- » Chana
Chana or chickpea is a highly nutritious constituent of the legume family. It belongs to the Fabacae family and makes for a rich source of protein in the Indian cuisine. Chana may again be categorized into two, the ... More »
Channa Dal Curry
The Chef shows how to make Channa Dal which is used as a accompaniment for puranpoli. It is also called Katachi Amti in India. It's really tasty and you can always make Channa Dal in your regular cooking as well. - 130.962
Simple Chana Dal
Chana Dal is mostly prepared by Indians. This dal is used for the regular daily cooking and is very high in protein. You can always add more Indian spices to make it more tasty. - 130.484
Chana Dal Lauki
Want a vegan wholesome dish that has both vegetables and protein? Well, watch this video where chef Manjula is making Chana dal lauki, its yellow lentil and bottle gourd curry. She makes it little spicy with some whole and powdered spices. Bottle gourds are... - 121.018
Indian Chana Dal With Garlic
Have you tried cooking Chana Dal? A common dal used in Indian cooking, it is really healthy and full of protein. Here is a video showing you how to prepare this dal. A simple recipe and the use of a pressure cooker enables you to prepare this quickly. - 114.469
Cabbage Chana Dal Salad
How about a high protein salad for Sunday brunch? Chef Manjula makes cabbage chana dal salad which doesn’t need any cooking. Its easy to prepare with just chopping and mixing. - 95.8064
Indian Kala Channa Masala
If you are a vegetarian, then you will simply relish the Kala Channa Masala. It goes well with steamed rice or with Indian flat breads. Or you can just eat it as a snack. Besides, this dish is super healthy. Enjoy the video from Bhavna's kitchen! - 92.1657
Creamy Chickpea Stew
Channa or chickpea is common in several regional preparations across India. Chef Madhura shows the recipe to make Chana Dal, a good variation lentil dish in simple and easy steps to go well with rotis. Good with rice and naan too! - 90.754
Chana Dal And Spinach Patties
Looking for a spicy and mouth watering snack? We've got one right here for you. Watch this video now to learn how you can prepare this Chana Dal and Spinach Patties. This is certainly worth trying. - 87.5461
Curried Garbanzo Beans (chana Dal)
1) In a 3-4 quart pot, roast the cumin seeds in the heated oil over a medium heat for one minute
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped.
3) Stir into the pot and saute for about 3 minutes.
4) In the... - 48.6402
Chana Dal Halwa
Wash the dhaal and pick over for any stones etc.
Place in a medium heavy-based saucepan with the water.
Bring to the boil, lower the heat and cook until the dhaal is soft enough to be mashed.
Drain well and discard the water, then transfer the dhaal to a... - 48.3479
Chana Dal Pulao
1 In a bowl, soak the dal for 15 minutes.
2 In a pan, boil the dal it in salted water until tender.
3 Put in a strainer to remove any excess water and keep aside.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee.
5 Add in the onion slices with bay... - 48.2057
Chana With Gravy
1 In a bowl, soak the chana overnight in water with soda bicarbonate.
2 In a pan, heat the ghee,.
3 Add in red chilli powder and soaked chana along with the water.
4 Boil until tender.
5 Add in the salt, amchoor, spices and... - 47.5741
Kabuli Chana Soup
This Kabuli Chana Soup is not only tasty but a rich source of B vitamins ! Try out this lentils soup after a really tired day and tell me if you found it effective. Your suggestions for the Kabuli Chana Soup are welcome ! - 47.5139
Special Sookha Chana
1 Wash the chana well.
2 In a bowl, soak the chana in water with all the ingredients, except salt, overnight.
3 In a pan, transfer the soaked chana with all the ingredients.
4 Add in salt and boil on low heat until tender.
5 ... - 47.1826
Urad And Chana Dal
1 Pick and wash the dals.
2 In a bowl, soak the dals for 25 minutes.
3 In a pan, boil water.
4 Add in the dals along with turmeric, salt, red chilli powder and cook on low heat until tender and well mixed.
5 In a pan, heat the... - 46.5642
Chana And Dhingri Curry
1 In two different bowls, soak white mushroom and chana separately overnight.
2 Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
3 In a pan, boil the chana in salted water until tender.
4 In a pan, heat the ghee,.
5 Add in chopped... - 46.5547
1 In a bowl, fill water.
2 Soak chana in it along with tea leaves tied in a muslin cloth and soda bicarbonate overnight.
3 In a pan, boil the chana with salt until tender.
4 Put it in a strainer to drain water.
5 Cut the ginger... - 46.1872
Hot Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
Cover, lower heat, and simmer gently for 1 hour.
Drain and set aside.
In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the mustard, cumin, and fenugreek... - 46.1777
Chana Ni Dar
Put dal in a pan with onions, chillies, ginger, garlic, turmeric and enough water to cover by one inch.
Place pan on heat and bring to boil.
Skim and reduce heat.
Allow to simmer till tender.
The grains should not get mashed, they should remain whole and... - 46.1499
Lauki Dal Chana
Its a most popular in sub continenet. Specially its common and most favourite for those are vegeterian.
It is my favourite, and the dish with nan,fresh salad, and curd,really yummy,yummy. - 44.9635
Chana Dal Cooked With Lamb
Pat the meat pieces dry with a paper towel.
Put the 1 chopped onion, garlic, and ginger into container of an electric blender.
Add 4 tablespoons water and blend at high speed until you have a smooth paste.
Heat the oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed... - 44.5545
Kabli Channa has a lovely taste. Kabli Channa gets its taste from Bengal gram mixed in garam masala and flavored with spices. Kabli Channa is liked by many people worldwide. - 44.5039
Kabuli Chana And Bread
This Kabuli Chana And Bread tastes incredible . Try this out for your next breakfast or brunch. Feel free to share your views about this Kabuli Chana And Bread and let me know if you like it ! - 44.4595
1. Heat fat. Add sultanas and remove.
2. Add panir cubes and fry to a golden brown. Remove.
3. Add curry leaves, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
4. Add rice and fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add shelled peas, slit green chillies, salt, sugar and hot water (double the... - 44.2064
1) Soak channa dal in 2 cups of water overnight.
2) Drain the water next morning and coarsely grid it.
3) Take a wok and heat some oil. Fry coconut.
4) Make a paste of the coconut.
5) Now, heat about 3 tablespoons oil and add cumin,... - 44.1977
Chana No Atto No Poro
Mix all ingredients except oil with enough water to make a paste of dropping consistency.
Divide mixture into two portions.
Heat a small frying pan.
Add enough oil to cover base of pan.
Pour one portion of mixture into pan and cook till base is set.
Carefully... - 43.9944
Chana Dal With Cucumber
Chana daal with cucumber is an indian preparation of split bengal gram with cucumber. Cooked in water with ginger, chiles and cumin for flavor and taste, the chana daal with cucumber is served hot with chopped coriander as garnish.This is a special low sugar... - 43.783
Peshwari Chana has a great taste. Peshwari Chana gets its taste from chickpeas mixed with garam masala and flavored by spices. Peshwari Chana is loved by vegetarian food lovers. - 43.6859
Chana Upkari Phovu
Wash chana and soak for 8-10 hrs.
Add potatoes and salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
Heat oil in a pot and add mustard seeds.
When they splutter add cut red chilli and fry for about 5 seconds.
Now add the curry leaves and heeng. Pour cooked chana.... - 43.5631
Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed 10-inch skillet over a medium-high flame.
When hot, put in the whole cumin seeds.
As soon as they begin to darken, after a few seconds, add the chopped onions.
Stir and fry 7 to 8 minutes or until onions begin to turn a golden... - 43.3388
Kabuli Chana Biryani
Soak kabuli chana overnight in a little water and boil in a pressure cooker til tender.
Heat a little oil in a non stick pan.
Add to this the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a while.
Next, add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 teaspoons of water... - 43.3113
Chana Dal Vada
Soak the chana dal for one hour
Grind Channa Dal coarsely without adding water.
Now transfer to a bowl and add chopped onions, green chillies or redchillie pd, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves ,coriander leaves,dill leaves, salt,rice flour .
Mix all the... - 43.1556
Chana Dhal Kofta
Soak the channa dhal in water for two hours.
Boil it in four cups of water with one green chilli.
When quite soft, drain and put the dhal on the fire for a minute or two to dry.
Grind the dhal with the cumin seeds and chilli powder.
Mix with all the other... - 43.0383
Wash the lentil and soak in water fortwo hours and boil.
Keep aside till it cools.
Make fine paste.
Put sugar in a pot, add a little water and boil to make a thick sugar syrup.
Heat ghee in a kadhai, add black and green cardamom seeds.
When crackling, add... - 42.8316
Pantua Or Deep Fried Chhana Dumplings
Prepare thin syrup with sugar and water.
Knead the chhana along with the suji.
Add ghee so as to make a smooth paste.
Now, make 20 equal portions by dividing the chhana.
Roll each portion into the shape of a ball.
So, you should have 20 chhana balls.
Use khoa... - 42.6792
Kabuli Chianna Salad
Kabuli Chianna Salad has a superb taste. The garam masala powder with green chilli gives the Kabuli Chianna Salad a supreme taste. Must catch it - 42.6264
1. Heat fat and fry onion till golden brown.
2. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric, chopped ginger, slit green chillies and finely chopped tomatoes. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add gram and saute. Add double the amount of water.
4. Dice gourd and... - 42.2268
Chana Dal Payasam
Creamy dal, cooked along with aromatic cardamom and sweet jaggery. A msut have during Navratri festival. - 42.0989
Chana Dal Toffee
1. Blanch almonds.
2. Cut nuts into thin slices.
3. Grate coconut.
4. Wash and boil Bengal gram. When boiled grind on a stone.
5. Mix together ground gram, grated coconut and sugar and cook on a slow fire.
6. When mixture leaves the sides of the pan and forms... - 41.786
Spinach And Chana Dal Bhujia
1 Pick and wash the chana dal.
2 In a bowl, soak the dal in water for 15 minutes.
3 Wash the spinach and chop.
4 In a pan, cook spinach and dal together until tender.
5 In another pan, heat the ghee.
6 Add in ginger with salt, red... - 41.4187
Chana Dal Soup
Soak the channa dhal in water for an hour.
Into eight cups of boiling water, put the channa dhal and onion.
Cook on a moderate fire for about an hour till the dhal becomes quite soft.
Then mash and rub it through a sieve.
Add butter, salt, turmeric powder and... - 41.3981
Cold Chana Dal With Potatoes
Put the dal to boil with 3 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the ginger slices.
Simmer gently for 1 hour.
Discard ginger slices.
In a serving bowl, combine the dal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining ingredients.
To serve: Serve... - 41.2672
Kabuli Pindi Chana
Kabuli Pinid Channa has a defining taste. The lime witl black caradamons gives the Kabuli Pinid Channa a unique taste. Must catch it. - 41.2001
Sukhi Chana Dal
Are you looking for an excellent side dish to go with your meal? Here’s the simple and easy sukhi chana dal recipe that is absolutely delicious. Channa dal cooked with onion, capsicum and spices is an easy to make yummy delight. - 40.8704
Kabuli Chana Dhal
Soak the kabuli channa overnight.
Boil ten cups of water; put in the dhal, a little soda and the onion.
Cook till the dhal gets soft.
Mash it with a fork and rub through a sieve.
Grind the dhal left in the sieve to a fine paste, adding a little warm water,... - 40.8059
Chana Dhal With Rice And Saffron
1. Wash the rice until the water runs clear, set aside in a bowl of water to soak.
2. Wash the chana dhaal, then boil for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not mushy. Check by rubbing the dhaal between your index finger and thumb.
3. Drain, cover and set... - 40.1061
Dry Kabuli Chana
Soak the kabuli channa overnight.
The next day boil the channa.
Brown the onion in the ghee and add the kabuli channa, three green chillies, ginger, cumin seed powder, salt, turmeric and a quarter cup of water (or more if necessary).
Cook for five or ten... - 40.0587
Haandi Chana Dhal With Okra
1. Wash the chana dhaal, then boil for about 10 minutes until it is soft but not mushy. Check by rubbing the dhaal between your index finger and thumb.
2. Drain, cover and set aside.
3. Heat 4 tablespoons of the oil in a haandi or saucepan, add the diced... - 39.8139
Chana Dal Filling
A spicy Indian filling that works wonders when stuffed in breads. - 39.7419
Snake Gourd With Chana Dal Curry
Soak 3 tbs Channa Dal in water for at least 45 minutes. Keep aside.
Peel the skin of the snake gourd, cut the gourd in to small cubes, remove any seeds or pulp. Soak the cubes in warm salted water for 2 minutes. Remove & squeeze water out & dry the cubes on... - 38.7433
Bhuna Masala Chana
Heat oil, fry masala well, add channa with its water, simmer for 10 mins.
Add tamarind pulp and remove from fire after simmering for 5 mins.
Dry water completely.
Serve with purees. - 38.428
Chhana Khajoor is something that you shouldnâ€™t miss. You will be doing great injustice to your taste buds if you do miss this wonderfully delicious dessert. Use this excellent Chhana Khajoor recipe and pamper your taste buds. - 38.262
Haandi Chana Dhal With Tomatoes And Green Mango Slices
1. Wash the chana dhaal thoroughly. Boil for about 10 minutes until soft but not mushy, drain, then set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a haandi or saucepan and fry the onion seeds and curry leaves for about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, put the spring onions into a... - 38.1928
Boil the grams and keep aside (Pls do not add salt while boiling)
Heat the pan and put oil in it, add garlic, onions, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder.
When onions turn soft, add tomatoes and fry.
