- » Chapati Dough
Chapati Dough Recipes
Enjoy our collection of chapati dough recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for chapati dough recipes.
Pinch off two small pieces of dough, each about the size of a walnut.
Roll out to a small circle about 3" in diameter.
On one side of one circle, smear a little oil.
Put the other circle down on the oily side.
Press down lightly.
Dust with dry flour.
Roll out... - 29.9622
Chapatis is a form of bread but different in shape and taste. The flour and perfect quantity of water gives the Chapatis a prefect shape and taste. Must catch it. - 29.3862
Stuffed Paranthas (chapatis)
Finely chop the fresh ginger root.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
Saute onions with ginger root or ground ginger.
Add black pepper, turmeric powder, red chili pepper, and coriander seed powder.
With a fork, mash the potatoes, and place in frying pan with... - 39.386
Chapati With Onion
Chapatti With Onion has a fine taste. Chapatti With Onion gets its taste from flour mixed with onions and green chilies. Chapatti With Onion is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 37.9058
Pinch off a golf-ball-sized piece of the bread dough.
Roll it out very thin on a well-floured surface.
Cook over low heat in skillet (try cast iron with no oil) until browned.
Turn and cook the other side.
Refrigerate the dough so you can make just as many... - 27.8289
Chapati ( Paratha ) Making Made Easier
Parathas are north India's favorite flat bread and can be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner, either stuffed on their own or plain as an accompaniment to a curry or gravy. The toughest part of making them is the rolling out of the dough with often sticks to... - 86.5603
1. Mix salt and flour.
2. Add hot water gradually and knead for 5 minutes.
3. Prepare a soft dough and divide into balls.
4. Roll out into thin chapaties and put on a hot griddle.
5. Smear with a little fat or oil and spread it evenly.
6. Cook on both sides. - 28.0581
Healthy Multigrain Carrot Chapati
This carrot multigrain chapati is high in nutrition. The carrot is extremely rich in vitamin A, which provides antioxidant effects to the body. It promotes good vision and is necessary for the formation and maintenance of healthy skin and tissues. The... - 0
In a bowl, stir together flour and salt.
Stirring gently with a fork, add water slowly until a crumbly dough forms.
With your hands, mix dough until it holds together.
Add a few more drops of water, if needed.
On a floured board, knead dough until smooth but... - 32.7706
Chapati is a staple in much of India and Pakistan, and also in other parts of SE Asia and Africa as well. It is often made fresh for each meal and even children learn to make this basic and easy bread. Often, the finished chapatis are brushed with ghee... - 42.2697
Mix the flour in a bowl with as little of the water as possible to make a stiff dough.
Knead the dough very thoroughly so that it becomes evenly blended and pliable.
If necessary, a little more water may be worked in.
Replace the dough in the bowl, cover with... - 30.6995
Whole Wheat Chapati
Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
Add the water gradually, working in the flour to make a firm dough.
Knead well for about 15 minutes, until the dough is smooth.
Cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for... - 31.2659
Whole Wheat Chapati
1 In a bowl, sift flour and mix it with salt.
2 Gradually pour in water, enough to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
3 Knead well and cover with a wet cloth.
4 Keep aside for an hour.
5 Knead it again.
6 Form small balls from the dough.
7 Roll... - 35.2031
Indian Chapati is a staple of every north Indian household. This flat bread made from wheat flour is not easy to make the first time, but when you get the hang of it, you will love to make it again and again. The soft texture will linger in your mouth all the... - 113.942
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with the salt.
2. Add the clarified butter to the flour and rub in.
3. Make a well in the flour and pour in the water.
4. Using your hand or a wooden spoon, combine the flour with the water to make... - 43.3305
Sift the flour into a deep bowl.
Make a well in the centre, add the salt and water, and mix together to form a soft dough.
Gather the dough from the sides of the bowl and knead with the back of your fist until the dough is pliable.
Cover and leave to stand... - 36.9971
Cook channa daal in the pressure cooker or a big pan .and close the lid till water is goes keep on stiring ,then add jaggery to it and cook till it become soft, Grind them without using water. Combine cardamom with it and mix well with hand to get a soft... - 32.6847
Roti Or Chapati Or Aka Or Pulka Fulka (indian Soft Bread)
If you're looking for the recipe of the Indian bread then do try out this recipe. It is called roti in India. Chef Bhavna shows such a simple way to make the roti. It is always better to have roti than the fermented bread. So do try out the recipe and surely... - 108.898
In a large bowl, sift flours together.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough and set aside 1 hour.
Knead dough with a little water until soft.
Divide in to twelve small balls.
