- » Chinese Vegetarian Appetizer
Chinese Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chinese vegetarian appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chinese vegetarian appetizer recipes.
Chinese New Year Raw Sushi Rolls
Gung Hay Fa Choy! Celebrate the Chinese New Year with these incredible raw foods. Here is a complete Asian inspired raw food meal that you can make to impress your friends and family and influence them into going raw! A delicious Apple and Ginger Cocktail... - 131.928
Raw Rice Paper Spring Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
When it’s raw, it’s real! There is nothing better than eating something so fresh, straight out of your garden! If you are on the path of healthy, natural and organic eating then this recipe is one that you must have. Here is an raw-some recipe that is... - 124.782
Spring Rolls With Mushrooms
1. Heat oil in a pan, through the mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes. Incorporate all the ingredients well.
3. Season with mushroom sauce. Stir well and set aside in a bowl.
4. Add in the Thai basil and mix... - 110.179
1. In a mixing bowl mix 1 cup maida, 2 tbsp corn flour, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 or 2 tsp green chilies, salt and black pepper powder.
2. Add 1 cup of water little by little and stir with the wooden spoon.
3. Make sure that there are no... - 109.893
Classic Chinese Spring Rolls
Appetizing snacks filled with vegetables and seasonings are great to indulge in with sauces. Watch the video how to make spring rolls in the classic Chinese style using cabbage and other vegetables as the key ingredients. Great with any tangy sauce of your... - 109.873
Grilled Pineapple With Hot And Sour Sauce
1. Preheat indoor grill turning on 2 induction stoves.
2. Cut pineapple into big chunks.
To prepare the sauce:
3. In a nonstick pan add minced garlic, soy sauce, Schezwan sauce and water if needed to adjust the consistency and mix... - 99.7958
Crispy Eggplant And Asparagus
How about a great vegetarian recipe? A really great combination of eggplant and asparagus. Prepared using Ching's secret sauces, that are convenient and easy to use. A good crispy dish with a lovely spicy sauce. Watch as Chef Vikas prepares this dish. - 98.0659
Garlic Fried Baby Corn And Mushroom
Vegetarian Chinese recipes? Baby corn and mushrooms are a great combination and one that is commonly used in Chinese dishes. Crispy fried first and then into a sauce, this is a delicious dish that works great as an appetizer. A little bit of Hindi language... - 96.3442
Have you ever tried cooking cauliflower in a Chinese style? Here is a great recipe…Cauliflower Manchurian that is bound to sweep your guests off their feet! Watch Chef Vikas and then try out this quick and delicious looking recipe. A little but of Hindi... - 93.4472
Chinese Spring Onion Pancake
1) In a large bowl, mix the flour with 100 milliliters of water. Stir well, and then add the remaining water.
2) Stir well, add more water if needed, and then cover the batter and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
3) Once the batter has rested, add the... - 89.3044
Spiced Cucumber In Schezwan Sauce
Bored of the same salads? Here is a unique recipe combining cucumber and schezwan sauce!! A great dish that could be used as either a salad or a side dish…works perfectly well both ways!! Watch it and try it out! - 89.2939
Spicy Potatoes In Schezwan Sauce With Vegetables
Trying to figure out a great starter? Here is the recipe for schezwan potatoes slightly changed to add in some vegetables as well! Watch Chef Vikas as he prepares this dish and gives some helpful information. - 88.0532
Fried Vegetable Spring Roll
Don’t you just love spring rolls? A favorite among kids, this is a great recipe to know to make at home. Chef Vikas shows you how to make these at home! Ching’s sauces are a convenient way to prepare Chinese at home. - 86.9794
Chinese Style Cottage Cheese And Potato Balls
Looking for a great vegetarian appetizer? Here is another great recipe from Chef Vikas. Made with cottage cheese and then some additional vegetables, this seems like a great option to try out. Don't worry if you here some Hindi language, you are missing... - 86.9293
Vegetarian Manchow Soup
A quick soup without any effort? Here is Chef Vikas from Ching’s secret recipe showing you how to correctly prepare Ching’s instant Manchow soup! Watch the video and prepare your own in minutes! - 84.6283
Spicy Potatoes In Schezwan Sauce
Trying to figure out a great starter? Here is schezwan potatoes…a great recipe that is quick and simple. Watch the video as Chef Vikas shows you how best to prepare this dish. - 84.287
Sweet And Sour Soup
