- » Chestnut Appetizer
Chestnut Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chestnut appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chestnut appetizer recipes.
Party Food : Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
These Turkey Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts will be the perfect hors d'oeuvre for your next holiday party or get together. View this video for the details of this healthy and tasty bite. They'll have your guests thinking you slaved away making them when in... - 118.912
Venison With Apple Cider And Chestnut Sauce
If you want to try out venison, then this video is just perfect for you. Look at this fantastic video that shows an amazing recipe for venison with apple cider and chestnut sauce. The chef here marinates and sears the venison and tops with the flavorful... - 116.425
Chestnut, Celery And Mushroom Pie
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) To make the filling, fry the carrot and onion in hot oil for about 5 minutes, till tendered. Add the garlic and celery and cook for another 3 minutes, occasionally stirring. Mix in the... - 48.3027
1) In a saucepan, melt the butter and sautÃ© the onion and celery for 5 minutes.
2) Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, add stock and bring to the boil.
3) Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
4) In a bowl blend together cream,... - 47.5156
Cabbage Terrine With Chestnut Puree
Put 1 cup (250 ml/8 fl oz) of water in the lower compartment of a microwave steamer.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Remove 5 large, whole leaves from the cabbage and set aside.
Remove the hard stalk and shred the remaining cabbage with a kitchen... - 46.011
Chestnut Soup With Chicken Stock
1. Make a slit on the flat side of each chestnut.
2. Peel onion and chop finely.
3. Wash celery and chop them.
4. In a saucepan, place the prepared chestnut and add boiling water to cover them; boil gain and simmer for 10 minutes.
5.... - 45.8294
Melt fat in a large saucepan, fry onion and chestnuts for 5 mins.
Add flour, cook for 2 mins, then gradually stir in stock.
Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until the soup thickens.
Cover, then simmer for 30 mins, or until chestnuts are... - 44.2534
Chestnut Potato Soup
1) Peel, chop or slice the vegetables.
2) In a frying pan, melt the butter and fry the potatoes and leeks for 2-3 minutes.
3) Season the vegetables.
4) Add the chestnut puree, and stir in the watercress and stock.
5) Simmer for 30-40... - 43.8264
Put the frozen chestnuts in a deep casserole and pour over the milk.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes.
Put the celery, bacon and shallots in a small casserole and cover.
Leave the chestnuts to stand for 5 minutes and microwave the bacon, celery and... - 43.4649
Chestnut And Potato Puree
Cover potatoes with 2 quarts salted water and cook un tender.
In a food processor fitted with a steel blade process chestnut puree until smooth.
Transfer to a mixing bowl.
Mash the drained potatoes until smooth with 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of the... - 43.4386
Artichoke And Chestnut Pate
Make cut in side of each chestnut using small knife.
Cook covered in boiling water with 2 bay leaves, 30 minutes.
Remove outer shell and inner skin of each chestnut with small knife.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Chop chestnuts coarsely into about 1/4-inch... - 43.4296
Cream Of Chestnut Soup
Preheat the oven to 400°.
Cut rounded part of the chestnut.
Roast the nuts on a baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Remove the nuts from their shells using a small paring knife and peel away the shell and membrane.
It works best to only do a few nuts at a time, for... - 43.0827
Roast Duck With Port And Chestnut Sauce
Bring water to boil in small saucepan.
Add raisins and simmer until plumped, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to small bowl, add Port and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season ducks with salt and pepper.
Heat butter with oil in heavy... - 43.0477
1. Heat oil in a large pot.
2. Add onion, parsley and carrot and saute.
3. Mix in broth along with bay leaf, sugar, marjoram, chestnuts and basil.
4. Allow the mixture to simmer for 25 minutes to allow chestnuts to turn tender.
5. Take off from heat... - 42.6948
Cream Of Chestnut Soup
Cream Of Chestnut Soup! Doesn€™t it sound tasty? For all those who love a rich and yummy bowl of soup the Cream Of Chestnut Soup is god given. At home the soup bowls are licked clean, at parties they never stop asking for another serving. Try this amazing... - 42.4065
Classic Cream Of Chestnut Soup
Put the chestnuts in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute.
Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
Hold each chestnut in a cloth and peel away the outer and inner skins with a sharp knife.
If the skin does not come away, return to... - 40.8363
Bacon Chestnut Wraps
1. On a microwave roasting rack set inside a 12- x 8- x 2-inch baking dish, place half of bacon.
2. Using paper towels cover, and microwave at HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until bacon is slightly brown, but not crisp.
3. Do the same with the... - 39.5054
Squash Chestnut Soup
Add vegetables, chestnuts and bay leaf.
Simmer until vegetables are tender.
Remove bay leaf.
Blend milk, milk powder, flour and yeast.
Add to soup mixture.
Serve garnished with parsley. - 39.4739
Creamy Chestnut Soup
Cut the tops off the chestnuts and bake them in the oven or grill them for 20 minutes.
Remove the shells and the skins.
Slice the vegetables.
Put chestnuts, bacon, vegetables, sugar, and water in a pan and cook gently until tender - about 3/4 hour.
Rub... - 39.0318
Sausage And Chestnut Stuffing For Chicken
Cook onion in butter for 3 minutes.
Add sausage meat and cook for 5 minutes longer.
Cook and shell chestnuts and mash them coarsely.
Add onion mixture and remaining ingredients; mix well.
Use as stuffing for chicken. - 37.7811
Spiced Bramley Parsnip And Chestnut Soup
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan, add the onions, celery, garlic, thyme, sage and curry powder, then cook over a gentle heat until softened. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Add the stock, parsnips, apple and chestnuts. Season well with salt and... - 37.1079
Cream Of Chestnut Soup
Boil chestnuts about 1 hour, shell, and pound them to a fine paste.
Place in a soup pot and cover with water.
Add vegetables, chicken stock, and seasoning.
Boil together until celery and onion are tender; thicken with the flour and butter rubbed to a... - 35.7323
Chestnut Meatballs fine taste. Chestnut Meatballs gets its taste from sausage and beef mixed in sour sauce. Chestnut Meatballs is loved by many across the world. - 35.6336
1. If you are using fresh chestnuts, use a small sharp knife to slit the shell of each chestnut across the rounded side. Put them into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Lift out the... - 35.2103
In 12-inch skillet heat oil; add onions, celery, bell pepper, broth mix, and garlic and saute over medium heat until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and continue sauteing for 5 minutes longer.
Transfer vegetable mixture to large... - 33.2643
1. Break the chestnut skins with a fork to prevent explosions and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes. When cool enough peel away the shell and inner skin.
2. While the chestnuts are baking chop the vegetables finely and cook in the butter over a gentle... - 32.859
Chestnut Celery Stuffing
1. Wash chestnuts; cut slits in each shell; place in a shallow baking pan. Bake in very hot oven (475°) for 15 minutes. Remove chestnuts; lower the oven temperature to very slow (250°). When cool enough, shell and skin nuts.
2. Cook, covered, in boiling... - 32.0415
n a bowl combine crumbs, milk, soy, garlic salt, and onion powder.
Add beef, sausage, and water chestnuts; mix well.
Form into 1-inch balls.
Bake on 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1-inch baking pan in 350°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes. - 31.1177
Chestnut Stuffing For Roast Turkey
Slit the chestnuts and bake or boil them for 20 min.
Remove shells and skins.
Stew the chest-nuts till tender in sufficient stock barely to cover them.
Rub them through a fine wire sieve.
Add the butter, seasoning, flavouring, sugar and sufficient stock to... - 29.9906
Split the chestnut shells, put in boiling salted water and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Now shell the chestnuts, and peel them.
If the peeling is difficult, as it sometimes is, then boil the shelled chestnuts again for a few minutes.
Throw this water away.
When... - 29.4235
Chestnut Appetizer Recipes By Category
Chestnut Appetizer Course: