- » Caribbean Snack
Caribbean Snack Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean snack recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean snack recipes.
Grilled Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers
This recipe of Caribbean-style grilled shrimp and pineapple is an absolute treat for a mild summer evening. Plan ahead to call up your friends and enjoy a weekend afternoon with these delicious snacks. But before that, watch the video to learn the tricks of... - 128.995
Veggie Summer Rolls
Looking for a nice and tasty snack, then look no further. The Chef shows how to make summer rolls with rice paper wrap using vegetables and tofu. This is an amazing veggie snack. You can serve the rolls with any dipping sauce. So don't forget to check out the... - 104.398
Fried Fish In Red Sauce
You have planned a tea party and have cakes cookies and biscuits for the guests, add some fried fish in red sauce to the menu to impress the guests. Watch this video and learn making fried fish in red sauce. It is a simple and easy recipe quickly made. - 103.432
Unbaked Orange Crush Cookie
Cooking in the oven during summers would heat up your house so Chef Tawnya shows us an unbaked Orange crush cookie recipe. This is her mother's recipe and she shares her interesting childhood memories about these delicious cookie. They are super simple to... - 103.241
Potato Wrapped Fried Boiled Eggs With Cucumber Chutney
This is a very interesting recipe for all those people who like eggs in different forms. The chef in this video is making the dish with boiled eggs and potatoes. This is a fried dish perfect for snacking. Watch the video for the recipe. - 89.6046
Healthy Baked Plantain Chips With Garlic Sauce
Ditch the greasy French fries and beer-battered onion rings! It's time to go healthy with snacks like baked plaintain chips served with zesty garlic sauce. Juan Montalvo shows you how to bake yummy plaintain chips as home that technically speaking, delivers... - 86.3433
Healthy Baked Malanga Chips
If you love to throw cocktail parties at home, then you will always need bite-size appetizers to appease your guests. And what better than crispy, baked malanga chips to tot up as yummy munchies. A good deal of health and whole lot of taste, this lighter... - 77.5988
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Grease a 9-inch round nonstick cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Dust the greased pan by sprinkling 2 teaspoons flour; tilting pan to coat all sides with flour.
4. Turn over the pan to remove excess... - 50.685
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl, mix molasses with eggs, oil, and hot water and blend well.
4. Gradually beat in flour mixture until the eggs mixture... - 49.2833
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush a 9 x 4 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan lightly with butter. Line the bottom with a parchment or waxed paper and butter the paper. Lightly dust the pan with flour, shake out the excess flour.
3) In a... - 47.8444
Oatmeal Molasses Cookies
Cream margarine; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended.
Add molasses, egg, and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring mixture well.
Gradually add flour mixture to... - 47.6893
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and margarine thoroughly.
3) Add the egg and beat properly.
4) Add the orange rind and juice.
5) Add the milk to the mixture, alternately with the flour, baking... - 47.3804
Banana Bread Cake
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil and dust it with a little flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift flour with salt, baking powder and soda. Keep... - 47.0848
Whole Wheat Banana Cake
Peel and mash bananas with a fork till well blended.
Sieve flours, baking powder and soda bicarb together.
Beat eggs, sugar and oil till creamy in a large mixing bowl.
Mix coloured peels with mashed bananas and mix with flour.
Add flour to egg mixture and... - 46.8211
1. To prepare the beans thoroughly mash them in liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. In a bowl beat together oil, honey, vanilla and egg and then beat well adding beans.
4. In another bowl mix together dry ingredients and combine 1/2... - 46.6948
Coconut Banana Bread
In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix well.
Add eggs and extracts; beat on high speed until thickened.
Stir in bananas.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture.
Fold in the chocolate, coconut and pecans.
Transfer to... - 46.4649
1. In a skillet, add 2 tablespoons butter and cook over medium flame until it melts.
2. Add garlic and onion and saute until transparent.
3. Further, add coconut and saute until light brown.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and allow it to cool.
5. In a... - 46.3381
Creole Meat Pies
Combine ground beef, salt and pepper to taste, red pepper, onion, garlic, green onion and parsley with 1 teaspoon water.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, until beef is lightly browned and onion is tender.
Sift flour, soda and baking powder together; cut in... - 45.5041
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. In a bowl mash beans, add egg and margarine and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and beat thoroughly.
4. Mix well adding apples, raisins, nuts and vanilla.
5. Grease well and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
6.... - 45.4722
Tropical Sour Cream Pie
1) Combine milk, pineapple, sugar, and pudding mixture in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it begins to boil.
2) Remove from heat and add a small amount of the hot milk mixture to sour cream and make a smooth paste.
3) Pour the sour cream... - 45.127
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F/200Â°C.
2) In a deep patty tin, place 10 paper muffin cases.
3) Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, adding any bran that remains in the sifter.
4) Add apricots and sugar.
5) .Make a well... - 45.0409
Caribbean Tuna Burgers
Am incredible burger that will transport you to the sunny Caribbean with the fresh tuna flavor paired with jerked pineapple and curry mayo - 44.7639
Brown Sugar Peanut Brittle
In heavy 3-quart saucepan combine sugars, corn syrup, water, and dash salt.
Cook and stir till sugars dissolve.
When syrup boils, blend in butter.
Stir frequently after mixture reaches thread stage and candy thermometer registers 230°.
Add peanuts when... - 44.2064
Chewy Molasses Cookies
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor bowl fitted with a knife blade, add the molasses, sugar, egg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, oil and ginge, then process for about 15 seconds.
3) Then add the flour and pulse for about... - 44.0714
Buttery Hush Puppies
Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
Combine egg, buttermilk, onion, and water; stir into cornmeal mixture just till moistened.
In a skillet that is at least 3 inches deep, pour in oil to depth of 1 1/2 inches.
Heat oil to... - 43.7856
Banana Coconut Bread
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Into a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Put eggs, butter, lemon extract, sour cream, and sugar in blender and mix.
Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, stirring thoroughly.
Fold in nuts, bananas,... - 43.488
Sage Honey Sour Cream Pie
Bake and cool piecrust shell.
Mix 1/3 cup honey with flour and cinnamon.
Stir mixture into egg yolks.
Beat in sour cream and chopped dates.
Cook mixture over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick.
Cool and pour mixture into baked pie... - 42.9491
1. Make sandwich spread by blending mayonnaise or salad dressing and curry powder.
2. Refrigerate until required.
3. In a medium bowl, combine tuna and oil-and-vinegar dressing and toss well to coat.
4. In a small bowl, combine carrots,... - 42.4228
Rum Pound Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C before baking.
2) Beat egg whites till they reach a soft peak stage and slowly mix in 1 cup (250 ml) sugar to form a stiff meringue.
3) Mix butter with the remaining sugar, creaming well.
4) Beat in one... - 42.4114
Ice Cream Bars
Mix crushed cookies and melted butter, pat into bottom of 13x9-inch pan.
Chill crust for about 1 hour.
Spread with softened ice cream and sprinkle with peanuts.
Freeze until firm.
Cover with topping.
Boil all topping ingredients together for 8 minutes,... - 41.3161
Tuna Cucumber Canapes
1. Take tuna fish and drain them. Flake them and combine with salt, red pepper, mayonnaise, horseradish, onion and mustard.
2. Score and peel the cucumber with tines of fork and thinly slice them.
3. For making each canapé, position the cucumber slice... - 41.0935
1 Hollow out the bottom of each roll slightly with a fork. (Set pieces aside to make a crumb topping for a casserole.)
2 In a cup,mix mayonnaise or salad dressing and curry powder;spread on the rolls.
3 Spoon carrots, onions and peanuts, alternately,... - 41.0196
Doña Rossana Cooks Embueltos De Coco
With a wine opener, open one of the three holes of the coconut to take the water out (you can drink the water; it's sweet and refreshing).
Preheat the oven at 375, place the coconut on a cookie sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Take it out, the coconut shell... - 40.9833
Combine sugar and corn syrup in a glass bowl.
Cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 minutes (3 is for soft, 4 is for hard).
Add butter and vanilla, stirring well.
Cook on HIGH for 1 minute more.
Add baking soda and stir gently until... - 40.6428
1) In a mixing bowl, combine lamb, green pepper, soy sauce, lemon rind, and ginger.
2) Make about 12 patties little bigger than pineapple slices.
3) Place a pineapple slice on each patty and 1 tablespoon yogurt in the centre.
4) Put another patty on... - 40.4176
Orange Marmalade Cake
Cream butter; add sugar gradually; beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly; then add marmalade.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and grated rind.
Beat until smooth.
Bake in well-greased paper-lined pan... - 40.2622
Passion Fruit Biscuits
In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
Sift in the two flours then with your hands mix to a firm dough.