Instant Chinese soup? Here is Chef Vikas of Ching’s Secret, demonstrating how to best prepare this instant pack. Filled with the goodness of vegetables, this is a great pack to have handy. Watch and learn!! - 83.4062
Chinese Tomato Soup
Tomato soup with a difference? Try out this soup with a Chinese twist! An instant soup which only needs to be boiled in water. Watch Chef Vikas prepare this and learn how to do it right. - 81.8172
Instant Mixed Vegetable Soup
Instant Chinese soup? Here is another great instant recipe from Ching’s! A wonderful mixed vegetable soup. Chef Vikas shows you how to make this the right way. Watch and learn. - 81.277
Spicy Beijing Soup
Beijing style hot soup for a cold winter’s day? Try out this instant soup available through Ching’s. Just add in boiling water and cook. Watch and learn! - 76.222
Potatoes in any form? Here is a great video for you to try. A Chinese style recipe that shows a great looking spicy potato appetizer! Try it out! - 75.4921
Hot & Sour Vegetarian Soup
Hot and sour soup for dinner? No big deal, just pick up[ a packet of Chings ready to cook pouch, boil it in water, and there it is!! A nice hot bowl of soup ready to be eaten!! Watch and learn! - 73.366
Sweet And Sour Sauce
With only a handful of ingredients from your refrigerator and pantry, you can whomp up a lip smacking sweet and sour sauce that will jazz up just any dish you want. Drizzle them over your tender chicken or vegetables and enjoy a hearty, healthy meal. This... - 70.6939
Homemade Pumpkin Soup -part 1: Preparation
The holiday season can do serious harms to your waistline. However, if you are wary of gorging into calorie-dense meat and pies, then something as light yet feisty like pumpkin soup will ensure that you enjoy your Thanksgiving treat to the fullest. Filling... - 64.2677
Homemade Pumpkin Soup -part 2: Preparation Cont.
Be it Halloween or Thanksgiving, your holiday platter is incomplete without hearty, delicious pumpkin soup that just oozes with fall's bounties. This video features an extremely simple recipe on pumpkin soup that is sure to get you drooling and inspire you to... - 63.5558
Sweet Potato Pear Soup
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and the onion and celery to the oil. Cook the vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except fresh thyme.
4. Heat to... - 49.7792
Sweet Corn Soup
In a saucepan, combine corn and three cups stock.
Cook on medium fire for five to ten minutes.
Liquidise half the corn.
Mix it with the rest of the corn.
Blend balance stock with cornflour.
Cook till transparent and clear, stirring all the time.
Add corn... - 48.4523
Chili Cheese Wontons With Cilantro Sauce
1. For making the sauce, in a small bowl, stir together V8 juice, cilantro and green onion and set aside.
2. For making the filling into an 8-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1 tablespoon hot oil, let the onion and red pepper cook with chili powder... - 47.9829
Baked Vegetable Wontons
1) Preheat oven moderate to 375°F.
2) To prepare Soy and Ginger Dipping Sauce, in a saucepan boil water. Add dried mango to it.
3) Let stand for about 30 minutes.
4) In a small bowl strain the water. Keep 1/2 cup of the fruit-flavored... - 47.5894
Peel eggplant and cut into 2 x 1 x 1/2-inch strips.
Place in a medium bowl.
Add water and salt, and toss gently to mix.
Set aside for 30 minutes; drain.
Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Place steaming rack in a wok.
Pour water to... - 47.4144
Chinese Egg Rolls
1. To prepare the dough for the egg roll shell, in a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour and salt. Add the water and bind to make a dough. Knead with you fist until it is soft and pliable. Cover the bowl and keep aside until later.
2. In... - 46.4316
Black Bean Soup
1. In a saucepan, over medium temperature, heat oil until sizzling.
2. Add carrots, onions, and bok choy; stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
3. Combine1 cup water and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Rinse beans, drain, and puree in blender or food... - 45.5754
Five Flavored Watercress Salad
Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
Plunge watercress into boiling water and cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
Remove watercress, reserving water.
Rinse watercress under cold running water and drain well.
Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and squeeze... - 45.3419
A vegetarian mix of stir fried vegetables wrapped in a delicate spring roll wrapper. Fried right you get a crunchy wrapper with a tasty vegetable inside. Put dollop of Duck Sauce on the roll before each bite, it's fruity taste adds to the complexity of this... - 45.0705
Triple Mushroom Soup
Soak black mushrooms in warm water to cover for 30 minutes; drain.
Cut off and discard stems and thinly slice caps.
