Cheese appetizer is a cheese based appetizer commonly made and served during cocktail parties, kitty parties and other social occasions. They are quick and easy to make using versatile recipes with different ingredients. Cheese appetizers can be made like crackers, munchies or coated on bread slices. Cheeses used to make the cheese appetizer can also vary including cheeses such as cheddar and mozzarella cheeses in melted or hard form. Cheese appetizers can be made flavorful using seasonings. Popular cheese appetizer recipe variations include Baked Crackers And Cheese, Canadian Cheese Pudding, Celery Cheese Toast, Cheese Aigrettes and Cheese Ramekins.
Ingredients Used and Popular Methods of Preparation of Cheese appetizers
Cheese appetizers are many and made using many cheese appetizer recipe variations. A basic cheese appetizer would be a cheese ball made using cream cheese, cream, seasoning such as French Mustard and optionally chopped nuts. A seasoning of salt, pepper along with a little onion grate or mashed cheese may be mixed. To this mustard, seasoning and cream may be added and mixed to form balls. Optionally, the balls may be rolled over groundnuts and served over lettuce. While using the melted form of hard cheeses as mentioned in some recipes, it is always better to grate cheese and use them, as grated cheese melts well. Goat cheese can also be used to make cheese appetizer. Also it is always better to use chilled hard cheese as they can grate easily than cheeses in room temperature.
Serving and Eating Cheese appetizers
Cheese appetizer is commonly served alongside wines and they go well with most wines.
Popular Variations in Cheese appetizer recipe
- Baked crackers and cheese is a cheese appetizer made using Boston crackers and grated cheese as the main ingredients.
- Canadian Cheese Pudding is made using bread crumbs, grated cheese and butter as the key ingredients.
- Celery Cheese Toast is made using celery sauce, grated cheese and table sauce as the key ingredients.
- Cheese Aigrettes is made using flour, water, eggs, grated cheese and seasonings.
- Cheese Ramekins is made using grated cheese, flour, cayenne pepper and egg whites.
- Double Tomato Bruschetta is an easy to make appetizer made using plum and sundried tomatoes along with mozzarella cheese and seasonings.
- Cheese sausage bundles are made using Montery Jack Cheese, pork sausage and mild greens as the key ingredients.
- Pan-Fried Scandinavian Cheese on Crostini with Sour Cherry Jam is an easy to make recipe made using sour jam featured on a television programme.
- Seven Layer Taco Dip is a cheese appetizer recipe which uses taco seasoning mix, refried beans and softened cream cheese.
- Southwestern Egg Rolls are made using boneless chicken breast, minced greens, corn kernels, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley and Montery Jack cheese as the key ingredients.
- Avocado Feta Salsa is an interesting summer oriented salsa made using chopped plum tomatoes, avocado and red onion as the key ingredients.
Crescent-Wrapped Brie is a savory cheese appetizer containing toppings optionally jalapeno jelly, chutney, salsa or fruit preserves.