- » Caribbean Side Dish
Caribbean Side Dish Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean side dish recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean side dish recipes.
Dungeness Crab And Iceberg Salad
Fond of crabs? This video is a must watch for you. Chef Tse demonstrates a step by step procedure of preparing this yummy Dungeness Crab and Iceberg Salad in this video. That’s not all, chef also shares a great method to crack and clean the Dungeness Crabs.... - 148.802
How To Make Twice Baked Potatoes
It takes just a little extra effort to turn ordinary baked potatoes into extraordinary baked potatoes! This video prepares a twice baked spicy baked potato. Seasoned with aromatic spices and loaded with the goodness of cheese and bacon, these make a great... - 140.888
Most of us think plantains are bananas and do not even know that they can be cooked like a vegetable and served as a side. Here is a fantastic way to use plantains, (which are not the same as bananas but from the same family) by simply sautéing them in a pan... - 123.271
No-fuss Tomato Mango Salad
Robin shows a quick salad that she learnt in Caribbean, recently. The beauty of the dish is it uses only 4 ingredients and builds up into a superb tasty salad. Ideal for those summer days when you need something juicy & crunchy to spike you up. - 114.639
Jamaican Style Cod And Onions
If you are looking for a real crowd-pleasing breakfast recipe, your search ends here. This all-time Jamaican favorite breakfast recipe is not only palate-pleasing, but also packs in goodness of Omega-3 fatty acids, rendering this breakfast dish as an... - 107.073
Caribbean Black Beans
A super fast black bean dish that can be used as a main dish over rice or a side dish. - 106.568
Solar Cooked Jamaican Rice With Red Beans
1. Get the solar cooker ready and the outside temperature should be around 88 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
3. Place it in the sun in the bowl of the solar cooker and let it cook for 3 hours and... - 86.31
Southwest Bean Burgers With Lime Cream
To make the burgers: Place the peppers in a small bowl and cover with boiling water.
Let soak for 10 minutes, or until softened.
Drain, pat dry, and remove and discard the stems and seeds.
Chop the flesh.
Coat a large no-stick skillet with no-stick spray.
Add... - 49.0263
Caribbean Seafood Strudel With Mango Lime Sauce
1)Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2)For preparing seafood strudel, in a pan heat oil, sear each of these seafoods separately – shrimp, scallops, grouper, lobster tail. Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
3)Cool, drain and... - 48.8449
Country Corn Pudding
1. Start preheating the oven to 350Â° F temperature.
2. Take a 1-quart saucepan and melt margarine in it.
3. Add scallion in melted margarine and stir-fry it against medium high heat with frequent stirring method; continue the cooking... - 48.4514
Beef And Mushroom Pie
1. Preheat the oven by setting it to 425° F
2. Take a pie plate measuring 8 inches and line it with half of the pastry.
3. Take a sauté pan and heat the butter and corn oil in it.
4. Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until they... - 48.3274
Martinique Green Beans
1. In a large pan, bring water to boil.
2. Add the beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just crisp-tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Drain again and keep aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Stir in... - 48.327
Calypso Beans And Rice
1. In a large heavy pot, fry bacon over low heat for about 8 minutes until the fat is released.
2. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables wilt.
4. Add rice and cook with... - 47.4796
Carpaccio Of Tuna With Balsamic Shallot Dressing
1)Dressing is best prepared 1 hour before serving. To prepare dressing, mix together, shallot, vinegar and oil.
2)To prepare tuna, wrap tuna with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour until firm.
3)Using a kitchen slicing machine or a sharp... - 47.3423
1) In hot water dissolve bouillon cubes.
2) Mix flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
3) Rub the chicken on the flour mixture.
4) Heat the oil in a large casserole and place the chicken with skin side down.
5) Dust flour mixture over chicken. Add celery,... - 47.2527
Potato Topped Meat Loaf
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, combine ground chuck, pork, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, egg, milk.
Spread evenly in 10" by 6" by 2" baking dish.
Bake 40 minutes.
Drain off excess fat.
Meanwhile, make up one half package of whipped potatoes as label... - 47.2296
Toasted Corn Pudding
In a wide nonstick frying pan, toast corn ears over medium heat, turning as needed, until about a third of the kernels on each ear are tinged with brown (about 15 minutes).
Remove from pan; let stand until cool enough to handle.
