Indian Stir Fry
- » Chickpea Stir Fry
Chickpea Stir Fry Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chickpea stir fry recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chickpea stir fry recipes.
Stir Fried Chick Peas
Chickpeas are always found to be cooked in gravy but this stir fried chick peas recipe from Jameela is so different from those in the gravy. In this video she has simply stir fried the chick peas with a little tempering and still they taste so good, that's... - 72.929
Btg Quick Fix - Chickpeas And Tomatoes
Vegetarians and vegan followers often find themselves in trouble due to lack of variety. But if you try out new foods everyday, surely you will start enjoying your food more. Such an excellent side dish is chickpea and tomato delight that can be served with... - 103.331
Chickpeas And Fresh Tomatoes
Looking for a quick and easy vegetarian dish to serve on the side or as main course? This easy recipe will have your dish of chickpeas with tomatoes ready in no time.
Directions for preparation:
• Heat some oil in a pan and add 1 tsp of... - 39.2011
Chickpeas In Spinach Sauce
Chickpeas in Spinach Sauce is a fiber rich dish, flavored with a mix of spices. The protein-rich, yummy chickpeas make an excellent addition to this curry. It is finished with a touch of cream. Watch and learn how to make this from this video. Bon Appétit! - 100.978
Kale With Coconut And Chickpeas
Looking for a cool and healthy side dish? Try this kale with coconut and chickpeas that is a great side as it is packed with a lot of nutrition and tastes fabulous with different textures of its ingredients. Watch this video for the detailed recipe. - 92.9713
In a pan putting little oil and add dhainya seeds,dry red chillies and fry for 2mins. then in a mixy jar add fried ingredients and coconut,onions,tomato,water and grind smooth paste.
In a pan add oil when it is hot add mustard seeds and allow to... - 45.117
Caponata With Chickpeas
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant, peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, pignolias, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook... - 35.6995
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed 10-inch skillet over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the whole cumin seeds.
As soon as they begin to darken, after a few seconds, add the chopped onions.
Stir and fry 7 to 8 minutes or until onions begin to turn a golden... - 43.3388
Chenagapappu Theega Chikkulu Patoli
Patoli is again another popular andhra dish. It can be made with different vegetables such as cabbage, french beans, raw banana, etc. Check out this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Spicy Tomatoes And Aubergines With Chickpeas
Heat the corn oil in a karahi or deep frying pan, add the diced onion and fry until golden brown.
Lower the heat and stir in the ginger, turmeric, garlic, garam masala, ground coriander and chilli powder.
Pour in the tomatoes and their juice, then the... - 39.85
Place the onions in a food processor with the garam masala, chilli powder, ground pomegranate seeds, garlic, salt and tomato puree and blend for about 20 seconds.
Heat the oil in a karahi or deep frying pan, add the garlic cloves and shredded ginger and fry... - 39.9907
Chorizo And Chickpea One Pot Supper
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (skillet).
Add the onions and fry until they are soft, then add the garlic and chorizo.
Once the pan is swirling with the smoky, red chorizo fat, add the chickpeas, stirring to cover them in the delicious oil.
Add the... - 40.2518
Vegetable Tagine With Almond And Chickpea Couscous
1. Fry the shallots in the oil for 5 mins until they are softening and browned. Add the squash and spices, and stir for 1 min. Pour in the stock, season well, then add the prunes and honey. Cover and simmer for 8 mins.
2. Add the peppers and cook for 8-10... - 34.9048
Tofu And Chickpea Burgers
1) In a pan, add the onion, garlic, spices and lemon juice, allow to boil. Then simmer covered for 5 minutes until soft.
2) In a bowl, add the chick-peas, tofu and potato and mash well. Stir in the onion mixture, coriander and seasoning. Mix well and... - 44.2295
Sauteed Bronzino Fillet With Chickpea Puree
Make your fish more interesting with this elegant recipe that the video here is sharing. See this amazing video that shows a recipe for sauteed bronzino fillet with chickpea puree. Enjoy your holidays with this great recipe that would surely amaze your family... - 115.865
Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms
The Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms is a delight to your taste buds. If you are looking for a unique chicken dish then this is the one for you. You have to experience addictive taste of Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms for yourself . - 45.4995
Vegan Chickpea Pumpkin Spread
1. In a mixing bowl, partially mash the chickpeas.
2. Next, add minced garlic, nutritional yeast, sriracha hot sauce, tomato paste, pureed pumpkin and onion powder. Mix it well.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, baby spinach and lemon pepper, season with sea... - 125.117
1. Take a large pot with cold water and soak washed and drained chickpeas along with baking soda for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 250°F.