Melt butter in a 3-quart pan over medium heat.
Add onion and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
Add black mushrooms, fresh mushrooms,... - 43.8588
1) Mix all the ingredients of the sesame dressing to make the dressing.
2) To make the Asian coleslaw salad, toss the ingredients together.
3) Drizzle the sesame dressing.
4) Mix again.
6) Serve the Asian Coleslaw salad for... - 43.8561
Szechuan Cucumber Slices
Szechwan Cucumber Slices is a dish with an explosive and addictive flavor. Try preparing the Szechwan Cucumber Slices for your next party and then you will understand what I am talking about! - 43.5733
Watercress And Orange Salad
Place dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Break watercress into 2-inch pieces, discarding any tough stems.
Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and cut each slice in quarters.
Place watercress, orange, and... - 43.5627
Fava Bean And Jalapeno Wontons
1.Take a saucepan and place the fava beans in them.
2. Add in some water, salt and cover.
3. Bring the mixture to boil and cook for about 5 minutes to tenderize the beans. Larger and mature beans may take longer.
4.Drain and wash the beans in cold... - 43.5627
Frosty Watermelon Soup
Soften gelatin in cold water.
Place over hot water to melt until ready to use.
Press watermelon through a sieve.
Add sugar, lime juice, and salt.
Stir in melted gelatin.
Chill until mixture has thickened slightly, 3 to 4 hours.
Serve in chilled bouillon... - 43.3239
Sweet Potato Soup
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and onions and allow to saute for a couple of minutes
2. Add broth, sweet potato, salt, thyme,maple syrup, nutmeg, red pepper, salt and curry powder, and bring it to a boil
3. Cover the saucepan, turn the heat down... - 43.2718
Sweet And Sour Garlic Vegetables
1. Peel, trim, and slice vegetables with care.
2. Combine vinegar, salt, and sugar in a large jar.
3. Add vegetables to the jar, and shake well to mix them properly.
4. Cover the jar and place it in freeze overnight with occasional shaking of its... - 43.1162
Tuna Salad Cantonese
1) In a large bowl, add peas, tuna, mushrooms and melon balls to combine.
2) In another small bowl, add soy sauce, bouillon and sweetener. Combine to dissolve all.
3) Drizzle in this soy sauce mix over the salad.
4) Lightly toss and place inside... - 42.8823
Sweet Corn Soup
Remove the green leaves from the corn, and put corn cobs (split down the centre if wished) with the onion into a pan of water and simmer steadily until the corn is soft.
Strip off the cob.
Make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk, add the 1/2 pint... - 42.4006
Sugar Pea Soup
Insert slicing disc.
Melt butter in a 4 to 5-quart kettle over medium-high heat; add onions and pea pods and cook, stirring, until pea pods turn bright green (about 5 minutes).
Lift out 8 to 16 pea pods and set aside.
Add 2 cups of the broth to... - 42.0529
Chinese Snow Pea Pods
1) In a skillet, heat oil.
2) Add in the onions, garlic, salt and water chestnuts. Saute well till the onions brown.
3) Next, add in the pea pods, soy sauce and chicken stock.
4) Cover the skillet and cook for 5 minutes.
5) Take the lid off the the... - 41.2961
Chinese Pea Pods And Water Chestnuts
1) In a large skillet or wok, heat the corn oil in.
2) To the hot oil, add the ginger. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
3) To this, now add the pea pods.
4) Over low heat, cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. The pods should be crisp tender.
5)... - 41.2201
Red Bean Soup
1) If dried lotus nuts are to be used, then, soak in hot water for 1 1/2 hours
2) Drain, peel and use a toothpick to push out the bitter central core.
3) If using tinned nuts, drain and discard liquid.
4) In warm water, soak the red... - 40.6038
1. Take a bowl, add flour and mix warm milk, yeast, egg, sunflower oil and salt and mix thoroughly to form a light, yet thick batter. Keep aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
2. Peel bananas, halve bananas lengthwise and then crossways, twice, for making... - 40.5917
Chinese Cabbage Salad
Place the cabbage and bean sprouts in a salad bowl.
Separate the watercress into sprigs; add to the bowl with the apple slices.
Place the dressing ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well.
Peel the avocados and slice them into another bowl.
Pour over... - 40.5853
Potato & Baby Corn In Chili Mustard Sauce
1. Blanch potato & baby corn, keep aside
2. Sautee ginger, garlic, fresh chilli, add stock
3. Add mustard sauce, adjust seasoning,
4. Add vegetable, add corn flour
5. Finish with vinegar & chilli oil - 39.971
1. To prepare sauce, in medium saucepan, heat olive oil; add peppers, carrot and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat 6-7 minutes, until vegetables are very soft.
2. Add remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low and... - 39.7828
Warm Chinese Cabbage Salad
1) In a large bowl, add cabbage and green onions to combine. Place aside.
2) In a small saucepan, add remaining ingredients.
3) Place over heat to bring to a boil for 1 minute.
4) Remove from heat and drizzle the hot dressing over cabbage mixture.
5)... - 39.7471
Brussels Sprouts Supreme
Cook Brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain.
Cut any large Brussels sprouts in half.
Put milk, butter or margarine, flour, salt, and cubes of cheese in blender container; blend till mixture is smooth.
Add water chestnuts; blend till coarsely... - 39.3267
Shiitake Mushroom Soup
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, mix all ingredients except noodles. 2) Boil it, over medium heat for 3 minutes.
3) Now add noodles.
4) Let it boil, then reduce heat.
5) Simmer uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Serve... - 39.3068
Chicken Sweet Corn Soup
1. Bring chicken stock to boil.
2. Add chopped onion, ginger-garlic paste and salt and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add chicken, sweet corn and chillies.
4. When the soup is boiling vigorously, add vinegar, soya sauce and aji-no-moto.
5. Lastly, add beaten egg... - 39.1404
Chinese Style Tofu
1. In a wok, heat oil.
2. Once hot, add garlic and tofu. Shallow fry till tofu turns golden brown evenly.
3. Drain on absorbent paper. Keep aside.
4. In the same wok, add peas and bamboo shoots. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce, sesame seeds... - 38.9802
Tofu Vegetable Soup Oriental
Tofu Vegetable Soup Orientate is a unique and winning pork preparation that is perfect for your dinner parties. Surprise your guests with this exquisite dish. I am sure they will love the Tofu Vegetable Soup Orientate. - 38.8685
In a bowl, combine tamari or soy sauce and 1/8 teaspoon of the ginger to make a marinade. Marinate tofu slices in this for one hour, turning occasionally.
Drain tofu, reserving 3 tablespoons marinade for the soup. Saute tofu in sesame oil in a heavy 4-quart... - 38.0803
Chinese Stir Fried Celery
1) Pull the celery leaves out.
2) Wash and chop the stalk into 2-inch pieces.
3) Sprinkle the chopped stalk with salt.
4) In a wok or frying pan, heat oil. Add in the chopped celery and saute with a wooden spoon.
5) Saute for about 5 minutes.
6) Add in... - 38.0669
Tsing Hoi Potato With Corn
1. Blanch potato,mushroom & corn keep aside
2. Sautee ginger, garlic, onion, capsicum, broken cashew nut, chilli paste, tomato ketchup and add stock
3. Add potato & corn, add corn flour adjust seasoning - 37.1772
Steamed Dim Sum
1 Combine all filling ingredients. Place 2 tsp (10 mL) filling onto each wonton wrapper. Gather outer edges of skin around filling in a cup shape. Press gently so that filling rises to the top of wrapper. The base should be flat.
2 Place a lettuce leaf in... - 36.2085
Chinese Corn And Peppers
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine peppers, onion, mushrooms, oil, and garlic; stir to coat. Cover and microwave on High (100%) for 4 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
2. Add corn and stir to combine; cover and microwave on High for 1... - 36.1453
Chinese Vegetarian Broth
Cooking Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add ginger, garlic, onion, and green onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Strain broth, discarding... - 36.1383
Spicy Cabbage Pickle
Wash and dry cabbage leaves and cut into pieces about 6 cm x 2 cm (2 1/2 in x 3/4 in).
Put in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, mix and leave for 1 hour.
Drain and discard any liquid.
In a clean, dry bowl, combine cabbage with all other ingredients, except oil.
Put... - 36.0055
Brush wonton skins lightly on one side with margarine.
Cut in half diagonally, forming 24 triangles.
Spray a 15 x 10 x l-inch baking pan with nonstick coating.
Arrange triangles in a single layer in the pan, margarine side up.
Sprinkle with cheese and... - 35.9983
Sweet Corn Soup
: I love this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe. I try this recipe whenever friends visit my home. Sweet Corn Soup is a very popular Chinese soup. It is generally taken during lunch or dinner as a starter. You should try this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe. - 35.977
In a bowl arrange the sliced cucumbers, salting them in layers.
