- » Chestnut
Chestnut, also known as Castanea and at times as chinkapin or chinquapin, is an edible nut that belongs to the beech tree of the Fagaceae family, a deciduous species that is native to the various temperate regions ... More »
Bacon Covered Chestnuts
As one of our favorite snacks here at Ceja Vineyards, we love these savory morsels paired with Ceja Vineyards 2008 Carneros Pinot Noir. Salud! - 106.101
Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. Rinse, and drain chestnut thoroughly. Slice it into half.
3. In a bowl combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar. Mix well.
4. Drop chestnuts into the bowl. Mix to coat well, and set aside to marinate... - 102.16
Quick Roasted Chestnuts
What's the holidays without an aroma and awesome flavor of roasted chestnuts. Watch this video to make a great snack with chestnuts. Surprise your family by using these roasted chestnuts for stuffing, soup, or salad and enjoy! - 96.6302
Warm yourself up by roasting the chestnuts over a fire! Its fine for a chilly weather to fire roast the nuts! Watch the drunk cook do his thing in this video. - 61.8834
This Chestnut Roast recipe is totally satisfying, Guaranteed! In my estimation, if one is a chef, one needs to have a personal recipe of Chestnut Roast, just like I do. - 48.6905
Stir Fried Prawns With Water Chestnuts And Mangetout
1. In a wok, toast sesame seeds over a moderate heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Keep aside in a plate.
3. In the hot wok, add groundnut or vegetable oil and sesame oil.
4. Heat over moderate heat until hot but not smoking.
5. Add spring onions, ginger, snap... - 48.5839
Stewed Chicken With Chestnuts And Lettuce
Yummy Stewed Chicken With Chestnuts is an exquisite and well flavored chicken preparation that you wouldn't wanna miss! This delicious dish is the stuff meant for kings!! You really need to try this wonderful recipe for Stewed Chicken With Chestnuts. - 48.2391
Chocolate Chestnut Gateau
Break the chocolate into pieces, put in a bowl and melt with the butter in the microwave oven for 2 minutes on HIGH.
Add the egg yolks, sour cream (creme fraiche), cognac and cane sugar syrup to the chestnut puree, beating with a wooden spoon.
Add the melted... - 48.2099
Curried Turkey With Water Chestnuts
1) Cut the green onions and celery in diagonal slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
2) In a skillet, heat oil.
3) Add onions, celery and peppers to sautÃ© until slightly browned.
4) Add almonds, water chestnuts and cooked turkey.
5) Add... - 47.5872
Creamy Chestnut Savory
1) In a pan, steam the soaked chestnuts for about 30 minutes until they are soft.
2) Alternately, slit the skins of the fresh chestnuts, steam for about 40 minutes and immediately peel them.
3) In a covered pan, gently saute the onion and celery in the... - 47.5591
Braised Pheasant With Chestnuts
Put the chestnuts in the pressure cooker, cover with water, put on the lid and bring to high (15 Ib) pressure.
Cook for 2 minutes.
Reduce pressure quickly.
Peel the chestnuts.
Rinse out the cooker and fry the pheasant, dusted with the flour, in the hot butter... - 47.2063
Chestnut Cream Gateau
Put the chestnut puree in a bowl, add the sour cream (creme fraiche) and vanilla and mix well.
Add the egg yolks and mix thoroughly.
Oil the base of a 7 inch (18 cm) souffle mold (mould) and line with a circle of oiled non-stick parchment (greaseproof... - 47.1568
Chestnut Stuffed Goose
Day before or early in day: Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cut gash in shell of each chestnut.
Arrange in 10-inch skillet with ovenproof handle; add shortening; bake 15 minutes.
Remove shells and inner skin; cook chestnuts in boiling salted water, to cover, 5 to 10... - 47.1029
Roast Turkey With Glazed Chestnuts
Taste this wonderfully prepared Roast Turkey with Glazed Chestnuts - an excellent way to make an ordinary meal great! This ordinary, yer extra scrumptious recipe of Roast Turkey with Glazed Chestnuts is thus a must try! - 46.7962
Chocolate Chestnut Bombe
Chill a 1.5 litre/2 1/2 pint bombe mould in the freezer then line with the softened ice cream, smoothing it to make a neat cavity.
Return to the freezer.
To make the filling, drop the chestnuts into boiling water and parboil them for 10 minutes.
Remove from... - 46.6957
Onions Stuffed With Garlic And Chestnuts
1) Place the unpeeled onions in boiling water for about 5 minutes.
2) Remove from boiling water and allow to cool.
3) Snap off the tops, peel, and take out the inner stuff.
4) Chop the in-sides of onions and put aside.
5) In frying pan,fry the bacon... - 46.285
Chocolate Chestnut Gateau
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a deep round cake tin of 8-inches. Use non-stick parchment or greased greaseproof paper to line it.
3) With sifted flour, dust the inside of the prepared tin.
4) Blend together the... - 46.0759
Rinse the raisins (sultanas) under plenty of cold running water.
Pat dry on kitchen paper.
Put 2 oz (50 g/2 oz) in a bowl with the cognac.
Set the rest aside.
Heat in the microwave oven for 1 minute on HIGH.
Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bowl... - 45.8051
Stir Fried Snow Peas With Water Chestnuts
Stir Fried Snow Peas With Water Chestnuts is one of the tastiest dishes I have come across. Just the thought of this yummy vegetable and shrimp dish is making my mouth water. Don't you just have to try the Stir Fried Snow Peas With Water Chestnuts now? - 45.5876
1 Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees farenheit.
2 Lightly butter and flour a 13 X 9-inch baking pan and tap out the excess flour.
3 For cake:In the bowl of a standing heavy-duty electric mixer,combine the... - 45.5713
Creamed Sprouts And Chestnuts
1) In 2 pints of water, boil chestnuts or in a steamer, steam them for 30 minutes until tender and keep aside warm in a pan.
2) Else bake the fresh chestnuts for 20 minutes in a tin on top shelf of a hot oven after making a slit in skins. Discard... - 45.4272
Stuffed Boned Turkey With Chestnuts
Melt half the butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion and fry until it is golden brown.
Add the sausagemeat and cook, stirring, until it loses its pinkness.
Stir in the bread crumbs, thyme, pepper to taste, the celery salt and nutmeg.
Cook for a further 5... - 45.1779
1 For the Filling: In a bowl, combine all filling ingredients and blend well to form a smooth paste.
2 Using a cookie cutter and working with one sheet of pasta at a time, cut out circles about 2 1/2 inches (6 cm) in diameter.
3 Using beaten... - 45.1734
Microwave Sweet And Sour Water Chestnuts & Pork
1. Roll the pork over ginger and flour.
2. In a microwave oven, conventionally brown the dredged pork with little oil on surface unit.
3. In a 1 measure cup combine pineapple juice with ¼ cup flour, and water.
4. Stir in soy sauce, vinegar,... - 44.7631
Braised Pheasant With Chestnut Puree And Orange
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. In a casserole melt 1 to 1 1/2 ounce butter and start browning the pheasant slowly, making sure it is evenly browned all over.
3. Take it out and keep it aside.
4. Add... - 44.4796
Turkey Stuffed With Chestnuts
Turkey Stuffed With Chestnuts has a fine taste. Turkey Stuffed With Chestnuts gets its taste from turkey stuffed with chest nut filling. Turkey Stuffed With Chestnuts is inspired by many food joints across the world. - 44.4763
Preheat the oven to 190Â°C/375Â°F/Gas mark 5.
To peel the chestnuts, make a small slit in the pointed end.
Place them in a pan, cover with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes.
Remove them from the water, one at a time, and peel off the thick outer skin... - 44.3653
Garlic Braised Pigeons With Chestnuts
Remove the legs of the pigeons and then, cutting along the base of the rib cage, separate the backs from the breasts.
