- » Chickpea
Chickpea is a legume belonging to the Fabaceae family. It is called garbanzo bean, ceci bean, kabuli chana, chole and Bengal gram. Their color varies from beige to brown. The size of the bean varies from 0.5 cm ... More »
The 'no-killy-philly' Vegan Cheesesteak
The Vegan Cheesesteak is a perfect dish to make when there is a game on TV. A whole bunch of vegan delights go into the making this snack. It is mildly spiced, and quite indulgent actually. If you love the cheese taste, then this is your thing. Enjoy! - 148.164
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
If you are searching for the perfect food to munch on at your leisure time, then these spicy roasted chickpeas can be a nice alternative. The Indian spices add a special zing to these chickpeas. You can prepare this in a large quantity and store in an... - 143.569
In this video, Bhavna shows us how to make this delicious, high fiber snack. These roasted chickpeas are a crispy, crunchy alternative to bland, mushy chickpeas. Indian snack food has never been this good and delicious. I'm gonna try it right away. Mazel Tov! - 141.028
Spiced And Roasted Chickpeas With Carrot Chips And Mimosa Arcade
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. for the carrot chips.
2. On a chopping board, place the carrots and slice them into thick chips. Place the sliced chips onto a baking sheet evenly.
3. Drizzle olive oil and salt and toss well. Bake the dish... - 124.487
Spicy Roasted Chickpea Snack
Super Bowl Parties do not need to be to be a caloric calamity. Don't let your diet take a hit; save that for the guys on the field instead. Instead, try this healthy delicious spicy roasted chickpeas recipe to enjoy with chilled beer enjoy a great Super Bowl... - 123.726
Ground Chicken With Milk And Green Peas
When you don’t have much time to cook a meal you need an easy recipe and needless to say it has to be delicious. In this video, chef Marie makes ground chicken with milk and green peas which she makes at least once in a fortnight. It’s a very simple... - 121.076
Roasted and crunchy, chickpeas make a wonderful nutty treat. I love nuts, all kinds. I add nuts to many dishes and eat them often. On the other hand, I adore chickpeas with their sweet creamy center and their slighty crisp outer shell. This recipe is the... - 119.76
As a go to favorite for the Ceja team, Dalia's, Chipotle Hummus is a sure win with family and friends. Healthy for you and light on the pocket book, we love pairing various Ceja wines with this healthy snack. Salud! - 119.542
Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas
If you hate to give store bought snacks for your kids because they are sugary and unhealthy containing ingredients that are hard to even pronounce. Here, is a weelicious recipe that is as crunchy munchy as store bought snacks but are homemade and thus... - 116.869
Hummous or hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dish. It's a great vegetarian food because of the protein in beans. Hummus is the word for chick peas but you can use other beans in this dip. I like roasting the garlic for a sweeter flavor. Just place about six... - 114.665
Halloween Special Easy Chickpeas
This is a different type of appetizer you can serve for your Halloween party. It's simple and quick to make without much effort. You can try it for the next Halloween. - 112.836
Channa Aloo (curried Chickpeas & Potatoes)
1. Soak dried chickpeas in 3 cups of water overnight. Drain and rinse well.
2. In a large saucepan, put chickpeas, and add 3 cups of fresh water.
3. Place the pan on heat, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until tender. Set... - 110.996
A healthy snack that can also be served as an appetizer. Super easy, requiring ingredients that you might already have on hand in your pantry. - 107.289
Looking to kick the chip habit? Replace that salty and savory snack with these "Crispy Chickpeas." - 106.061
Pressure Cooked Chickpeas
1.Put the chick peas in the pressure cooker along with water and garlic and bay leaf.
2.Close the lid and boil on medium high heat.
3.Cook for about 45 minutes and as the pressure regulator starts rocking remove pressure cooker from the stove.
4.Put it... - 101.938
Sweet Spiced Roasted Chickpeas
Are you looking for a healthy anytime snack? This video is just right for you. Watch the chef demonstrate a step by step process to prepare these Sweet Spiced Roasted Chickpeas, they make a perfect snack to munch on. - 89.5295
Sweet Potato Hummus
This Sweet Potato Hummus is a nutritious and delicious twist on the classic chickpea hummus . The roasted sweet potatoes give it a gorgeous orange color, sweet taste and think creamy consistency. Watch how easy it is to make this! This is the perfect dip for... - 88.2614
Arabic Fetat is a great way to use your leftover pita bread. This recipe turns out to be a rare and rich combination of Arabic flavors. Watch this video to see how you can make this delicious surprise in no time! - 86.1986
Stir Fried Chick Peas
Chickpeas are always found to be cooked in gravy but this stir fried chick peas recipe from Jameela is so different from those in the gravy. In this video she has simply stir fried the chick peas with a little tempering and still they taste so good, that's... - 74.3426
Provencale Chickpea Slather
1) In a non-stick skillet, warm 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-low heat.
2) Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and anise seeds.
3) Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very tender.
4) To this, add the... - 49.0393
Place the drained chickpeas in a large bowl.
Chop the onion and keep aside.
Peel and dice the aloo.
Place the aloo in a sauce pan of water and boil until they cooked and drain and keep aside.
Mix the tamarind paste and water toegther in a small bowl.
Add the... - 48.0559
Gingered Chicken And Pea Pods
Place chicken strips in freezer container.
In 2-cup measure combine all marinade ingredients.
Microwave at High 1 to 2 minutes, or until boiling and honey dissolves, stirring once.
Remove lemon slice.
Pour over chicken strips.
Refrigerate 2 hours.
Label and... - 47.8423
Canned Chickpeas With Garlic And Ginger
Put the garlic and ginger into the container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat oil in large skillet or 10-inch heavy-bottomed pot over a medium flame.
When hot, put in the... - 47.2658
Chickpea And Tahini Casserole
1) In a casserole, place the spring onions, carrots, red pepper and parsnips.
2) To this, add the oil. Toss well.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, tomatoes along with their juice and... - 47.0993
1. In a stock pot or sauce pan, soak the beans in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Boil the soaked beans for 30-40 minute or pressure cook them for 15 minutes until they are tender. Drain the beans reserving the liquid and keep aside until... - 46.2709
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in 6 cups of water, overnight.
2. Adding more water to the soaked chickpeas, boil then in the same saucepan for 30 minutes or until they are tender.
3. When cooked, drain the beans, reserving... - 45.7763
Whiting With Spiced Chickpeas
Combine paprika, ground cumin, garlic and juice in small bowl.
Score one side of each fish; place in large baking dish lined with baking paper, brush with spice mixture.
Bake fish, uncovered, in moderate oven about 20 minutes or until cooked... - 45.602
Flounder Fillets With Chick Pea Relish
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) FOR THE CHICK PEA RELISH: Take a small bowl and combine onion, tomato, jalapeno pepper, vinegar and garlic in it. Add chick peas and mix well. Set aside.
3) FOR THE FLOUNDER FILLETS: Take a small saucepan... - 45.3689
Meat With Courgettes And Chickpeas
1) In a non-stick pan, heat butter or oil and saute onions, garlic cloves until golden.
2) Stir in the meat cubes until browned all over to seal in the juices.
3) Pour in the tomato concentrate.
4) Mix in the chickpeas, and add water to... - 45.2881
Chicken And Peas Pottage
Chicken And Peas Pottage is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious Chicken And Peas Pottage; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 44.7974
Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms
The Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms is a delight to your taste buds. If you are looking for a unique chicken dish then this is the one for you. You have to experience addictive taste of Chicken With Peas And Mushrooms for yourself . - 44.0171
Chicken Pea Chicken
1) Chop the onions finely.
2) Remove any extra fat from the ends of the chicken wings or legs. Dredge the chicken joints in salt and pepper.
3) Mash the olives.
4) In a wok, heat the oil. Add in the chicken. Saute the pieces over medium... - 43.9459
Chicken And Chick Peas
1) Rinse the chicken, dry thoroughly and rub with the salt and powdered ginger.
2) In a deep skillet or casserole, saute the chicken and onions in the butter, until brown.
3) Stir in the chick peas, cumin, coriander and pepper, cook... - 43.7837
1. In a sauce pan or stock pot, soak the chick peas in sufficient water, overnight.
2. Add the soaked chickpeas to a food processor or blender and pulse to a smooth paste, adding cold water if required. Empty paste into a bowl and keep aside... - 43.7095
Millet Chickpea Casserole
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over a medium flame.
2. When the butter starts to foam, add the hing, curry powder, coriander powder and. sauté the spices for 1 minute in the oil.
3. Add the sliced peppers and sauté for another... - 43.5251
Chicken With Peas
Chicken with peas is a herbed chicken recipe cooked with thyme and lime juice. The love for fresh flavors led me to create this recipe and I serve it for both parties and family dinners on request. Served with garnished parsley, the chicken with peas is... - 43.0938
Chicken And Peas Potage
Combine first seven ingredients in a deep saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then skim and reduce heat.
Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
Strain and save broth.
Separate meat from the bones and refrigerate.
Discard bones, skin, celery leaves, peppercorns, bay leaf.
Saute... - 42.6884
Chickpea Recipes By Category