Cover with a saucer and weigh down with something heavy.
Let stand for several hours, or until juices run out.
Pour off the cucumber juice, which will take care of most of the salt.
Combine all... - 35.5508
Chinese Noodle Vegetable Soup
1. In large saucepan, heat oil; add florets, carrot, ginger and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add bouillon cube, 5 cups water, noodles, bok choy and snow peas; stir to combine.... - 34.7599
Mushrooms And Bean Curd Soup
This Mushrooms and Bean Curd Soup is very appetizing! Try out this irresistible toufu and mushroom soup and let me know if you like it ! Your suggestions for this Mushrooms and Bean Curd Soup are welcome ! - 33.2652
Vegetarian Shark S Fin Soup
1. Bring soup stock to a boil; add salt and ginger; cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Discard ginger and add soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
2. Drain bean thread noodles and add to stock along with remaining vegetables. Boil over medium-high heat for 2... - 33.198
Bean Curd And Vegetable Soup
1 Bring stock to a boil. Add tomato and mushrooms and simmer for 3 minutes. Add sprouts, bean curd and seasonings. Simmer covered for 2 minutes.
2 Serve with chopped green onions. - 32.4987
Wash the cucumber, quarter lengthwise and discard seeds.
Cut flesh into matchstick pieces and put in a bowl.
Heat cooking oil and stir fry the garlic for a few seconds until it turns golden.
Pour over the cucumber and mix in remaining ingredients.
Chill and... - 31.8284
1. Cut cabbage, carrots, celery and scallion in strips.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add vegetables and stir fry until they begin to soften
3. Add water, soy sauce, sherry, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, 10 minutes. - 31.3607
Bring water to the boil in a pan, add the garlic and remove from the heat.
Add remaining ingredients and leave to cool.
Put garlic in a covered jar, top with liquid and marinate for 3 days before using.
Drain and serve as an accompaniment or appetiser. - 31.2379
Sweet And Sharp Cucumbers
1. In a large salad bowl, mix vinegar and sugar.
2. Put the cucumber slices in the salad bowl and mix properly.
3. Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour if preferred chilled. - 30.6936
Hunan Chili Relish
Coarsely chop chillies, garlic and onion.
Heat oil and stir fry the chopped ingredients for 1 minute.
Add salt and serve warm or at room temperature as an appetiser, or to accompany fried rice. - 28.958
Marinated Broccoli Stalks
Peel the broccoli stalks and cut into strips 0.5 cm (1/2 in) wide, 6-8 cm (2 1/2-3 in) long; this should fill 1 cup.
Combine the broccoli stalks with all other ingredients and marinate for 8 hours.
Drain and serve as an appetiser. - 27.5827
Pickled Green Chili
Bring 2 cups of vinegar to the boil and scald the sliced chillies for 15 seconds.
Drain and discard vinegar.
Put chillies, remaining vinegar and salt in a dry glass jar.
Cover and leave several days before eating with noodle dishes, or as a pre-dinner relish. - 27.1359
Slice the unpeeled cucumbers thin.
Dress with equal parts of the remaining ingredients and chill thoroughly. - 26.8443
Mushrooms In Oyster Sauce
This dish is one of my own concoctions. It is easy to prepare and can be served as an appetizer or as side dish. Butter, Chinese rice wine and oyster sauce makes this dish savory. The use of butter is not Chinese by nature but adds richness to the mushrooms. - 23.8566
Easy Hot And Sour Soup
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup is among the most ordered dish in any restaurant. Try this easy and healthy recipe at your home and give a nice treat to your family. - 0
Vegetable Sweet Corn Soup
1. In a small bowl mix corn flour with 3 tablespoons water till smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large pan or pot bring the rest of the water to boil. Put in the carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the French beans and cauliflower. Stir and... - 0
Chinese Style Fried Capsicum By Tarla Dalal
Fried capsicum, typically capsicum is used in Chinese sauces or as julienne in noodles and fried rice. Next time, try the fried capsicum, it is a unique way of serving capsicum and will be enjoyed by your loved ones. You could also use other crunchy... - 0
Hot And Sour Soup By Tarla Dalal
Hot and sour soup, you can feel your taste buds shift gears from the spicy chili sauce to the sour vinegar, creating a magical experience! a mélange of neatly chopped veggies cooked in stock or water and other spices makes this a wholesome treat too. Served... - 0