- » Choucroute Garnie
Choucroute Garnie Recipes
Enjoy our collection of Choucroute Garnie recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for Choucroute Garnie recipes.
Here I am posting a special Choucroute Garnie recipe for you. This dish is equally liked by my friends as well, and whenever we meet on weekends we surely try this dish. It really tastes good. If you too want to enjoy the weekend, you can try out this... - 35.4993
You May Also Like!
This Choucroute Garni is a delicious platter of pork roll, vegetables, sauerkraut, bratwurst flavored with gin and juniper berry extract. Try this Choucroute Garni and let me know if you like it. - 31.5213
1) In a large bowl, add cold water. Soak the sauerkraut in it for 5 minutes. Drain completely.
2) In a Dutch-oven, add the ham hocks. Add in the drained sauerkraut, wine and bay leaf.
3) Piece the cloves into the onion and press it into the sauerkraut... - 41.4787
Simple Choucroute Garnie
Arrange bacon in bottom of large saucepan or deep skillet.
Top with sauerkraut and pork chops.
Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chops.
Cover and simmer for about 1 hour. - 32.8518
1. In a large bowl allow sauerkraut to soak for 5 minutes. Then drain well.
2. In a large heat proof casserole or dutch oven place the ham hocks, adding the drained sauerkraut, wine and bay leaf.
3. Press cloves into onion and... - 44.1449
1. Soak sauerkraut 5 minutes in cold water in a large bowl; drain well.
2. Place pork hocks in a Dutch oven or large, flameproof casserole. Add drained sauerkraut, wine and bay leaf. Press cloves into onion; press onion down into sauerkraut. Bring to boiling;... - 30.0105
In a 6-quart ovenproof casserole on top of the stove over medium heat, cook the onions in the vegetable oil till onions are soft but not brown.
Remove from heat.
Set pork chops on top of onions.
In a large bowl, mix the sauerkraut, apples, mustard, brown... - 39.5528
European Choucroute Garnie
Place sauerkraut in deep bowl.
Fill bowl with cold water and let stand for 15 minutes.
Drain and press out all water.
Melt lard in Dutch oven.
Add bacon and onion and cook until browned.
Add sausage and pork shoulder and cook until meat is... - 45.7968
1. Under cold running water drain and rinse sauerkraut.
2. In a 12-cup (3 liter) baking dish place the dried sauerkraut.
3. Stir in onion, apple, apple juice, juniper berries and bay leaf.
4. Prick the sausage and arrange over sauerkraut... - 43.4527
Wash sauerkraut well in several changes of water.
Drain, pressing to remove water.
Chop onion fine.
Slice carrots crosswise.
Pare, core and slice the apple.
Rub bottom of casserole with butter.
Spread a layer of half of sauerkraut on bottom.
Sprinkle over it... - 39.9969
Place the sauerkraut in a deep bowl.
Loosen the shreds with the fingers.
Fill the bowl with water and let stand fifteen minutes.
Wash the sauerkraut under running water.
Drain again and press in both hands until all the water is squeezed... - 39.731