- » Chinese Cake
Chinese Cake Recipes
Chinese cake is a sweet steamed dessert, made into different shapes and sizes to be eaten occasionally or as an after meal sweet dish. These cakes are generally steamed since not many Chinese houses have oven. These ... More »
Chinese Moon Cakes
These Moon Cakes are a must for Chinese Moon Festival. It is not that difficult to try at home. Do try these classic moon cakes and impress your family and friends!! - 125.042
Steamed White Sugar Sponge Cake ( Bak Tong Gou )
1) In a sauce pan, boil together sugar and 2 cups of water, when the water became a little luke warm, scoop out 2 tablespoons of water to stir the dried yeast, and set aside to form a layer of cloud.
2) Continue to heat the sugar water till it start... - 92.1473
Cantonese Steamed Sponge Cake ( Ma Lai Go ) Dim Sum
1) Fill the steamer with water and let it heat.
2) In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and mix in the sugar.
3) Mix the flour and vanilla pudding powder together.
4) Sift the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well with the help of a... - 89.515
Chinese New Year Cake - Yau Kwok
1) Sieve the flour into a big mixing bowl and remove 30g for use later.
2) Add in the lard and mix till well blended.
3) Add in the sugar and mix well.
4) Add in all the oil and half of the lightly beaten egg and mix well.
5) Slowly add in the some of... - 89.3953
Fried Shanghai Nian Gao ( Rice Cake ) And Pork
1) Mix together all the ingredients to make the pork marinade.
2) Marinate the pork for 20 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, season the marinated pork with some salt and pepper. Let it stand for 2 minutes.
4) Heat a wok and add some oil.
5)... - 87.9771
How To Make 2 Kinds Of Chinese New Year Cake (lin Gou)
1) To make the coconut flavored cake, mix hot water and sugar, stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Stir in coconut cream and let the mixture cool.
2) Place the glutinous rice flour and rice flour in a bowl, add the coconut cream mixture and... - 87.936
Chinese Dim Sum Steamed Turnip Cake (lo Bak Gou)
1) Fill the steamer with water, cover and let it heat.
2) Grease a cake pan.
3) In a pan over high heat, add the oil, shrimp and sausage. Stir to fry quickly.
4) Take the fried ingredients out of the pan and set aside.
5) Add more oil to... - 86.5315
Sweet Noodle Cake
Lightly grease an 8- or 9-inch square cake pan; set aside.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
Add eggs; mix thoroughly with a spoon.
Knead 2 minutes to make a smooth dough.
Cover with a damp cloth and let stand 20 minutes.
Divide... - 43.9473
Chinese Sponge Cake
In China this Sponge Cake is something very traditional and everyone at home just dies for it! The best part of the sponge cake comes with the taste of almond extract and the sesame seeds topping. Believe me it's very simple to make, so why not give it a try! - 41.0158
Combine the fruit and water, and cook until soft and mushy.
Press through a sieve.
Add sugar and reheat; then remove from the stove.
Slowly add the dissolved potato starch, return to heat, and again bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
If necessary, add more... - 37.1929
Chinese New Year Cakes
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Stir together eggs, water or milk, and the 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
Add flour mixture all at once and stir just till moistened.
Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into bowl of sesame seed; turn to... - 35.762
Chinese Omelette Cakes
1. Saute beans quickly in 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine in a large, heavy skillet 3 to 4 minutes Pour the water and soy sauce over; cover; cook for 5 minutes, or until crisply tender and the liquid is absorbed.
2. Beat eggs slightly in medium-size bowl;... - 34.3731
Chinese Cake Recipes By Category