- » Chickpea Side Dish
Chickpea Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chickpea side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chickpea side dish recipes.
Dede's Best Hummus
This hummus is undoubted the most authentic and best version you can find. We lived in the Middle East for a few years where we fell in love with Arabic food and have since been looking for a delicious, authentic hummus recipes. This is sincerely the best and... - 138.329
Here’s a quick recipe to make your own hummus from scratch. Just follow my simple steps and you’ll be amazed how easy it is to make! - 128.809
Mediterranean Chickpea And Quinoa Summer Salad.
This healthy yet delicious chickpea and quinoa salad is a great alternative to your traditional and boring leafy green salad. The quinoa serves as a great base for the flavorful vinaigrette and protein filled garbanzo beans. Since quinoa is gluten free, this... - 128.54
Hummous or hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dish. It's a great vegetarian food because of the protein in beans. Hummus is the word for chick peas but you can use other beans in this dip. I like roasting the garlic for a sweeter flavor. Just place about six... - 121.048
Simple Rawalpindi Chole
A hot bowl of Rawalpindi chole is a delicacy to enjoy, when it is served with steaming rice or Indian breads like naan, roti, bature etc. It is also a good source of vegetable protein, fiber and loads of minerals. You can make it little less spicy, if you ... - 119.755
Here’s a simple salad that’s good for a picnic, cookout, or even a lunch or dinner side. And there’s a good tip for getting those canned beans to taste like something! - 118.994
Indian Chana Masala
One of our Family Favorite dish. Very healthy and nutritious and easy to prepare. Tastes best when eaten with bhatura, roti or rice! - 115.847
Papaya, Chickpea And Feta Salad
Today I'll be making a Papaya, Chickpea and Feta salad - a light, cool and easy to make salad, perfect for hot days when you just can't be bothered to turn the oven on. The dish is packed with flavour thanks to the lemon and lime juice zinging out on every... - 112.955
If you love making dips then do try out this hummus. It's simple and easy to make. It goes well with wraps, crackers, fresh vegetables or even as a sandwich spread. - 110.99
How To Make Dill Hummus
If you have a knack for a traditional dish, then you are on the right page. Hummus is very popular and authentic middle-east dish. You can add dill to make the bland hummus more flavored. Check out the recipe right away. - 108.978
Quick And Easy Italian Chickpea Salad
Whether you believe it or not, chickpeas form an intrinsic part of Italian recipes. And Italian style chickpea salad is quite sumptuous to say. Now you too can learn how to make this yummy salad. Thanks to the video recipe, you can now toss up a quick,... - 108.223
Mediterranean Style Colorful Chickpea Salad
Looking for something simple yet satisfying for your weekend lunch or weekday supper? Then this warmly-spiced, rough-and-ready chickpea salad recipe from Betty’s kitchen is what you will need to fill you up. Ready in less than half and hour, this... - 107.391
Classic Hummus Dip
In need of easy and delicious dipping sauce for your favorite appetizer? Here is a classic recipe to make one using a few easily available ingredients. Check out Caitlin making Classic Hummus using whole chickpeas and other common flavors. Turns great when... - 106.383
If you are game for some spicy Indian dish for dinner tonight, then chole is what you need? Dipali Kapadia tells you how you can whomp up this yummy chickpea curry at home using simplest of ingredients. If you aren't too fond of eating spicy food, you can... - 104.738
This traditional hummus is probably the most world famous dish from the middle eastern countries. The ease to make it, nutritional value and the gratifying flavor are the main reasons behind its success. Take a look at the easy steps in this video. - 104.014
Hummus With Lemon Juice
Classic Mediterranean dip. This video shows a very easy way to prepare authentic hummus. This chickpeas dip can be made at all times. It only takes a few minutes to prepare, and it's healthy. It is creamy and delicate in taste rather than overpowered with... - 102.271
Chickpea In Lettuce Wrap
Are you looking for an innovative yet healthy side dish? Here's a recipe that is just apt for you. Watch this video now to learn this simple Chickpea in Lettuce Wrap recipe. The dish is packed with nutrients and is sure to impress all. - 101.022
Healthy Yummy Mac & Cheese
1. In a saucepan take nutritional yeast, chick pea flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika and pepper. Whisk all the ingredients well.
2. Turn on the heat and pour in coconut milk, let it boil.
3. Turn off the heat and add hippie butter. Whisk well.... - 96.962
Vegan Chickpea Salad
Are you a salad lover? This video is just right for you. Watch the chef prepare her secret recipe to make this Vegan Chickpea Salad. The recipe is simple and can be easily replicated at home.Watch this video now. - 96.1968
Very few foods are as healthy and satiating as hummus. In this video, you can learn how to whomp up this Middle Eastern delight at home without any arduous toil. Prepared using garbanzo beans and olive oil, this scrumptious dip makes for a filling snack too. - 95.5155
Creamy Chickpea Stew
Channa or chickpea is common in several regional preparations across India. Chef Madhura shows the recipe to make Chana Dal, a good variation lentil dish in simple and easy steps to go well with rotis. Good with rice and naan too! - 90.754
Middle Eastern Hummus
If you are looking for a healthy, low fat and quick appetizer recipe, you have landed in the right place. Hummus, a simple and quick Middle Eastern dip that makes for a yummilicious snack can be prepared in a snap. What more, this tasty dip stores well and... - 86.2458
Easy Chickpea Salad
Fond of chickpeas? Here's a great way to include them in your menu. Watch the chef share her personal favorite recipe to prepare this Easy Chickpea Salad. The recipe makes an excellent side dish and is very very impressive. Do give it a try. - 83.5668
Stir Fried Chick Peas
Chickpeas are always found to be cooked in gravy but this stir fried chick peas recipe from Jameela is so different from those in the gravy. In this video she has simply stir fried the chick peas with a little tempering and still they taste so good, that's... - 72.929
There are so many rice dishes, but it is never enough when it comes to experimenting with rice. In this video Jameela makes her favorite chickpea rice. Its looks quite simple and nice and you would love its rustic flavors. - 71.3738
Chickpea Salad Evelyn
Day 1: Add enough water to the chickpeas to cover them by 3 or 4 inches, and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
As the chickpeas absorb the water, they will more than double in volume.
Day 2: Combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
Place all... - 49.5805
Provencale Chickpea Slather
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the... - 49.4054
Chickpea Salad With Roasted Tomatoes
1. Wash the chickpeas and soak them in sufficient water leaving overnight.
2. Drain chickpeas, rinse well and place in a saucepan. Cover with double the amount of water and 1 teaspoon salt.
3. Place on a medium flame and boil till they are... - 48.3485
Canned Chickpeas With Garlic And Ginger
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat oil in large skillet or 10-inch heavy-bottomed pot over a medium flame.
When hot, put in the... - 47.9568
Chickpea And Tahini Casserole
1) In a casserole, place the spring onions, carrots, red pepper and parsnips.
2) To this, add the oil. Toss well.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, tomatoes along with their juice and... - 47.8784
Salt Cod, Chickpea, And Potato Soup
1) In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil, over medium heat.
2) To the hot oil, add the garlic.
3) Saute it, stirring often, for a while.
4) Stir in the onion, and saute it, until tender.
5) Then, add the potato, and saute for a minute.
6)... - 47.5918
Chickpea And Tahini Spread
Chick Pea Spread is an extremely tasty spread that can be served with some tortilla chips! Experience the wonder of the Chick Pea Spread or hummus with this wonderful recipe. - 47.5438
1. In a stock pot or sauce pan, soak the beans in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Boil the soaked beans for 30-40 minute or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are tender. Drain the beans reserving the liquid and keep aside until... - 46.6311
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil then in the same saucepan for 30 minutes or until they are tender.
3. When cooked, drain the beans, reserving... - 46.4343
Hot Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Drain and set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek... - 46.1777
Chickpea Spread - Hummus
1. In a food chopper or liquidizer, add the onion and parsley.
2. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, spices and seasonings and garlic.
4. Blend to a paste of slightly grainy consistency.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive... - 46.0118
Spicy Chick Peas
1) Pre-soak the chick-peas in plenty of cold water overnight or for 12 hours.
2) Drain them thoroughly.
3) In a saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil over moderate heat.
4) Add the bay leaves and cumin and cook, mixing, for 1-2... - 45.558
Chick Pea And Artichoke Salad
1) In a salad bowl, add the chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomato, and scallions. Mix gently and keep aside.
2) In another small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese.
3) Using a wire whisk, beat until the mixture is blended... - 45.4114
Chickpea And White Bean Ragu With Collard Greens
1. In two separate pots Place the chickpeas and beans, cover them both with water and bring the water to a boil.
2. Reducing the heat, simmer them both until they are tender, approximately 1 hour for the beans and 2 hours for the chickpeas, drain and... - 45.3869
IF USING dried chickpeas, place in medium pan.
Cover with water and oil.
Bring to the boil, partially cover and cook on medium heat 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
(Chickpeas will cook in about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.)
1.Pour chickpeas into... - 45.3644
1. Wash and soak peas.
2. Drain the chick peas; add it to the food processor or blender along with garlic, lemon juice and oil and blend well. It is always nice to work out short bursts and use spatula to scrape out the mixture from sides of food... - 45.2566
Algerian Chickpea Bread
TO MAKE THE SPONGE: In a small bowl, combine the flour with the water and yeast.
Stir the mixture until blended, cover, and let sit in a warm place for 24 hours.
In a bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer, stir the sponge with the honey, water, and yeast.
Let... - 45.1689
Chickpea And Sausage Saute
1) In a 9-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) To this, add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
3) Over high heat, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables turn tender-crisp.
4) Now, add the remaining ingredients except the... - 45.1436
Cucumber Hummus Tortilla Pizza
To make the hummus: In a blender or food processor, combine the onion, cucumber, chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and salt.
Process for 3 minutes, or until smooth.
To make the pizza: Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Coat both sides of the tortillas with... - 44.8063
Chick Pea Salad With Cumin
1. In a bowl add all salad ingredients and combine them together.
2. Microwave the cumin seeds for about half a minute or dry roast them in frying pan for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Combine the roasted seeds with rest of the dressing... - 44.6049
Tofu And Chickpea Burgers
1) In a pan, add the onion, garlic, spices and lemon juice, allow to boil. Then simmer covered for 5 minutes until soft.
2) In a bowl, add the chick-peas, tofu and potato and mash well. Stir in the onion mixture, coriander and seasoning. Mix well and... - 44.2295
Soak beans overnight in water and 1/4 tsp soda bi-carb.
Boil till tender and till there are 2 cups water left.
Strain out the liquid and keep aside.
Heat oil, fry onions, chillies and ginger till brown, add in yoghurt, salt and rajmah water.
When it boils,... - 44.1202
1. Sift together flour and gram flour.
2. Wash spinach well. Drain and chop finely.
3. Peel and chop onions finely.
4. Add chopped ingredients to the sifted flour.
5. Add salt and water.
6. Knead to a stiff dough.
7. Divide into even portions.
8. Roll out... - 43.9502
Sweet Potato And Chickpea Saute
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat margarine till melted.
2) In this, add onions and over high heat, saute for 1 minute, until the onions are tender.
3) Now, add sweet potato and mix well.
4) Over medium-high heat, cook for 2 minutes, stirring in... - 43.9321
This great tasting, versatile Mediterranean dip is easy to make and it is one of the more popular Middle Eastern dips. Served with fresh or toasted pita bread, hummus makes for a great snack or appetizer at a party. Tahini is an important part of the hummus... - 43.8194
Chickpeas Tomatoes And Rice
1. In a large (2 quart) heavy skillet or saucepan, heat the oil over moderate heat
2. Add and sauté the garlic just until it is golden.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and seasonings according to preference.
4. Reduce the heat and let the mixture... - 43.7172
Chickpea And Spinach Chapatis
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until... - 43.5344
Capellini And Chickpea Soup (fideo Y Garbanzos Sopa)
In a large saucepan render the fatback golden and crisp.
Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of fat, reserving the remaining fat.
Add the capellini and saute until golden.
Remove with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Add the... - 43.1714
1) In a bow of water, soak the dried chickpeas for about 8 hours, or preferably overnight.
2) Drain the chickpeas and in a saucepan, put them along with the stock. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan with a lid, and gently cook over low... - 43.158
Soft Chickpea Flatbread With Onions And Thyme
Place the chickpea flour in a large bowl and slowly add the water, whisking constantly to prevent clumps.
You'll end up with a fairly liquid batter.
Add the salt, stir, and let the batter rest, covered with plastic wrap, for at least four hours at room... - 42.3446
1) Drain chick peas well.
2) In a blender jar, mix the drained chickpeas with all other ingredients.
3) Blend till a creamy mixture forms.
4) Serve chilled, scattered with chopped parsley and as a dip for raw vegetables of your choice or use... - 42.3348
1. Soak gram overnight.
2. Grind with salt, green chillies and cumin.
3. Heat oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, turmeric and chilli powder.
4. Add the gram mixture and water and stir well.
5. Cover the pan and let it cook, stirring occasionally.
6. When... - 42.1422
Pumpkin And Chickpea Curry
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Fry gently for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the garlic, ginger and spices and fry for a further minute. Add the chopped tomatoes and chillies and cook for another minute.
3. Add the pumpkin... - 42.046
Chick Pea Chili
1) In a saucepan, heat oil and cook the onion and garlic, until translucent.
2) Stir in the chickpeas, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano and red pepper.
3) Simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) Serve over the rice topped with the yogurt,... - 42.0132
Chickpea And Baked Bell Pepper Salad With Cumin
1. In a large saucepan, cover the chickpeas with cold water and let soak overnight at room temperature. The next day, strain off the water. Cover the chickpeas with 6 inches of fresh water and bring to a boil over high heat. Using a ladle, skim the water to... - 41.874
This dish goes well with puttu(steamed rice cake), chappathi(indian bread), appam(hoppers), dosa(south indian crêpe) and idli. - 41.3792
Cold Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the ginger slices.
Simmer gently for 1 hour.
Discard ginger slices.
In a serving bowl, combine the dal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining ingredients.
To serve: Serve... - 41.2672
1. Start by preheating the oven to 375°F and also grease the baking tray
2. Start grating rind from the orange and squeeze 2 teasp orange juice and coarsely chop the nuts
3. In a bowl, place the margarine or butter and sugar, and cream... - 41.2146
Linguine With Chickpea Sauce
Cook in boiling water until al dente (firm to the bite).
Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
Heat in saucepan.
Add and saute for 1 minute.
Add and cook on a medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Add and cook for another 10-12 minutes.
Puree and toss with... - 40.6887
1. Drain the chickpeas. Dry-roast the cumin and coriander seeds in a non-stick pan, then crush them lightly with a pestle and mortar.
2. Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients and set aside.
3. Mix all the remaining salad ingredients in a... - 40.2096
Humus Bi Tahini
1) All ingredients are pureed in a food processor, till they blend.
2) Garlic is mixed well.
3) A little liquid from the cooked beans is added to the mixture, if needed. The processor is stopped a couple of times to scrape down the sides of the work... - 40.1837
Vegetable And Chickpea Stew With Couscous
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat.
Add the onion, ginger, and cumin seeds; cook, stirring, until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add the bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, cinnamon stick, and salt and bring to a... - 39.7773
1. Cook pasta in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain, rinse under cold running water and set aside to cool completely.
2. Place chickpeas, carrots, zucchini, celery, red pepper, beans, tomatoes and pasta in a bowl and toss to... - 38.9348
Spicy Okra And Chickpea Salad
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion; saute 3 minutes.
Add okra; saute 5 minutes.
Add chickpeas and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill. - 38.7127
Bhuna Masala Chana
Heat oil, fry masala well, add channa with its water, simmer for 10 mins.
Add tamarind pulp and remove from fire after simmering for 5 mins.
Dry water completely.
Serve with purees. - 38.428
1. Wash the garbanzo beans thoroughly and add to a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Cover with fresh water and bring to a boil.
3. Simmer beans for about 1 1/2 hours, until very tender.
4. Drain the beans when cooled, reserving the water... - 38.1945
Chickpea Stew With Greens And Spices
1. Place the greens in a steamer, cover and steam over boiling water until wilted, about 5 minutes. When the greens are cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them and set aside.
2. Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl and add water to cover. Rub the beans... - 37.8823
Indian Chickpea Salad
1. Put 5 tbsp of the oil into a large pan and add the garlic, chillies and cumin. Warm over a medium heat for 10 mins - take care the garlic doesn't burn. Add the chickpeas, then warm through for 5 mins. Meanwhile, heat the grill to high.
2. Add the tomatoes,... - 37.0634
Chickpea And Hominy Stew
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
Add onion, chile, and garlic; saute 1 minute.
Add water and next 4 ingredients; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in spinach, pepper, and cumin. - 37.062
1. Place the dried chickpeas in a medium saucepan and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Set aside to soak overnight.
2. Drain the chickpeas, return them to the saucepan, cover again with cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the... - 36.774
1 Soak the chick-peas in water to cover overnight. Drain. Cook in well-salted water until they are nearly done but still a bit hard, about 1 hour. Drain.
2 Divide cooked chick-peas into 2 portions. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in each of 2 skillets, then saute 2... - 36.4538
Indian Beef And Chickpea Curry
1. Heat the oil in a heavy 12-inch skillet over moderate heat. Add the onion and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
2. Add the beef and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until browned.... - 36.0858
Nectarine And Chickpea Couscous Salad With Honey Cumin Dressing
1. Bring 11/4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork, cool.
2. Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients (through coriander) in a large bowl, stir well with a whisk. Add... - 36.0823
Caesar Bean Salad
1. In a salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients.
2. Drizzle the dressing and toss to coat well.
3. Cover the bowl and chill the salad in the refrigerator.
4. Pack into lunch boxes for lunch or serve as a side to your main dish. - 36.0109
Chickpea & Capsicum (pepper) Salad
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add red, green and yellow capsicums (peppers), garlic and spring onions and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until capsicums (peppers) are soft. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool.
2.... - 35.8869
Harissa Spiked Hummus
Put three-quarters of the chickpeas in a food processor with 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic and half a cupful of water.
Blitz until smooth, adding a little more water if necessary to make a thick cream consistency.
Add the rest of the chickpeas, then whizz again... - 35.7737
Chicken, Asparagus And Chickpea Salad
Cook chicken on heated oiled griddle (or grill or barbecue) until browned both sides and cooked through; cut each chicken piece into 3 pieces.
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.
Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender; drain.
Rinse... - 35.7241
Caponata With Chickpeas
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant, peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, pignolias, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook... - 35.6995
Marinated Vegetable Salad With Vinaigrette
Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a bowl.
Combine chickpeas, vegetables, and olives in a large bowl; toss to coat with dressing.
Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to overnight, tossing occasionally.
Garnish each serving with feta... - 35.4457
Hummus With Pumpkin And Pomegranate
1) Puree the chickpeas, pumpkin, tahini, parsley and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
2) Transfer to a serving plate.
3) Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the hummus.
4) Serve chilled or at room temperature with the pitas. - 35.2053
Garlic Braised Eggplant And Chickpea Casserole
1. In a large skillet or flameproof casserole, heat the oil over high heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until dark brown, about 15 seconds. Add the fennel seeds and black pepper and cook for 5 seconds. Add the onions and garlic and reduce the heat to... - 34.9116
Spiced Chickpea And Lamb Soup
1. Drain the soaked peas and beans in a colander, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Put them into separate saucepans, cover with plenty of cold water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour, then drain and reserve the... - 34.734
1 Soak the chick-peas in water overnight. Drain, discard soaking water and add fresh water to cover. Add the salt and bring to a boil. Simmer until tender, 1 to 2 hours.
2 When the chick-peas are tender, fry the onion and salt pork in the bacon drippings in a... - 34.6462
Spicy Potato And Chickpea Salad
1. In a medium-size skillet, heat the anchovy in the oil over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until the anchovy disintegrates and the oil is hot. Add the onion and garlic and cook 1 minute, tossing to coat with oil, then cover and cook 4 to 5... - 34.3869
Chickpea And Herb Salad
1. The evening before, put the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and pour over sufficient boiling water just to cover. Set aside until the water has been absorbed.
2. If you want to give a fluffier finish to the bulgur wheat, transfer it to a steamer and steam... - 34.331
Tomato & Chickpea Bake
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Fry the aubergine and onion in the oil in a large pan for about 5 mins until softened and lightly coloured. Add the garlic, canned tomatoes, 1/2 can of water, 1 tsp oregano and a little pepper. Bring to the boil, then... - 34.203
Greek Style Chickpea Salad
1. In medium mixing bowl combine dill, 1 tablespoon water, the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, and pepper, stirring well.
2. Add remaining ingredients except lettuce and feta cheese to dill mixture, tossing to coat.
3. Line serving bowl with lettuce; top with... - 34.2013
Sweet And Sour Chickpea And Sesame Seed Chutney
1. In a food processor, grind the chickpeas to a smooth paste. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Roast the sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for about 1 minute over a moderate heat, moving the pan constantly to toss the seeds around and prevent them from burning.... - 34.1269
Mashed Chick Peas With Sesame
Rinse chick-peas under cold water and put a dozen aside.
Mash remaining chick peas in bowl and add garlic, sesame paste, and lemon juice, stirring until mixture is a smooth puree.
If too thick, add a little water.
Season with salt to taste.
Chill, and serve... - 33.594
Garbanzo Chickpea Dip
1.Mix garbanzos with water, oil, sesame seeds, sea salt, garlic and lemon juice.
2.Blend the mixture well.
3.Use as a sandwich spread. - 33.0963
Curried Chickpea Dip With Vegetables
1. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the garlic clove and cook for 5 minutes. Rinse the garlic under cold water and discard the peel.
2. Process the garlic and scallion in a food processor or blender until minced. Add the chickpeas, ricotta,... - 32.7196