- » Carrot Onion Thyme
Carrot Onion Thyme Recipes
Enjoy our collection of carrot onion thyme recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for carrot onion thyme recipes.
Carrot Soup With Thyme
1. Chop the onion finely and grate the carrots. Cook in the butter over a gentle heat for 10 to 15 minutes with a lid on the pan.
2. Stir in the flour and add the stock, thyme, bayleaf and seasonings. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Remove the bayleaf and... - 34.9546
Rinse the farro in several changes of cold water.
Remove any black kernels.
In a medium saucepan, combine the water, onion, carrot, thyme, and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the farro and salt.
Simmer uncovered for 45 to... - 34.2644
Sweet Corn And Carrot Soup
Make this Thanksgiving and fall season more special with this awesome raw soup. Take a look at this great video to make this dish that everyone in the family would surely enjoy. The video is nicely presented and informative too. Check it out… - 114.094
Carrots With Onions
In a 1 1/2 quart casserole combine carrots, onion, water, thyme, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
Cook on 100% power (high) for 6 to 8 minutes (10 to 12 minutes in low wattage ovens) or till carrots are crisp tender, stirring once.
Add margarine; toss to coat... - 25.9509
Pork Loin Roast With Thyme
Pork Loin Roast With Thyme! Be prepared to be astounded by the addictive flavors of this yummy Pork dish! Trust me, you just cant get enough of this Pork Loin Roast With Thyme! Try it! - 46.4813
Le Carre D Agneau Roti A La Fleur De Thyme
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Trim lamb, leaving about 1/4 inch fat, and score fat in crisscross pattern.
3. Wrap exposed bone ends with aluminum foil. Season both sides with salt and pepper; rub in half of thyme.
4. In a large... - 46.0515
Lamb In Thyme
1) Preheat browning dish on power for 6 minutes.
2) Season lamb with thyme, salt, and pepper.
3) Pour oil and saute the lamb with vegetables.
4) Cover and cook for 3 minutes on power.
5) Remove the meat and let it stand for sometime.
6)Pour water in... - 43.307
Carrots And Pearl Onions
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
Add onions; boil for 3 minutes.
Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
In same pan, cook onions in butter and 3/4 teaspoon sugar over medium heat until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Add the carrots, bacon, broth,... - 39.7631
Cut carrots into 2-inch sticks or julienne-style; place in top of double boiler.
Add onion, butter, thyme, and 1 tablespoon water; cover.
Cook over boiling water 30 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Season with salt and pepper.
Turn into serving dish; sprinkle... - 27.687
Estouffade Of Carrots And Onions
Estouffade Of Carrots And Onions is a sumptuous dish that you simply shouldnâ€™t miss! I often make this for weekend luncheons. It is so tasty you might actually forget to have the other dishes. Try this simple and easy recipe for Estouffade Of Carrots... - 45.6307
Manhattan Clam Chowder With Thyme
Put onions, potatoes, and clams through the coarse blade of your food chopper, measuring 2 c of each after grinding.
Then simmer the onions in the fat in a deep kettle or Dutch oven for 5 min.
Add the potatoes, carrots, and the clam broth, to which enough... - 38.1117
New England Clam Chowder With Thyme
Place bacon in a deep, 2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole.
Heat, covered with a paper towel, on full power for 3 to 4 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Remove cooked bacon with a slotted spoon.
Crumble bacon and set aside.
Reserve drippings in... - 42.1604
Chicken Soup With Lemon Zest Thyme And Potatoes
1. Heat a large stockpot over medium-low heat and add the butter or oil. When the butter is melted or the oil is hot, add the onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add the stock, bay leaf, lemon zest, and... - 35.3318
Pasta With Mushrooms, Fennel, And Thyme
1. In a small bowl, start soaking the morels in the hot water, cover it, for about 30 minutes, when the morels have soaked completely then drain and make sure to reserve the mushroom liquor, then strain the liquor through a fine sieve
2. Take the... - 47.0657
Thyme Roasted Clay Pot Chicken And Spring Vegetables
1. Soak a 2-quart clay roaster and its lid in cold water to cover 15 minutes. Meanwhile, season chicken generously with salt and pepper. Fill chicken cavity with thyme and parsley sprigs and 2 pieces of garlic. Place chicken in pot, breast side up. Tuck... - 30.3525
Beef Barley Soup With Thyme
1. Season the beef shanks with the salt and pepper, then coat with the flour, shaking off any excess. In a 6-quart Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the beef shanks and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until... - 35.7952
Braised Lamb Shank With Goat Cheese Polenta And Thyme Jus
In Bistro Cooking, join Lauren and Chef Olivier from ICI Urban Bistro to make this classic bistro dish, Braised Lamb Shank with Vermont Goat Cheese Polenta and Thyme Jus. This lamb dish is perfect for the winter months and goes perfectly paired with First... - 122.348
Roasted Salmon With Caramelized Onions And Carrots
1. Arrange the oven rack in the middle of the oven; preheat the oven to 450°F.Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and thyme and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions... - 33.034
Curried Carrot & Onion Soup
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium-high heat, combine oil, carrots, onions, ginger, chili.
Cover and stir often until vegetables begin to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Add curry, mustard seed, coriander, cumin, cardamom, thyme, and rice; mix well.
Add broth and... - 32.9796
Penne With Carrots Onions And White Wine
1. Peel and cut the carrots into julienne pieces, 1/4 inch thick by 2 inches long. Peel and cut the onions into 1/2-inch wedges. There should be approximately 3 cups of carrots and 2 of onions.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the carrots with the water,... - 34.6178
Carrots And Onions With Raisins In Wine Sauce
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat.
When the foam subsides, add the carrots, onions and sultanas or raisins.
Cook them, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme and bay leaf to the pan.
Pour in the wine,... - 44.2135
Melt 3 tablespoons margarine in a large, heavy bottomed pan or Dutch oven over low heat.
Stir in carrot, onion, thyme, and pepper.
Cover and let cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add broth; simmer mixture and add rice.
Let cook until rice is... - 43.0232
In 2-quart baking dish (12 x 7), combine all ingredients except trout.
Cook, uncovered, 15 minutes; strain.
Bring back to a boil, about 2 minutes.
Add trout; Cook, covered with wax paper or plastic wrap, 6 minutes, 30 seconds or until fish flakes easily. - 32.0328
Split Pea Soup With Carrots
Place water, split peas, carrots, celery, onion, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a large soup pot.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until peas are tender.
Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree.
Return to pot and warm... - 43.9923
Herrings In Soubise Sauce
Put the onions and carrot into a bowl with the bayleaf, thyme and white wine.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
Clean the herrings and rinse under plenty of cold running water.
Pat dry on kitchen paper.
Set aside the roes.
Make 2 or 3 deep incisions... - 44.4738
Prepare Stuffing and chill.
Stuff trout and sew cavities closed.
Generously butter the bottom of an aluminum foil pan large enough to hold the fish side by side.
Spread the carrot and onion in the pan; sprinkle with thyme.
Place the pan on the grill.
Lay the... - 42.1233
Blanquette De Poulet
1. Remove skin and bones from chicken breasts. Cut breasts into bite-sized pieces.
2. In 3- to 4-quart casserole or bowl, toss chicken with 1 tablespoon salad oil; cover with casserole lid or large plate. Cook at high (100% power) 5 to 6 minutes, stirring... - 32.4373
Carrot Red Potato Soup
Combine the carrots, potato, onion, salt, thyme, dillweed, and water in a saucepan.
Press in the garlic and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, uncovered.
Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender.
Transfer to a... - 41.6361
Ground Pork Par Men Tier
– In a skillet, heat oil and saute pork and onions. Put them in a stove-top casserole, add carrots, celery, thyme, and water and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes over medium heat, then season with salt and pepper.
– Add potatoes and beef stock, and... - 32.2314
Split Pea Soup
Split Pea Soup is another tasty soup that you can add to your favorite soup's list. I enjoy all the ingredients in this Spilt Pea Soup. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! - 39.0202
Carrots And Sprouts
In medium saucepan, bring water, sugar, salt, thyme and onion to a boil.
Add Brussels sprouts and carrot slices; simmer, covered, 5 to 8 minutes until tender.
Drain; serve hot. - 31.2809
Mirepoix has an Implausible taste. The carrot and bay leaf gives the Mirepoix Luscious taste. - 27.3797
Quick Carrot Soup
Heat oil and in it lightly saute onions.
