- » Caribbean Cake
Caribbean Cake Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean cake recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean cake recipes.
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Grease a 9-inch round nonstick cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Dust the greased pan by sprinkling 2 teaspoons flour; tilting pan to coat all sides with flour.
4. Turn over the pan to remove excess... - 50.685
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F .
2) Grease a 8-inch round cake tin. Line it with a greased mon-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, add in butter and sugar. Beat to get a light and fluffy mixture. Add in the eggs, one by one. Next, add in... - 49.2408
Pineapple Rum Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch flameproof baking dish, place 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar and 1/4 cup rum over a stove on low heat.
3) Arrange the pineapple slices over the melted butter mixture and keep... - 48.3977
Holiday Dark Fruit Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 275°F.
2) Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube mould and line with brown paper and grease the paper.
3) In a bowl, place together candied fruits, raisins, and pecans.
4) Stir 1 cup of flour to... - 48.3832
Potato Cake Stacks With Tuna
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the filling by combining sour cream, cheese and tuna. Season the mix with black pepper according to taste. Keep the bowl aside.
2) Take another medium bowl to combine potatoes, chives, flour, yogurt and egg.... - 48.3338
Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Cream together the margarine, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3) Sift together the salt, baking powder and flour.
4) Add the dry sifted ingredients to the creamed ingredients, alternately with... - 48.289
Pineapple And Ginger Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Grease an 8-inch sandwich tin or layer cake pan. Line its base with greased non-stick parchment paper.
3) In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together till it becomes light and creamy. Spread evenly in... - 48.2124
Orange Almond Cake
1. In a large saucepan, place the oranges and cover them with water.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer oranges for 30 minutes.
2. When cooked, remove from water and cool.
3. Chop oranges with the peel, discarding piths and seeds.
4.... - 48.1164
Down Under Lemon Cake
Well grease one 23 cm/9 inch ring-tin or a 20 cm/8 inch square tin.
Cream the butter and sugar until very light, then beat in the eggs gradually.
Gently stir in the sifted flour alternately with the milk, then add the lemon rind and juice.
Spoon the mixture... - 47.6433
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and margarine thoroughly.
3) Add the egg and beat properly.
4) Add the orange rind and juice.
5) Add the milk to the mixture, alternately with the flour, baking... - 47.3804
Banana Bread Cake
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil and dust it with a little flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a medium, dry bowl, sift flour with salt, baking powder and soda. Keep... - 47.0848
Blueberry Lemon Upside Down Cake
Blueberry Topping: In 8-cup (2 L) ring mould, combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice.
Microwave at High for 2 minutes or until blueberries are thawed; set aside.
Cake: In large bowl, beat together egg, egg yolk and sugar until blended; beat in sour cream,... - 47.0221
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease & flour 10" tube or 12 cup bundt pan.
Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan.
Blend all ingredients together very well.
Pour batter over nuts.
Bake for 1 hour; cool.
Invert on serving plate.
Make glaze, by melting butter in... - 47.0136
Berta's Carrot Cake Caribbean
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Brush two 9-inch round cake pans lightly with butter. Line the bottoms of the pans with round waxed paper and butter the paper.
3) In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking soda, and... - 46.8365
Whole Wheat Banana Cake
Peel and mash bananas with a fork till well blended.
Sieve flours, baking powder and soda bicarb together.
Beat eggs, sugar and oil till creamy in a large mixing bowl.
Mix coloured peels with mashed bananas and mix with flour.
Add flour to egg mixture and... - 46.8211
1. To prepare the beans thoroughly mash them in liquid.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. In a bowl beat together oil, honey, vanilla and egg and then beat well adding beans.
4. In another bowl mix together dry ingredients and combine 1/2... - 46.6948
Upside Down Chip Cake
Place the 3 tablespoons butter in a 9x1 1/2-inch round baking pan.
Heat in a 350° oven until butter is melted.
Stir in the 1/2 cup brown sugar and the water.
Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, granulated... - 46.5723
Danish Rum Cake
About 3 hours before serving: Preheat oven to 325°F.
With 2 tablespoons melted margarine, grease 9-inch tube pan.
Line with waxed paper; grease again.
Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of the ground pecans around bottom and sides of pan.
Into medium bowl, sift together... - 46.312
Pineapple Pecan Upside Down Cake
1. In a 10 inches cast iron skillet melt butter.
2. Sprinkle the butter with brownsugar very evenly.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Drain the pineapple and reserve 1/3 of its juice. Keep the juice aside.
4. Arrange the slices in a single... - 45.9678
Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Blend together the cake mix with 3 eggs, milk, oil and juice from the pineapple cans in a large bowl.
3) Beat for about 10 minutes or till bubbles start to form.
4) In the microwave, melt... - 45.8235
1. In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy; add lemon rind and eggs to it and beat to blend
2. In another bowl, sift one and a quarter cup of flour, the cornstarch, salt, spices and baking powder into the creamed mixture and blend... - 45.8096
No Cholesterol Orange Cake
1. Grease a (8 1/2-inch by 4 ½ inch) loaf pan. Dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
3. Into a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar. Keep aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oil,... - 45.8063
Orange Cherry Cake
Beat egg yolks at high speed of electric mixer till thick and lemon-colored.
Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar, beating till sugar dissolves.
Combine orange peel and orange juice.
Beat juice mixture and cake flour alternately into yolk mixture.
Beat egg whites with... - 45.5204
1. Preheat the oven at 375°.
2. In a bowl mash beans, add egg and margarine and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and beat thoroughly.
4. Mix well adding apples, raisins, nuts and vanilla.
5. Grease well and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
6.... - 45.4722
Six Layer Orange Coconut Cake
Have eggs at room temperature.
Beat yolks until thick.
Gradually beat in sugar, then 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
Mix flour, cornstarch and salt and add to egg mixture.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and beat slowly until smooth.
Beat whites until stiff... - 45.3413
Mix yolks with 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar.
Beat whites and add remaining sugar, yolks and vanilla.
Stir well again.
Add sifted flour and stir lightly.
Line a baking dish with plastic wrap.
Spread a fourth of the mixture in a circle, about 8 inches in... - 44.912
Caribbean Coconut Cake
Prepare Beaten Sponge Cake.
To make filling and topping, pierce coconut twice at thinnest part of shell.
Pour off milk and reserve.
Cut coconut in half and scoop out flesh.
Cover and reserve.
In a small saucepan, boil 3 tablespoons coconut milk with 1/4 cup... - 44.8502
Prudy Smithson's Pineapple Cake With Coconut Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking soda and salt and blend in eggs and pineapple.
3. Pour into greased 9-by-13-inch pan and bake 30 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. To make... - 44.5094
Festive Rum Cake
1. Grease a large (3 quart or 12-cup) microwave baking dish, generously with butter or oil
2. Sprinkle the nuts in an even layer in the greased baking dish.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except rum.
4. Use an... - 44.3966
Orange Fruit Cake
Squeeze juice from oranges, add sugar to fill large glass (8 ounces or more), set aside.
Grind orange rinds, raisins and nutmeats together.
Sift flour once, measure and add baking powder.
Then sift them three times.
Cream butter thoroughly gradually adding... - 44.1228
Orange Rum Yum Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Prepare cake mix according to package direction adding lemon and orange rind.
3) Take a 10-inch fluted tube pan, grease it, lightly flour, spread the mixture, and bake for 1-1/4 hour.
4) Let it cool for... - 43.7753
Festive Rum Cake
Sprinkle nuts over bottom of generously greased 10 to 12-cup Bundt dish.
In large bowl, with electric mixer, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and rum; beat at medium speed 4 minutes, pour batter evenly over nuts.
TO HEAT BY TIME Set Power... - 43.7662
Quick Orange Cake
Place the margarine, sugar, orange rind and dry ingredients in the bowl with the eggs.
Mix using the double-bladed chopping knife or plastic blade until smooth and soft.
Be careful not to overmix.
Divide between two greased and bottom-lined 20-cm/8-in... - 43.7158
Orange Rum Cake With Kumquats
With a mixer, beat butter, sugar, and grated peel until fluffy.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
Add baking powder and soda.
Mix juice and rum.
Stir flour and juice mixture alternately into batter; beat to blend well.
Scrape batter into a... - 43.6991
Orange Rum Cake
To make cake:
1. With a little butter grease a 9" or 10" tube pan.If usin'g a fluted or other fancy pan be sure it holds at least 2 qts. when measured to the brim with water).
2.Turn on oven, set at 350 degrees F.If oven has no control, use a portable oven... - 43.2936
Rum Praline Cake
Sprinkle the pecans evenly in bottom of greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
In large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, the 3/4 cup water, the oil, and the 1/4 cup rum.
Beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2... - 43.1789
Grenadian Spice Cake
This recipe hails from Grenada-and would be a grand finishing touch to your favorite Caribbean or spicy meal. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with fresh fruits of the season. - 43.0237
Rum Pound Cake
1) Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C before baking.
