- » Chennai
Chennai food, belonging to the cuisine of Tamil Nadu, India, includes a plethora of South Indian flavors, and vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian food stuffs. Chennai is an Indian state that is famous for its ... More »
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheet with the help of paper towel.
2. Place pumpkin over a chopping board, cut the pumpkin with the help of melon knife.
3. Scoop out the seeds and remove the stem. Cut in wedges with... - 103.087
Sweet-sour Don Q Limon Madras
Relax with some sweet-sour rum concoction after a hard day's work with Don Q rum. Nice, easy with a neat flavor, you simply can't go wrong with this drink. Although you might think it to be sour, you will be pleasantly surprised by its sweet notes. Stream the... - 100.453
Madras Vegetable Stew
1) Peel onions and cut in 2 halves. Slice the halves into 1/4 inch thick slices and put aside.
2) Thoroughly wash broccoli and pat dry. Trim the stalk and cut florets into uniform 2 inch pieces.
3) If using summer squash, wash and chop into 1/2... - 49.8181
1. Wash and slice tomatoes.
2. Peel and slice onion.
3. Peel and grate carrot. Grate coconut.
4. Place tomatoes, onion and carrot in a heavy pan.
5. Add hot stock or boiling water. Add pepper and salt.
6. Cook till vegetables are almost done.
7. Add grated... - 49.0508
1.In a pan, heat butter and saute onion until soft.
2.Add flour and curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes by stirring.
3.Put stock, tomato puree, cooking apple, sultanas, salt, black pepper in it.
4.Let the ingredients cook for 8 minutes on low... - 48.9538
Madras Chicken Curry
1) Heat oil in a skillet and deep fry the chicken pieces on all sides till they turn golden brown.
2) Put the chicken in a bowl and remove skin and bones. Cut the meat into small chunks. Keep aside.
3) In the remaining oil add onions and... - 47.4796
Madras Chicken Salad
1) In a bowl, add all the dressing ingredients together, stir to blend well and keep aside.
2) In a large heavy pot, place the carrot, celery, parsley, peppercorns, bay leaf and water together, allow to boil.
3) Stir in the chicken breasts and... - 47.1842
Spicy And Juicy Madras Fish Curry
This is one of my Mom's best dish. Best results will be seen when cooked in a mud pot. Nothing can beat this dish when we have this with hot hot Dosa or Idly. - 46.5861
Madras Curried Meatballs
1) In a large bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, ½ cup of water, the chuck and 2 teaspoons of the curry powder, beef with the salt and pepper
2) Also add in salt, ½ teaspoon of ginger, ¼ teaspoon of pepper
3) Using a fork lightly blend the mixture together... - 46.3348
Madras Chicken Pilau
Wash chicken and cut into serving pieces.
Place in a 2-quart saucepan with 3 cups water, onion, 2 teaspoons of the salt, and the peppercorns.
Cover and cook slowly for 1 hour, or until chicken is tender.
Soak rice in 2 cups water for 30 minutes.
Stir... - 46.312
1) In a big saucepan melt butter.
2) Stir in apple, carrots, celery, onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Take off from heat and mix flour, curry powder, salt, mustard and sage. Mix to the butter mixture stirring till bubby.
4) Blend in chicken... - 45.3757
Cook and stir apple, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic in butter 5 min.
Remove from heat.
Mix flour with curry powder, salt, mustard, and sage; stir into butter mixture.
Cook, stirring until mixture is bubbly.
Remove from heat.
Stir in chicken broth.
Add... - 45.1712
Madras Beef Curry
1. Peel the onion and garlic and chop them finely.
2. Trim the meat off any fat and gristle, and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
3. Cover the meat with salt, freshly-ground pepper and about 1 tablespoon of curry powder. Keep aside.
4. Take a... - 45.1689
Place the raisins in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
Let stand three minutes.
Heat the butter in a dutch oven or kettle and cook the celery, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the vegetables are tender.
With a wooden spoon, stir... - 44.6223
Chicken Madras is a recipe which you will simply love. An effortlessly prepared recipe; the Chicken Madras is a dish that you would love to serve at coming party! - 43.7021
Madras Egg Curry
1) In a skillet, saute the onions and garlic in the butter for 5 minutes.
2) Blend in the curry powder and tomato paste, stir constantly and cook for 1 minute.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, stir continuously and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4)... - 42.1236
1.Remove the orange peel and divide it in segments.
2.Take a large bowl and put mayonnaise, orange juice, lemon juice, sour cream, curry powder, pepper and salt in it.
3.Put large chicken pieces along with grapes.
4.Add the oranges,... - 41.7172
Madras Chicken Curry
Saute mushrooms, celery and onion in oil until tender.
Blend flour and cornstarch into sauteed vegetables and stir until thoroughly combined.
Gradually add chicken stock, stirring until mixture thickens.
Add seasonings and more stock if a thinner sauce is... - 41.0171
Madras Chicken Sandwiches
1. Toast bread slices and spread butter on them; cover with mayo and place a lettuce leaf on top of each slice
2. Arrange the chicken pieces on lettuce
3. In a bowl, whip cream with curry powder till thick; spoon it over the chicken
4. Peel and core... - 40.6268
Madras Lamb Curry
Saute onions and garlic in hot butter until slightly golden.