Blend flours, milk powder, salt, yeast and bay leaf in milk.
Stir into onions.
Add carrots, thyme and cumin gently for 10 minutes. - 34.2526
Carrot Orange Soup
A very easy to prepare carrot orange soup is a seasonal recipe. The vibrant colour of the soup brings in the mood of the season. Serving with dollops of sour cream and parsley gives the carrot orange soup a heavenly touch. I have already tried it for my... - 40.6003
Shredded Carrots With Herbs And Lemon
1. Peel the carrots, then shred them using the second coarsest side of a four-sided grater.
2. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet, and add the shredded carrots, onion, and garlic. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle... - 33.5604
Cooked Cucumber And Carrot Salad
Place cucumbers, carrots, onion, garlic and bouquet garni in a pan.
Combine oil, lemon juice, wine, salt, pepper and coriander in a glass jar, cover and shake vigorously to mix, then pour over the vegetables.
Cover pan and cook gently for 25-30 minutes.
Cool,... - 40.5528
Marinated Carrot Strings
1) Attach a metal blade to the work bowl of a food processor and chop green onions into 2-inch length, pulsing on/off until just minced and keep aside.
2) Attach shredding disc and then shred carrots after cutting them to fit feed tube... - 39.7081
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a 12 inch square heavy foil, place carrots.
3. In a bowl, mix rest of the ingredients and pour over carrots.
4. Fold over the foil to seal carrots.
5. Place the pan in the oven and bake... - 42.2072
Cook carrots, onion and seasonings in butter, covered, until vegetables start to soften.
Add brown rice and stir to coat, browning lightly.
Add milk, bay leaf and 1 cup of the stock.
Cover, bring to gentle boil, lower heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring... - 43.419
Curried Carrot Soup
In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil.
Stir in the broth, carrots, curry, thyme and bay leaf.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Discard the bay leaf.
Transfer half of the soup to a... - 44.5201
Soups Creamy Carrot Soup
1) In a saucepan heat oil, cook onion and the garlic moderately over low heat for 5 minutes till onions are softened.
2) Stir in broth, carrots, parsnips, and thyme. Boil the mixture and simmer for 30 minutes till vegetables are cooked.
3) Pour mixture... - 46.0317
Carrots Lyonnaise has a tangy taste. The cabbage and pepper gives the Carrots Lyonnaise a sizzling taste. Carrots Lyonnaise is inspired by restaurants internationally. Must try it. - 23.8261
Potato And Carrot Soup
In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leeks, onion and thyme for about 5 minutes or until leeks and onion are softened. Stir in potatoes and carrots; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in stock; cover and simmer until vegetables are very tender, about 30... - 32.6323
Vegetable Abc'S is packed with the goodness of asparagus, broccoli, carrot spinach and condensed cream of mushroom soup. Flavored with thyme the Vegetable Abc€™S recipe is mixed vegetable recipe at its best. With great nutritional benefits Vegetable... - 40.1311
Turkey Legs With Beer
Wash the celery, remove the leaves and set aside.
Chop the stalks.
Put the bacon, carrot, onion and celery into a deep casserole and add 3 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) of water.
Cover and microwave on HIGH for 6 minutes.
Pour the lager into the casserole and... - 46.1051
Beef And Vegetable Stew
In 3-quart casserole, place bacon and onion.
Micrcfwave at HIGH (10) 7 to 9 minutes; stir after 3 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups water, onion soup mix, thyme, salt, oregano and pepper.
Add meat; stir well.
Microwave at MEDIUM HIGH (7) 30 minutes; stir... - 44.9601
Puree Of Carrot And Rice Soup
Cook carrot, celery, onion flakes and chicken bouillon in covered saucepan for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
Puree in blender, add salt, pepper and thyme, and serve immediately over 1/2 cup rice in each of two soup bowls. - 28.2998
Lean Bacon Carrot Soup
Carrot Soup is simply irresistible. Try this amazingly delicious Carrot Soup; I am sure you will always tempt to prepare this for every party! - 47.903
Carrot Pea Cream Soup
Blend the soups and gradually add the milk and cream, stirring until well blended.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. - 28.3388
Beef Shank And Onion Soup
Combine in a deep pan the beef shank, water, onions, carrot, parsley, allspice, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, basil, bay leaf, whole black peppers, and salt.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer about 3 hours, or until meat is tender when pierced.
Strain stock and... - 38.7889
Pheasant With Mushrooms And Onions
Cut the pheasant into 4 serving portions with poultry shears or the butcher will do this for you.
Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan.
Add the onions and carrots and cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes.
Add herbs, stir well and transfer to a... - 47.2287
Broccoli Carrot Soup With Cheddar
If you are in a mood to have something healthy, comforting as well as delicious, you might try this soup. The blend of broccoli, carrot and cheddar offers a thick and creamy effect, which is quite filling too. Watch the video and apply the instruction to... - 111.713
Sole With Vegetable Rice Stuffing
1. In 1-quart microwavable casserole combine celery, onion, carrot, and 2 teaspoons margarine; microwave on High (100%) for 2 minutes until celery is soft, stirring once halfway through cooking.
2. In small mixing bowl combine half of the vegetable mixture,... - 43.4605
Roasted Carrot And Herb Spread
1. Preheat the oven to 3500F
2. Prepare a 15 x 10 x 1 -inch pan by spraying it with cooking spray
3. In the same pan, spread out the carrots, sweet potato, and onion
4. Drizzle with the oil
5. Sprinkle the vegetables with garlic, thyme,... - 43.2539
Elegant Irish Colcannon
1. Take a saucepan and add potatoes, carrots, basil or thyme, onion and a tbsp of butter into it.
2. Pour enough milk or water to cover the bottom of the saucepan up to an inch.
3. Cover the saucepan and cook at low heat for about 10 - 15 minutes... - 42.2696
Cream Of Carrot Soup
Melt butter in large saucepan.
Add onion and garlic.
Saute until clear and soft.
Add remaining ingredients using smaller amount of thyme.
Bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
Discard bay leaf.
Add more thyme if desired. - 39.4649
Saute shallots in butter a few minutes over low heat, until soft and just turning golden.
Add carrots, honey, thyme, salt and pepper.
Stir over medium heat to coat carrots evenly .
Cover and cook 3 minutes. - 30.9737
Savory Carrot Soup
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add margarine, and place over medium-high heat until margarine melts.
Add onion and carrot; saute until crisp-tender.
Add potato and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until... - 42.252
1. Heat 1/4 cup water, broth, or wine in a large, heavy soup pot. Add onion. Cook and stir over medium heat until onion is tender. Add more liquid during this process if necessary.
2. Add carrots, turnips, potato, and broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat.
3.... - 42.8325
Cook scraped carrots in a covered pan in a small amount of boiling salted water with a pinch of sugar, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain, if necessary, and chop finely.
In small heavy saucepan, cook onions in melted butter until soft but not brown.
Blend... - 45.3059
Creamed Carrot Soup
Melt the butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
Add the onions.
Cook gently over low heat, covered, 1 minute.
Add the carrots.
Stir to coat the vegetables.
Cover and continue cooking over low heat 15 minutes.
Stir in the flour.
Cook 2-3 minutes without... - 46.8083
Simple Cream Of Carrot Soup
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the onions for about 5 minutes till they turn soft and transluscent.
2) Mix in the stock, carrots, potatoes and thyme.
3) Turn down the flame and cook the mixture on simmer for about 25 minutes.
4) Pour the... - 41.2069
Creamy Carrot Soup
Wash and scrape carrots and cut in thin rounds.
Peel potatoes and cut in 1/2-inch cubes.
Put vegetables in large saucepan and add boiling water, bouillon cubes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and paprika.
Bring to a boil, turn down heat, cover and simmer... - 44.731
Herbed Carrots And Grapes
Melt margarine in medium skillet.
Add carrots, onion and sherry.
Cover; cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
Cover; let stand 1 to 2 minutes until... - 31.1038
Imperial Carrot Soup
1) In a slow cooker, put the chicken parts along with the water, onion, chicken bouillon granules or cubes, bay leaf, thyme, salt, pepper and cloves.
2) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
3) Before it is time to serve, remove and... - 45.3059
In covered saucepan cook carrots in water with bouillon granules, sugar, and mint for about 25 minutes or till very tender.
