- » Chickpea Pita
Chickpea Pita Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chickpea pita recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chickpea pita recipes.
Vegetarian Chickpea Pitas
1) In a small mixing bowl, add the dill, tahini, sour cream, and half-and-half. Mix well.
2) Keep stirring until the mix is smooth and creamy.
3) To this, add chickpeas and feta cheese. Mix well.
4) Now, with a knife, cut each pita into half crosswise.... - 43.8806
Middle East Pita Pockets
In container of blender or food processor combine chick peas, water, sesame seeds, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce and salt.
Cover; blend until smooth.
In medium bowl mix cucumber, yellow squash, zucchini, radishes and green onions.
Cut pita breads in half... - 33.5768
Here is an excellent video that shares a recipe for an easy homemade hummus. The video is a must see if you are a fan of this Middle Eastern dip. The chef here simply blends all the ingredients together, tops with some olive oil, and a wonderful dip is ready... - 127.773
Hummus Chickpea Spread
1) Using a food processor puree the first eight ingredients.
2) Add salt and pepper to taste.
3) With the processor motor running, add enough water to get dipping consistency.
4) Serve with Pita Chips. - 36.6351
1. Blanch the garlic in boiling water 4 minutes. Drain the garlic, cool under cold water and discard the peels.
2. Combine the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, oils and 1/2 teaspoon of water in a food processor or blender, and process until pureed.
3. Halve... - 29.5126
Chickpea With Vinaigrette
1)Mix chickpeas, juice of orange,chopped parsley, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
2) Chill in refriegerator until ready to serve
SERVING ... - 28.6136
Chickpea Spread - Hummus
1. In a food chopper or liquidizer, add the onion and parsley.
2. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, spices and seasonings and garlic.
4. Blend to a paste of slightly grainy consistency.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive... - 44.1254
Reserve 1 teaspoon olive oil.
Combine peas, tahini, garlic and lemon juice in food processor container.
Process until smooth, adding remaining olive oil.
Add salt and pepper.
Spoon into serving dish.
Make an indentation in top.
Drizzle reserved olive oil in... - 41.3794
Lamb In Pita Bread
1. Place the lamb in a food processor and process just until ground. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 300°.
3. Stack the pitas, wrap in foil and set aside.
4. In a medium-size nonstick skillet, brown the lamb, onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium-high... - 40.2566
Hummus With Pita Triangles And Crudites
In a food processor or blender, puree the garbanzos with the garlic, lemon juice, and cayenne until smooth.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Garnish with a sprig of parsley and a sprinkle of cayenne.
Spread on pita triangles and serve with crudites. - 28.9463
Tofu Hummus With Pita Crisps
1. Place the tofu in a food processor or blender with the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini and garlic, and process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl, stir in the dill, cover and refrigerate.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. Split the pita... - 35.1672
Homemade Pita Pizzas And Creamy Hummus
Pita pizzas and creamy hummus - nothing can beat this combination, when you are wondering what to serve to your guests in the afternoon party. This is also a healthy snack option for all of you, who prefer to munch on something nutritious. Now you should... - 107.488
Pita Bread With Hummus Tomatoes And Mint
Pita Bread With Hummus Tomatoes And Mint has a lovely taste. The lemon juice gives the Pita Bread With Hummus Tomatoes And Mint a pungent and invigorating taste. - 39.0589
Grilled Pita Dippers With South Western Hummus
ITS A VERY NICE FUSSION OF DIFFERENT CUSINES ( ARABIC , GREEK AND AMERICAN ).
EVERY BODY LOVES PITA BUT U ALL WILL LOVE TO EAT A GRILLED PITA BREAD WITH A AROMA OF BURNT BUTTER WITH FUSSION OF PITA , AND A DIP ITSELF ONLY MADE FOR PITA . - 54.3181
Spicy Chipotle Hummus
1. In food processor, add chickpeas, yogurt, and garlic.
2. Drop white pepper, lemon juice, and sriracha.
3. Pour chipotle infused olive oil, and blend.
4. Serve spicy hummus with pita chips, flatbread or veggies. - 87.3198
All those who want to replicate the restaurant-like hummus at your home - here is the recipe. This video shows a fantastic way to blend the delicious hummus. Use it as a dip or fill the tortillas - this is just awesome. - 101.108
Middle Eastern Hummus
If you are looking for a healthy, low fat and quick appetizer recipe, you have landed in the right place. Hummus, a simple and quick Middle Eastern dip that makes for a yummilicious snack can be prepared in a snap. What more, this tasty dip stores well and... - 87.8842
Classic Hummus Dip
In need of easy and delicious dipping sauce for your favorite appetizer? Here is a classic recipe to make one using a few easily available ingredients. Check out Caitlin making Classic Hummus using whole chickpeas and other common flavors. Turns great when... - 107.757
If you love making dips then do try out this hummus. It's simple and easy to make. It goes well with wraps, crackers, fresh vegetables or even as a sandwich spread. - 118.299
Falafel is very popular dish in the Middle East as a fast food. Vendors sell it on the street corners in Cairo. It is a favorite among all age groups of people. If you want to give a try to this recipe, just check out the video. - 114.851
Easy Hummus / How To Make Hummus At Home
Demonstrating how to make a very healthy chickpea dip at home called hummus using boiled chickpeas, water, salt, garlic, oil, sesame seeds, lemon juice and red pepper. Great dip to be enjoyed with Pita bread, naan or chips. Great addition to any party menu. - 0
Breakfast casseroles are a great way for a healthy and wholesome breakfast. Here is an amazing video that shows a simple recipe for Lebanese Fatteh. The chef here briefs about the nutritional aspect of this breakfast casserole that is packed with proteins,... - 126.684
Hummus From Heaven
1. In food processor, add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, water, yogurt, and olive oil.
2. Drop cumin, pepper and salt.
3. Add cayenne, sriracha, and sesame oil. Blend until smooth.
4. Taste, and adjust seasoning by adding salt, pepper, sesame oil,... - 101.262
Have you been searching for the authentic Hummus recipe? Look no further, chef Saga demonstrates an easy to replicate procedure to prepare this Mediterranean delicacy. Watch it now. - 88.1477
Mediterranean Low Fat Hummus
Fond of Mediterranean food? This recipe is a must try for you. Watch this video now and learn how to prepare Mediterranean Low fat Hummus. Surprise your family today with this Mediterranean delicacy today. - 99.9509
Hummus With Roasted Red Bell Pepper
Those who are fond of Mediterranean cuisine must have heard of the hummus. This is a popular side dish which is normally served with pita bread or kabab. The chef uses roasted red bell pepper in the recipe. Hummus is easy to serve when you have guests at... - 107.3
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, add in the vital wheat gluten, chick pea flour, nutritional yeast, thyme, rosemary, salt and onion powder. Whisk well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine together ½ cup veggie broth,... - 0
Those who are fond of Mediterranean cuisine must have heard of the hummus. This is a popular side dish which is normally served with pita bread or kabab. Watch the video as the chef shows the quick recipe of hummus. - 132.073
Home Style Falafel
Falafel has ruled the Arab snack world since from the time it was created and now it has gained popularity world wide. This home style falafel recipe is an easy way to prepare this crispy crunchy snack at home and you can have as many as you want as you are... - 123.125
Onion Stuffed Falafel
Falafel is a great snack in itself, but this onion stuffed falafel is a great creation as it adds an extra kick to this dish, once you bite through the crisp crust into the soft and tangy onion mixture you get a nice kick of titillating flavors. Watch the... - 119.721
The first time I made this choley I jumped with joy when I tasted it and couldn't believe how closely it measured up to the real deal! The uniqueness about this choley is the brilliant marriage of hotness and sourness, it is magnificent and melt in your mouth... - 46.9799
In food processor, process all ingredients except pitas and parsley until well blended. - 26.2967
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Have you ever tried making a variation of hummus? Katherine demonstrated a delicious variation to your otherwise regular hummus. She adds in some roasted bell peppers and scallions. Besides being delicious, hummus has high nutritional value. Watch and learn! - 109.959
Lebanese Hummus Part 1 - Preparation
An outright claim of making a real hummus! Authentic Lebanese style! A dip that is nice and creamy made from chickpeas. Part 1 is too much of talking about how the cook does the right way! Part 2 is the real preparation happening! - 66.9842
Lebanese Hummums Part 2 -
Part 2 is the hummus ingredients are blended together to make this awesome dip! A video on the real Lebanese style hummus being made! Watch the video for more! - 65.8592
Hummous or hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dish. It's a great vegetarian food because of the protein in beans. Hummus is the word for chick peas but you can use other beans in this dip. I like roasting the garlic for a sweeter flavor. Just place about six... - 114.665
1)Cook the pre-soaked chickpeas in boiling water and drain. Chop and set aside the onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
2)In a pan, heat oil and add jeera seeds, let it crackle, add onions and brown.
3)The tomatoes go in next after... - 0
Falafel is very popular in the Middle East as a fast food. You can find the vendors selling on the street corners in Cairo. If you want to make this in your own kitchen, here is the recipe. - 96.8846
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Line a baking dish with the foil.
2. Place the pita breads over the lined baking dish and bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
3. In a small bowl mix together tahini sauce, yogurt, garlic,... - 89.8452
Move over Mayonnaise here is a better and healthy dip for you. The video demonstrates a traditional recipe for Hummus as it comes from a local chef who shows you the exact way of preparing the recipe. Smear on toast or dip in a Pita, Hummus is relished anyway... - 75.6259
Hummus Bi Tahina
1. Keeping aside 1 tablespoon chickpeas, place rest in an electric mixer.
2. Add garlic, tahina and 90 ml lemon juice and blend well.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, yoghurt, salt and pepper and blend again till smooth.
4. Remove on to a serving bowl... - 40.3683
Lebanese Fattet Humus
This Lebanese fattet humus is a unique chickpea and flatbread dish that you might have come across. The real zing is added by the yogurt taking it to the next level. Watch the video for detailed recipe. - 113.384
Hummus With Pumpkin And Pomegranate
1) Puree the chickpeas, pumpkin, tahini, parsley and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
2) Transfer to a serving plate.
3) Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the hummus.
4) Serve chilled or at room temperature with the pitas. - 35.7351
1. In a food processor, place together chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini paste and half of the olive oil.
2. Process the chickpea and while processing add in the yogurt to make a coarse mixture.
3. Drizzle the remaining olive oil and seasoning and... - 0
Sage And Red Pepper Hummus
Want a hummus recipe that is out of the ordinary? Then watch this video and learn to make a hummus so tasty that people might just forget the classic and fall in love with your version! - 95.4042
Falafel is a nice picnic snack and a good change from the usual sandwiches. The chef in the video is a pro with Mediterrean dishes and teaches you the right way of making falafel patties. - 63.2426
This is a very popular Middle Eastern dip. Served usually with pita breads. Hummus has got high content of iron and vitamin C. It can be served as a vegan diet and serves as a complete protein when eaten with bread. - 48.7858
1) Drain the chickpeas.
2) In a saucepan, combine chickpeas with water and bring to a boil.
3) Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until very tender.
4) Drain the chickpeas.
5) Puree the chickpeas in food mill or food... - 45.8221
Hummus Spread With Yogurt
Puree all ingredients in processor or blender (if using blender, do in two batches).
Spread on pita bread.
Add whatever stuffings you like.
One of our favorites is a few slices of tomato, avocado slices and a sprinkling of bacon bits.
Keeps in... - 34.1475
Sesame Oil Hummus
1) In a blender or food processor with steel blade, add lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic, chickpeas, and salt and pepper.
2) Blend the ingredients into a smooth paste.
3) In a serving dish, transfer the paste.
4) Sprinkle chopped parsley... - 37.6342
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil them in the same saucepan for 30 to 40 minutes or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are very... - 39.0472
In a blender or food processor, combine the chick-peas, onions, parsley, egg white, garlic, cumin, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
Pulse blend or process until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Shape the mixture... - 46.2616
This great tasting, versatile Mediterranean dip is easy to make and it is one of the more popular Middle Eastern dips. Served with fresh or toasted pita bread, hummus makes for a great snack or appetizer at a party. Tahini is an important part of the hummus... - 45.5178
1. Grind the chick-peas through the coarse blade of a meat grinder or in the container of a food processor.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, with the exception of the last 6 ingredients. Mix well. The mixture will be soft.
3. Preheat the oil to 365... - 30.9623
1) Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
2) Add into a blender and puree to a fine paste.
3) Transfer the chickpeas puree into a bowl. Add in the chopped onions and breadcrumbs.
4) Add in 2 tablespoons of water.
5) Next, go in the parsley, cumin powder,... - 44.2147
Hummus With An Indian Twist
This great tasting, versatile dip is easy to make. It can be served with pita/tandoori bread as an appetizer, can be used as a dressing for a simple cucumber and tomato salad, can be used as a topping on Crostini, or used as a spread for sandwiches and Katti... - 41.0676
Bean And Sesame Seed Spread
Place reserved bean liquid, the sesame seed and garlic in blender container.
Cover and blend on high speed until mixed.
Add beans, lemon juice and salt; cover and blend on high speed, scraping sides of blender if necessary, until of uniform... - 27.3293
Easy Tahini Hummus
1) In a blender, put all the ingredients along with the cooked chick peas.
2) On a low speed, process the ingredients until blended to a smooth consistency, stopping in between to scrape down the sides of the blender container using a... - 30.2936
Nothing like a flavorful hummus to add a flavorful touch to your party menu. Take a look at this video that shares a super simple recipe to make a delicious and satisfying hummus. The video is really interesting to see and offers great serving suggestions... - 123.236
Hummus may not be that familiar to you but, it is quite delicious and super easy to make. Whatever your cooking space, you can master this recipe! Nisa Burns of Kitchenability shows you how to make an easy homemade hummus recipe. It might be easier than you... - 134.319
Falafel is a great way to get your proteins without the meat. Here is an wonderful video that shows how this flavorful dish can be made with ground chickpeas and fava beans. The chef offers great serving ideas in this video. Try out this recipe, it is... - 136.492
Soak the beans in water for about twenty-four hours.
Drain and rinse.
Puree in a food processor or blender.
Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Add all the remaining falafel ingredients, mixing well until creamy and smooth.
If the batter is too thin, add a little... - 39.0914
Falafel Sandwiches With Spicy Tahini Sauce
Whisk together the tahini, water, lemon juice, cayenne, and 1/8 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy.
With the motor running, add the cilantro and garlic through the feed tube of a food processor and... - 37.8378
Hummus With Cookin' Greens
Rinse chickpeas (if canned) Combine chickpeas, spinach, tahina, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor, sprinkle with salt and pepper, puree to consistency of choice. Taste, add more lemon juice or oil to personal preference. Serve with pita... - 28.7519
Persian Ash-e-mast - Yogurt Soup
1) Into a large bowl, add in the minced beef, lemon juice, egg, salt and pepper. Pound the mixture to combine.
2) Use floured hands to shape the mixture into balls of 3/4 inch diameter.
3) Slice the onions into 2-inch lengths.
4) In a saucepan, melt... - 45.2332
Health And Fiber Rich Aubergine Bake
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) In a frying pan, heat half the amount of oil. Saute the aubergine slices till they brown well on both sides.
3) In a large, shallow ovenproof dish, arrange the aubergines.
4) Add more oil into the pan.... - 43.423
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Recipe in the video is by far the simplest hummus ever. Using readymade roasted peppers you can create a wonderful hummus to accompany any chips or crackers you like. This is a super quick recipe which is ideal to make when you get back from work and want to... - 111.633
Authentic And Traditional Hummus
Hummus is delicious and this hummus recipe is easy to make. Hummus can be spelled many ways, houmous, hommos, hummos or humus. But no matter how you spell hummus, it still refers to a Middle Eastern spread or dip that has grown common throughout the world.... - 151.611
1. Drain the chickpeas and grind them finely in a blender.
2. Transfer the ground mixture to a mixing bowl and add seasoning, coriander, herbs and crushed garlic.
3. Knead thoroughly to make the mixture bind together.
4. Combine the ingredients well,... - 46.0897
1) Drain chick peas well.
2) In a blender jar, mix the drained chickpeas with all other ingredients.
3) Blend till a creamy mixture forms.
4) Serve chilled, scattered with chopped parsley and as a dip for raw vegetables of your choice or use... - 42.766
Dahi Papdi Chaat
Today, chef has a mouth-watering Indian street food recipe that doesn't require any cooking except for boiling potatoes. In no time, she puts together a set of ingredients that are readily available at Indian stores. Make sure you don't miss out on mint... - 147.542
Spicy Edamame Hummus With Fresh Lime And Cilantro
Nothing really gives your snacks a better kick than hummus. Camilla Saulsbury shares her own unique hummus recipe, tweaked up with fresh lime and cilantro that makes your snacking time a zesty affair. If you are fond of hummus, try whipping some at home... - 99.8342
Dede's Best Hummus
This hummus is undoubted the most authentic and best version you can find. We lived in the Middle East for a few years where we fell in love with Arabic food and have since been looking for a delicious, authentic hummus recipes. This is sincerely the best and... - 139.947
Chickpea Pita Recipes By Category