2) Beat egg whites till they reach a soft peak stage and slowly mix in 1 cup (250 ml) sugar to form a stiff meringue.
3) Mix butter with the remaining sugar, creaming well.
4) Beat in one... - 42.4114
Candied Cherry Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1. In an 8-inch microwave round baking dish combine the sugar and butter
2. Heat in the microwave on HIGH power for about 2 minutes until butter melts.
3. Remove from oven and stir until sugar dissolves. Spread evenly on bottom of dish.
4. Arrange... - 42.3615
Greek Lemon Cake
Grease two 9x9x2-inch baking pans.
In large mixer bowl combine cake mix and farina.
Add milk, eggs, and oil.
Beat at medium speed of electric mixer for amount of time given on cake mix package.
Stir in 3/4 cup of the nuts.
Divide batter evenly between... - 42.0584
Crush very finely the digestive biscuits by rolling them with a rolling pin until you have 1 1/2 teacups.
Add 2 oz. icing sugar, mix well.
Stir in 5 tablespoons melted butter until well blended.
Pat into the bottom and sides of a large pie tin.
Bake in an... - 41.3352
Fresh Strawberry Sour Cream Shortcake
1. Soften the yeast in the water five minutes, then stir until blended.
2. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir in the yeast and eggs, beaten slightly with the milk. Beat until the batter is smooth, about one hundred strokes. Add the... - 41.1438
Molasses Spice Cake
Beat in molasses and egg.
Add sifted flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger, and allspice alternately with buttermilk, beating until smooth, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Pour into two 8-inch layer pans lined on the bottom... - 41.0892
Orange Marmalade Cake
Cream butter; add sugar gradually; beat until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly; then add marmalade.
Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with orange juice and grated rind.
Beat until smooth.
Bake in well-greased paper-lined pan... - 40.2622
Tuna And Cauliflower Cakes
1. Pulverize toast in a food processor to make fine crumbs; transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Cook cauliflower according to package directions, or steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Completely drain off any water. Cool slightly; transfer to food processor. Add... - 39.4081
Orange Curd Cake
Beat the cheese, sugar, semolina, egg yolks and orange juice and rind together.
Stir in the peel.
Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, then carefully fold into the cheese mixture until just evenly blended.
Spoon into a greased 9-inch loose-bottomed... - 38.9756
Beat yolks, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl until very thick and pale yellow.
Add about 1/4 cup oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously all the while.
Beat in 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and hot water.
Add another 1/4... - 38.9465
Floribbean Pound Cake
1. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside. Stir together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons... - 38.6222
Orange Icebox Cake
Cream sugar and butter as for any cake.
Beat yolks, add to creamed sugar and butter; then add fruit juices and grated rind.
Beat egg whites, add last.
Separate lady fingers, place 6 halves in desired platter; add mixture, then more cakes alternately until... - 37.3025
Grandma Hummon's Orange Juice Cake
Blend cake mix and pudding.
Add water slowly, then melted shortening.
Add one egg at a time.
Mix at high speed.
Pour in a 13x9x2 pan.
Bake at 350° until brown on top and moving away from sides of pan.
Prick hot cake with fork in many places and dribble in... - 34.8823
Use a greased and floured 10" tube or bundt pan.
Sprinkle nuts evenly in bottom of pan.
Mix other ingredients well and blend for 3 minutes.
Pour over nuts and bake for 1 hour at 325° - test for doneness.
Cool on rack then invert on serving plate.
Prick the... - 34.6325
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Heat one-half cup of the sugar slowly in a small heavy skillet, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until the sugar melts, is free from lumps and turns a light caramel in color. Pour a spoonful of the syrup in... - 33.8849
Mandarin Orange Cake
1. For cake: Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and undrained mandarin oranges in large mixing bowl. Beat together, until well-mixed. Pour batter into greased, 2-quart utility dish.
2. Cook on Cook Level 7 for 18 to 21 minutes, or until top springs back when... - 33.3424
Mandarin Orange Cake
In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oranges.
Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes.
Pour into two greased and floured 9-in.round cake pans.
Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the... - 31.5849
Easy Lemon Cake
Mix all ingredients well and pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Remove and punch holes all over top with a meat knife. - 29.5778
Lemon Twist Cake
1. Prepare pudding mix as package label directs; pour into well-greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish. Refrigerate until cold.
2. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
3. Make up cake mix as package label directs; pour over pudding.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or... - 24.6915
Caribbean Cake Recipes By Category