Cut kernels from ears and... - 46.9153
1) Cook the frozen peas and drain well.
2) Drain the tuna and break into flakes.
3) In a bowl, add the peas, tuna, onion and pimiento, toss well to mix.
4) In a bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water, stir in the sugar, salt, pepper and... - 46.736
Iamb With Green Olives
Cut the meat into generous bite-sized pieces.
Heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole and brown the meat on all sides.
Work in batches in order that the pan temperature doesn't drop too low otherwise you will be stewing the meat... - 46.6873
Poulet A La Battleyani
1) In a saucepan, heat small amount of butter till it is light brown.
2) Add the green pepper and chicken. Cook over low flame till the chicken has browned lightly.
3) In another saucepan, pour the cream. Cook over low flame till it is thoroughly... - 46.6785
1. Wash and clean the duck. Cut into large pieces.
2. Grind into a paste ingredients 2 to 11.
3. Add vinegar and salt. Apply this paste on the duck pieces.
4. Add 2 cups hot water and cook the duck, covering the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
5. When the duck... - 46.4947
Black Beans With Two Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and drain beans.
3. Grease a 1-½ quart dish with butter.
4. Arrange potato slice the baking dish, beginning with purple ones around the outside, then using orange ones for the next row, and ending... - 46.3521
Budini Di Pomodoro
Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
Place 1kg cherry tomatoes in a roasting tin, tuck in the garlic and herbs, and season.
Roast for 25-30 minutes until they start to brown at the edges and burst.
Remove the garlic and herbs, and put the tomatoes and any juice... - 46.248
Sofrito Wax Beans
(1) Place a large skillet over a medium flame.
(2) When hot, add bacon and fry for 2-3 minutes
(3) Add lard and allow to melt.
(4) Tip in the onion, garlic, green and red peppers and saute in the fat for 7-8 minutes until onion is soft and lightly... - 46.0005
Aycock Tuna Steaks
1. Prepare a marinade using vermouth, lemon juice, oil, cilantro, pepper and seasoned salt.
2. In a shallow dish, keep a plastic bag and place tuna or salmon steaks into it.
3. Pour the marinade over tuna or salmon and close bag.
4. Keep the... - 45.8857
1)In a large pot, add bay leaves, conch, black pepper, thyme, chili and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes continuously stirring.
2)Add in carrot, onion, bell pepper, celery, potato and cook for 5 minutes more.
3)Pour in the stock and rum.
4)Slowly bring to... - 45.8404
Stewed Potatoes With Beans
1) In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, add onion and garlic.
3) Over high heat, saute for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring in between, on until light brown.
4) To this, add the potatoes. Mix well.
5) Cook this mixture for 1 minute,... - 45.7797
Spanish Bean Pot
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large casserole dish, combine beans in their cooking liquid all ingredients except coffee and rum.
3. Cover casserole with its lid or with foil
4. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour
5. Remove... - 45.7672
Calypso Barbecue Sauce
Top off your favorite food bites with this scrumptious Calypso Barbecue Sauce. - 45.7088
Sea Fish Pie
Line an 8-inch pie plate with half the short crust pastry.
Flake the fish finely.
Melt the butter in a pan, add the cornflour and cook for a few minutes.
Remove from the heat, add the milk stirring all the time.
Return to the heat, stir until boiling and boil... - 45.706
1. In bowl, put together eggs with bread crumbs, relish, onion, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Add tuna and mix thoroughly.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts and shape into patties about 1 inch thick.
4. Raise shelf.
5.... - 44.9444
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease an 8-inch baking dish or casserole with butter.
3. Layer the yams alternately with lemon and orange slices.
4. To make the sauce, in a small saucepan, melt butter on a low flame.
5. Add sugar,... - 44.6213
Vegetable Carpaccio With Saffron Verde Dressing
To make the dressing, whizz the garlic, parsley, chilli and oil to a coarse pulp in a food processor.
Add the saffron and mustard.
Soak the breadcrumbs with the vinegars for 1 minute, then add to the oil.
Whizz again briefly.
Using a mandolin or sharp... - 44.6168
Four Bean Salad
1) In a large bowl, mix all the beans together.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped and add to the beans.
3) Add oil, vinegar, Vegex, salt, tarragon, lemon juice, honey and pepper, process to... - 44.5539
1. Melt butter. Stir in flour.
2. Add salt, pepper, mustard and sugar.
3. Stir in the milk and bring to boil stirring carefully.
4. Cool slightly.
5. Beat egg yolks. Add sauce gradually, stirring well.
6. Return to fire and cook slowly till sauce thickens.
7.... - 44.5254
1) In a polythene abg, put drumsticks with seasoned flour.
2) Toss the drumsticks well to coat in the flour evenly.
3) In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil. ... - 44.4049
Tuna Tartar With Creme Fraiche And Beluga Caviar
1)Take a bowl, combine together tuna, wasabi and water, cilantro, chives, salt, pepper and soy sauce.
2)Place non-stick pan on heat, crack open quail eggs into the pan and cook them sunny side up for 3 minutes.
3)Take a serving plate, keep a... - 44.3727
Pork Tail Stew
Have butcher cut tails into 2- or 3-inch pieces.
Wash thoroughly twice in boiling water.
Rinse in cold water and dry on absorbent paper.
Brown lightly in the lard in kettle or Dutch oven.
Add onion, carrot, and celery, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
Brown... - 44.3471
Caribbean Jerk Pork
1.Cut away visible fat from pork.
2.Take a flat glass pan and place pork in it.
3.In a small bowl, combine, pepper, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, cilantro, corainder and nutmeg.
4. Mix well to form a thick paste.
5. Smear the pork with... - 44.2423
Pennsylvania Dutch Style Green Beans
Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
Remove from pan and crumble.
Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings and add onion and brown lightly.
Stir in cornstarch, salt, and dry mustard.
Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
Stir liquid into skillet and cook,... - 44.0205
Lobster Banana Salad Roll
Combine pieces of lobster meat, celery or cucumber and pickle, if used.
Add French dressing, salad cream or mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
Just before serving, peel and slice bananas.
Fold carefully into mixture.
Fill bread rolls with salad... - 43.9988
Omelette For One
Arrange carrot and zucchini in a vegetable steamer over boiling water.
Cover and steam 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well.
Combine steamed vegetables, chives, and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Combine egg substitute, water,... - 43.996
Fish And Potato Pie
1. Boil fish. Remove skin and bones and flake.
2. Boil and mash potatoes. Add the milk and half the butter.
3. Slice tomatoes and mince onion.
4. Grease a pie dish, put in a layer of fish, then a layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle with onion, pepper and salt.... - 43.9308
Drain oil from tuna into saucepan.
Add onion, celery and green pepper, cook until crisp-tender.
Stir in curry powder, ginger and salt.
Drain syrup from pineapple and measure 1/2 CUP- Add pineapple syrup, mushroom soup and raisins to saucepan.
Bring mixture to... - 43.9293
Lobster And Pineapple Salad
Mix together the marinade ingredients, with salt and pepper to taste, in a shallow dish.
Cut the soft undershell from the lobster body with scissors.
Remove the meat and cut it into thin slices.
Reserve the body shell.
Crack the claws and remove the... - 43.8746
Here is an easy and healthy mixed-seafood salad recipe just for you. My mother is very sincere about cooking . When we come home during holidays, she generally prepare this seafood salad. It is very healthy and my whole family enjoys it. You must try this... - 43.5403
Microwaved Chicken Liver Pate
1. Take an 1 ½ -quart glass casserole and add onion, garlic and butter into it. Cover it the casserole with plastic wrap or glass lid.
2. Microwave it at high for about 2 minutes.
3. Add brandy, pepper and salt and stir it well.
4. Get rid of... - 43.5126
Sauce For Cioppino Stew
Saute onion and green pepper in olive oil until just soft.
Add all the rest of the ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
Remove bouquet and taste for seasonings.
In a large casserole or kettle with a cover arrange in layers all the fish except the... - 43.4587
Hashed Brown Omelette
In covered pan cook whole potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover till almost tender, 20 to 25 minutes; drain and chill.
Peel potatoes; shred to make 3 cups.
(Or, substitute cooked packaged hashed brown potatoes.) In 10-inch skillet cook bacon till... - 43.3628
Poached Salmon With Tarragon Mustard Sauce
1. Take a small bowl and blend 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in it until it becomes light.
2. Put the bowl’s lid on and refrigerate.
3. Take a 12 inch skillet, put wines and shallots in it and allow the mixture to boil.
4. Boil the... - 43.3476
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the fish and 1/2 cup milk into an ovenproof dish.
