- » Caribbean Bean Rice
Caribbean Bean Rice Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean bean rice recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean bean rice recipes.
Caribbean Rice And Beans
Cook rice as directed on package.
While rice cooks, cook and stir beans, salt, pepper and garlic in oil until beans are heated through,
Stir chives into rice.
Turn rice onto platter; top with beans. - 24.841
Caribbean Black Beans
A super fast black bean dish that can be used as a main dish over rice or a side dish. - 106.568
Solar Cooked Jamaican Rice With Red Beans
1. Get the solar cooker ready and the outside temperature should be around 88 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
3. Place it in the sun in the bowl of the solar cooker and let it cook for 3 hours and... - 86.31
Caribbean Bean Casserole
1) Coat a casserole dish with butter.
2) In a non-stick pan, heat oil and sautÃ© the onions, red peppers, chili peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
3) Add the stock, beans and bay leaf.
4) Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are... - 46.6519
Calypso Beans And Rice
1. In a large heavy pot, fry bacon over low heat for about 8 minutes until the fat is released.
2. Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic.
3. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables wilt.
4. Add rice and cook with... - 47.4796
Caribbean Style Coconut Rice With Bacon And Peas
Tropical breezes, ocean sunset, this video gives all those authentic Caribbean beauty. Am amazingly tasty rice dish in a coconut flavor with the goodness of peas and bacon. This recipe has all the ingredients required to make a great dish. This exotic dish... - 107.829
Liver And Brown Rice Ring
1) In a bowl, mix rice, liver, onion, green pepper, celery, and butter
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Add little water to make mixture of right consistency.
4) In a well-greased 1 1/2 -quart ring mold or bowl press the mixture to it.
5) Place in... - 37.877
Haitian Rice With Red Beans
If you prefer having rice cooked with another ingredient, you are going to love Red Bean Haitan Rice! Try this side dish from Haiti which can be combined with egg, meat or poultry. You are definitely going to love it. - 113.039
Microwaved Hoppin John
In 3-quart casserole, combine peas and water; let soak overnight.
Do not drain.
Add onion, pepper, red pepper, garlic, and bay leaf.
Cook, covered, at HIGH for 15 minutes or till boiling.
Cook at MEDIUM LOW (3) for 45 minutes.
Stir in salt pork.
Cook at... - 41.4299
Jamaican Red Beans And Rice
1. Place the rice in a strainer, and rinse under cold running water. (Rinsing makes the rice fluffier.)
2. Place all of the ingredients, including the rice, in a 2 1/2-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, stir the rice, and... - 29.144
Jamaican Rice And Peas
Chef shares the recipe for one of his favorite dishes which he usually enjoys when he is in North of Virginia. This is definitely not the recipe for classic Jamaican Rice and Peas but definitely its delicious and a good effort towards making a favorite meal.... - 116.263
Soak dry peas, using 8 cups water, as directed
Drain mixture, reserving 6 cups of the liquid.
In heavy 3-quart saucepan cook bacon, onion, and garlic till bacon is crisp and onion is tender.
Remove bacon; drain.
Crumble and set aside.
Stir peas, rice, salt,... - 35.5678
Jamaican Style Rice
1) In a large saucepan, allow the water to boil. Then stir in the butter and rice and rapidly boil without the lid for 10-15 minutes, until a very little water is remaining in the pan.
2) Lower the heat and cook for further 5 minutes until the... - 42.9796
Haitian Black Bean Soup
1. Take a large Dutch oven, and add beans and cover it with water and stir in salt and soak overnight. Or Quickly soak the beans and drain out water.
2. Boil the beans, by partially covering the oven over low heat.
3. Cook the beans... - 44.9041
Cuban Black Bean Soup
1.Put beans in a bowl containing water and leave them over night.
2.With a pestle, make a crushed paste of garlic, cumin, vinegar and oregano.
3.In a pan heat oil and put onions and pepper in it and saute until brown.
4.Put the crushed... - 48.4381
Hoppin John With Tofu
Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over moderate heat for 1 minute.
Add the onions, green and red peppers, and garlic, and saute, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Pour 3/4 cup of the water into the skillet... - 41.9767
Haitian Black Beans
1. In shallow 1-quart microwavable casserole combine onion, tomato, bell pepper, chili pepper, and oil and stir to coat. Microwave on High (100%) for 1 minute, until onion is softened.
2. Using a fork, mash 2 ounces beans. Add mashed and whole beans, 1/3 cup... - 25.4468
How To Make Rice N Peas
If you are deciding to make rice then you must try this recipe. It's simple and easy to make. The chef has used different ingredients in the recipe. You can serve the rice with your main dish. - 99.6882
Four Bean Salad
1) In a large bowl, mix all the beans together.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped and add to the beans.
3) Add oil, vinegar, Vegex, salt, tarragon, lemon juice, honey and pepper, process to... - 44.5539
Veggie Rice Pot
Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray.
In prepared container, combine tomato soup, water, chili seasoning, parsley flakes, and black pepper.
Stir in uncooked rice.