3. Place the pot with chickpeas on high heat with the soaking water and boil... - 46.5992
Chicken Leek And Chickpea Soup
1) In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add and cook the pasta, until just tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and continue to simmer the stock.
2) In a large saucepan, gently saute the leek and garlic in the butter, until golden.
3)... - 43.7461
Kala Chana Aur Aloo (black Chickpeas With Potatoes)
Sort and clean the chickpeas and wash them under cold water.
Soak for 24 hours in a bowl containing 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, the baking soda, and a quart of water.
Place chopped onion, garlic, and ginger in the container of an electric blender with 3... - 47.687
Stir Fried Indian Spiced Cauliflower
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the carrots, celery, and onion and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
Add the cumin seeds, ginger, coriander, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Add the... - 39.9983
Vegetable Tagine With Chickpeas And Raisins
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onions for 5 mins until soft. Stir in the spices. Add the courgettes, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins and stock, then bring to the boil.
2. Cover, then simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the peas, then cook for 5 mins more.... - 37.042
Chickpeas With Spinach
1. Cover dried chick peas nicely with water in a bowl, stand overnight. Drain and rinse with fresh water. Drain again. Add 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt. Boil. Simmer till done.
2. Heat 3 tbsp oil in a clean wok/ kadhai. Add cardamom pods and cumin. When... - 34.484
Tomato & Chickpea Bake
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fry the aubergine and onion in the oil in a large pan for about 5 mins until softened and lightly coloured. Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, 1/2 can of water, 1 tsp oregano and a little pepper. Bring to the boil, then... - 34.203
Pindi Chana / Spiced Chickpeas - Indian Food
Learn how to make this delicious Rawalpindi style dry spiced chickpeas recipe using some lovely spicy and boiled chickpeas. This recipe doesn't use any tomatoes or garlic and goes great with paranthas, pooris (puris), bhaturas or Naan. Its a healthy snack in... - 0
Chickpea Chorizo & Spinach Stew
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, then gently fry the onion for 3-4 mins until it begins to soften. Stir in the carrot, celery, thyme and bay leaves. Season, then cook for 2-3 mins, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, chorizo, cinnamon and smoked paprika.... - 33.7013
Basil Flavored Beef And Chickpeas Stew
Cook the bacon in a large frying-pan for 5 minutes or until it has rendered most of its fat.
Transfer to a deep ovenproof dish.
Add the meat to the pan and fry for 5 to 8 minutes or until it is evenly browned.
Add to the bacon.
Pour the oil into the pan.
When... - 43.821
In this video Bini from Sweet Cumin Cookery School shows Barry how to make a delicious chickpea curry. The actual base sauce that is made is super customisable and can be used with other ingredients such as chicken. This is part of an Indian cookery playlist... - 0
Chickpeas With Tomatoes & Spinach
1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onion over a low heat until softened. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for a further 5 mins until the onions are golden and the garlic slightly toasted.
2. Add the turmeric, garam masala and cumin, stirring... - 36.7672
Beef Stew With Chickpeas
Fry the bacon in a frying pan until it is crisp and golden brown and has rendered most of its fat.
Transfer the bacon to a large, ovenproof casserole using a slotted spoon.
Add the meat cubes to the frying pan, in batches, and brown on all... - 42.3624
Quick Chickpea Burger
Deb will be making a variant of the classic hamburger, great if you have vegetarian friends coming over: the chickpea burger. - 131.584
Chicken And Chickpea Stew
Pick over the chick-peas carefully, discarding discolored peas, small rocks, etc.
Soak these overnight in ample water to cover, along with the baking soda.
Next day, drain and rinse the peas.
Cover with water and bring to a boil.
Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
Drain... - 43.7692
Pumpkin And Chickpea Curry
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for a further minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chillies and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pumpkin... - 42.046
Chicken With Chickpeas
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan, add onion and turmeric, fry for 3 minutes. Add chicken pieces and cook slowly in oil, turning it over until golden all over.
2. Add chickpeas and enough stock to cover. Stir in lemon juice and garlic, bring to the boil,... - 35.6638
Chickpeas With Spicy Sausage
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
Add the onion, garlic, chilli powder, and sausage, and fry gently for 2 minutes.
Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for 5 minutes - 32.6773
Healthy Chickpeas Salad
1. Fry the onions with the thyme in the oil until pale golden.
2. Add the red peppers and cook for 5 minutes, then add the chick peas and raisins and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring gently.
3. Add salt and pepper then transfer to a serving dish. Pour... - 26.7732
Chickpea And Spinach Chapatis
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until... - 43.5344
Chickpea And Aubergine Pudding
Mix the flour and suet and slowly stir in the milk to make a light dough.
Roll out lightly and put one third to one side.
Use the larger piece to line a 1.5 litre/2 Vz pint pudding basin, trying not to handle the dough too much.
Cut the aubergines into 1... - 44.8685
Chickpea Vegetable Mix
What I like about Mix veg is that, it gives many things in one dish. This mix veg is without gravy, and less spicy. I will have a creamy smooth taste due to curd that it has. - 46.7806
Moroccan Vegetable And Chickpea Stew
Traditional Arabic food is blissful if cooked properly, like this Moroccan Vegetable and Chickpea Stew. Take a look at this video to learn how to make this delicious hearty stew. Your diners will definitely adore this dish. It can be a perfect vegan main... - 150.745
Chickpea & Capsicum (pepper) Salad
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add red, green and yellow capsicums (peppers), garlic and spring onions and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until capsicums (peppers) are soft. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
2.... - 35.8869
Chicken With Chickpeas And Rice
In a large saucepan, brown the chicken in 1/4 cup of the ghee.
Add 8 cups of water, half the chopped onions, the garlic, cinnamon stick and 2 teaspoons salt.
Bring to a boil, cover and continue to cook until chicken is tender enough for the meat to fall off... - 43.0414
Spicy Sardines With Chickpea And Avocado Salad
To make the salad, place the egg yolk in a bowl, beat in the oil and vinegar and stir in the onion, garlic, parsley, capers, chickpeas and avocado.
Season with salt and black pepper.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
Lightly spray a small frying... - 42.0702
Lebanese Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine
Lebanese Vegetable & Chickpea Tagine, is an amalgam of subtle flavors. A wondrous stew of vegetables with chickpea which has fruit and vegetable flavors and nuttiness of almonds. - 45.4056
How To Make Falafel
1. In a medium bowl, stir together onion, cumin seeds, cumin powder, garlic, green chili, salt, cilantro and parsley.
2. Add in the chickpeas and mix well, followed by whole wheat flour and mix again.
3. In a blender, put the mixture and blend,... - 0
Bring a bit of Sicily home with the panelle, delicious chickpea fritters in sesame seed buns! - 134.564
Masala Pancakes / Indian Savory Pancakes (besan Puda)
Demonstrating how to make Indian style savory pancakes using Gram Flour (i.e. chickpea flour), also called Besan. These Masala Pancakes are stuffed using potatoes and the batter is made using simple Indian spices and grated carrot (shredded Radish/mooli) is... - 0
This is an authentic Indian Gujarati Vegetarian Curry patty. - 0
Boorelu is a traditional Andhra sweet dish that is made with a filling of chickpea and jaggery. This dish is more popular during Sankranthi festival; however, it is symbolic of a festive occasion and some people like to make it even during other festivals... - 0
Home Style Falafel
Falafel has ruled the Arab snack world since from the time it was created and now it has gained popularity world wide. This home style falafel recipe is an easy way to prepare this crispy crunchy snack at home and you can have as many as you want as you are... - 119.765
Punjabi Chhole Bhature
Fond of North Indian food? Your treat is incomplete without these yummy Punjabi Chhole Bhature. This dish is one of the staples in North India and is served as a main dish. The recipe is simple and completely deletctable. Watch the video and treat your family... - 96.9738
Onion Stuffed Falafel
Falafel is a great snack in itself, but this onion stuffed falafel is a great creation as it adds an extra kick to this dish, once you bite through the crisp crust into the soft and tangy onion mixture you get a nice kick of titillating flavors. Watch the... - 116.328
Chola Aloo Tikki
Chef Manjula has a Chola Aloo Tikki recipe that is as good as regular aloo tikki but with a little extra protein. She is adding chick peas for a little twist keeping the delicious taste intact. They can be enjoyed by itself as appetizer or finger foods or can... - 123.709
Falafel is a reviving combination of chickpeas, tahini and lemon sauce. My husband fell so much in love with this Falafel that he ate it at a single go. Your husband will pretty much like it too! - 36.4523
Soaked and boiled brown chickpeas, tempered with a classic South Indian mix of mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves. - 43.8802
Chick Pea Soup
1) Drain the overnight soaked chick peas and keep aside.