Cover and cook for 10—15 minutes.
Remove fish from the pan, flake, and discard bones.
Reserve the milk.
Increase oven heat to 400°F.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and blend in... - 43.3274
Dry off the chicken, season with pepper and hot pepper then sprinkle with 2 garlic cloves and juice from 2 lemons.
Sprinkle with curry powder, then add the onions and cook, uncovered, in a large frying pan or a non-stick pot, with a little oil.
Stir and cook... - 43.0497
Caribbean Chicken And Rice Stew
Place chicken in 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven.
Sprinkle with salt, oregano, coriander and pepper.
Add water, tomatoes (with liquid), onion and garlic.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Stir rice into liquid.
Cover and simmer until... - 43.0002
1) In a small mixing bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.
2) Blend in the capers, olives and gherkins and capers.
3) Then stir in the mayonnaise, pepper, celery salt and dill, blend well.
4) Garnish with the sliced eggs and sprinkle with the paprika.
5)... - 42.9136
Garden Fresh Omelette
Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well, and set aside.
Beat egg whites at high speed of an electric mixer until soft peaks form; add flour, beating until stiff peaks form.
Fold egg white mixture into egg substitute mixture.
Coat a small... - 42.9011
Veggie Rice Pot
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine tomato soup, water, chili seasoning, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
Stir in uncooked rice.
Add carrots, green beans, and onion.
Mix well to combine.
Cover and... - 42.8799
Buffalo Mozzarella With Summer Vegetables And Herbs
1. Mix together the mozzarella, marinade ingredients and 3 tbsp olive oil, then grind over a little sea salt and black pepper. Cover with cling film and marinate for at least 6 hrs, or overnight.
2. Blanch the asparagus for 1 min in some boiling salted water,... - 42.814
Fry bacon in a skillet.
Add onion and cook until onion is tender.
Remove bacon and onion from skillet with a slotted spoon and put in a 6 quart kettle.
Add tomatoes with liquid, tomato juice, corn with liquid and potatoes.
Cover and cook until potatoes are... - 42.6626
1. Chop onions and green chillies fine.
2. Open the tin of tuna. Put into a dish. Flake.
3. Mix together grated coconut, chopped to-mato, green chillies, onions, oil and pepper.
4. Break eggs and mix and blend with the mixture. Add the tuna. Add salt to... - 42.5818
Avocado With Prawns
First mix all the ingredients of the sauce together and chill well.
Make sure that the prawns are well chilled but keep the avocado at room temperature for it will then be sweeter.
Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and lightly paint all the exposed... - 42.5687
Southwest Chicken Salad
Stir together dressings and ground red pepper; reserve 1/2 cup.
Pour remaining dressing mixture over chicken.
Cover; marinate in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
Preheat electric broiler (not necessary to preheat gas broiler).
Remove chicken from marinade; discard... - 42.5641
Smoky Fish Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/40()°F/Gas Mark 6. Place the fish in a pan and add the milk and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, cover and then simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, peas and sweetcorn to the pan, bring back to a simmer, cover and cook for... - 42.5106
Rolled Souffle Omelette
Coar a 17- x 11- x 1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray; line with wax paper.
Coot wax paper with cooking spray; set aside.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add 1 tablespoon margarine.
Place over medium heat until margarine melts.
Add... - 42.4522
Melt butter in a large skillet.
Add green pepper and 2 tablespoons onion.
Saute until onion is transparent.
Add almonds, bread crumbs, oregano, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro and salt; mix well.
Spoon filling down center of each catfish fillet.
Roll up and... - 42.286
Papa Empanada Al Horno
Peel and halve potatoes.
Cook in boiling water with 1 tablespoon salt for 25 minutes, or until tender.
Drain and force through a ricer.
Add butter, sugar, milk, and salt to taste; mix well.
Fold egg into mixture.
Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole and sprinkle... - 42.1503
Cream butter and add sugar gradually.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Sift next 6 ingredients 3 times and add to egg mixture alternately with liquids.
Butter tube pan (9 inches) and sprinkle lightly with flour.
Pour mixture into pan... - 42.13
Open Face Tuna Melts
1) Mix well tuna, mayonnaise, celerly, scallions, dill weed, salt and pepper to blend ingredients.