Add carrots, green beans, and onion.
Mix well to combine.
Cover and... - 42.8799
Cuban Black Bean Soup
Prepare marinated rice.
Set aside for 1 hour or until next day; bring to room temperature before serving.
Heat oil in a 5 quart pan over medium heat.
Add onions, green peppers, and garlic; cook, stirring, until limp.
Add stock, cumin, oregano, vinegar, and... - 40.3594
Jamaican Rice And Peas
This favorite Jamaican staple is a lovely combo of rice and gungo pea that makes for a hearty weeknight meal. Black Onyx shows how you can fix up this favorite in a few simple steps that makes for excellent side dish or vegetarian entrée. You can also tuck... - 63.5647
Jamaican Jerk Pork With Black Beans
Trim fat from tenderloin; cut tenderloin into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Combine thyme, allspice, and ground red pepper.
Sprinkle half of spice mixture over pork slices.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add pork;... - 38.245
Baked Rice & Peas With Chicken
This great tasting, all-time Jamaican dish is relatively simple to make. This traditional Caribbean recipe adds a flavorful addition to your regular dinner table. The video details step-by-step instructions on how to prepare rice and peas at home and team it... - 110.695
Jamaican Rice And Peas
1. In a saucepan, combine the kidney beans, garlic, water and salt. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 1 1/2 hours until tender.
2. Add the coconut milk, black pepper, green onion, thyme, Scotch bonnet pepper, rice and bacon. Stir well.
3. Bring to a boil,... - 28.4739
Jamaican Shrimp And Rice Salad
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; set 1 tablespoon of mixture aside.
Add rice and next 4 ingredients to remaining juice mixture.
Stir well; set aside.
Peel and devein shrimp.
Place shrimp on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and... - 37.5692
Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Mix
Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
To make ahead, store at room temperature up to 6 months.
Makes about 48 teaspoons seasoning mix.
Use to sprinkle or rub over chicken, seafood, meats, or vegetables for grilling or broiling or, use... - 28.4064
Haitian Bean Dish
1. Preheat oven to 250°
2. Boil beans in water for 5 minutes keeping the pan covered.
3. Add salt. Let the beans stand for 60 minutes.
4. Drain the excess liquid and reserve it.
5. In another pan add oil and saute garlic, parsley and... - 44.6176
Green Beans With Onion Paste
Wash the beans.
Trim the ends.
Slice them into fine rounds about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
(This takes a while, so it is best to sit down somewhere with chopping board and sharp knife and do about 8 beans at a time.) Put the onion, garlic, ginger, tomato, and... - 46.62
1. In a large bowl, Season generously with Keith’s Beef & Oxtail Seasoning, and add in soy sauce, massage meat with hands. Allow to marinate overnight or for 1 hour.
2. For making seasoning paste – in a food processor take scallions, garlic... - 105.446
In a mortar, pound to a paste the scallions, parsley, shallots, and hot pepper.
Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat, add seasoning paste, beans, and bouquet garni.
Stir until beans are lightly coated with oil.
Add water, ham hock, and cubed ham and... - 39.2607
Pork Chow Mein
In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add onions and garlic and saute briefly (do not brown).
Add celery and pepper strips and saute until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes; add mushrooms and bean sprouts and saute, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
Add pork,... - 34.879
Jamaican Pork Chops
Take grilled pork chops to a whole new level of flavor by adding two simple ingredients. A very simple recipe that can spice up a weekday dinner! - 80.3567
How To Make Brown Stew Chicken
Want to make something nice and juicy then you must try this recipe. The specialty of this dish is that it is cooked in a pot. So the taste is traditional and original. Check out the video for this useful recipe. - 102.789
Pork And Vegetable In Creamy Tomato Sauce
Do you find everyday cooking is boring and tiring - don’t worry! Here is some easy recipe with pork and vegetables which can be cooked without any hassle. Let it cook, while you watch your favorite TV soap and after an hour or so, when it is ready, you... - 110.552
1. Fry the diced beef without fat in a large flameproof casserole, stirring to seal it on all sides.
2. Stir in the pumpkin, onion and pepper, cook for a further 2 minutes, then add the paprika, garlic and ginger.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and stock, then... - 38.2485
This video shows how to prepare a Malayan favorite eastern salad the tuna kerabu. This is easy to prepare, simple and quickly made. At the same time is tastes fabulous due to mixed aroma from all the spices. - 39.1092
Broiled Beef With Barbecue Sauce
Lay beef on a broiler rack and spread mustard over surface.
Score meat deeply in a diamond pattern.
Season with pepper.
Brush creole barbecue sauce over meat.
Broil 4 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until as done as desired.
When meat is... - 39.5894
Thoroughly wash shanks in cold water; drain.
(If necessary, pull off the parchmentlike covering.) In a dutch oven render the salt pork, and in this fat saute the shanks over high heat until brown on all sides.
Remove dutch oven from heat; add vegetables,... - 43.6915
Caribbean Bean Rice Recipes By Category
Caribbean Bean Rice Dish: