- » Chayote
Chayote or sayote, also popular as chocho or tayota or chow chow or mirliton or christophine or the pear is a type of gourd. A fleshy fruit with green wrinkled skin, the Chayote is eaten either raw or cooked. With a ... More »
Ginisang Sayote or Sauteed Chayote is a simple vegetable dish that anyone can prepare. This tastes great and is also budget friendly. - 112.204
Chayote And Tomato Salad
1. Cut chayote into thin slices and in halves.
2. Discard its seeds and cut the slices into thirds.
3. Insert the chayote slices into 2 quarts boiling water.
4. Cook 1 minutes.
5. Drain the water after 1 minute and place the slices in... - 51.0547
Marinated Chayote Salad
1. Drain the diced or sliced chayotes and let them cool.
2. In boiling water add salt and cook the beans, till they turn tender.
3. Drain and cool when well cooked.
4. Add vinegar, lime juice, tarragon, pepper, sugar, salt and salad... - 47.8356
Chayote Cheese Bake
1) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2) Deskin chayotes, remove their seeds and chop them into half.
3) In a skillet put salted water and add chayotes to it and boil for about 20 minutes, till the chayotes turn soft.
4) Cool the boiled chayotes and... - 46.0346
Shrimp With Chayote And Snow Peas
Try this alluring Shrimp With Ghayota And Snow Peas recipe. An easily prepared recipe, this Shrimp With Ghayota And Snow Peas is a dish which you will always love to serve to your friends. - 43.5933
Stuffed Chayote Squash
Wash squash well and cut in half lengthwise.
Simmer in small amount of salted water until tender, 40-50 minutes.
Drain and cool.
Scoop out pulp and seeds, leaving a 1/4-inch shell.
Chop pulp and seeds and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
Saute... - 42.4936
Black Bass Geviche And Chayote Mibasol Salad
Preheat the broiler (or use a small kitchen blowtorch).
Place the sea bass fillet under the hot broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, only as long as it takes for the skin to get browned and bubbly.
Remove the fillets from the broiler and wrap in plastic wrap.
Freeze... - 42.3404
Cream Of Chayote Soup
Peel the chayotes, remove the seed and chop roughly.
Place chayotes, onion, celery, rice, stock, garlic and ground pepper in a large saucepan.
Simmer for 45 minutes.
Cool and puree the soup in a blender, or through a sieve.
Return mixture to saucepan.
Stir in... - 41.1162
Chayote-Guacamole Snack is my snack favorite. I tasted Chayote-Guacamole Snack first at my friend's home. It was so good I had to learn how to make it at home. Yum, yum, yummy! - 38.5882
Chayote With Spiced Lamb Filling
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add chayotes.
Cover and simmer until chayotes are tender when pierced, about 40 minutes; cool.
Cut chayotes in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2 inch-thick shells.
Chop... - 37.5616
Chayote Squash With Yogurt Sauce
Peel and quarter squash.
Cook in salted boiling water until nearly tender.
Transfer to a baking dish in a single layer.
Combine remaining ingredients.
Spoon over squash.
Bake at 350°, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until very hot.
If you can use wheat and... - 36.744
Chayote With Onions
1. Pare and seed chayotes; cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) thick slices
2. Cut onions lengthwise into halves. Cut halves lengthwise into 1/4 inch (6-mm) thick slices; separate into slivers.
3. Heat butter and oil in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium... - 34.978
Cucumber Black Bean And Chayote Salad With Spice Tortilla Strips
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine the tortilla strips with 1 teaspoon of the oil, the chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne in a bowl; toss well to coat. Spread the tortillas in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan and bake until crisp, 5 to... - 34.2402
Chayote And Peppers
Chayote And Peppers is an amazingly delicious recipe which you will enjoy with your family and friends. If you loved it, do share it with your friends also! - 33.1352
Stewed Chayote Squash
Peel and pit chayote; cut into small chunks.
Heat oil in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat.
When oil is hot, add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft (about 5 minutes).
Add squash, tomato, and, if desired, chile; stir... - 32.6482
Thoroughly combine all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. - 29.1607
Chow Chow Kootu
Kootu is an easy way to add vegetables to your diet. Try making a kootu in addition to your regular poriyal, and these will take care of your daily vitamin requirement. - 0
Chayote Recipes By Category