball and leaves the sides of the... - 32.748
Make Your Own Choux Pastry
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Sift the flour and salt on to a small sheet of baking parchment. Put the butter and water in a pan and heat very gently until the butter has melted.
2. Increase the heat and bring to a rolling boil. Remove the pan... - 32.39
1 Sift flour and salt twice.
2 In a saucepan, put water and butter over a low heat until butter is melted.
3 Bring to a rolling boil.
4 Lower the heat and add all the flour.
5 Stir briskly until the mixture forms a soft ball and leaves the sides... - 32.2698
Put the water, margarine or butter and seasoning into a saucepan.
Heat gently until margarine or butter has melted.
Stir in the flour.
Return the pan to a low heat and cook very gently, but thoroughly, stirring all the time, until mixture is dry enough to... - 32.0574
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F, 220°C, Gas Mark 7
2. In a large bowl, tip in the water and lard and place on gentle heat. When it starts to boil, pour in the flour and salt and mix well.
3. Gently put the pan on the side of the heat and... - 31.7667
Put the fat and water together in a pan.
Heat gently until the fat has melted, then bring to the boil.
Remove the pan from the heat and tip all the flour at once into the hot liquid.
Beat thoroughly with a wooden spoon, then return to the heat.
Continue... - 31.2106
1) In a saucepan, add the butter, water and salt , allow to the boil.
2) Turn off the heat and stir in the flour, beat with a wooden spoon to smoothen and leave the sides of the pan clean.
3) Beat in the egg yolk with an electric beater,... - 29.1626
Basic Chou Pastry
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine water and butter in a heavy saucepan or nonstick pan.
Over medium heat, cook until butter is melted and water comes to a boil.
Add the flour and salt.
Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture is smooth and pulls away... - 28.7571
1. Put the water and butter in a pan over a low heat until the butter has melted, then increase the heat until the water boils and rises in the pan.
2. Immediately add the flour and beat well over the heat until the mixture leaves the side of the pan and... - 27.0959
Preheat the oven to Gas 6, 400°F, 200°C, 15 mins before baking.
Melt the butter in a pan with 1/4 pint/150 ml water over a gentle heat.
Remove from heat, tip in all the flour, then beat with a wooden spoon until mixture forms a ball in the centre of the... - 26.7879
Sift flour on to a piece of greaseproof paper. Put water, butter, salt and sugar, if using, into a medium-size saucepan. Bring slowly to the boil (butter must be melted before water boils). Immediately remove from heat, tip in flour all at once and stir... - 25.6329
Put the butter and water into a pan and bring to a boil.
Add all the flour and salt at once and cook gently, stirring well for 2 minutes until the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
Cool for 10 minutes and put into the processor bowl .
With the machine... - 23.6828
Heat the water, butter and salt in a saucepan.
When the butter has melted, remove from the heat and beat in the flour.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until the mixture is thick and glossy. - 19.2903
Choux Pastry Recipes By Category