Meanwhile, cook onion in butter or margarine till tender but not brown.
Stir in flour.
Add milk all at once; cook and stir till... - 44.5111
Creamy Carrot Soup
1. In large saucepan bring to boil thinly sliced carrots, potato cubes, chicken stock or boiling water, chicken cubes, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and paprika and simmer till vegetables are tender crisp.
2. In another saucepan, melt butter, add... - 41.3316
Creamy Caramelized Onion Apple And Fennel Soup
1) In a saute pan, caramelize the onions until golden inn olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter.
2) Add the shallots,garlic and leeks. Saute it all together and add to the stock pot.
3) Then in the same saute pan add your fennel and apples. Cook for 5... - 107.493
Mushroom & Onion Stuffed Breast Of Veal
Season veal with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter.
Add onion; saute" until tender.
Add mushrooms; saute" until tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in ground veal; saute" 3 minutes, stirring often.
Remove from heat; stir in... - 46.831
Duck In Orange Aspic With Orange And Onion Salad
Duck In Orange Aspic With Orange And Onion Salad is an irresistible side dish recipe that you will surely love to try. A recipe prepared with duck and oranges; I am sure you will enjoy this Duck In Orange Aspic With Orange And Onion Salad!. - 47.1055
Boiled Beef And Carrots
Into large pot put beef, large onion, peppercorns, bay leaf, parsley stems, sprig of thyme, enough water to cover meat, and a little salt.
Slowly bring to boil, remove any scum that rises to surface.
Put lid on pot; simmer 1 hour.
Peel and quarter carrots and... - 43.0002
Savory Matchstick Carrots
Savory Matchstick Carrots ! Match sticks ignite fire and these carrots are going to ignite your passion for good food ! That's the connection ! Just try these julienned carrot and turnip dish with irresistible (No Suggestions) opinion about these Savory... - 40.332
Heat butter in a saucepan.
Add carrots and remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook over medium heat about 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender; stir occasionally. - 26.6177
Cold Orange Carrot Soup
1. In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and carrots, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
2. Stir in stock, juice, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper and bring to boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat to... - 44.728
Lentil Carrot Salad
In saucepan, combine lentils, carrots, garlic, bay leaf and thyme; add enough water to cover by at least 1 inch (2.5 cm). Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy. Drain; discard bay... - 32.6989
Turkey Carrot Puffs
In a medium saucepan combine milk, onion, cornstarch, bouillon granules, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
Add Swiss cheese, stirring to melt.
Stir carrots and chopped turkey into saucepan.
Spoon turkey mixture into four... - 45.7651
Chicken Stew With Carrot Dumplings
Put chicken, onion, celery, seasonings and water to cover in a large kettle or Dutch oven.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
With slotted spoon remove chicken.
Cool enough to remove bones from... - 37.4898
Carrot Soy Loaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients.
Pack into a buttered 9x5x3-inch loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until firm and nicely browned. - 32.2749
Carrot And Coriander Pilaf Salad
1) Rinse and pat dry carrots. Cut them coarsely and keep aside.
2) Wash and pat dry 4 large romaine leaves and put them in a plastic bag. Place in the refrigerator, till required. Reserve the remaining leaves.
3) Take a heavy gauge... - 45.6865
Carrot Leek Bisque
GETTING READY 1) Arrange all the ingredients and the utensils to be used. MAKING 2) In a kettle, boil the water. 3) To the kettle,... - 35.9925
Wild Rice Rosti With Carrot Puree
1. For the puree, place the carrots in a saucepan, cover with cold water and add two pieces of orange rind. Bring to the boil and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well and discard the rind.
2. Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender... - 41.8809
Flounder Rolls With Lemon Carrot Filling
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Spray a 12X8X2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3) Over medium heat, place a skillet coated with cooking spray. Once hot, add in the carrots and green onions. Saute them till they become crisp.
4) Take the... - 47.1154
Carrot Topped Baked Fish
Heat oven to 450°F.
Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick vegetable cooking spray.
Arrange fillets, slightly overlapping, in prepared dish.
In medium mixing bowl, combine carrots, melted margarine, juice, thyme and salt.