Brown the breasts in butter, or a mixture of butter and oil, and remove them from the pan.
Brown the legs and backs and set aside.
Add the... - 44.3276
Stir Fried Pork And Water Chestnuts
Heat the salad oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
Cook, stirring constantly, the garlic and the green onions until they are golden brown.
Add the pork.
Stir-fry until the pork is browned on all sides.
Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice.
Stir-fry... - 44.2585
Chocolate And Chestnut Cream Vacherin
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C (275°F)
2. Line three baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment and draw a 20.5 cm (8 inch) circle on each.
3. In a bowl stiffly whisk - the egg whites and then gradually sugar, a little at a time,... - 44.2561
Braised Pheasant With Chestnut Puree And Orange
Braised Pheasant With Chestnut Puree And Orange has an Unbelievable taste.The amalgamation of butter, onions, carrots, oranges, mixed herbs, Salt and pepper gives the Braised Pheasant With Chestnut Puree And Orange a rousing taste. Must catch it - 44.0289
Pigeon Casserole With Chestnuts
1) Boil water and add chestnut cooking for 2 minutes.
2) Drain and keep aside.
3) Slit the chestnuts with a sharp knife and remove the skin.
4) Boil again in simmering heat for 20 minutes.
5) Drain out of water and keep aside.
6) Halve... - 43.9783
Celery With Water Chestnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Trim celery and cut into 1-inch pieces.
3. In a large saucepan add chicken broth, basil, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
5. In a bowl mix cornstarch with water.
6. Add it to the stock and... - 43.6744
Venison Chestnut Pate
Preheat your oven to 350Â°F.combine the ground venison, ground pork, venison strips, fatback strips, chestnuts, ground cloves and allspice, nutmeg, garlic, currants, Madeira, cognac, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and let the mixture stand for 1... - 43.4568
Chocolate Cake With Chestnut Frosting
Prepare Chocolate Cake and cut into 3 layers.
To make filling, mix chestnut puree, lemon juice and cream in a medium bowl until smooth.
Spread filling over 1 cake layer and top with second layer.
To make frosting, warm apricot jam over low heat and press... - 43.4374
Fork Fillet With Chestnuts
If the chestnuts are fresh, steam for 15-20 minutes until they soften.
Canned ones may be used as they are, but rinse in cold water first.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole and brown the pork well on all sides.
Add the wine, stock,... - 43.3456
Rice With Spinach And Water Chestnuts
1. Grease a 2-quart casserole with butter.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
1. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
2. Add and sautÃ© onion till soft and transparent.
3. Add the cooked rice and chestnuts and toss... - 43.2189
Chocolate Pots De Creme With Chestnuts
1) Chop chestnuts coarsely to measure 1/2 cup. Halave a chestnut and keep aside for garnishing.
2) Divide eggs, separating yolks in large bowl and keeping aside white for later use.
3) In a small heavy saucepan, mix thoroughly chocolate... - 43.0912
Fresh Peas And Water Chestnuts
Shell the peas and refrigerate until needed.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
Add the onion and saute gently until translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add the water chestnuts and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
In... - 42.8801
Chestnut Dessert With Grand Marnier
Beat the chestnut puree in a bowl until soft and creamy.
Add one cup of the cream and beat together well.
Blend in the Grand Marnier.
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the 1/2-cup milk over hot water.
Stir until melted.
Add the butter.
Mix... - 42.7737
Roast Turkey With Chestnuts
Slit the skins of the chestnuts, cook in boiling water for 15 min., then remove skins.
Now stew chestnuts in stock for 1 hr.—drain and chop or sieve them.
Add melted butter, egg, seasoning and sufficient cream or milk to moisten the stuffing.
Fill the crop... - 42.6345
Chestnut And Chocolate Gateau
Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale.
Melt the chocolate with the coffee over low heat, then stir into the egg yolks.
Beat in the chestnut puree.
Beat the egg whites until they are stiff, then fold into the egg yolk mixture.
Spoon into two... - 42.5515
Old Viennese Chestnut Dessert
1. Make a slit in the hard skin of a chestnut with a sharp knife; Lay them on a baking sheet and place in a hot oven at 425° F and bake for half an hour
2. In a saucepan, put sugar and water and bring it to a boil, stirring to dissolve... - 42.2357
Turkey Chestnut Saute
In small mixing bowl combine pears and lemon juice, tossing slices with juice to prevent browning; set aside.
In 10-inch nonstick skillet combine margarine and oil and heat until margarine is melted; add mushrooms and scallions and saute until mushrooms are... - 42.187
Celery With Water Chestnuts
Celery With Water Chestnuts is a mouth watering side dish. An easy to prepare Celery With Water Chestnuts wont let you forget its taste forever. So, give it a try and squander its taste! - 41.7854
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In order to skin the chestnuts, oil the skins, slit the chestnuts and bake them in a moderate oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
3) Mash the skinned chestnuts and then mix them with the... - 41.7611
Vacherin Aux Marrons
1) Set oven at 275°F or Mark 1.
2) Using non-stick (silicone) kitchen paper, line two baking sheets.
3) In a bowl, beat egg whites till stiff.
4) Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and beat for another 1 minute.
5) Gently fold in the rest of the... - 41.6948
Stewed Chicken With Chestnuts
To peel chestnuts, first remove a thin strip from one side.
Place in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and boil for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat.
Work with 2 or 3 at a time, leaving the remainder in the hot water.
Peel off the shells and then the thin... - 41.3954
Sweet Chestnut Croquettes
1. In a heavy medium saucepan, bring the milk with the vanilla bean to a boil over moderately high heat; immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until thickened and... - 41.2404
Baked Chestnut Savoury
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4).
1. Cook the chestnuts with a little water and yeast extract, for 15 minutes.
2. In a pan cook the onions until golden and add the sage.
3. In a pie dish layer the onions, chestnut and... - 41.2004
Pigeon Casserole With Chestnuts
Simmer the chestnuts in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
Drain, make a slit in each with a sharp knife and remove the outer skin.
Simmer for 20 minutes in water, then drain.
Heat 2 tablespoons (2 1/2T) oil in a pan, add the butter then the pigeons and fry... - 41.0984
Casserole Of Turkey And Chestnuts
1. One hour before preparing, cover the dried mushrooms with 1 cup boiling water and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Cut the turkey or turkey roast into 1-inch cubes. Melt the butter in a skillet and brown the turkey cubes, a few at a time. Add a... - 41.071
Rabbit With Sherried Chestnuts
1) Wash the rabbit and place on paper towels.
2) In a bowl, add chestnuts and pour in sherry till chestnuts ae completely soaked. Keep aside.
3) In a pan, add oil and heat.
4) Add the rabbit and brown well all over.
5) Mix in the onion,... - 40.8493
1) Make a crisscross cut on top of each chestnut.
2) In a large saucepan, place water chestnuts and cover with water.
3) Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
4) Drain, cool and peel the chestnuts.
5) Mash the... - 40.7039
Celery With Water Chestnuts
Trim the celery, then slice into 1-inch pieces.
Put into a large saucepan, add the chicken broth, basil, salt, and pepper.
Cover and cook until the celery is almost tender but still slightly crisp, about 10 minutes.
Blend the cornstarch with cold water and... - 40.7022
Chestnut Savoury Crunch
1.) Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C (Gas Mark 4)
2.) Cook skinned chestnuts in very little water for about 15 minutes
3.) Fry onion rings in the oil until golden.
4.)Place a layer of onions in a greased oven proof dishand then... - 40.6915
Shrimp And Water Chestnut Crepes
Saute scallions in butter for 2 minutes.
Reserve several shrimp for garnish.
Slice the rest of the shrimp into 1/3 inch slices.
Add shrimp and mushrooms to scallions and cook 2 minutes.
Add water chestnuts and remove from heat while preparing the cream... - 40.4003
Red Cooked Chicken With Chestnuts
Red Cooked Chicken With Chestnuts recipe is ismple and easy to prepare. You can serve this unique dish for parties and I assure it will be loved by all. The unique taste of Red Cooked Chicken With Chestnuts never fails to surprise and please anyone who eats it - 40.3951
Fried Pork With Water Chestnuts
Cut the pork into thin shreds and marinate for 30 minutes.
Slice the water chestnuts and pre-soaked mu-er into matchstick pieces.
Deep-fry the pork for 30 seconds, and then drain well.
Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying-pan and fry the onion, ginger and... - 39.4723
Braised Duck With Chestnuts
Boil chestnuts, remove skins and chop or mince nuts finely for stuffing.
Cook Spanish onion in water until tender, chop finely, add to chestnuts, season well and bind with egg.
Stuff duck with chestnut mixture, truss, lard with bacon, if liked.
Slice... - 39.4673
Cut a cross on the pointed end of each of the chestnuts, then boil them in water for 15-20 min., or until their skins can be peeled off easily.
Drain, peel, and remove inner skins.
Combine chestnuts and milk, and cook over a low heat for about 30 min., until... - 39.4412
1) Preheat oven moderately.
2) In a baking tin heat fresh chestnuts until outer skin bursts and inner fine skin can be rubbed off.
3) In a pan boil water and cook chestnuts until tender.
4) Rub through wire sieve and keep in a bowl.
5)... - 39.2606
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 ½ quarter casserole, with butter and add onion and celery.
3. Arrange the chestnuts.
4. Season with pepper and pour in broth. Add an anise if using.
5. Cover the casserole with its lid or... - 38.9596
1 Using a sharp knife, score the chestnuts.
2 In a pan, cook the apricots in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
3 Or, in a frying pan with 1/2 oz fat, heat the apricots for 4 to 5 minutes.
4 Remove the skins and peel.
5 ... - 38.9311
Wild Mushroom Chestnut And Pumpkin Bisque
1. Take a heavy saucepan, add butter, place on medium heat to melt it. Sauté celery, onion, garlic, carrot, parsley, pumpkin, pepper, allspice and bay leaves, stirring once in a while, till vegetables turn soft.
2. Mix reconstituted, fresh mushrooms... - 38.8697
Baked Water Chestnuts
These Baked Water Chestnuts taste incredible ! Try out these Baked Water Chestnuts for your next meal and tell me if you like them ! - 38.6342
Duck With Dried Chestnuts
Rinse bird and pat dry; rub cavity with salt.
Place duck or chicken in a large kettle or Dutch oven; add 1 cup water.
Stir in chestnuts, onion, soy sauce, dry sherry, hot bean sauce, sugar, gingerroot, and garlic.
Bring mixture to boiling.
Simmer, covered,... - 38.5191
Water Chestnuts With Pork Kidneys
Moisten the cornstarch with the soy sauce, sherry and lemon juice, and stir in the sugar.
Pour this sauce over the kidneys and let them marinate for half an hour.
Drain the kidneys, reserving the sauce.
Heat the oil in a heavy skillet.
Stirring constantly,... - 38.4509
Onion And Chestnut Roast
1.) Preheat the oven to 325F/170C gas mark 3
2.)Chop the onions finely
3) Saute onions in the margarine or oil for 5-10 minutes, until soft
4.)Cook skinned chestnuts in sufficient water
5.)Now add the cooked chestnuts along with the... - 38.4054
1) On lowest setting, heat the oven.
2) On 3 baking sheets, line greased greaseproof paper with a 23 cm (9 inch) circle marked on each.
3) In a bowl, place the egg whites and whisk till stiff.
4) Beat in half the sugar, and beat for... - 38.2241
Melt butter in heavy skillet.
Add onion, green pepper and celery.
Saute aver moderate heat, stirring fre- quently, until tendfir.
Remove from heat; add water chestnuts, peas, soup and pimentos.
Place in casse- role.
Sprinkle with cxumbs.
Bake at 350 degrees... - 37.9027
Hare With Prunes And Chestnuts
Cover bottom of baker with layers of pork or bacon slices, onions and carrots.
Add pieces of hare.
Moisten with wine and water.
Close and bake 2 1/2 hours.
Remove clay baker from oven, arrange prunes and chestnuts around pieces of hare.
Close and bake... - 37.7292
Thread chestnuts onto bamboo skewers.
Mix melted butter with orange zest.
Brush chestnuts with flavored butter.
Spoon whipped cream into a bowl.
Mix with vanilla and sugar.
Divide cream into dessert dishes.
Preheat stovetop grill.
Cook chestnuts... - 37.4681
1.In a bowl, mix the chestnuts, fat, slightly beaten eggs and seasonings together
2.Now shape the mixture into croquettes
3.Roll the croquettes in crumbs and then in beaten egg and again crumbs
4.In a frying pan, fry the croquettes in deep hot fat for... - 37.3761
Curried Eggs And Chestnuts
Quarter chestnuts if large; otherwise leave whole.
Melt butter in a saucepan; blend in flour.
Add cream slowly, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
Add cheese and seasonings; cool 2 minutes.
Divide eggs and chestnuts among 6 individual baking dishes.
Add... - 37.194
Duck With Chestnuts
This irresistible Duck With Chestnuts is what you should try with rice or noodle dishes if you want to have a memorable meal ! Just try and tell me if you agree with what I say about this Duck with Chestnuts ! - 36.9651
1.Blanch and peel the chestnuts and cook until soft, then rub through a sieve.
2.Make a syrup of the sugar and water, add the vanilla and chestnuts and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3.Place in a ring on a plate.
4.Cook the apples until soft, mash... - 36.9264
Chicken 'n' Chestnuts
Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven.
Add the chicken, vegetables and chestnuts.
Saute until chicken browns.
Sprinkle with flour and curry powder, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes.
Pour in stock and cream and simmer for 35-45 minutes.
Serve over noodles or... - 36.6995
Browned Rice And Chestnuts
Heat olive oil in skillet.
Brown onions lightly; add rice.
Cook, stirring constantly, until brown.
Add consomme, 1 can water and all remaining ingredients.
Place in 1 1/2-quart casserole; cover.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. - 36.6023
Braised Chestnut Chicken
Braised Chestnut Chicken will be loved by all. Try making this amazingly delicious Braised Chestnut Chicken Chinese recipe at home. Do tell me if you liked it! - 36.4451
Chestnut Hill Haystack Edibowls
I had this Chestnut Hill Haystack Edibowls at my neighbor's place and I tried it at home the very same day. This Chestnut Hill Haystack Edibowls dish turned out much more sumptuous than I had ever imagined. A great one you should try! - 36.4353
Gingered Peas With Water Chestnuts
Break up peas; place in saucepan with butter.
Add water chestnut liquid, stock base, ginger and nutmeg.
Simmer, covered, over low heat until peas are bubbling hot.
Blend cornstarch and water; stir into peas.
Cook slowly, stirring constantly, until liquid... - 36.3909
Chestnut Chocolate Dessert
Lightly oil a freezer ice tray or a flat 10x3 1/2-inch metal pan and place in the refrigerator to chill.
Meanwhile, place the chocolate in the top of a double boiler.
Set over hot water until melted.
Set aside to cool.
Whip the margarine in a bowl until... - 36.2052
Boiled Pureed Chestnuts
Boiled Pureed Chestnuts is a delicious side dish recipe that you will simply love to serve to your loved ones. I am sure, once you try this Boiled Pureed Chestnuts, you will always crave for some more. - 35.8837
Whole Braised Chestnuts
Place chestnuts in heavy saucepan or casserole.
