- » Chapati
Chapati or chapatti is a very common form of food item, where wheat, which is the staple of northern South Asia, is eaten or consumed by people. In India and other Asian countries, chapatis are consumed by most of ... More »
The traditional Indian bread. This video shows you the easiest way to make the standard whole wheat Indian flour bread known as the chapati. This is a signature bread used in almost all Indian households and is the primary bread which can be taken with meat,... - 126.331
Latino Style, Rotis, Chapatti, Phulkas Or Flour Tortillas
Join Maria in her kitchen as she prepares Indian style homemade tortillas with whole wheat flour. Watch this video and make your own roti, chapatis or phulkas at home. It would not be difficult to make with this fantastic video for your help. Take a look and... - 116.159
Indian Chapati is a staple of every north Indian household. This flat bread made from wheat flour is not easy to make the first time, but when you get the hang of it, you will love to make it again and again. The soft texture will linger in your mouth all the... - 107.663
Roti Or Chapati Or Aka Or Pulka Fulka (indian Soft Bread)
If you're looking for the recipe of the Indian bread then do try out this recipe. It is called roti in India. Chef Bhavna shows such a simple way to make the roti. It is always better to have roti than the fermented bread. So do try out the recipe and surely... - 101.002
Spicy Chapati Rolls
Spicy Chapati Rolls or Frankie as commonly known are ideal snack or breakfast item for young and old alike. Easy to whip up using left over chapatis or rotis the rolls are high in health quotient too because of the many vegetables that are used to prepare its... - 54.608
This is a dish prepared with leftover chapathis. Normally leftover chapathis tend to become a bit hard and
they don’t taste as good as the fresh ones so we throw them. If it is converted to upma it tastes great. - 47.1396
Chapati is a staple in much of India and Pakistan, and also in other parts of SE Asia and Africa as well. It is often made fresh for each meal and even children learn to make this basic and easy bread. Often, the finished chapatis are brushed with ghee... - 43.9602
Chickpea And Spinach Chapatis
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until... - 43.9574
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift in the flour with the salt.
2. Add the clarified butter to the flour and rub in.
3. Make a well in the flour and pour in the water.
4. Using your hand or a wooden spoon, combine the flour with the water to make... - 43.4373
1) Combine and sift the flours.
2) Add enough water to make a stiff dough. Set aside for 1 hour.
3) Knead the dough with a little water until soft.
4) Divide into small balls and roll into very thin pancakes, 4 to 6 inches in diameter. (You may... - 41.2376
1)In a bowl, add flour, salt and mix. Add water and need medium firm smooth dough. Leave it for 20 minutes.
2)Take out 4 tablespoons of flour for dredging.
3)Take a griddle and start heating it.
4)Knead the dough once more and then make... - 40.5818
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
3) Pour in oil to process to a coarse meal.
4) Pour in water in a slow steady stream, while the machine is running.
5) Form a stiff... - 38.6535
1) In a bowl, add all ingredients to combine thoroughly.
2) Place a well oiled skillet to heat up over a medium flame.
3) Pour in by 3 T of batter and spread in a round shape with 6" in diameter.
4) Cook to brown on both... - 38.3944
Stuffed Paranthas (chapatis)
Finely chop the fresh ginger root.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
Saute onions with ginger root or ground ginger.
Add black pepper, turmeric powder, red chili pepper, and coriander seed powder.
With a fork, mash the potatoes, and place in frying pan with... - 37.607
1. Take a skillet, add cleaned til to it and roast until it turns brown in color.
2. Add gram flour to the skillet and roast until it turns red.
3. Grate the jaggery on fine grater and remove all its lumps.
4. Take a bowl and add roasted til, gram... - 37.0406
1. Take a bowl and add maida and water into it. Shape the mixture into stiff dough and set it aside.
2. Take a skillet and melt ghee in it. Add semolina and fry it until it turns golden.
3. Stir in 1 cup water and cook until the semolina dries.
4.... - 37.0301
Cook channa daal in the pressure cooker or a big pan .and close the lid till water is goes keep on stiring ,then add jaggery to it and cook till it become soft, Grind them without using water. Combine cardamom with it and mix well with hand to get a soft... - 36.0001
Chapati With Onion
Chapatti With Onion has a fine taste. Chapatti With Onion gets its taste from flour mixed with onions and green chilies. Chapatti With Onion is inspired by many food joints worldwide. - 35.9253
Sift the flour into a deep bowl.
Make a well in the centre, add the salt and water, and mix together to form a soft dough.
Gather the dough from the sides of the bowl and knead with the back of your fist until the dough is pliable.
Cover and leave to stand... - 35.6724
1. Take a medium-sized bowl and add salt and flour into it. Add some water and stir until the flour is moist and dough becomes stiff and blended.
2. Spread it over lightly floured board or pastry cloth and knead for another 5 minutes until the dough is... - 34.7005
Place the flour in a bowl.
Slowly add up to 1/2 cup water and mix until all the flour adheres and you can knead it.
(You will probably need a little less than the 1/2 cup water.) Now knead it for 7 to 8 minutes.
Roll into a ball.
Cover with a damp cloth and... - 34.2754
Whole Wheat Chapati
1 In a bowl, sift flour and mix it with salt.
2 Gradually pour in water, enough to make a soft, but not sticky dough.
3 Knead well and cover with a wet cloth.
4 Keep aside for an hour.
5 Knead it again.
6 Form small balls from the dough.
7 Roll... - 33.9044
Chapatis a popular Indian bread that goes well with vegetarian and non vegetarian curry. Chapathi is an essential part of Indian diet and is perfect for your dinner! Try them! - 33.7906
Combine the flour and salt in a bowl.
Gradually mix in the water until the dough binds together, but is not sticky or wet.
Knead well for about 10 minutes, until firm and elastic.
Oil a bowl, turn the dough in it twice, then cover with a damp tea-towel.
Leave... - 32.6379
In a large bowl, sift flours together.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough and set aside 1 hour.
Knead dough with a little water until soft.
Divide in to twelve small balls.
Roll into very thin pancakes 4 to 6 inches in diameter, or use a tortilla... - 31.7407
Sift together flours and salt.
Gradually add water as for pie crust, to make a dough of pie crust consistency.
Turn out onto a floured board.
Divide into about eight equal portions.
Roll very thin.
Heat a dry cast-iron skillet to medium hot.
Cook, one at a... - 31.7363
Blend flour, salt, and butter or margarine in Bosch bowl.
Add enough water to make a stiff dough.
Knead until smooth and elastic.
Cover with a damp cloth, and let rest 30 minutes.
Form dough into 1 inch balls.
Roll out paperthin, and bake on a lightly greased... - 31.6911
Chapati (indian Bread)
Mix together all the ingredients in a mixing bowl until a firm dough is formed.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Divide the dough into walnut-sized balls.
On a lightly floured surface roll out each ball about 1/4-inch thick.
On a hot iron griddle, grill each... - 30.753
Mix the flour in a bowl with as little of the water as possible to make a stiff dough.
Knead the dough very thoroughly so that it becomes evenly blended and pliable.
If necessary, a little more water may be worked in.
Replace the dough in the bowl, cover with... - 29.5305
Whole Wheat Chapati
Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
Add the water gradually, working in the flour to make a firm dough.
Knead well for about 15 minutes, until the dough is smooth.
Cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for... - 29.4719
Beat the dough for about 1 minute, until it becomes somewhat smooth and elastic.
Divide the dough into 16 equal parts.
Roll each part into an 8" round on a floured surface.
Bake each chapati in an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat until done but not... - 29.2127
Pinch off two small pieces of dough, each about the size of a walnut.
Roll out to a small circle about 3" in diameter.
On one side of one circle, smear a little oil.
Put the other circle down on the oily side.
Press down lightly.
Dust with dry flour.
Roll out... - 28.5865
Pinch off a golf-ball-sized piece of the bread dough.
Roll it out very thin on a well-floured surface.
Cook over low heat in skillet (try cast iron with no oil) until browned.
Turn and cook the other side.
Refrigerate the dough so you can make just as many... - 27.7888
Chapatis is a form of bread but different in shape and taste. The flour and perfect quantity of water gives the Chapatis a prefect shape and taste. Must catch it. - 27.4553
Chapati With Corn Flour
Mix whole wheat flour, corn flour and salt together.
Add water gradually, adding just enough to keep dough from sticking to hands (about 1 cup).
Divide into 8 portions and roll out each portion as thin as possible, with a rolling pin.
Toast over medium high... - 22.8633
Place flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and add water gradually, mixing until a soft dough is formed.
Turn onto a lightly floured smooth surface. Knead the dough a few minutes until it is pliable. Cover with a clean damp cloth and let... - 22.3777
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl with the salt. Make a well in the centre and gradually stir in the measured water, mixing well with your fingers to form a supple dough. Knead for about 7-10 minutes then cover and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. Divide... - 19.8953
Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Add enough of the water to make a soft dough and knit together with your fingertips. Knead well for 10 minutes. Leave, covered with a damp cloth, for at least 1 hour.
Knead well again, then divide into eight pieces. Roll... - 14.9507
Chapati Recipes By Category