When tomatoes turn soft, add Capsicum and fry.
Add green... - 36.4981
his chana dish is perfect for all chana lovers like me. If you were looking for a nutritious and tasty chana preparation then this is the channa recipe for you! - 36.3145
Chana Dal Ukkarai
Soak the dals in water for 4 hours.
Drain and grind to a fine paste.
Heat ghee and fry the nuts and keep aside.
Gently dry roast the coconut scrapings and keep aside.
Heat a little ghee in a pan and fry the dal mixture till pink and keep aside.
Melt the... - 36.1125
Sookha Kala Chana
Boil the chana in a pressure cooker until soft.
Drain and keep aside for later OR boil the chana until water disappears.
Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan
Add the cumin seeds, musturd seeds
Cook till they splutter.
Add the green chillies.
Now add the... - 35.7938
Mix the flours with the seasonings and mix to a pouring batter (not too thin) with cold water.
Add the chopped vegetables and lastly the baking powder just before frying.
If using cottage cheese, stir it in with the water.
Heat 11/2 tblspns, oil in a 6" pan... - 35.6128
Cabbage Chana Dal Fry
Chop Cabbage into small pieces/cubes. Wash & Rinse. Add half cup water & boil cabbage in microwave for about 12 minutes.
Soak Channa Dal in half cup water for at least 45 minutes.
Heat 3 tbs oil in a deep skillet. Add mustard seeds and allow them to... - 34.5914
Chana Dhal Dessert
1. Ideally the chana dhaal should be soaked for about 3 hours before boiling. However, if this is not possible, wash the lentils and place them in a large saucepan with the water and boil over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes until all the water has evaporated... - 34.252
Chana Dal Payasam
1. Pick and wash gram.
2. Cook gram in water till soft.
3. Add jaggery to gram. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Extract coconut milk. Add to gram.
5. Cook till it thickens. Add cardamom powder and clarified butter. - 34.083
Chana Dal With Paneer And Tomatoes
1. Wash and pick over the chana dhal or split peas for any stones, etc. Place them in a heavy-based saucepan with the onion, garam masala, garlic, ginger, chilli powder, mango powder, salt and about 600 ml / 1 pint water. Bring to the boil and cook for about... - 33.4317
Black Gram (channa) Soup
Soak grams in water overnight.
Pressure cook for 20 minutes.
Drain and liquidise 1 cup boiled grams.
Heat ghee, add cumin when they begin to splutter, add dry chilli, salt, channa water with ground channa and boil for 2 minutes.
Serve hot. - 32.3391
Soak chana over night and next day boil it with little salt in it.See to it that they are quite soft to eat. grind to gether, corainder leaves, cumin seeds, pudina, ginger, greenchilies, kala namak.
In pan heat oil and temper it with mustard seeds , hing... - 30.709
Pindi Wale Channa
Wash channas and soak them overnight with enough water to cover them by 4 inches, adding sodium bicarbonate (soda bicarb).
Next morning boil channas in pressure cooker along with hing, ginger-garlic paste, salt and the tea leaves, tied in a small muslin... - 30.6709
Chana Dal Halwa
Soak chana daal in water for 2-3 hours.
Boil soaked chana in milk till totally cooked. Blend it into a paster.
Fry this mixture in ghee till you smell the halwa and till you feel it is cooked.
Mix sugar and dry fruits and cook for 5-10 more minutes.
Serve hot... - 30.1308
Keri Nakheli Chana Nidar
1. Wash the chana dal twice.
2. Chop the spring onions finely and place in a large pan with half cup oil. Cook till soft. Add the chopped ginger, green chillies, spice powders, and tomatoes. When the tomatoes begin to soften add the washed chana dal, salt and... - 28.6406
Chana Nl Dar Ma Dodhi
1. Skin the gourd, deseed it and chop into tiny cubes. Chop the onions and tomatoes finely.
2. Place the chopped onions and half cup oil in a pressure cooker. When the onions are soft and pink add the curry leaves; all the spices and ginger-garlic paste. Stir... - 26.3788
1. In a pan, pour in the oil and let it heat.
2. Add in the cumin seeds, onion, green chili, garlic and ginger. Sauté for a few seconds.
3. Add in the turmeric and tomatoes and stir.
4. Season with coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder... - 0
Black Chana Salad
1. In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, green chili, ginger, red chili powder, cumin powder, black salt, dry mango powder, salt and chaat masala.
2. Add in the onion, tomato, green pepper and black chana. Toss well all the... - 0
Chane Ki Ghughri
Ghughris are great for breakfast. This preparation uses soaked black gram, which being filling and energizing, is a perfect choice for breakfast. - 0
Chana Recipes By Category