2) Break the noodles into 2.5cm/1 inch long pieces and cook in salted water. ... - 45.7791
Linguisa And Garbanzo Stew
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat; add onion and cabbage and cook, stirring, until vegetables are limp and lightly browned.
Stir in garbanzos and their liquid.
Cut linguisa into 2-inch chunks and add to pan.
Cover and simmer for 30 minutes,... - 35.0337
Chana Dal Pulao In Kadai
Chana dal (Split Bengal Gram) pulao is an easy to cook dish made with chana dal, rice and various seasonings and spices. Both the gram and the rice need to be soaked in water for some time before cooking the pulao, so that the dish gets cooked well and... - 0
Simple Safed Chole
Safed chole (white chickpea) is one of the common dishes consumed in Indian households, and is also made commonly in parties and huge gatherings, served with rice, puri, bhature or roti. - 0
Chana Dal Cooked With Lamb
Pat the meat pieces dry with a paper towel.
Put the 1 chopped onion, garlic, and ginger into container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed... - 44.5545
Onam Special Kootucurry!
This is a very traditional dish from the heart of Malabar. It is part of the sadya or Feast along with avial and sambar and the rest. It has the goodness of yam, raw plantain and chickpeas. - 0
Fresh Chole Chaat
For starters, this Fresh Chole Chaat will be a tad spicy, but you can always adjust the spice levels. It is healthy and it makes a good any time snack. I would love to munch on this when watching a game on TV. Learn how to make this dish from Manjula! Enjoy! - 117.41
The first time I made this choley I jumped with joy when I tasted it and couldn't believe how closely it measured up to the real deal! The uniqueness about this choley is the brilliant marriage of hotness and sourness, it is magnificent and melt in your mouth... - 43.6218
Kale Chole In Onion And Tomato Gravy
Black chickpeas (kale chole or kala chana) are quite popularly consumed in Indian households and are considered to be quite healthy due to being rich in fiber and protein. Also the chickpeas have low glycemic index, thus helping in controlling hunger. It is... - 0
Curried Chick Peas
1. Drain the chick peas. Cover with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Drain and reserve the stock.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and cumin seeds for 5 minutes.... - 30.7647
Hot Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Drain and set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek... - 46.1777
Pakoda Moru Kozhambu
A typical south indian dish. This variety of moru kozhumbu/khadi is prepared during parties or occasions. It is simple and delicious to eat. The pakodas soaked in the moru kozhumbu have a nice taste to it. - 0
TO MAKE THE KARHI Sift the 3/4 cup chickpea flour into a bowl.
Add 1/2 cup of the buttermilk, a little at a time, and mix well until you have a thick, smooth paste.
Now add the remaining 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, mixing as you pour it in.
Add 5 cups of water to... - 43.7561
Khatte And Spicy Safed Chole
Safed chole (white chickpea), also known as garbanzo beans, is one of the most popular Punjabi dishes commonly savored with bhature, puri, rice and roti. Safed chole can be made in a number of ways, however here I have made my favorite khatte and spicy chole.... - 0
1. Place the chick-peas in a large, heavy kettle, add water and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cover, turn off heat; cool 1 hour. Bring to boiling; reduce the heat; cover kettle; simmer for 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until firm-tender.