2) Place the toasted bread on paper plate or plate lined with paper towel.
3) On each slice of bread, place one-quarter of tuna salad.
4) Top this with... - 41.9846
Trim okra, and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces.
Cut sweet peppers, green pepper, and onion into 1/2-inch pieces.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add okra; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add... - 41.7139
Sweet Potato Rum Casserole
1. Mix the first 7 ingredients well.
2. In a 1 1/2 quart casserole add oil to grease.
3. Bake for 45 minutes at 325° keeping the casserole covered.
4. Arrange the pecan halves and marshmallows on the top. Bake till the marshmallows are light brown in... - 41.7066
Puffed Or Souffle Omelette
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Using a fork, whisk egg yolks briskly.
3. In a different bowl, cream in egg whites. Beat in water, pepper and salt to form soft peaks. Fold in egg whites to yolks.
4. Take an 8 inch omelet... - 41.5957
Stir Fried Tuna
In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch, water, sherry, and soy sauce; set aside.
Toast sesame seeds in a wide frying pan or wok over medium-high heat until golden (about 4 minutes), shaking pan often.
Pour out seeds and set aside.
Increase heat to high and... - 41.5484
Measure and sift flour.
Heat to boiling the water, butter, and salt.
Immediately add flour all at once.
Cook for 1 minute, stirring to avoid lumps.
Remove from heat and continue to stir until mixture is smooth.
Turn mixture onto a lightly floured board while... - 41.4567
Wash and wipe chicken pieces dry and put chicken and bananas on a pan or piece of foil.
Mash chili peppers with oil, garlic and bay leaf to make a puree (or whirl in blender), adding enough oil to make the mixture a spreading consistency if necessary.
Spread... - 41.4454
Vanilla Flavored Peanut Brittle
Combine sugar, corn syrup, peanuts, and salt in a 2-quart casserole.
Micro wave at HIGH 8 to 9 minutes.
Mixture will be light brown in color.
Add butter and vanilla.
Microwave at HIGH 1 to 3 minutes or until mixture reaches the... - 41.154
Sweet Potato And Banana Casserole
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.Prepare unpeeled sweet potatoes by cokking until soft yet firm.
3.Once done, take off the skin and cut th epotatoes in slices of 1/4 inch.
4.Take a casserole dish, apply little margarine on the base... - 41.0993
Mako Shark Steak Au Poivre
1.Take the skiced shark and wipe it dry.
2.Season the pieces with salt.
3.In a sheet of waxed pepper put pepper and coat the sliced fish with the pepper.
4.Take a heavy skillet, and heat butter in it.
5.Put slices of fish in th ebutter... - 41.0816
Shrimp, Scallops And Green Olives
1)Remove the shrimp shells and devein them. Rinse and clean them
2)Wash the scallops. Slice them into pieces. Make 4 pieces if they are large and 2 pieces if they are small.
3)Remove the pineapple and olives from the can and drain... - 41.0716
Coconut Broiled Sweet Potatoes
1. Add sweet potatoes in boiling water and cook for 20-25 till the potatoes are tender.
2. Cool the potatoes. Peel and cut them in halves, lengthwise.
3. In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish add oil to grease. Arrange the potatoes in the dish.
4.... - 41.038
Herbed Chicken In Lemon Cream Sauce
Dredge the chicken in the flour.
In a large skillet heat the butter over medium heat and saute the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the pan and keep it warm.
Pour the cream into the hot skillet and... - 40.9639
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well.
Cover and set aside.
Combine concentrate and next 5 ingredients; reserve one-half of mixture.
Pour remaining mixture into a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add fish.
Seal bag, and shake lightly... - 40.8815
Stir Fried Tuna For Two
In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch, water, sherry, and soy; set aside.
In a wok or 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, shake sesame seed until golden, about 3 minutes; pour sesame seed from pan and set aside.
To pan, add 1 tablespoon salad oil;... - 40.877
Rich Dinner Rolls
Mix milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a small bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves; cool to lukewarm.
Pour warm water into a warm large bowl, sprinkle in yeast, and stir until dissolved.
Stir in milk mixture, eggs, and 2 cups flour, beating with a wooden spoon... - 40.8149
Green Salad, Family Style
1) In a bowl, tear the lettuce, watercress and endive into bite-size pieces.