Add lamb and stir-fry until lightly browned.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover and simmer until lamb is tender, about 1 1/2 hours, adding enough additional liquid if necessary, to prevent... - 40.474
Place shrimp in bowl; add next 6 ingredients and mix well by hand until all shrimp are coated.
Let stand 1 hour.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in saute pan.
Add grated onion (chopped onion will not work as well) and cook, stirring, until onion is fairly dry without... - 40.4135
Madras Fish Bake
Melt the butter in a pan.
Add the spinach and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring until it has softened.
Season well, then remove from the heat.
Divide the spinach mixture equally between the fish, pushing it well inside the mackerel.
Place in a shallow... - 39.5767
1. Heat the oil in a heavy 2-quart pot. Add the onion, green pepper, and celery and cook until soft, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, cayenne, garlic, bay leaves, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. Bring to a boil and add the curry powder.... - 38.6213
Madras Chicken Curry
Brush chicken pieces with lime juice.
Heat butter in heavy skillet and brown the chicken.
Add onion; cook until limp.
Push chicken to one side.
Add curry powder to taste; then undiluted con-somme and tomatoes.
Rearrange chicken in the sauce, cover... - 37.6377
Egg Chutney Madras
Mash the eggs and cream cheese together with a fork.
Add the Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, cayenne pepper, red pepper seasoning, mayonnaise, chutney, salt, and black pepper, and blend thoroughly.
Chill until ready to serve.
Serve as a spread for... - 36.3958
Madras Pork Curry
Heat oil in large pan; cook pork, in batches, until browned all over and cooked through.
Add onion to same pan; cook, stirring, until browned lightly.
Stir in paste; cook, uncovered, until fragrant.
Return pork to the pan with coconut milk, mint leaves,... - 35.7785
Golden Madras Dip
1. In a large skillet, warm the olive oil over moderate heat. Add the green pepper, onion and apple and cook until slightly soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the curry powder, cumin seeds and ginger. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally,... - 35.4892
Tomato Consomme Madras
Heat consomme very slightly to dissolve.
Add tomato juice and curry powder; mix thoroughly.
Add lemon juice.
Pour into soup cups; let chill.
Mix mayonnaise with lemon rind and juice; add whipped cream.
Put spoonful on center of each cup of soup; sprinkle with... - 34.6381
Madras Egg Curry
1. Saute the onion and garlic in the butter two to three minutes. Add the curry powder, tomato paste and about one cup water, or enough to make a thin sauce. Simmer about ten minutes and add salt and lemon juice to taste.
2. Add the eggs, reheat and serve... - 34.3993
1 In a bowl, add the egg yolks, chutney and anchovy flavouring.
2 Pound the mixture together.
3 Through a sieve, rub the mixture.
4 In a bowl, cream the butter.
5 Combine with the sieved mixture.
6 Add cayenne and add a little salt if... - 34.3119
Pot Roast Madras
1. Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl stir together the ginger, curry powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Rub over surface of meat. In a Dutch oven brown roast in hot oil. Drain off fat. Add the undrained tomatoes, beef broth, onions, garlic, bay leaf, and... - 33.5649
Mix mayonnaise, onion, dry mustard, mustard, pepper, MSG, salt, and curry powder together.
Add a dash of Romano or Parmesan cheese if desired.
Dressing keeps in refrigerator for quite awhile. - 33.1008
Madras Egg Curry
Madras Egg Curry is an amazingly delicious and easy to prepare side dish recipe. Try it for once; you wont wish to try any other side dish for your coming parties! - 33.0928
Curried Flounder Madras
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a 9- or 10-inch skillet with an ovenproof handle, melt the butter over moderate heat. Add the ginger, yellow onion, green onions, garlic, and curry powder, and cook uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove the skillet from the... - 32.9329
Break the cauliflower into florets and steam just until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Rinse under cold water until thoroughly cooled.
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt with the mayonnaise and curry.
Add the garlic by pushing it through a garlic press... - 30.5108
Sardine Salad With Madras Dressing
1. Mix well in a bowl mashed sardines, beetroot and grated apple.
2. Add dressing, toss well, chill.
3. Place salad in a shallow salad bowl, garnish with shredded lettuce and sliced apple sprinkled with lemon juice. - 29.2218
Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl, toss well.
Refrigerate and allow to chill thoroughly before serving. - 27.9737
Madras Salad Dressing
1. Mix all ingredients just before serving. Do not make and store this dressing-. Excellent for vegetable and fish salad. - 27.7835
Madras Beef And Fruit Casserole
In a heavy skillet, brown meat in butter or oil.
Stir in water, dried fruit, lemon juice and rind, cinnamon or curry.
Pour into a covered casserole.
Place into a 325Â° oven for 1 1/2 hours. - 24.8466
Hot Madras Chicken Curry / Indian Curry
Learn how to make this delicious Madras chicken curry with simple fresh ingredients and basic Indian spices. You can make it as hot as you want or keep it mild. This chicken curry is best enjoyed with rice, roti, naan or paratha. - 0
Chennai Recipes By Category