Cover with consomme to the depth of 1/2 inch.
Mix cornstarch and wine to a smooth paste.
Pour over chestnuts.
Add salt and pepper to taste and dot with butter.
Simmer, covered, over lowest possible heat for 50... - 35.7055
1) In a bowl, cover the chestnuts with water and soak overnight.
2) Drain, shell and dry the chestnuts.
3) In a saucepan, combine sugar and honey.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring frequently.
5) Add the chestnuts and cook for 2... - 35.5094
1.) Skin the chestnuts
2.) Peel or chop the onions
3.) Scald,skin and slice the tomatoes
4.) Lightly brown onions in fat or oil
5.) Add boiling water to cover and simmer together, until the chestnuts are cooked
6.) Then thicken the... - 35.5088
Chestnut & Bacon Cake
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onions and two-thirds of the bacon, covered, for 10 mins until the onions are very soft. Once cool enough to handle, mix with the chopped chestnuts, sausage meat,... - 35.0091
Braised Chicken With Dried Chestnuts
Braised Chicken With Dried Chestnuts does make a great dish. I learned to make this Braised Chicken With Dried Chestnuts dish by my own and thought of sharing the same with you. Try it today! - 34.7547
1) In a bowl, beat the cream and milk together until thick.
2) Fold in the chestnut puree until thoroughly blended.
3) Spoon or pipe the Chestnut Dessert into individual freezerproof dishes.
4) If you wish to freeze the recipe do it at this stage.... - 34.5215
Prepare the Chestnut loaf, below, then prepare the stuffing.
To make this, chop the nuts and make the bread into crumbs.
Deseed and finely dice the pepper.
Mix the stuffing ingredients together and season lightly.
Put one third of the chestnut mixture into... - 34.4996
Chestnut And Mushroom Bake
1. Put the chestnuts into a large saucepan and pour over the water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserve the stock, and mash the chestnuts or grind in a blender or food processor.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a... - 34.1709
The Chestnut Dessert is definitely a unique and yummy treat! You will be surprised by the enthusiasum with which your guests will respond to the Chestnut Dessert. I was. Prepare this Chestnut Dessert at your place too, I am sure you will understand! - 33.9017
Chestnut Mandarin Cream
Drain and dry the chestnuts and mince or grate on a fine shredder.
Mix with the next 4 ingredients, then fold in 1 cup of whipped cream.
Chill until serving time.
Divide orange segments between 6 small lacquer bowls or comports.
Top with scoops of chestnut... - 33.6995
Water Chestnut Hors D'oeuvres
Water Chestnut Hors D'Oeuvres - I tried this appetizer for the weekend blast and was stupefied to see the accolades that flowed in. This is a bake and serve appetizer and you can prepare this with ease. - 33.3518
Peas With Water Chestnuts
1. In skillet, add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
2. Add the green onions, peas, water chestnuts and italian seasoning. Allow the mix to simmer for 5 mins uncovered. The liquid will begin to evaporate.
3. Remove from heat, drain the... - 33.2175
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. On the flat side of each chest nut shell slash a cross using a paring knife.
3. Layer the nuts in a roasting pan.
4. Drizzle oil, and toss to coat.
5. Place pan in the preheated oven and roast the... - 32.2358
Chocolate And Chestnut Roulade
1. Put the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water) and stir until it has melted. Cool for 5 minutes.
2. Put the egg yolks in a bowl, add the sugar and whisk together for 5... - 32.0468
Sweet And Sour Tongue With Water Chestnuts
In a small saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until bread falls apart and mixture thickens.
Add tongue and water chestnuts.
Cook until thoroughly heated.
Divide evenly. - 31.868
Shrimps With Chestnuts
Shrimps With Chestnuts is a deleicious seafood dish that you can make in jiffy. There are no extra trills or flairs involved in the cooking process and the results are super delicious. Try the Shrimps With Chestnuts and prepare to be surprised by the ease... - 31.416
Chestnut Recipes By Category