- » Caribbean Black
Caribbean Black Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean black recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean black recipes.
Hearty Caribbean Black Beans Soup
For all the lovers of homemade soup, this is a right choice. The black bean soup is delicious as well as nutritious and when cooked in Caribbean style, it packs with it the tropical flavor. - 121.812
Caribbean Black Beans
A super fast black bean dish that can be used as a main dish over rice or a side dish. - 106.568
Caribbean Style Black Bean Soup
1) In 4 quarts of water, soak the beans overnight and drain the next day.
2) In a slow cooker, combine together the beans, onions, garlic, green pepper, ham, cumin, oil, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper and 3 cups of fresh water. Mix well.
3) Cover the... - 43.4947
Caribbean Eggplant And Black Bean Soup
1 ln a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the green pepper, celery, garlic, and carrots. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Stir in the cumin, allspice, oregano, and salt and cook... - 28.6574
Caribbean Black Beans
Saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
Add the ginger, thyme, and allspice and saute, stirring often to prevent sticking, until the onions are very soft, for about 5 more minutes.
Stir in the beans and... - 37.7881
Caribbean Loin Of Pork In Black Sauce
Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper.
Brown on all sides in hot lard with 2 onions, sliced.
The meat must be thoroughly browned.
Pour off excess fat.
Sprinkle meat with vinegar.
Add olives, capers, raisins, sugar, and water.
Bring to boil; lower... - 43.3498
Black Bean Chili Salad
Jicama, corn, tomato, green onion and a spicy dressing provide a flavorful alternative to the average bean salad. - 34.6579
Creole Black Eyed Peas
1. In 9-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add onion, carrot, celery, and bell pepper and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, bay leaf, mustard, pepper, ginger, and cumin to vegetable mixture;... - 28.9622
Black Beans With Two Potatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and drain beans.
3. Grease a 1-½ quart dish with butter.
4. Arrange potato slice the baking dish, beginning with purple ones around the outside, then using orange ones for the next row, and ending... - 46.3521
Black Beans In Rum
Black Beans In Rum is a delicious side dish recipe which I always love to have on my dinner table. I bet, once you have this Black Beans In Rum, you will always crave for some more. - 35.9816
Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat.
Stir in the rice.
Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
Drain the pineapple and place 1/2 cup of the juice in... - 42.7925
Caribbean Yellow Rice And Pigeon Peas
Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan.
Saute the onions and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat until just beginning to soften.
Mix in the turmeric and then the rice, stirring until the rice is uniformly yellow.
Add the water, salt, drained pigeon peas, and... - 40.6535
Caribbean Style Pork Ribs
You must have had pork ribs for multiple times, but this special Caribbean style pork ribs are definitely most exotic. In this recipe, the ribs are marinated in fabulous spice mix and then slow baked in oven. This whole cooking process makes the pork ribs so... - 123.131
Classic Caribbean Hot Pepper Sauce
If you have never tasted this hot pepper sauce, you must try it at least for once. This classic Caribbean sauce will add the zing to any of your regular food. It is easy to prepare and you can store the sauce for some time. Watch the video to learn all the... - 118.316
Jerk Chicken In Caribbean Style
It's Carnival time and you should try this Caribbean dish. Jerk is actually a style of cooking. The chicken is marinated in the sauce prepared by the chef. The chicken looks delicious. Do watch the video as the chef makes a yummy dish of chicken. - 95.3025
1 In a shallow bowl, combine the cornstarch and black pepper. Lightly dredge the chicken breasts in the seasoned cornstarch.
2 In a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and brown all... - 39.1828
Haitian Black Beans
1. In shallow 1-quart microwavable casserole combine onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili pepper, and oil and stir to coat. Microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute, until onion is softened.
2. Using a fork, mash 2 ounces beans. Add mashed and whole beans, 1/3 cup... - 25.4468
Caribbean Fish Tacos
1. Prepare Tropical Salsa.
2. Combine sugar and next 9 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish. Cover and marinate 30 minutes.
3. Prepare grill.
4. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 9 minutes... - 34.2139
Layered Caribbean Salad
Combine first 9 ingredients in a medium bowl, and stir well with a whisk.
Reserve 2 tablespoons dressing, and set aside.
Add mango, corn, onion, and beans to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Place 2 cups lettuce on each of 2 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup... - 34.6125
Caribbean Jerk Pork
1.Cut away visible fat from pork.
2.Take a flat glass pan and place pork in it.
3.In a small bowl, combine, pepper, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, cilantro, corainder and nutmeg.
4. Mix well to form a thick paste.
5. Smear the pork with... - 44.2423
1. To make marinade, place rum, lime rind, lime juice, honey, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix to combine. Place spatchcock (poussin) halves in a shallow glass or ceramic dish and rub marinade into spatchcocks (poussins). Cover and set aside to marinate... - 35.1256
Caribbean Cabbage Soup
1)Soak dried shrimp in white wine for atleast 30 minutes.
2)In a saucepan, heat oil.
3) Saute onion and ginger for a minute.
4)Tip in the potatoes,... - 45.5022
Caribbean Fish In A Packet
Preheat the oven to 450Â°.
Fold each sheet of foil over to make a square of double thickness.
Brush a little oil on the center portion of each square.
Rinse the fish and prepare all of the ingredients.
Place half of the fish on each square.
Top with the... - 44.2754
Caribbean Jerk Pork Chops
Caribbean-style pork chops marinated overnight in a lemon juice and oil marinade with a variety of spices. Use more cayenne pepper to make it really hot - 39.4639
Caribbean Red Snapper Stew
1. In a bowl, combine the wine, rum, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Marinate the fish pieces in this mixture for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. In a large pot, warm the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it... - 34.0225
Caribbean Ham Steak
1) In a pan, saute the onion in the oil until soft, add the green pepper and saute for 2 min, stir in the curry powder and saute further for 1 min.
2) Blend the pineapple juice, cornflour, tomato ketchup, salt and pepper, and stir in to the pan with... - 39.2706
Caribbean Pasta Salad With Tropical Island Dressing
1) In a bowl, combine allspice, beans, juice concentrate, cover, and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2) Drain and discard the liquid from the beans.
3) Cook pasta, drain, rinse in cold water, and keep aside.
4) In a pan, heat oil and... - 47.0774
Caribbean Lime Steak
1) In a small bowl, combine together all the ingredients except for the steak. Use a wire whisk to mix lightly.
2) Across the top, score the steak.
3) Over the steak, pour the lime juice mixture and turn to coat all the sides well.
4)... - 43.6652
Caribbean Jerk Pork
Remove all visible fat from the pork and place the tenderloin in a flat glass pan.
In a small bowl, mix the ginger, pepper, brown sugar, garlic, cilantro, cayenne pepper, nutmeg and coriander.
Blend well to make a thick rub.
Press the rub firmly onto all... - 37.8466
Caribbean Salsa goes well with poultry meat recipes. Caribbean Salsa gets its taste from mango and cucumber cubes mixed with lime juice. Caribbean Salsa is served with meat dishes. - 29.6218
Caribbean Dip With Lime Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside to when required
3. In a small bowl, mix together the lime peel, lime juice, honey, oil and salt.
4. With a small brush, wipe the mixture on to... - 44.4003
Caribbean Creole Steaks With Cinnamon Rice
1) In a large dish, combine all the marinade ingredients together, add the steaks and marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2) Preheat the broiler or grill.
3) Rinse the rice in a strainer under cold running water,... - 45.3407
Caribbean Tuna Burgers
Am incredible burger that will transport you to the sunny Caribbean with the fresh tuna flavor paired with jerked pineapple and curry mayo - 46.3726
Place the sweet potato in a microwave-safe dish.
Cover and microwave on high for 5 minutes or until tender; set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and pumpkin pie spice in oil until vegetables are tender.
Stir in beans and... - 40.1801
Caribbean Croque Monsieur
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Trim the bread crusts, if desired, then spread butter on one side of each slice. On a waxed paper covered surface, place the 2 slices of bread with the buttered side down.
3) Spread the slices evenly with... - 43.5191
Caribbean Game Hens
Caribbean Game Hens are a unique hen preparation that you can serve at home for a grand dinner. I made this for my mother in law at a family get together and she loved it! Try the Caribbean Game Hens and you will understand why! - 46.747
Scrumptious Caribbean Mutton Curry
This Caribbean-inspired, spicy dish of mutton curry is something that you won't find easily in any multi-star establishment. One whiff of this zesty mutton curry and you will know how irresistible the dish is. Anna shares a simple recipe of this wonderful... - 94.1289
Combine first 8 ingredients, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 cup olive oil, and cook over moderate heat for about 1 hour.
When sauce is nearly done, season fish with remaining 2 tablespoons salt.
Put remaining 1 cup oil and garlic in a frying pan.
Brown garlic... - 39.6077
Grilled West Indies Spice Rubbed Chicken Breast With Grilled Banana
1. Mix all the spices together well and rub this mixture over both sides of each chicken breast. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Over a medium fire, grill the chicken breasts skin-side down for 7-8 minutes, until well browned and heavily crusted. Turn... - 31.8063
Curacao Style Snapper
Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, celebrates the beautiful island of Curacao with her luscious Curacao Style Snapper! Delicious, simple and perfect for a mid-week meal or a special occasion. Bon bini (welcome to) Curacao! - 95.7884
Cinnamon Scented Roast Duck Salad In Egg Flour Wrappers
Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
Trim excess fat from duck in neck area and near tail.
Place duck on a rack in a heavy roasting pan.
If using lemongrass, remove tough outer stalks.
Crush remaining portion of stalks; cut in 3-inch pieces.
In a wok or a large... - 39.1737
Tortuga Rum's Curry Chicken
To find other tasty caribbean-inspired recipes like this, visit www.tortugarumcakes.com where you can purchase the book, Tortuga Rum Fever & Caribbean Party Cookbook. - 38.0035
Jamaican Salt Cod And Akee
1) Pre-soak the cod in water to cover for about 12 hours and drain off.
2) Add enough fresh water to cover and cook until flaky and just cooked through.
3) Drain again and discard any skin and bones.
4) Flake the fish to make sure it is... - 40.6402
Tagliatelle With Tuna
1. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. To make sauce, heat a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat, add onion, garlic and 1 tablespoon of juice from tomatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes or until... - 34.1945
1. To prepare meat trim it of all visible fat and cut into wafer-thin slices.
2. On four serving plates arrange beef slices, lettuce leaves and watercress attractively and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
3. To make mayonnaise in a food processor or... - 44.0555
Tasty Jamaican Oxtail Part 1
Wish to whomp up a traditional Jamaican recipe at home but don't know how? Worry not for this video brings to you a yummy Jamaican oxtail recipe that is deliciously rich and hearty. This slow crock pot recipe offers you the best of flavors and taste and... - 77.3459
Tasty Jamaican Oxtail Part 2
What could be more appeasing to the taste buds than a soul-gratifying stew. Jamaican oxtail is a traditional crock pot recipe that packs in a slew of flavor and taste and is so simple to cook. So if you are looking for a slow-cooker recipe, you might just... - 77.6883
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Mix
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
To make ahead, store at room temperature up to 6 months.
Makes about 48 teaspoons seasoning mix.
Use to sprinkle or rub over chicken, seafood, meats, or vegetables for grilling or broiling or, use... - 28.4064
Gourmet Surf And Turf Brochettes
Thread the beef and lobster or shrimp alternately on skewers.
Squeeze lime juice over meat and leave for 15 minutes.
To prepare baste, melt the butter and add the rest of the baste ingredients.
Heat gently for 2 or 3 minutes.
Grill brochettes over very hot... - 36.97
Garlic Pork Nuggets
Thoroughly mix pork and garlic.
Sprinkle generously with pepper and lightly with salt.
Spread meat mixture in a single, solid layer in 10- by 15-inch rimmed baking pans.
Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven until meat is crisp and well browned, about 1 hour; stir... - 27.8378
In a food processor with the motor running, toss the garlic slices down the feed tube to mince them.
Add the tuna, olives, vinegar, capers, and parsley, and process to chop as fine as possible.
With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil down the feed... - 28.6344
Scrambled Egg And Salt Cod Hash
1) Diagonally shred the cod to about 1/4 inch thick slices and keep aside.
2) Cover the potatoes in boiling salted water and cook for about 5 minutes until just tender.
3) Drain the potatoes, when done and keep aside.
4) In a large... - 40.225
Ocean Fresh Mackerel With Green Bananas In Spicy Sauce
Imagine how it would be sitting on the side of ocean, catching fresh fish and cooking them and relishing the tasty bites along with friends and family. Sounds awesome…but even if you can not make the entire dream come true, you can still make it half way by... - 149.991
Chateaubriand With Maitre D'hotel Butter
To make the maitre d'hotel butter: in a small bowl, beat the butter with a wooden spoon.
Gently work in the remaining butter ingredients.
When well blended, place on waxed paper or aluminum foil.
Roll into a cylinder.
Twist both ends to seal and set... - 45.3439
Macarrones Con Pollo
1. Mise en place!
2. Begin water boiling for pasta
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet
4. Saute the ham and recaito over medium heat for 3 minutes
5. Add the chicken, olives and capers cook for 5 minutes
6. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil
7. Reduce to... - 44.4
Broiled Fish Steaks
GETTING READY 1) Wash and pat dry the fish steaks. 2) In a small dish, mix all the ingredeints to prepare a sauce. ... - 23.5405
Broiled Shrimp With Tomatillo Relish
In glass bowl combine first 5 ingredients.
Add shrimp and toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Grill or broil the shrimp about 3 minutes per side.
Spoon relish on a platter and top with shrimp.
Relish: Combine all ingredients in glass bowl.
Cover... - 42.8014
1) In a small mixing bowl, flake the tuna with a fork.
2) Blend in the capers, olives and gherkins and capers.
3) Then stir in the mayonnaise, pepper, celery salt and dill, blend well.
4) Garnish with the sliced eggs and sprinkle with the paprika.
5)... - 42.9136
Grilled Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers
This recipe of Caribbean-style grilled shrimp and pineapple is an absolute treat for a mild summer evening. Plan ahead to call up your friends and enjoy a weekend afternoon with these delicious snacks. But before that, watch the video to learn the tricks of... - 144.935
Jamaican Grilled Pork Steak
1. Use a meat knife or kitchen scissors to cut off all the fat from the steaks.
2. In a small food processor jar combine garlic, scallions, oil, lime juice, sugar, ginger, spices, salt, and peppers.
3. Blend into a smooth paste.
4. Tip into a... - 43.9037
Martinique Green Beans
1. In a large pan, bring water to boil.
2. Add the beans and cook for 3-5 minutes until just crisp-tender.
3. Drain and rinse with cold water.
4. Drain again and keep aside.
5. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
6. Stir in... - 48.327
Pan Broiled Shrimp Kabobs
1. Soak eight to twelve bamboo skewers in cold water
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Place tomatoes in a roasting pan, and roast for about 30 minutes in hot oven until the skins have blistered and shriveled.
4. Sprinkle sugar and salt... - 42.8785
Lobster And Artichoke Salad
1. In a food processor bowl or blender container combine the egg product, Dijon-style mustard, and wine vinegar. Cover and process or blend till combined. With the processor or blender running slowly, add the olive oil in a thin steady stream, stopping and... - 35.3724
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper.
Set a large cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot.
Brush both sides of the snapper with the oil and dust with the spice mixture.
Mist with... - 34.5843
Cheesy Pepper Kebabs
1. Marinate the cheese cubes in the Citrus marinade for 2 hrs or overnight.
2. Spread 1 slice of bread with the black olive paste, then sandwich with the other slice. Cut into 8 mini sandwiches. Thread cheese, sandwiches and pepper squares alternately onto... - 24.2485
Jamaican Curry Chicken Part 1
Wish to do something new with your poultry? How about trying a new Jamaican curry. This lip smacking spicy hot chicken curry gets its boost from a slew of traditional spices and herbs. So if you are in a mood of trying something new tonight, just blindly go... - 81.78
Jamaican Curry Chicken Part 2
Jamaican chicken curry is quite a cinch to prepare. Chicken chunks marinated in flavorful spice mix lends this dish its ultimate kick. An easy, exciting way to jazz up boring chicken curry into a tongue-tickling affair. - 80.6833
Jamaican Corned Beef, Sausage And Rice Part 1
You don't have to catch a flight to Jamaica to enjoy its best traditional meals. In this video, the cook shows us how to prepare yummy Jamaican meat dish using corned beef, sausage and rice. If you are looking to feast on stick-to-your-ribs meal, you cannot... - 79.2509
Jamaican Corned Beef, Sausage And Rice Part 2
Jamaicans love to eat meat and this recipe is an extension of their culinary fondness. Corned beef, sausage and rice comes together to create a pot of luscious Jamaican meal that is truly irresistible and unmissable. Just follow the recipe as presented in the... - 79.1759
Jamaican Garlic Wine Mussels
Sweet, plump mussels cooked in zesty garlic and wine sauce make for a hearty seafood delicacy. However, you might need a few extra prep-up time before you get on with this recipe. Just stick to the recipe instructions as presented here and get started. - 60.3926
Jamaican Curry Garlic Crab Legs
No one knows better than the jamaican to deal with their crab legs. This recipe is an extension of their fondness for crab legs curry. An easy, lip-smacking dish, even you can pull off this recipe at home if you follow the recipe instructions to the T. - 81.278
Samuel Stoney's Planter's Punch
Put last mentioned articles into the garbage can before serving the punch instead of afterwards.
This saves time.
Supply drinkers with spoons.
Instruct them to stir the marmalade if they like it sweet, and leave it lie if they like it dry.
If they stir too... - 29.9372
1. Prepare grill.
2. Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a large zip-top plastic bag,- seal and marinate 30 minutes. Remove asparagus from bag,- discard marinade. Place asparagus on grill rack coated with cooking... - 22.6711
Baked Shrimp And Salmon With Provolone Cheese
Looking to make something exciting and exotic for an upcoming get-together? Then this video is just the thing for you. Watch and learn to cook a yummy Caribbean delight that will leave everyone amazed and asking for more! This dish looks and tastes very... - 96.9092
Hoppin John With Tofu
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onions, green and red peppers, and garlic, and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Pour 3/4 cup of the water into the skillet... - 41.9767
Homemade Banana Nut Bread
This holiday season, skip the usually fare and whom up something new in your kitchen. Banana nut bread is one such delicacy that shouldn't be much pain cooking up in your kitchen. Just follow the simple instructions presented in this recipe video and get... - 98.9926
Fish Souffle Martinique
Place fillets in a greased baking dish; season with salt and sprinkle with parsley and whole black peppers.
Pour in wine and dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
Cover with foil and bake in a hot oven (400°) for 15 minutes.
Pour fish stock out of dish and... - 41.9884
Four Bean Salad
Line large salad bowl with romaine.
Layer drained red kidney beans, wax beans, black-eyed peas, green beans, and pepper rings in order given.
Top with onion rings.
Thoroughly combine sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, salt, dry mustard, tarragon, and... - 34.5047
Fresh Corn Bread Pudding
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Trim crust from bread, discard crust. Cut bread into 2-inch cubes. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes or until bread is toasted, turning occasionally.
3. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
4. Heat... - 34.9044
Beef Salad Nicoise
Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until tender — about 10 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Drain thoroughly. Leave to cool.
Combine the olives, beef, anchovies, tomatoes and pasta in a bowl.
Place the dressing ingredients with pepper to taste... - 32.8689
Lobster And Pineapple Salad
Mix together the marinade ingredients, with salt and pepper to taste, in a shallow dish.
Cut the soft undershell from the lobster body with scissors.
Remove the meat and cut it into thin slices.
Reserve the body shell.
Crack the claws and remove the... - 43.8746
Blackened Tuna Steaks
1. Preheat barbecue to a high heat. To make salsa, place tomatoes, fennel, onion, capers, mint, garlic, lemon juice and orange juice in a bowl and toss to combine. Set aside until ready to serve.
2. To make spice mix, place paprika, ground garlic, onion... - 32.062
Pan Seared Scallop Salad
To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and oil.
Season with the salt and pepper.
To make the salad: In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes, and shallots.
Add half of the... - 50.0778
Herb And Pepper Tuna
1. To make marinade, place garlic, wine, vinegar and lemon juice in a shallow glass or ceramic dish and mix to combine. Add tuna, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
2. Place tomatoes on a wire rack set in a baking dish and bake at 180°C /... - 37.7582
Creole Style Red Bean Soup With Shrimp
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the scallions, bell pepper, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, adding some of the broth, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the pan gets dry.
Stir in the... - 38.5942
1)In a large pot, add bay leaves, conch, black pepper, thyme, chili and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes continuously stirring.
2)Add in carrot, onion, bell pepper, celery, potato and cook for 5 minutes more.
3)Pour in the stock and rum.
4)Slowly bring to... - 45.8404
Veggie Rice Pot
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine tomato soup, water, chili seasoning, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
Stir in uncooked rice.
Add carrots, green beans, and onion.
Mix well to combine.
Cover and... - 42.8799
Tuna With Tomatoes
1. Prepare the tuna steaks by washing them, pat drying them on absorbent kitchen paper, seasoning with salt and ground black pepper and dusting them lightly with flour.
2. In a large shallow frying pan heat half of the olive oil and... - 43.2508
Pork And Vegetable In Creamy Tomato Sauce
Do you find everyday cooking is boring and tiring - don’t worry! Here is some easy recipe with pork and vegetables which can be cooked without any hassle. Let it cook, while you watch your favorite TV soap and after an hour or so, when it is ready, you... - 110.552
Soak dry peas, using 8 cups water, as directed
Drain mixture, reserving 6 cups of the liquid.
In heavy 3-quart saucepan cook bacon, onion, and garlic till bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
Remove bacon; drain.
Crumble and set aside.
Stir peas, rice, salt,... - 35.5678
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
1. Prepare grill.
2. Place portobello caps, stem side up, on a plate. Combine olive oil and next 4 ingredients. Drizzle oil mixture over mushrooms.
3. Place mushrooms on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 4 minutes on each side or until... - 26.3747
Creme De Poisson
Clean the leeks and stand them vertically in the feed tube.
Slice, using the slicing disc.
Repeat this with the potatoes.
Place the sliced vegetables in a saucepan with the stock and salt.
Bring to the boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, cod... - 33.3197
Baked Fish Souffle
Preheat oven to 425°.
Place fillets in a greased baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper and pat with butter.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Blend in remaining ingredients and spread over hot fish, covering... - 35.3112
Chocolate Mousse Royale
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, add the coffee and stir slowly until smooth.
Add sugar and rum, continue stirring slowly.
Allow to cool.
With a wire whisk beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture; stir gently until the colour is... - 31.4592
1. Cook the lobster as for boiled live lobster. Cool, clean and remove the meat from the shell.
2. In a skillet heat the oil and the sliced lobster meat and garlic and cook briefly. Add the rum, broth and vegetables and simmer, uncovered, five minutes. Season... - 34.067