- » Caribbean Dessert
Caribbean Dessert Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean dessert recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean dessert recipes.
Roasted Banana With Caramelized Rum Sauce
Tangy bananas are baked with a host of flavorful ingredients which results in the most sinful dessert ever. If you don’t like eating ice-cream just as it is then here's a great dessert you can serve along with it. Top it hot and piping after a nice dinner. - 139.134
How many of you still miss your first bite on a crispy coconut flan? This video briefs the process of preparing the coconut flan, from which you can get some idea. - 97.1071
Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch flameproof baking dish, place 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup rum over a stove on low heat.
3) Arrange the pineapple slices over the melted butter mixture and keep... - 49.2908
Candied Orange Date Bars
Combine orange slices, dates, sugar and flour in 2-quart bowl.
Toss lightly to distribute sugar and flour.
Pour boiling water over fruit.
MICROWAVE 2 MINUTES, 30 SECONDS to 3 MINUTES on HIGH, or until thick.
Mix butter, sugar and eggs... - 48.858
Down Under Lemon Cake
Well grease one 23 cm/9 inch ring-tin or a 20 cm/8 inch square tin.
Cream the butter and sugar until very light, then beat in the eggs gradually.
Gently stir in the sifted flour alternately with the milk, then add the lemon rind and juice.
Spoon the mixture... - 47.9957
Jamaican Rice Pudding With Rum Sauce
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Mix together all the ingredients, except the rice and sauce.
3.Now, add in rice and mix well.
4.Into a 2 quart casserole, pour the mixture and set the casserole in a water bath.
5.Bake for 80... - 47.5393
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F .
2) Grease a 8-inch round cake tin. Line it with a greased mon-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in butter and sugar. Beat to get a light and fluffy mixture. Add in the eggs, one by one. Next, add in... - 47.5201
Corn Bacon Pudding
1.In a bowl, add bacon, egg yolk, corn, milk, sugar, flour, salt and pepper.
Add cheese to the bowl and stir well.
2.Take a 4 or 5 cup casserole dish and brush its inside with butter.
3.In a bowl, beat egg whites until stiff and add... - 47.507
1. To make the Skinny pie crust, in a medium-size bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white flour.
2. Cut butter into flour with a pastry blender until crumbly.
3. Add water, a teaspoon at a time, until dough clings together,... - 47.4724
Coconut Cream Pie
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients
2. Blend the cornstarch in milk and keep aside.
3. Add the gelatin to milk and keep aside to soften
4. Prepare a double boiler pan by setting a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water over a... - 47.468
Berta's Carrot Cake Caribbean
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9-inch round cake pans lightly with butter. Line the bottoms of the pans with round waxed paper and butter the paper.
3) In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and... - 47.3332
Coconut Cream Pie
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Combine egg yolk and 1/2 cup cold water; gradually add to crumb mix-ture, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
Cover and refrigerate for 1... - 47.299
1. Start the grill at a low temperature and place a 1liter/2 pint pudding dish to warm.
2. Drain the pineapple and reserve the liquid. Transfer the pineapple bits to a bowl and measure the liquid making 150 ml. If less, add water. Keep aside... - 47.1477
Prepare a steamer.
Butter a heatproof basin and a square of greaseproof or foil to cover it.
Cream the butter at room temperature with the sugar, grated orange and lemon rind until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs.
Gently stir in the flour sifted with the... - 47.0533
Toasted Tropical Fruit Kebabs With Hot Chocolate Dip
1. Season the wooden skewers by soaking them in tepid water for 30 minutes.
2. Peel the mangos and dice into large pieces. Place on a platter.
3. Cut papaya into half, scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into large dices, discarding the... - 46.9416
Caribbean Coconut Tart
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a a food processor, process the butter for a few seconds until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and process for about 20 seconds until the mixture is light and fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl... - 46.9329
Six Layer Orange Coconut Cake
Have eggs at room temperature.
Beat yolks until thick.
Gradually beat in sugar, then 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Mix flour, cornstarch and salt and add to egg mixture.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and beat slowly until smooth.
Beat whites until stiff... - 46.8113
Corn Pudding With Chilies And Cheese
1) Keep baking dish in cold oven and heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Husk fresh corn and trim the stub of the cob. To remove the corn, hold the cob in one hand and dissever the kernels. That should leave you with around 1 3/4 to 2 1/3 cups of corn... - 46.8069
Chicken Avocado And Coconut Pie
Melt the butter in a small pan, add the flour and cook for 2 minutes without allowing it to brown.
Stir in the stock and milk or cream off the heat, add the onion and thyme; return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
Simmer for 5... - 46.7183
Upside Down Chip Cake
Place the 3 tablespoons butter in a 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
Heat in a 350° oven until butter is melted.
Stir in the 1/2 cup brown sugar and the water.
Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, granulated... - 46.6696
Corn Pudding A La Mode
1) Heat oven to 350° F.
2) In a saucepan, add butter and melt over low heat.
3) Add onion and celery to sauté until tender.
