- » Chana Dal
Chana Dal Recipes
Chana dal is the Indian name for chickpeas. It is also referred to as Indian pea, Bengal gram and ceci bean in different parts of the world. Chana dal belongs to the Fabaceae family of legumes and is considered to be ... More »
Simple Chana Dal
Chana Dal is mostly prepared by Indians. This dal is used for the regular daily cooking and is very high in protein. You can always add more Indian spices to make it more tasty. - 141.864
Channa Dal Curry
The Chef shows how to make Channa Dal which is used as a accompaniment for puranpoli. It is also called Katachi Amti in India. It's really tasty and you can always make Channa Dal in your regular cooking as well. - 134.211
Chana Dal Lauki
Want a vegan wholesome dish that has both vegetables and protein? Well, watch this video where chef Manjula is making Chana dal lauki, its yellow lentil and bottle gourd curry. She makes it little spicy with some whole and powdered spices. Bottle gourds are... - 124.362
Creamy Chickpea Stew
Channa or chickpea is common in several regional preparations across India. Chef Madhura shows the recipe to make Chana Dal, a good variation lentil dish in simple and easy steps to go well with rotis. Good with rice and naan too! - 92.4745
Curried Garbanzo Beans (chana Dal)
1) In a 3-4 quart pot, roast the cumin seeds in the heated oil over a medium heat for one minute
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
3) Stir into the pot and saute for about 3 minutes.
4) In the... - 48.7359
Urad And Chana Dal
1 Pick and wash the dals.
2 In a bowl, soak the dals for 25 minutes.
3 In a pan, boil water.
4 Add in the dals along with turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and cook on low heat until tender and well mixed.
5 In a pan, heat the... - 47.291
Chana Dal Cooked With Lamb
Pat the meat pieces dry with a paper towel.
Put the 1 chopped onion, garlic, and ginger into container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed... - 45.7017
Chana Dal Vada
Soak the chana dal for one hour
Grind Channa Dal coarsely without adding water.
Now transfer to a bowl and add chopped onions, green chillies or redchillie pd, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves ,coriander leaves,dill leaves, salt,rice flour .
Mix all the... - 44.7704
Chana Dal With Cucumber
Chana daal with cucumber is an indian preparation of split bengal gram with cucumber. Cooked in water with ginger, chiles and cumin for flavor and taste, the chana daal with cucumber is served hot with chopped coriander as garnish.This is a special low sugar... - 42.1796
Sukhi Chana Dal
Are you looking for an excellent side dish to go with your meal? Here’s the simple and easy sukhi chana dal recipe that is absolutely delicious. Channa dal cooked with onion, capsicum and spices is an easy to make yummy delight. - 42.1255
Chana Dal Toffee
1. Blanch almonds.
2. Cut nuts into thin slices.
3. Grate coconut.
4. Wash and boil Bengal gram. When boiled grind on a stone.
5. Mix together ground gram, grated coconut and sugar and cook on a slow fire.
6. When mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms... - 41.509
Chana Dhal Kofta
Soak the channa dhal in water for two hours.
Boil it in four cups of water with one green chilli.
When quite soft, drain and put the dhal on the fire for a minute or two to dry.
Grind the dhal with the cumin seeds and chilli powder.
Mix with all the other... - 41.086
Chana Dhal With Rice And Saffron
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear, set aside in a bowl of water to soak.
2. Wash the chana dhaal, then boil for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not mushy. Check by rubbing the dhaal between your index finger and thumb.
3. Drain, cover and set... - 41.0716
Spinach And Chana Dal Bhujia
1 Pick and wash the chana dal.
2 In a bowl, soak the dal in water for 15 minutes.
3 Wash the spinach and chop.
4 In a pan, cook spinach and dal together until tender.
5 In another pan, heat the ghee.
6 Add in ginger with salt, red... - 40.9118
Chana Dal Filling
A spicy Indian filling that works wonders when stuffed in breads. - 37.9516
Chana Dhal Dessert
1. Ideally the chana dhaal should be soaked for about 3 hours before boiling. However, if this is not possible, wash the lentils and place them in a large saucepan with the water and boil over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes until all the water has evaporated... - 36.2996
Chana Dal Ukkarai
Soak the dals in water for 4 hours.
Drain and grind to a fine paste.
Heat ghee and fry the nuts and keep aside.
Gently dry roast the coconut scrapings and keep aside.
Heat a little ghee in a pan and fry the dal mixture till pink and keep aside.
Melt the... - 34.3466
Chana Dal Recipes By Category