Roll into very thin pancakes 4 to 6 inches in diameter, or use a tortilla... - 33.5735
Blend flour, salt, and butter or margarine in Bosch bowl.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic.
Cover with a damp cloth, and let rest 30 minutes.
Form dough into 1 inch balls.
Roll out paperthin, and bake on a lightly greased... - 33.274
Chapati (indian Bread)
Mix together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until a firm dough is formed.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls.
On a lightly floured surface roll out each ball about 1/4-inch thick.
On a hot iron griddle, grill each... - 31.9047
The traditional Indian bread. This video shows you the easiest way to make the standard whole wheat Indian flour bread known as the chapati. This is a signature bread used in almost all Indian households and is the primary bread which can be taken with meat,... - 126.902
1. Take a bowl and add maida and water into it. Shape the mixture into stiff dough and set it aside.
2. Take a skillet and melt ghee in it. Add semolina and fry it until it turns golden.
3. Stir in 1 cup water and cook until the semolina dries.
4.... - 36.89
1. Take a medium-sized bowl and add salt and flour into it. Add some water and stir until the flour is moist and dough becomes stiff and blended.
2. Spread it over lightly floured board or pastry cloth and knead for another 5 minutes until the dough is... - 34.6981
Place the flour in a bowl.
Slowly add up to 1/2 cup water and mix until all the flour adheres and you can knead it.
(You will probably need a little less than the 1/2 cup water.) Now knead it for 7 to 8 minutes.
Roll into a ball.
Cover with a damp cloth and... - 34.8378
Chapati - Featuring Sweet Cumin Cookery School
In the first of 3 videos, Barry heads to the Sweet Cumin Indian Cookery School in Somerset and learns how to make some delicious chapatis. Also known as roti, they are made with simply 3 ingredients - warm water, vegetable oil & chapati flour. They're... - 0
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl with the salt. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the measured water, mixing well with your fingers to form a supple dough. Knead for about 7-10 minutes then cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. Divide... - 19.724
1) Combine and sift the flours.
2) Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Set aside for 1 hour.
3) Knead the dough with a little water until soft.
4) Divide into small balls and roll into very thin pancakes, 4 to 6 inches in diameter. (You may... - 41.0519
1. Take a skillet, add cleaned til to it and roast until it turns brown in color.
2. Add gram flour to the skillet and roast until it turns red.
3. Grate the jaggery on fine grater and remove all its lumps.
4. Take a bowl and add roasted til, gram... - 36.7608
1)In a bowl, add flour, salt and mix. Add water and need medium firm smooth dough. Leave it for 20 minutes.
2)Take out 4 tablespoons of flour for dredging.
3)Take a griddle and start heating it.
4)Knead the dough once more and then make... - 40.1883
mix all ingredients and make dough.Beat the dough for about 1 minute, until it becomes somewhat smooth and elastic.
Divide the dough into 16 equal parts.
Roll each part into an 8" round on a floured surface.
Bake each chapati in an ungreased skillet over... - 30.9222
Chapati With Corn Flour
Mix whole wheat flour, corn flour and salt together.
Add water gradually, adding just enough to keep dough from sticking to hands (about 1 cup).
Divide into 8 portions and roll out each portion as thin as possible, with a rolling pin.
Toast over medium high... - 25.0065
Sift together flours and salt.
Gradually add water as for pie crust, to make a dough of pie crust consistency.
Turn out onto a floured board.
Divide into about eight equal portions.
Roll very thin.
Heat a dry cast-iron skillet to medium hot.
Cook, one at a... - 33.6925
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add enough of the water to make a soft dough and knit together with your fingertips. Knead well for 10 minutes. Leave, covered with a damp cloth, for at least 1 hour.
Knead well again, then divide into eight pieces. Roll... - 17.9497
Place flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and add water gradually, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
Turn onto a lightly floured smooth surface. Knead the dough a few minutes until it is pliable. Cover with a clean damp cloth and let... - 24.8151
Chapati is a flat, soft and thin bread. It is enjoyed all over East Africa but the recipe is originated from India and bought to East Africa by the Indian traders centuries ago. It can be served with stews for lunches or dinner or with butter for breakfast.... - 101.914
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
3) Pour in oil to process to a coarse meal.
4) Pour in water in a slow steady stream, while the machine is running.
5) Form a stiff... - 37.9249
Combine the flour and salt in a bowl.
Gradually mix in the water until the dough binds together, but is not sticky or wet.
Knead well for about 10 minutes, until firm and elastic.
Oil a bowl, turn the dough in it twice, then cover with a damp tea-towel.
Leave... - 35.1518
Chapatis a popular Indian bread that goes well with vegetarian and non vegetarian curry. Chapathi is an essential part of Indian diet and is perfect for your dinner! Try them! - 35.104
Sift flour, spices and salt into a large mixing bowl.
Make a well in the centre.
Add beaten eggs, sugar and coconut milk.
Incorporate flour slowly into this and keep mixing till dough is smooth.
Add rosewater, almonds and charoli and mix again.
Allow dough to... - 49.4447
Latino Style, Rotis, Chapatti, Phulkas Or Flour Tortillas
Join Maria in her kitchen as she prepares Indian style homemade tortillas with whole wheat flour. Watch this video and make your own roti, chapatis or phulkas at home. It would not be difficult to make with this fantastic video for your help. Take a look and... - 98.6294
How To Make Shamrock Flatbread
St. Patrick's day food might be associated with being greasy and unhealthy, this is one recipe that you can enjoy guilt free. Pair it with Masala Hummus and everyone at that St. Patrick's day you are invited to will be wowed or simply prepare it to share with... - 0
Simple Plain Chapathi
This is one of the most common breads made in India. It is made of whole wheat flour and can be served with any form of curry dry or gravy. - 0
Prepare chapatie dough.
Roll out pieces of dough on board lightly rubbed with salad oil rather than flour.
In a deep pan at least 6 inches in diameter, pour salad oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches and heat to 350° on a deep frying thermometer.
Place one puri at... - 28.5079
variation: Add Half a cup ground coconut and a piece of onion along with Jeera(cumin) and Rice powder for the dough. - 22.1543
Chakli -- of maharashtrian origin is a common snack in most of the Indian festivals. - 38.3289
Dal Poories has a Scrumptious taste.The Amchur and Garam Masala gives the Dal Poories Unbelievable taste. must catch it - 42.0941
Aloo Bhakarwadi (potato Pinwheels)
If you're looking for an Indian veggie delight then do try the aaloo bhakarwadi. This can be served as a snack to your family and guests. Vegetarians will love this snack. Watch the video as chef Bhavna explains the entire recipe in detail. - 102.406
Dal Dhokli - Dar Dhokri With Plain Rice And Bundi Raita
To all those who are fond of Gujarati cuisine will enjoy this dish. Dal dhokli is made out of left over gujarati dal. It is served with hot rice and raita. Chef Bhavna explains the recipe so well. Do watch the video for the tasty recipe of gujarati dal... - 102.23
Indian Egg Paratha
Ande ka fanda! Fragrant scrambled eggs stuffed in tasty whole wheat flat bread. Tastes simply amazing and a great for breakfast, lunch or at any time. - 119.994
Chakali - A queen of all Diwali delicacies!! I think its hardly to find anybody who doesn't like Chakali. Very crispy and savoury snack prepared all over India during Diwali time. In Maharashtra we prepare chakali by using all kinds of different pulses and we... - 115.496
Chirote is a crisp sugary affair ! Oh yes! This crunchy sweet has a surprise syrup oozing out with every bite. This is a typical Diwali sweet in North India. But then, you don't have to wait till Diwali to make it. Enjoy making it now! - 130.395
Mint And Masoor Tikki (low Calorie Snack) By Tarla Dalal
An interesting way of combining an unusual leafy vegetable like mint and a pulse like masoor. As I have used only 1 teaspoon of oil to cook these tikkis, they are really amazing being moreover relatively light in terms of calories as compared to the deep... - 0
Urad Dal Kachori
Sift together salt, Soda-bicarb and flour.
Rub in fat.
Add enough water to make a soft dough (the dough should be stiffer than that for chapati).
Divide dough into 15 to 20 portions.
Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
Soak dal in water for... - 42.7955
I cannot go for too long without having maharashtrian food.As staying far away from my home-town, i crave for such delicious dishes one of which is Gul Poli.This stuffed chapati with jaggery tastes yummy! - 0
1. Mix salt and wheat flour and make the dough.
2. Make 10-12 chapatis and half cook them.
3. Then make khakharas.
4. Sprinkle some red chilly powder and jeera powder.
5. Then put finely chopped cucumber, tomatoes and onions. - 31.4068
Roller Coaster Samosas
1. Mix maida, salt. Make a stiff dough with lukewarm water. Cover and keep aside.
2. Mash the potatoes well with all filling ingredients.
3. Roll a circle of dough (like chapati) about 1 cm thick.
4. Spread the filling over dough circle, leaving 1/2 inch from... - 40.2212
Churma Ladoo Rajasthani
1. Make a dough as for chapaties by adding a little fat to the flour.
2. Divide into even round balls.
3. Flatten to about 5 cm. (2") in diameter and fry in fat on a slow nre till golden brown in coiour.
4. Grind these balls to a fine powder. Sieve.
5. Heat... - 32.8217
1 In a bowl, sift both the flours .
2 Add in a little water and knead them together into a dough as for chapatis.
3 Mix all the above ingredients with the dough except the ghee.
4 Make 12 round balls.
5 Roll out each to a thick round.
6 Spread... - 42.4047
Apple Roll With Vanilla Cream
For the dough
1. Mix the flour, oil and salt. Add water and prepare a soft dough.
2. Knead well, divide into 4 portions and roll out into chapaties.
How to proceed
1. Put a little apple mixture in each chapati and close.
2. Arrange the stuffed chapaties on a... - 34.1754
1. In a large bowl combine the flour,salt,yeast,baking powder and margarine.mix well all ingredients.prepare the dough by kneading half milk and half water
2. Divide in to equal portions for individual nans by making balls of eachportion
3. Take a ballof... - 32.7953
Soak mung dal in water for six to eight hours.
Wash dal and drain thoroughly.
Grind to a fine paste.
Heat oil in a pan and fry chillies (cut into pieces), coriander seeds, and cumin seeds.
When they turn brown add asafoetida and dal.
Cook for 15 minutes,... - 43.489
1. Sieve flour with salt; rub in half the fat. Make dough as for poories using a little water (60 ml. for 22 pieces).
2. Cream rice flour and remaining fat. Leave in cold water.
3. Divide dough into small balls and roll into thin chapaties.
4. Take one... - 34.7311
1 In a bowl, sift the flour.
2 Add in salt and 1 tbsp ghee.
3 Gently rub the ingredients between the palms to mix them thoroughly.
4 Pour in water gradually, alittle at a time and knead to a soft dough.
5 Take a small portion of the dough and... - 38.1123
Methi Ki Roti
1. Sieve flour and gram flour together. Add chopped coriander and fenugreek leaves. Add salt, a pinch of turmeric and 15 gm of fat.
2. Prepare a soft dough using water. Roll into a thin chapati. Apply fat. Make into a ball.
3. Roll it again into a chapati.... - 32.474
1.Mix six tablespoons of oil with maida. Using fingers, mix well so that the mixture takes the form of breadcrumbs and binds to a certain extent.
2. Now add some water and knead lightly. Keep adding water as required and knead into a soft dough. Set aside and... - 38.1355
Paratha has a fine taste. Paratha is commonly used and gets its taste from flour mixed with salt and prepared with butter. Paratha is adored by many people. - 41.9427
Boil the potatoes until soft.
Drain, then mash with the salt, chillies, chilli powder, mango powder and coriander.
To make the dough, sift the flour and salt into a bowl, make a well in the centre.
Gradually add water, mixing it in with your... - 48.3524
This is a little time consuming but if time is no constraint then try it. It is easy to make and tasty too. - 51.2429
Green Teas Gungra
1. Shell the green peas.
2. Peel and cut potatoes and sweet potatoes into small cubes.
3. Chop coriander leaves and green chillies. In 1 tbsp. oil, saute green peas. Add potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, green chillies, dry spices and coriander leaves.
4. Add... - 45.2052
For Dough :
First knead the dough with warm water by mixing all the dough ingredients.
For Filling :
1. Take mashed potatoes, mix lemon juice, salt and sugar.
2. Now crush other ingredients in mixer for half a minute (be careful we want to just crush it not... - 44.1833
Gujjia - Healthier Than You Think
Gujia is a traditional Indian sweet dish that is commonly made in households on the occasion of Holi, Diwali and other festivals. It is akin to a sweet samosa, but is somewhat flat, moon shaped with a crunchy exterior encompassing a sweet stuffing. - 0
Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls
Paneer tikka kathi rolls are vegetarian snacks, prepared with paneer and vegetable filling wrapped in a chappati or roti. The paneer is tossed with tomatoes in a marinade of curd, chili powder, turmeric, ginger and garlic along with fenugreek and chaat... - 52.5742
A speciality of northern India, parathas are flatbreads which are made with the same dough as chapatis but are fried in ghee. While certainly one of the most delicious breads, they are also one of the easiest to prepare - even more reason to try this... - 38.9535