2) Place rest of the prepared vegetables over the salad greens.
3) Pour over the French or cheese dressing and toss gently to coat the vegetables.
4) Serve... - 40.7787
Baked Fish Souffle
1. Melt butter in a pan, add flour evenly and cook.
2. Add warm milk gradually to form a smooth consistency. Cook to form a medium consistency sauce.
3. Remove from fire and cool.
4. Clean and boil fish.
5. Flake fish and remove skin and bones.
6. Rub fish... - 40.6934
Jamaican Salt Cod And Akee
1) Pre-soak the cod in water to cover for about 12 hours and drain off.
2) Add enough fresh water to cover and cook until flaky and just cooked through.
3) Drain again and discard any skin and bones.
4) Flake the fish to make sure it is... - 40.6402
Combine first 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Add tuna, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, and green onions; stir well.
Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 4-inch patty.
Press remaining breadcrumbs evenly onto both sides of patties.
Coat a large... - 40.5117
1. Prepare a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and mayonnaise. Mix tuna to the mixture and toss to mix thoroughly.
2. Heap the hamburger bun bottom halves with tuna mixture and arrange an onion slice, tomato slice, hard-cooked egg half,... - 40.4992
Tuna Nicoise Canapes
Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Spray slices with cooking spray.
Turn slices, and spray again; brush with vinegar.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon thyme, garlic powder, and salt; sprinkle evenly over slices.
Bake at... - 40.4852
Orange Pressed Tuna
1.Coat grill with cooking spray.
2. Preheat grill for 5 minutes.
3.Take the orange and peel it.Make slices of 1/4 inch thickness.
4.Put the tuna in the grill and season with parsleu, pepper and salt.
5.Place the orange slices over the tuna to cover... - 40.4634
Pork Chow Mein
In 2-quart casserole micro-melt the butter 30 to 40 seconds; add pork, celery, and onion.
Micro-cook, uncovered, till meat is cooked and vegetables are tender, about 12 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Stir in broth and molasses.
Stir soy into cornstarch;... - 40.4426
Candied Yams In Orange Cups
1. With a sharp knife, slice off 1/2 inch off the top of each orange.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop out the pulp of each orange reserving for another use like making juice.
3. Clean out the piths and fibers from the orange shells. Keep aside.
4.... - 40.4055
Tuna Coconut Toss
For dressing, in a small mixing bowl stir together yogurt, mayonnaise or salad dressing, and curry powder.
For salad, in a medium mixing bowl stir together tuna, fruit, and water chestnuts.
Place dressing and salad mixture, separately, into the... - 40.2877
Steak Au Poivre Vert
The day before the barbecue, trim excess fat from meat.
Place steaks in a shallow ceramic or glass dish.
Mix together marinade ingredients and pour over steaks.
Cover dish and marinate steaks overnight, turning steaks occasionally.
The next day, remove steaks... - 40.2537
Caribbean Corn Chowder
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, combine oil, onion, bell pepper, and chilies.
Stir over high heat until onion is soft, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add broth, tarragon, and pepper.
Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
Cut corn kernels off cob.
Add corn to broth.
Cover and... - 40.0047
Courgette And Walnut Loaf
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/ 180°C/Gas 4- Line the base and sides of a 2 lb (900 g) loaf tin with nonstick baking paper.
2. Beat the eggs and sugar together and gradually add the oil.
3. Sift the flour into a bowl together with the baking powder,... - 39.9765
Jamaican Codfish Fritters
Heat fish and just enough water to cover to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
Cool and flake.
Cook and stir onions in 2 tablespoons oil until tender.
Heat oil (1 to 1 1/2 inches) to 360°.
Beat... - 39.9454
Steak Au Poivre With Mushrooms
Place peppercorns on hard, flat surface and crush with pressing-rolling motion, using bottom of skillet or pan.
Press steaks into crushed pepper using heel of your hand or flat side of cleaver.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil in large heavy iron... - 39.7788
Lobster And Barley Salad
Cook the barley in 2 quarts of boiling salted water until the grains are tender but not mushy, about 35 minutes.
Drain and rinse in cold water.
Stir together the oil, lemon juice, salt, tarragon, cayenne pepper, and paprika.
Mix well with the... - 39.626