2. While the... - 32.5643
A popular dish of Maharashtra but a well renowned street food from the city of Mumbai. Misal is chick peas or any other variety of pea made into a curry which is called usal and the topped and mixed with farsan usal transforms itself to misal! - 0
Want to try out a delicious Indian dessert? Try making besan ladoo with chef Manjula. She makes this dessert with chickpea flour, sugar and fat. Her instructions for the recipe are simple and easy to understand. - 120.796
Kale Chole Without Onion And Garlic
Black Chickpea (kala chana or kale chole) is a cholesterol and hunger control ingredient, commonly made in Indian households, in a number of ways. Though most of the people make the dish in onion and tomato gravy; however here I have not used onions in the... - 0
Simple Dondakaya Fry
1.Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chickpeas,red chili and curry leaves.
2.Once it splutters, add the gherkin slices and sauté for a minute.
3.Add the chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,salt and mix it well.
4.Pour... - 0
Bhindi Peanut Fry
Okra is a rich source of vitamin K, anti-oxidants and minerals and also fiber. This healthy vegetable can be prepared in many ways and shallow frying them is one very popular way of preparing. In fact, the peanuts in the fry add a nice crunch to the dish. - 0
Toasted Chick Peas
Heat half the oil in a heavy frying pan over a low heat.
Add 1 garlic clove and half the chick peas and cook, stirring frequently but gently, for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with salt and stir again, then transfer to a roasting pan.
Repeat with the remaining oil,... - 24.474
Sabat Sabzian Balti Style
Heat the oil in a wok or deep, round-bottomed pan over medium heat.
Add the onions or shallots, and the garlic and ginger pastes, and stir-fry for about a minute.
Add all the dry spices and tomato paste, and cook, stirring, for another minute.
Stir in the... - 45.5293
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic cumin, and coriander and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the garlic begins to brown.
Add the eggplant, zucchini, squash, pepper, and mushrooms, and cook, stirring frequently, for 8... - 38.5404
Paneer 65 Rwith Broccoli, Indian Appetizer
Learn how to make indo-chinese style paneer appetizer called Paneer 65. It doesn't require a whole lot of traditional recipes and the result is simply delectable. A must try recipe for all paneer lovers. - 0
Beerakaya Senagapappu Koora
Ridge gourd is a bland vegetable but when combined with other ingredients the flavor is enhanced. It is a healthy curry that is generally eaten in South India mixed with rice. However, it tastes good even with rotis. Check this recipe to know its preparation. - 0
Polenta And An Asparagus Mushroom Garlic
Looking to prepare a Mediterranean meal? This recipe will have you making Mediterranean meals more often by demystifying the recipe
Directions for preparation:
• Slice the polenta bar into desirable thickness.
• Sprinkle both the... - 39.0267
Moms Special Chama Koora
Not many would be familiar with dishes made of taro leaves. It's an extremely tasty dish. Easy to make and healthy to eat, what more can one ask for! Try this yummy and unique dish!! - 0
Besan Halwa / Besan Burfi (magas) / Indian Sweets
Besan Halwa recipe: Demonstrating how to make Besan Ka Halwa or Besan ki Burfi which is a popular Indian sweet and perfect for festival cooking. This Diwali impress your family and friends by making this sweet Indian Besan pudding - 0
Easy Besan Ladoo
Besan laddu is not only one of India's favorite sweet made especially on festivals and celebrations, it is also one of the easiest to prepare. The video shows very simple and quick process of preparing besan laddus to treat the Lord Ganesha and your family... - 60.0571
A simple and tasty vegetable curry. Not many ingredients are used in this. It has a nice and light taste to it. - 0
Vengayam Thakkali Thokku
Tomatoes Onion chutney is very simple to make by just tossing some onions and tomatoes together.If your tired and want to fix your dinner you can make this dish fast and enjoy it. - 44.6199
Chewda ( Chuduva, A Snack ) Making Made Easier
Chivda makes such a delicious and easy family snack to be enjoyed with tea. There are so many varieties of chivda, but this recipe shows us how to make one of the most popular and loved version typically made in Maharashtrian homes, It is a spicy poha... - 96.6993