1 Cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
2 Discard the lower hard stalks, keeping only the upper flower portions.
3 In a pan, heat some ghee.
4 Add in the cauliflower along with coriander, chilli powder, black pepper,... - 45.7155
1. Hard-boil eggs. Crack and cool in water. Shell and chop into small pieces.
2. Chop fine the green chillies, onions, ginger and coriander leaves.
3. Saute in a small quantity of hot fat. Remove, add eggs and salt.
4. Prepare a dough with flour, salt and... - 45.0878
1. Rub part of the fat into the flour.
2. Knead to a soft dough with water.
3. Divide dough into even sized-balls.
4. Roll each ball into a round like a chapati.
5. Smear with fat and sprinkle a little flour over.
6. Cut from the centre of the round to the... - 35.8839
Shankarpali in Marathi is a snack popular in Maharashtra India, and elsewhere among ethnic Maharashtrian populations. Shankarpali is traditionally enjoyed as a treat on the Diwali holiday. . It is also very popular snack amongst the gujarati community in... - 40.5392
Spicy Puri With Hint Of Spinach
Mix salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder into the flour.
Slightly crush jeera / ajwain and add to the flour with finely cut spinach leaves.
Add 2 tea spoons of oil. This helps puris to puff up well.
Make dough as you make for regular rotis/ chapati.... - 44.4604
Soy And Egg Frankie
The soy and egg frankie is a filling egg and soy roll or wrap that can be served as a meal. Steamed soy granules are combined with mashed potatoes, cooked eggs, onions and capsicims are fried and filled in chappatis and rolled up to make a serving. - 38.7727
Paneer Paratha / Cheese Parantha
Learn how to make this delicious Indian flatbread using Paneer which is Indian style cottage cheese. This Parantha tastes great with chutneys, pickle and raita (yogurt preparation.) All you need for this parantha is cheese stuffing/paneer stuffing and wheat... - 0
Chirote,a very famous Maharashtrian dish.Specially prepared during Diwali.Sweet and delicious Chirote dipped in sugar syrup makes this dish taste very yummy!It is a bit difficult,but worth the efforts!Try it! - 0
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes
Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes tastes nice. The seeds adds up the taste of Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. The vegetarians must try Indian Spiced Cabbage And Potatoes. - 45.6418
Make the dough, divide into 6-8 portions and roll out on a floured surface.
Brush the middle with 1/2 teaspoon ghee.
Fold the dough in half and roll up into a tube.
Flatten it with your palms, then coil round your fingers.
Roll out to about 18 cm (7 inch)... - 39.1584
Mooli Stuffed Parathas
1. Rub some fat into the flour, add salt.
2. Add water and prepare a stiff dough.
3. Divide into equal portions and form into balls.
4. Roll out as for chapaties.
5. Grate radish. Remove excess moisture if any. Season.
6. Sprinkle seasoned radish on one round... - 37.4185
Indian Aloo Paratha
Indian Aloo Paratha is one of the most popular breakfast dishes that is even eaten for lunch or dinner. Watch this video to learn the detailed recipe of this potato stuffed Indian bread. Bon Appetit! - 134.149
Methi Matar Bhakri Or Paratha - Flavored Flat Bread For Breakfast
If you're fond of eating parathas, then you have to try this amazing recipe by chef Bhavna. These are easy to make once you've prepared the dough. You can serve it with yogurt or pickle if you like. This makes it a heavy breakfast. Watch the video for the... - 95.8995
Gram Flour Roti
1. Sift the ata and gram flour into a mixing bowl. Mix together the chopped onion and green chilli, fresh coriander, salt and crushed red chillies, then add them to the flour.
2. Stir in enough cold water to make a soft dough. Cover and set aside for about 30... - 38.8212
Indian Poori is so favorite for my kids, that I prepare it quite frequently. I learnt this from one of my Indian friends. However, this video also shows you in detail the cooking procedure, from which you can easily learn and try out. - 115.033
Wheat Naan (indian Bread) - Baked On Stove - No Oven.
If you like eating Indian bread, then do try this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make Indian bread from wheat. In India we call it naan. The naan can be served with any curry. So do try this amazing recipe and do watch the video. - 107.419
Besun Ki Roti
Sift the two flours and salt into a large bowl.
With your fingers, mix in the dried and fresh chillies, onion, coriander and mint.
Gradually stir in the water, form it into a soft dough and knead for about 5 minutes.
Divide the dough into 8 portions.
Roll out... - 45.6827
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour and salt in bowl; mix well.
Pour oil over mixture.
Add water gradually, stirring until mixture forms a ball.
Add additional water if needed.
Knead dough for 8 to 10 minutes.
Let rest, covered with damp cloth, for 30 minutes.
Knead... - 40.7569
Puff Puris (pooris) - Indian Bread
If you're looking for the recipe of the Indian fried puri, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make puff puris. They can be served with chhole curry or any other curry. They look so yummy and tempting. So don't forget to check out the video. - 105.46