- » Chennai Vegetarian
Chennai Vegetarian Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chennai vegetarian recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chennai vegetarian recipes.
Low Calorie Low Fat Drumstick Leaves Sambar
This recipe is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, savory, tangy and simply awakens the taste buds with every spoonful.
The main ingredients in this dish that influence its nutritional profile include –
• Red gram dhal that forms a good source of... - 0
Mix mayonnaise, onion, dry mustard, mustard, pepper, MSG, salt, and curry powder together.
Add a dash of Romano or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Dressing keeps in refrigerator for quite awhile. - 33.1008
Madras Salad Dressing
1. Mix all ingredients just before serving. Do not make and store this dressing-. Excellent for vegetable and fish salad. - 27.7835
Golden Madras Dip
1. In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the green pepper, onion and apple and cook until slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the curry powder, cumin seeds and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally,... - 35.4892
This is a recipe made with cassava which is high in carbohydrate and it has low saturated fat, Cholesterol, and Sodium. High in Vitamin C and Manganese. It tastes great with tomato sauce. - 39.0852
Atukulu Upma (poha, Aval)
First soak the aval and keep it aside.
after 1 hour drain the excess water if there
in a pan, add oil and all the ingredients one by one.
Mustard, uradhal, gramdhal, pinch of asafoetida, greenchillies and ginger.
Once all these gets sauted add curry... - 45.8783
1. Wash and slice tomatoes.
2. Peel and slice onion.
3. Peel and grate carrot. Grate coconut.
4. Place tomatoes, onion and carrot in a heavy pan.
5. Add hot stock or boiling water. Add pepper and salt.
6. Cook till vegetables are almost done.
7. Add grated... - 49.0508
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheet with the help of paper towel.
2. Place pumpkin over a chopping board, cut the pumpkin with the help of melon knife.
3. Scoop out the seeds and remove the stem. Cut in wedges with... - 103.087
Madras Vegetable Stew
1) Peel onions and cut in 2 halves. Slice the halves into 1/4 inch thick slices and put aside.
2) Thoroughly wash broccoli and pat dry. Trim the stalk and cut florets into uniform 2 inch pieces.
3) If using summer squash, wash and chop into 1/2... - 49.8181
Madras Egg Curry
1. Saute the onion and garlic in the butter two to three minutes. Add the curry powder, tomato paste and about one cup water, or enough to make a thin sauce. Simmer about ten minutes and add salt and lemon juice to taste.
2. Add the eggs, reheat and serve... - 34.3993
Madras Egg Curry
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes.
2) Blend in the curry powder and tomato paste, stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4)... - 42.1236
Chilly paratha is a quick and yummy little recipe to turn the dull and boring looking cold chapatis into an interesting filling meal. It is essentially a plain paratha shredded into small, bite-sized pieces mixed with sauteed onions, tomatoes, and chili... - 52.3645
Palakkadan Style Sambar
1. To save cooking time, soak dal in water for about ½ an hour and then pressure cook it for about 3 whistles, along with chopped onions, potatoes and turmeric powder. Once done, let it cool naturally.
2. Heat a pan and put about 2-3 tbsp. of... - 32.7488
Red Carrot Cashew Halwa
Carrot halwa is all time favourite dish for indians. Im from Chennai, this dish is my speciality. Very colourfull, tongue tempting with rich flavoury ghee smell. Smooth halwa with crunchy cashew bites !!! Try yourself and tell your... - 51.6331
Tamil-style Bisi Bele Bath
This dish needs no introduction. It is quite popular in India and abroad and is often served at weddings in Chennai and probably other northern cities of Tamil Nadu. It is originally a dish from Karnataka, which the Tamils have embraced and prepare it... - 0
Filter Coffee Using Traditional Filter
Filter coffee is popular in Tamil Nadu and several homes prefer to make this instead of using the instant coffee powder. The latest business in Chennai is to supply strong filter coffee decoctions to people's home early in the morning, just like how regular... - 0
Muttai Kara Kuzhambu
Of all the dishes in the Chettinad style who are famous for their kuzhambu's -- a type of indian sambhar, and one such recipe is the Spicy Egg Gravy also called as Muttai Kara Kuzhambu - 45.6325
Vada curry (pronounced as vadagari) is a dish that was once a common item in the menu in Tamil Restaurants and was often served with idli. The dish was called idli vadagari. However, the practice is fading away and there are very few restaurants which serve... - 0