- » Chicory
Chicory or Cichorium intybus, is a perennial plant which has been used as the substitute for coffee or tea throughout the history. Chicory is also alternatively known as succory, witloof, Belgian endive. French call ... More »
Beet And Chicory Salad
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Discard the leafy tops of the beets, if any, leaving 1- to 2-inch stems.
3) Wash beets in running water and shake off most of the water.
4) Tightly wrap with aluminum foil.
5) In a baking pan, place... - 49.4366
Chicory With Ham Au Gratin
Put the trivet in the pressure cooker and pour in 300 ml (1/2 pint) water.
Remove outer leaves from chicory, if necessary, and put the heads on the trivet; sprinkle lightly with salt.
Put on the lid and bring to high (15 lb) pressure.
Cook for about 5... - 47.429
Quatorze's Chicory And Bacon Salad
1) In a small bowl, add shallots, mustard, vinegar and pepper to whisk together. Gradually pour in olive oil in a thin stream and continue whisking.
2) In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat for 10 minutes or until... - 47.3186
Chicory With Ham In Cheese Sauce
1. Clean the chicory from any bruised outer leaves.
2. Quickly wash chicory with water and using a pointed knife cut off the hard core at the base of each stalk.
3. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
4. In a pot of boiling of boiling salted... - 45.641
Vermicelli With Chicory
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, cook vermicelli in about 3 quarts boiling water until just tender to bite (about 9 minutes).
Drain well, pour into a warm bowl, and keep warm.
While pasta is cooking, cook pancetta in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat until... - 45.5586
Pan Fried Duck Breast With Braised Chicory
1. Rub seasonings over the scored duck breasts.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the corn oil over a medium flame.
3. When hot, arrange the duck breasts, skin-side down and brown for 5 to 8 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side... - 45.3888
Solar Cooked Cowboy Coffee And Chicory
A warm of freshly brewed coffee can wake up your senses. Try this non conventional method of brewing your chicory coffee in the solar heater and be amazed! No audios though in this video, but the demo has clear steps! - 44.2009
Orange Tomato And Chicory Salad
1) Slice orange rind to resemble matchsticks.
2) Cut orange into thin slices.
3) In a salad bowl, mix together chicory, tomato and orange.
4) In a screw-top jar, shake well oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and sugar to mix.
5) Mix this... - 43.7743
Salmon On Wilted Chicory Salad
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add chanterelles and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (10 to 12 minutes).
Stir in 1/4 cup (60 ml) more oil.
Add onions, vinegar, garlic, and half the thyme; stir... - 43.3817
1) Gently trim the stalk ends of the chicory and wipe the leaves fine.
2) Into a casserole, put the whole heads of chicory along with butter and lemon juice.
3) On high power, cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender.... - 43.2978
Chicory Salad With Walnuts And Croutons
Separate the leaves from the chicory, and wash if necessary.
Retaining a dozen larger whole leaves, shred the remainder, then set aside.
Lightly spray a frying pan with olive oil.
Heat, then add the garlic and the croutons and fry until golden.
Add the... - 43.2118
Chicory With Cheese And Ham
1) Add chicory with a little lemon juice to salted boiling water. Gently cook for 25 minutes and drain well.
2) Set chicory aside and reserve 1/2 pt of cooking liquid.
3) Take a skillet and melt butte in it. Add flour , stir well and cook for about a... - 42.9548
Chicory Belgian Endive With Cheese And Ham
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a pan, bring salted water to a boil, with lemon juice.
3) Place the chicory in the boiling water and simmer for 25 minutes.
4) Pour of the liquid, reserving 1 1/4 cups .
5) In a saucepan, melt the... - 42.8423
Chicory And Leek Salad
1. Remove the outside leaves of the chicory if necessary. Wash and cut into pieces and place in a bowl.
2. Trim off the green foliage from the leeks and discard or use for soup.
3. Wash the leeks thoroughly to remove all grit, especially in the layers.
4. Cut... - 42.7122
Escarole Chicory And Radicchio Salad
1) Wash the chicory, radicchio and escarole. Throw away the bruised or discolored leaves. Dry using paper towels or in a salad spinner.
2) In a large salad bowl, combine together the greens, herbs and tadicchio. Use plastic wrap to cover... - 42.674
Chop the chicory into small pieces, and slice the leeks.
Put into a saucepan with the water or stock and seasoning and simmer until tender.
Rub through a sieve.
Make a white sauce with the butter, flour and milk, add the chicory puree, and lemon... - 42.6269
Grilled Chicory With Pears And Hazelnuts
1. Pre heat a grill.
2. Once hot, place chicory heads (cut side up) and brush with oil.
3. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or till uniformly golden brown.
4. Top grilled chicory with pears, brush hazelnut oil over pear and sprinkle thyme and... - 42.3645
Chicory And Red Onion Salad With Pumpernickel Croutons
1) Rinse chicory thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels. Split into bite sized pieces and put in a plastic bag and refrigerate.
2) Chop the pumpernickel slices in cubes of 1 inch size.
3) Take a heavy bottomed skillet and place it over... - 41.3944
Baked Chicory And Ham
1) Trim off the outside leaves from the chicory.
2) Use a saucepan, to put chicory heads. Add cold water to just cover.
3) Place on heat to bring a boil. Drain water by keeping the chicory into the saucepan. Again add cold water to just... - 41.3447
Braised Chicory Belgian Endive
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Arrange the chicory in an ovenproof dish.
3) Sprinkle the chicory with the butter, nutmeg, lemon juice and season to taste.
4) Stream over the stock, and put the lid on.
5) Bake in oven for 1 to 1 1/2... - 41.141
Chicory And Orange Salad
1) Cut chicory heads in half and take out the core.
2) Make thin slices of orange.
3) In a plate, nicely arrange the chicory leaves and orange slices.
4) Sprinkle walnuts on top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5)... - 41.0513
Salad Of Escarole Chicory And Kirby Cucumbers
1) Clean the chicory leaves and escarole by washing. Tear them.
2) Using kitchen towel, pat dry the leaves and arrange them in a salad bowl.
3) Take a saucepan and mix oil, vinegar, sugar, and raisins.
4) Let the sugar dissolve over medium flame.
5)... - 41.0356
Citrus And Chicory Salad
Slice the chicory into rings and put into a bowl.
Peel the oranges and limes or grapefruit and cut into segments, discarding all the pith.
Add to the chicory.
Blend the oil, lemon juice and mustard together.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in... - 40.8616
Chicory Soup is favorite soup of all cooks around the globe, as chicory take less time to cook. The prefect mixture of the chicory, butter, flour, chicken, and vermouth, garnish with croutons and pepper gives Chicory soup delectable taste. - 40.1448
Hake With Belgian Chicory
Remove the outer leaf and bitter heart of the Belgian chicory (endives) and cut into rounds.
Put the chicory (endive) in a casserole with the butter, white port and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes.
Rinse the... - 39.9768
Chicory Salad With Lardons
1) Clean and was chicory. Place on paper towels to absorb excess liquid. Discard discolored leaves.
2) Cut into serving pieces and again dry on paper towels. Keep covered in refrigerator till ready to serve.
3) Place paper towels in a plate.
4)... - 39.7763
Chicory Prune And Blue Cheese Pizzettas
1. On a lightly floured work surface thinly roll out the pastry, using a bowl or plate as a guide cut out 6 x 12cm circles.
2. In a large bowl mix the cheese and prunes.
3. Heat oven to 220C
4. On 2 large baking sheets place the pastry... - 39.7103
Braised Chicory Endive With Cheese And Eggs
1. Prepare the chicory
2. Cut off the root and wash the chicory well
3. In a large pan, toss in the 2 oz (50 g / 1/4 cup) butter, a good pinch of sea salt, and the juice of half the lemon
4. Place the chicory in the pan and cover level with... - 39.5535
Chicory & Endive Salad With Blue Cheese & Michigan Dried Cherries
This Chicory & Endive Salad With Blue Cheese is simply fabulous ! I love this mixed vegetable salad with a generous helping of blue cheese with pasta and meat dishes ! Try this Chicory & Endive Salad With Blue Cheese and let me know if you like it ! - 39.5308
1) Wash and clean the chicory leaves.
2) Separate the leaves and line them decoratively on a salad bowl.
3) In a bowl, mix the ingredients for the vinaigrette.
4) Spoon over the lettuce and toss to mix.
5) Serve immediately or serve chilled. - 39.1519
Braised Chicory And Onions
1. Turn the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4
2. In a pan of salted water, plunge the chicory for ten minutes; drain completely
3. Add to an ovenproof dish along with orange segments and the juice
4. Reserving two spring onions, slice all the... - 39.12
This recipe for Braised Chicory comes as a boon for a person like me! Not someone who likes anything over flavored, or with too many ingredients, this is the perfect choice. Simply prepared, this recipe is quick to make and is healthy too! Try it out and... - 39.0924
Ham And Chicory Au Gratin
Trim the chicory and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Drain and cut large heads in half lengthwise.
Spread the ham lightly with mustard, sprinkle with 50 g (2 oz) of the cheese and place a piece of chicory on each slice.
Roll up the ham slices tightly... - 39.0685
Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 3-to 4-quart pan over high heat.
Add shredded chicory (and lemon juice if using radicchio).
Stir over high heat until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add remaining... - 38.9743
Hot Iceberg Chicory Salad
In the kitchen, cook salami in a frying pan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until lightly browned; remove from heat.
Lift out salami and set aside.
Add enough oil to pan drippings to make 1/4 cup; place in chafing dish.
Combine vinegar, sugar,... - 38.8246
Friar's Beard Chicory With Garlic And Chili
1 Trim friar's beard chicory.
2 Rinse well.
3 Dry in a salad spinner or gently dry with paper towels.
4 In a large saucepan, heat the oil.
5 Add the whole, lightly minced garlic cloves and fry gently until browned.
6 Crumble in the... - 38.4661
Asparagus Chicory And Beans Apulian Style
1 In a large pan, bring two thirds full of salted water to a boil.
2 Trim the asparagus chicory, using only the leaves and the younger, tender stalks.
3 Cut into 2 in sections.
4 Wash, and drain.
5 Add the asparagus to the boiling... - 38.1386
Trout With Belgian Chicory
Remove the outer leaves and bitter heart of the Belgian chicory (endive).
Rinse and slice in half lengthwise, then into 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) pieces.
Put the bacon in a dish and microwave, uncovered, for 30 seconds on HIGH.
Add the Belgian chicory (endive) to... - 37.812
Rinse chicory thoroughly and cut off bottom of stalk.
If desired, immerse a few seconds in lukewarm water to eliminate bitterness.
Divide stalk lengthwise into quarters or eighths (depending on size of stalk).
Remove skin from tomatoes and cut... - 37.7423
Chicory And Orange Salad
1. Make crosswise slices out of the endives, take a salad bowl and place them in it.
2. With a small sharp knife, remove peel and pith from oranges and cut them into sections.
3. Add them to the sliced endive squeezing any juice remaining in orange... - 37.1341
Chicory Recipes By Category