Spread mixture... - 44.4681
Beans And Carrots In Butter Herb
It could be the easiest veggie recipe on earth, but it is real tasty and attractive in look too. Blanched beans and carrots are spiced up with fresh herbs, which adds the special flavor to this dish. Follow the secret tips shared by the chef in this video. - 80.1574
Baked Beef Stew With Carrots
Trim fat from meat and discard.
Cut meat into 1-inch pieces and mix with onions in a shallow 3 to 3 1/2-quart casserole.
Bake in a 450° oven, uncovered,until meat and onions brown well, about 1 hour; stir occasionally.
Meanwhile, bring broth to a boil on... - 39.9555
French Fish Stew With Carrots And Potatoes
1. Melt the butter in a 3-quart saucepan over moderate heat. Add the onions, potatoes, and carrots, and cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the chicken broth, wine, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil—about 3 minutes. Cover and simmer for... - 31.9581
Chicken Poached With Fennel Turnips And Carrots
1 Place the chicken legs and thighs, the onion, celery, and fennel in a 5 quart Dutch oven.
Sprinkle with the thyme, salt, and pepper.
Add the bay leaf and stockand, if necessary, enough water to just cover the chicken.
Bring the liquid to a boil over high... - 42.7042
Peas, Pearls & Carrots Medley
Peas, Pearls & Carrots Medley was really well worth my effort. I got an idea of this Peas, Pearls & Carrots Medley recipe from my friend who served it to me when I was over at her place. I made her dictate the recipe immediately! - 36.8503
Sauerbraten With Carrots
Salt and pepper meat, then place in a marinade of the vinegar, port, sliced vegetables, and seasonings.
Let stand in refrigerator 4 or 5 days, turning twice a day.
Remove roast from marinade, drain well, then brown on both sides in butter; add marinade, and... - 35.6773
Spring Onion And Herb Soup
1. Remove the bulbs from the onion tops and chop very finely. Saute in the butter and add the chopped carrot and celery. Continue to cook until the vegetables soften but do not allow to brown.
2. Add the stock, the chopped herbs and the coarsely chopped... - 32.669
Stewy French Onion Soup
In a large soup pot over low heat melt margarine.
Add onions and carrots.
Cook over very low heat for 20 minutes.
Add brown sugar.
Cook until onions are brown, stirring constantly.
Add flour and paprika; stir until onions are coated.
Add broth, thyme,... - 44.3474
Lamb Shanks In Caper Sauce
Have butcher crack and trim fat from lamb shanks.
Put in pot and cover with cold water, bring to boil and skim.
Add a few celery leaves, carrot, onion, parsley, bay leaf, a sprinkle of thyme, salt and freshly ground peppercorns.
Bring to boil, lower heat, and... - 34.4928
Onion Soup With Croutons
In a large pot, combine the water, broth, carrots, celery, parsley root, leek, green pepper, tomato, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, and salt.
Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes.
Strain, discarding the... - 48.5854
Blanquette De Veau With Mushrooms & Onions
Cut veal into cubes about 1 1/4 inches square.
Put into pan with enough cold water to cover and a little salt.
Bring slowly to boil; cook 5 minutes.
Skim scum from surface; drain meat.
Wash well with cold water; dry.
Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
Cook veal cubes... - 40.1961
Life Rafts On The Sea Of Green
1) In a skillet, add oil to heat.
2) Add onions to sauté.
3) Add herbs and split peas to sauté for another minute.
4) Pour in water and add carrot and artichoke.
5) Bring the mixture to a boil.
6) Reduce heat and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours until... - 46.9771
Onion And Nut Pie
Place the carrots in a large saucepan with a little water and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain off the water and add the onions to the pan.
Cover and cook over gentle heat for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent them from sticking or browning.
Add the mushrooms and... - 46.173
Brisket With Cabbage And Onions
1. Combine 1 teaspoon of the salt, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, thyme, oregano, garlic, and oil in a small bowl and mix well. Rub on brisket.
2. Put cabbage, onion, and carrot in 4 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker. Season with remaining teaspoon salt... - 36.3868
Rich Brown Sauce
1) In a skillet, put all ingredients except bouillon, salt and pepper.
2) Slowly sauté for 10 minutes till browned.
3) Pour in bouillon and allow it to come to boil.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste and boil for 2 minutes and strain.
5) Use as... - 37.7426