Cut the fruit in half and scoop out the pulp with a teaspoon.
Stir in the passion fruit pulp and transfer onto... - 40.034
Tuna And Mint Sandwich
1. Drain the tuna and mash with a fork.
2. Put in the lemon juice or vinegar, the mint, and salt and pepper to taste, and blend together well.
3. Let it chill in the refrigerator, for up to 1 hour if possible.
4. Coat the bread generously... - 39.941
Floribbean Pound Cake
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons... - 38.6222
Simple Coconut Chews
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the vanilla and salt with milk, blending properly.
3) Add the coconut to it and mix well.
4) Take a cookie sheet and butter it.
5) Place the... - 38.5752
1) Into a bowl, sieve together the flour and salt.
2) Cream the butter till it is soft and then add 4 ounces of sugar. Beat till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the flour and blend it. Work till the mixture is smooth.
3) Into two equal pieces,... - 38.4193
Spiced Date And Walnut Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4. Grease and line a 2 lb (900 g) loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift together the flour and spice, adding back any bran from the sieve. Stir in the dates and walnuts.
3. Mix the oil, sugar and milk, then stir... - 38.3092
Salty Parmesan Cubes
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Combine the flour, salt, cayenne and grated Parmesan cheese, then gently cut in the butter.
3) Knead the mixture to smoothen, then roll out the dough on a floured board to 1/2-inch thickness.
4) Cut... - 37.3261
Date Crunch Layer
1. Heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and thoroughly grease a 20 cm/8 inch sandwich tin.
2. Put the chopped dates in a saucepan with the water and cinnamon. Cook gently for about 5 minutes, or until the dates are soft and will spread. Remove from heat.
3. Put... - 36.8841
Sweet Sour Tuna Snack
1. Preheat the broiler by setting it to desired heat.
2. Toast a single side of the bread.
3. Spread butter lightly over the untoasted side.
4. Take a bowl and add the flake the tuna in it after draining it.
5. Add mayonnaise to it in... - 36.373
Dried Fruit Tea Bread
1. Soak the dried fruits in the tea for several hours or overnight. Drain and reserve the liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C/ Gas 4. Grease a 7 in (18 cm) round cake tin and line the base with nonstick baking paper.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl... - 35.644
Home Style Potato Patties
1. Coarsely shred potatoes into large mixing bowl.
2. Preheat microwave browning grill for 5 minutes on HIGH.
3. Add cheese, egg, onion, salt and pepper to potatoes; mix well.
4. Coat surface of preheated grill with vegetable non-stick coating or grease... - 34.3747
Parmesan Beef Patties
1. Preheat microwave browning grill for 8 minutes on HIGH.
2. Combine all ingredients; mix well. Shape into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick. Place on preheated grill.
3. Microwave for 4 minutes on HIGH. Turn patties over and continue cooking for 3 to 4... - 34.1917
Prune And Peel Rock Buns
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/ 200°C/Gas 6. Lightly oil a large baking sheet. Sift together the flour and baking powder, then stir in the sugar, prunes, peel and lemon rind.
2. Mix the oil and milk, then stir into the mixture, to make a dough which just... - 33.549
1) Into a bowl, add in the peanuts, cashews, mixed fruits, seeds and the coconut
2) Store into airtight containers
3) Serve as a snack - 33.2811
Coconut Rum Balls
Combine crumbs, coconut and nuts in bowl.
Stir in condensed milk and rum, mixing well.
Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in confectioners sugar to coat.
Cover and store in refrigerator.
Roll again in sugar just before serving - 33.0995
Mango Rum Pepper Salsa
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl with a cover & stir well. Refrigerate for several hours to let flavors blend. Will keep covered for 3-4 days.
If you like this recipe and want to see more just like it, or to purchase a bottle of Tortuga Rum or their... - 30.4499
Mix the ground beef and salt well, then press into thin patties which can be packed in jars without breaking.
Place the patties on a greased shallow baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until any red color has disappeared.
Pack the hot... - 29.5145
Haitian Black Beans
1. In shallow 1-quart microwavable casserole combine onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili pepper, and oil and stir to coat. Microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute, until onion is softened.
2. Using a fork, mash 2 ounces beans. Add mashed and whole beans, 1/3 cup... - 25.5085
Serve this delicious salsa with some tortilla chips as a snack, or as a side dish for a White Fish Stir-fry - 24.1261