4) In a bowl, combine onion, celery along with red pepper, corn, green pepper, lima beans, seasonings and... - 46.6386
Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cream together the margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3) Sift together the salt, baking powder and flour.
4) Add the dry sifted ingredients to the creamed ingredients, alternately with... - 46.629
Orange Almond Cake
1. In a large saucepan, place the oranges and cover them with water.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer oranges for 30 minutes.
2. When cooked, remove from water and cool.
3. Chop oranges with the peel, discarding piths and seeds.
4.... - 46.5092
Holiday Dark Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube mould and line with brown paper and grease the paper.
3) In a bowl, place together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Stir 1 cup of flour to... - 46.3917
Pineapple And Ginger Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Grease an 8-inch sandwich tin or layer cake pan. Line its base with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together till it becomes light and creamy. Spread evenly in... - 46.2844
Brown Bread Ice Cream
1)Preheat the broiler to medium heat.
2)In a bowl, mix together walnuts, breadcrumbs and sugar. Transfer this mixture into a grill or broiler pan and spread it evenly on the foil in it.
3)Either grill or broil it for 5 minutes until it becomes brown... - 46.0987
Tapioca Rum Pudding With Orange
1) Skin and segment the oranges, keeping them aside for garnishing.
2) In a 2 litre (3 1/2 pint) glass bowl, beat together egg yolk, milk and rum.
3) Mix in tapioca, 3 tablespoons of sugar, orange rind and salt and then keep aside the... - 46.0957
Frosted Lime Pie
1. Assemble and measure all the required ingredients.
2. Prepare a double boiler by placing a saucepan filled with 3 inches of water on a medium low flame.
3. In saucepan that fits over the double boiler, combine the sugar, hot water.... - 46.0367
Gooseberry Ice Cream Flan
1. In a saucepan, melt butter and add sugar; heat without boiling until the sugar is dissolved
2. Coarsly crush the cornflakes and stir them into the melter sugar and heat gently for five minutes or less
3. Take a 9" fluted porcelain flan dish and add... - 45.9914
Danish Rum Cake
About 3 hours before serving: Preheat oven to 325°F.
With 2 tablespoons melted margarine, grease 9-inch tube pan.
Line with waxed paper; grease again.
Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the ground pecans around bottom and sides of pan.
Into medium bowl, sift together... - 45.9613
Apple Coconut Crepe Dessert
1. Peel the apples halve and core them
2. Cut into thin slices and toss in a little lemon juice to prevent browning.
3. To make the filling, in a non-stick sautÃ© pan, melt the butter.
4. Add apple slices and toss, cooking until they... - 45.9574
Char Cooked Pineapple With Ginger And Brown Sugar Butter
1. Peel and cut the fresh pineapple into thick slices.
2. Make the ginger-flavored butter, by combining the ingredients in small saucepan.
3. Place on a low heat and melt the butter, stirring until sugar dissolves.
4. Transfer the... - 45.864
Lay pineapple on its side and take off a thick slice that does not include the green top.
Carefully scoop out insides and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Sweeten to taste with sugar.
Flavor with rum.
Put pineapple pieces back into pineapple shell.
Dot filling... - 45.7797
1) Make caramel mixing sugar and water in a small bowl.
2) Place in Microwave at Power Hi for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes till sugar caramelizes.
3) Divide mixture into 4 greased custard cups.
4) Keep aside.
5) Make custard in a 1-quart glass... - 45.7439
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease & flour 10" tube or 12 cup bundt pan.
Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
Blend all ingredients together very well.
Pour batter over nuts.
Bake for 1 hour; cool.
Invert on serving plate.
Make glaze, by melting butter in... - 45.4589
Chickasaw Corn Pudding
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Take a large bowl and beat eggs. Add baking powder and light cream, stir well and keep aside.
3. Separate corn kernels from cobs for making 3 cups and keep aside.
4. Take a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, add 4... - 45.4022
Pineapple Pecan Upside Down Cake
1. In a 10 inches cast iron skillet melt butter.
2. Sprinkle the butter with brownsugar very evenly.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Drain the pineapple and reserve 1/3 of its juice. Keep the juice aside.
4. Arrange the slices in a single... - 45.2715
Chewy Coconut Cheese Pie
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F
2. To make the filling, in a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, melted butter, vinegar, vanilla, and salt.
3. Whisk using an electric beater or wire whisk until smooth.
4. Stir 3/4th of the coconut.
5. Place the... - 45.0942
Prudy Smithson's Pineapple Cake With Coconut Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda and salt and blend in eggs and pineapple.
3. Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan and bake 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. To make... - 44.9544
Blueberry Lemon Upside Down Cake
Blueberry Topping: In 8-cup (2 L) ring mould, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
Microwave at High for 2 minutes or until blueberries are thawed; set aside.
Cake: In large bowl, beat together egg, egg yolk and sugar until blended; beat in sour cream,... - 44.828
Caribbean Dessert Recipes By Category
Caribbean Dessert Course: