- » Caribbean Appetizer
Caribbean Appetizer Recipes
Enjoy our collection of caribbean appetizer recipes submitted, reviewed and rated by ifood.tv community. Meet people who are looking for caribbean appetizer recipes.
Hearty Caribbean Black Beans Soup
For all the lovers of homemade soup, this is a right choice. The black bean soup is delicious as well as nutritious and when cooked in Caribbean style, it packs with it the tropical flavor. - 120.529
Beef Pepperpot Stew With Spillers Dumpling
This is the time to taste an incredibly delicious Caribbean stew. Beef pepperpot stew with Spillars dumpling is a fantastic dish which anybody would want after a long hectic day. Prepared by using beef, butternut squash, sweet potatoes and a variety of... - 115.008
Delectable dumpling !!! An easy video to prepare Caribbean style oxtail dumpling. This amazingly easy recipe combine the goodness of special seasoning made from scallions, onion, garlic, thyme and clove. A delicious, oxtail dumpling slowly cooked gives a... - 113.4
Elba's Sancocho-caribbean Soup
1. In pot heat water, add in onion, tomatoes, peppers and salt. Boil for few minutes.
2. Add in meat pieces, stir and bring to boil. Turn the heat to medium high. Simmer for 90 minutes.
3. Add root vegetables to the pot – squash, yautia blanca,... - 101.583
Caribbean Salt Cod Fritters
Join Stephanie, The Posh Pescatarian, on a tour of the beautiful Caribbean Islands as she makes one of her favorite island seafood recipes - salt cod fritters using pacific salt cod. These delicious morsels are also known as "acara" and "stamp 'n go". You... - 99.6464
Guyanese Style Soup
If the weather is pretty chill out there, then you might wanna make this Guyanese Style Soup. This soup is an winter essential. It has a lot of Caribbean flavors going in there. You might just find this soup very toothsome. Watch and learn from this video.... - 95.3364
Cuban Style Plantanos Maduro
Would you like to try an innovative recipe today? Just hit the play button and watch chef Elba prepare this wonderful Cuban Style Plantanos Maduro now. You will have to stock up the ingredients as you will be preparing this dish quite often. - 93.4567
Smoked Caribbean Style Key Lime Party Wings
Smoked chicken wings make great party appetizers. Pep up you party menu with these zesty smoked chicken wings that would leave your guests finger licking. The video would certainly help you manage to add a special touch to your party menu. Take a look….. - 85.4585
Easy Seared Scallops
Hello seafood lovers. You are in for a surprise today. Check out the lip smacking Scallops. A great recipe of scallops prepared by searing. Chef Jenny has done a great job in prepareing this for you. - 78.4003
Yams make for hearty soups. This slow-cooker dish perfected with seasonings and additives is indeed irresistible. For a great tasting yam soup recipe, follow the step-by-step instructions on the same. A great way to fill up your stomach on hungry evenings. - 74.3511
Appetizing Creamy Carrot Dill Soup - Part 2: Preparation Cont.
Fall is the time to gorge on bright, sweet carrots and this dish definitely allows you to enjoy the most of this edible root. Rich and creamy, it’s amazing to see how a handful of ingredients can transform a staple like soup into a sheer delicacy. Try this... - 73.9567
Appetizing Creamy Carrot Dill Soup - Part 1: Preparation
Soups are meant to be hearty, and this recipe is sure one. Bright flavors of carrots merged with palate-pleasing flavors of dill lend this heart-warming soup much of its character. Lip-smackingly good, when served either hot or cold, this delectable soup is... - 72.7514
Pasta Cole Slaw
1) In Dutch oven boil water. Add macaroni, cooking oil and first amount of salt. Cook uncovered 5 to 7 minutes until just tender.
2) Drain out from the liquid.
3) Rinse under cold water and drain again.
4) Transfer macaroni back to pot.
5) Mix... - 50.1128
Pan Seared Scallop Salad
To make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, and oil.
Season with the salt and pepper.
To make the salad: In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, cucumbers, tomatoes, and shallots.
Add half of the... - 49.4972
Caribbean Pasta Salad With Tropical Island Dressing
1) In a bowl, combine allspice, beans, juice concentrate, cover, and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2) Drain and discard the liquid from the beans.
3) Cook pasta, drain, rinse in cold water, and keep aside.
4) In a pan, heat oil and... - 49.2094
Caribbean Fish Soup
1. In a saucepan, combine the onions with sweet pepper, tomatoes, hot red pepper sauce, herbs, stock, and white wine.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat.
3. Stir in the potatoes.
4. Simmer the mixture, partially covered, for about 15... - 48.464
Potato Cake Stacks With Tuna
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the filling by combining sour cream, cheese and tuna. Season the mix with black pepper according to taste. Keep the bowl aside.
2) Take another medium bowl to combine potatoes, chives, flour, yogurt and egg.... - 48.3338
1. To make the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
2. With a fork, whisk until well blended.
3. Refrigerate for 1 hour for flavors to intensify.
4. In a large bowl, combine ingredients for the salad except the salad greens.... - 48.0434
Soup De Poisson Victoria
Skin and fillet the sole and shell the scampi, prawns or shrimps, if necessary.
Saute the shells and fish trimmings with a knob of the butter, then add the water and simmer for no longer than 20 minutes.
Strain the stock, return to a clean pan and bring to... - 47.4072
Sine Spice Roast Duck
1. For the marination, in a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and apply it liberally all over the duck; this duck needs to be refrigerator for at least eight hours, preferably overnight
2. Heat a pan to medium heat and place... - 47.3533
Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs
Thinking for a way to pep up your outdoor party, this Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs can alone make the party happening. Yes, fire up the grill and let your friends take turns in making the Caribbean Corned Beef Kabobs; believe me the fun is great. - 47.2897
Caribbean Cabbage Soup
1)Soak dried shrimp in white wine for atleast 30 minutes.
2)In a saucepan, heat oil.
3) Saute onion and ginger for a minute.
4)Tip in the potatoes,... - 47.2299
1) Preheat oven hot to 325 degrees.
2) With a knife remove extra fat from body and neck cavities of duck.
3) Rub the inside with salt.
4) In a saucepan mix onion, celery flakes, sugar, cinnamon, aniseed, 1/3 cup soy sauce and 1 cup water... - 46.7085
Lobster Gratin In Pineapple Shell
1. Halve the pineapple lengthwise with the crown.
2. Scoop out the flesh with a sharp knife and cut into small cubes. Keep aside
3. Leave the pineapple shells to drain.
4. Wash and tie the lobsters with kitchen string to fold tails inside.
5.... - 46.6533
Roast Plum Duck Puffs
1) In a deep dish, mix the ginger, with soy sauce and plum sauce.
2) Add in honey and oil with duck leags.
3) Mix well in order... - 46.5859
Herbed Chicken Liver Pate
1. Lightly grease a 2 1/2-cup crock or terrine or 8 small ramekins
2. In a large skillet, melt half the butter over a medium-low flame.
3. Add onion and garlic to the fat when it begins to froth.
4. SautÃ© for about 10 minutes or... - 46.089
1) Take a bowl and break the tuna in it.
2) Mix it with mayonnaise, beaten egg, chopped onion, bread crumbs, consommé, mixed spice and chopped parsley.
3) Keep the mixture refrigerated for 15 minutes.
4) Fashion the mixture into balls and coat with... - 45.8211
Curried Tuna Salad
1. Drain the tuna and flake. Keep aside.
2. Remove crown from pineapple by twisting.
3. Slice off the shell.
4. Slice the pineapple, crosswise into 4 (1-inch) thick roundels. Reserve remaining for another use.
5. Core and cut apple into... - 45.5486
1) On a double sheet of greaseproof paper, place the peanuts.
2) On high power, cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Toss the nuts in between by lifting the edges of the paper gently. Remove one nut with a spoon and let cool for a while to test the flavor.
3) In a... - 45.4977
Kidney D' Amour
1) Remove the bacon rind and slice the bacon rashers into 2-3 pieces.
2) Roll up each piece of bacon rasher and secure with cocktail picks.
3) Immerse the kidneys in lukewarm water for 30 minutes.
4) Drain thoroughly, pat dry, remove and... - 45.2925
1. Clean duck and keep.it whole.
2. Grind ginger, garlic and pepper.
3. Apply on duck and prick with a fork to let the spices seep in.
4. Marinade in vinegar for half an hour.
5. Heat butter and oil in a large strong-bottom pan.
6. Add sliced onions, ground... - 45.2369
1.Ina pan, heat water and add fish bones, mushrooms, parsley and onion and cook unti boiled.
2.Let the ingredients boil for 3 minutes.
3.Drain and take out fat deposits if any.
4.Dice the carrot, celery, leek and tomatoes into pieces of an inch.
5.In a... - 45.1734
Pan Broiled Shrimp Kabobs
1. Soak eight to twelve bamboo skewers in cold water
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
3. Place tomatoes in a roasting pan, and roast for about 30 minutes in hot oven until the skins have blistered and shriveled.
4. Sprinkle sugar and salt... - 45.0977
Cabbage And Tuna Pirog
Make hot-roll mix according to directions on the box.
Cook cabbage and onion in butter until wilted.
Add tuna, flaked, and dillweed.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
After dough has risen, divide into halves and roll each half into a rectangle about 9 x... - 45.0811
1. Drain the tuna and set aside.
2. Lightly grease a 1-quart mold or a 4-cup bowl with oil.
3. In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and beat well until smooth.
4. Add the onion, parsley, seasoning, catsup, and horseradish. Blend... - 45.0781
Fillets Of Sole In Court Bouillon
To prepare court bouillon, put first 6 ingredients in skillet and bring to boil.
Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add fish and poach for about 10 minutes.
Remove fish to a shallow broilerproof casserole; reduce liquid to 1 cup.
In top part of double boiler melt 2... - 44.8777
Caribbean Chicken With Limes
Place chicken in shallow glass or plastic dish; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
Pour lime juice over chicken.
Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
Heat oil in Dutch oven or 12-inch skillet until hot.
Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on all sides, about... - 44.8723
Molded Chicken Liver Pate
In a small pan, soften gelatin in the 1/4 cup water.
Add consomme and heat, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Pour into a 2 1/2 to 3-cup mold; chill until firm.
Cover livers with water; bring to a boil and simmer for about 20... - 44.7448
1. Drain tuna and flake into chunks, removing bones and skin if any.
2. Grease 4 ramekin cups or gratin dishes
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
4. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion to the butter when hot and sautÃ© them until limp,... - 44.6083
Velvety Chicken Liver Pate
In a medium skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter.
Add chicken livers; saute 2 minutes.
Add onion, apple, salt and pepper.
Cook and stir over medium heat about 5 minutes until apple softens.
Stir in brandy and cream.
Spoon mixture into blender or food... - 44.1993
1) In a small non-aluminium mixing bowl, combine together the apricot spread, hoisin sauce, 2 teaspoons of lime juice and the gingerroot. Stir well to combine.
2) Add the shrimp next and turn well to coat with the marinade.
3) Cover the bowl and... - 44.1539
Tuna And Eggplant Kabobs
1. In a glass or ceramic bowl, combine the marinade ingredients and stir well.
2. Add tuna cubes to the marinade and mix well to coat
3. Let marinate for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally to keep the fish coated with the marinade.
4. Soak... - 44.0152
1)Set potatoes to bake in the hot oven.
2)In a small bowl, keep avocado pieces in lime juice to avoid them getting decolorised.
3)Add in tomato and prawns. Mix.
4)In a separate small bowl, mix together, tomato puree, Tabasco, yogurt, lime zest and... - 43.9937
Cook and stir beef in shortening in 4-quart Dutch oven until brown, about 15 minutes.
Add 1 1/2 cups water, the broth and pepper.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer until beef is tender, 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
Cover and refrigerate no longer than 48... - 43.9448
Chop tomatoes and drain well.
Mix with next 4 ingredients.
Remove crusts from bread and toast slices.
Cut toast into quarters and butter each piece.
Spread with tuna mixture and cover with dressing.
Sprinkle a drop of Worcestershire on each.
Makes 16. - 43.9399
Cantonese Roast Duck
Combine dry marinade ingredients in a small bowl and rub on outside of duck.
Place duck in a pan.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place a wok or wide frying pan over high heat until hot.
Add oil, swirling to coat sides.
Add garlic, ginger, and green onions... - 43.9071
Spiced Prawns With Coriander Mayonnaise
1. Gently mix in lime juice and coriander in to the mayonnaise and chill till serving.
2. In a bowl, mix the cumin, chilli powder, crushed chillies according to taste, and lime zest.
3. When the spices are mixed, add in breadcrumbs,... - 43.7947
Caribbean Dip With Lime Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside to when required
3. In a small bowl, mix together the lime peel, lime juice, honey, oil and salt.
4. With a small brush, wipe the mixture on to... - 43.7696
Caribbean Style Black Bean Soup
1) In 4 quarts of water, soak the beans overnight and drain the next day.
2) In a slow cooker, combine together the beans, onions, garlic, green pepper, ham, cumin, oil, oregano, salt, thyme, pepper and 3 cups of fresh water. Mix well.
3) Cover the... - 43.7538
Marinated Pineapple Wedges
1) In a 2-cup glass measure, combine together the water, apple juice, lime juice and rind and allspice.
2) Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 2 ½ to 3 minutes, till boiling.
3) Let the mixture cool for a bit and then add the liqueur. Stir well and set... - 43.7202
Tempting Tuna Cakes
1. Drain tuna and flake into chunks, removing bones and skin if any.
2. Spread crumbs on plate and keep aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the flaked tuna with remaining ingredients except the oil and breadcrumbs.
4. Mix lightly but... - 43.6801
1) In a slow cooker, add the carrots, potatoes, meat, beef broth, salt , pepper, herbs, onion powder and celery stalk.
2) Stir the ingredients to mix well.
3) Cover and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
4) During the last 1/2... - 43.47
Crudites With Caribbean Dip
1) For the dip, in a pan, add coconut and water and slowly boil while stirring.
2) Add in the chilli powder, cumin and coriander, then the garlic and peanut butter.
3) Without boiling, allow to cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Take off the heat and... - 43.2677
Roast Duck With Port And Chestnut Sauce
Bring water to boil in small saucepan.
Add raisins and simmer until plumped, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to small bowl, add Port and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Season ducks with salt and pepper.
Heat butter with oil in heavy... - 43.0477
Roast Duck In Spicy Sauce
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Pierce duck all over with fork and place on rack in roasting pan.
Pour boiling water into pan and roast duck 45 minutes.
Remove pan from oven and pour off accumulated fat and juices.
Return to oven and roast until duck is cooked, about... - 42.7981
Seafood Saffron Soup
Put the onions and potatoes in a pan, add the milk and stock and bring to the boil.
Cook for 15 minutes, until soft.
Cool slightly, then sieve or work in an electric blender until smooth.
Cut the fish into 4 cm (1 1/2 inch) pieces.
Return the soup to the pan... - 42.6473
Cinnamon Scented Roast Duck Salad In Egg Flour Wrappers
Preheat oven to 450F (230C).
Trim excess fat from duck in neck area and near tail.
Place duck on a rack in a heavy roasting pan.
If using lemongrass, remove tough outer stalks.
Crush remaining portion of stalks; cut in 3-inch pieces.
In a wok or a large... - 42.5404
Spiced Orange Flowers
Cream butter and sugar and add rind, egg, and juice, beating until light.
Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
Chill if necessary to make stiff enough to roll.
Then roll to 1/8 inch thickness and cut with 2-inch diamond-shape cutter.
Put on... - 42.3628
Caribbean Croque Monsieur
1) Preheat the broiler.
2) Trim the bread crusts, if desired, then spread butter on one side of each slice. On a waxed paper covered surface, place the 2 slices of bread with the buttered side down.
3) Spread the slices evenly with... - 41.7127
Fruit And Nut Stuffed Roast Duck
Combine wine and 1/4 cup honey in small saucepan and bring to simmer.
Add apricots and set sauce aside.
Combine next 10 ingredients in large bowl.
Drain apricots (reserve liquid), add to bowl and toss lightly.
Stuff duck as full as possible; set remaining... - 41.6812
In 5-qt casserole combine onion, garlic, celery, water and bouillon; cover.
Microwave at High 4 to 6 minutes, or until onion is tender, stirring after half the cooking time.
Stir in wine, tomato juice, fish, tomato wedges and seasonings; cover.
Microwave at... - 41.5094
Seafood Louie Salad
1) Take a medium sized mixing bowl and mix the scallions, celery, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, vinegar and pepper together with the crabmeat.
2) Refrigerate the mixture with cover on.
3) Place the lettuce on a... - 41.414
Corn Festival Fritters
1) Mix together the dry ingredients.
2) Combine rest of the ingredients and mix with the dry ingredients.
3) Heat oil until it registers a temperature of 375°F and drop tablespoonfuls of batter into it.
4) Fry the fritters until they turn golden... - 40.7992
Tangerine Sauced Roast Duck
Remove duckling neck and giblets.
Reserve liver for other uses, if desired; set aside neck and remaining giblets for use in sauce.
Discard lumps of fat.
Rinse duckling inside and out and pat dry.
With a fork, prick skin all over at 1-inch intervals.
Place... - 40.5397
Chicken Liver Pate
1. In a large frying pan melt 50 g / 2 oz of the butter over a moderate heat to form foam, add the garlic and stir for 2-3 minutes on low heat such that softened and not colored.
2. To the frying pan add chicken livers on moderate heat tossing... - 40.5044
Roast Duck Breasts With Braised Beetroot
Cut the beetroot into thin slices.
Melt the butter with the sugar and vinegar in a pan.
When the sugar has dissolved, add the beetroot and toss to coat.
Season, then cover with a crumpled piece of greaseproof paper.
Simmer gently over a low heat for 45... - 40.396
Prawn And Avocado Pate
1. Melt butter for 40 seconds on high.
2. Add flour and cook for 1 minute on high.
3. Stir in milk. Cook 3-4 minutes on high,until sauce boils.
4. Stir in sour cream.
5. Blend sauce with avocado until smooth.
6. Dissolve gelatine in water and cook for 20... - 40.1754
Calypso Prawn Cocktail Salad
Calypso Prawns Cocktail salad, is refreshing salad with fresh prawns and tangy cocktail dressing. A salad that you would love to have on your dinner menu. Mildly flavored prawns, with a creamy and tangy dressing makes it a winner!!! - 40.1044
Caribbean Steak Kabobs
1. Slice meat across grain into 1/4-inch strips.
2. Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger; mix well and pour over meat strips in a large shallow dish. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, turning meat once.
3. Remove meat from marinade, reserving marinade.... - 40.0891
1 In a saucepan, combine soup, milk, and lime juice.
2 Blend thoroughly.
3 Heat, stirring occasionally.
4 Place in the refrigerator and chill for at least 6 hours.
5 Blend in banana and grapes.
6 Serve garnished with lime rind and... - 39.7016
Molded Spicy Cranberry Salad
Simmer cranberries, water, and spices covered until cranberry skins pop, 5-7 minutes; discard spice bag.
Puree cranberries and cooking liquid, a little at a time, in an electric blender at low speed or put through a food mill.
Return to pan, stir in sugar,... - 39.6479
Caribbean Chicken And Papaya Kebabs
Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours.
Remove chicken from bowl, reserving marinade.
Bring marinade to a boil in a small saucepan.
Thread chicken and papaya alternately onto 2 (10-inch)... - 39.3374
Beef Stew Using Onion Stew Mix
Set Power Select at HIGH.
In 4-quart casserole dish, combine beef, 1 1/2 cups water, soup mix, bay leaf and carrot.
Heat, covered, 7 to 8 minutes.
Set Power Select at LOW.
Heat, covered, 55 to 60 minutes or until beef and carrots are tender, stirring... - 39.1994
Tuna Fish Mound
Combine the ingredients and mix well.
Spoon into a round 3-cup mold or bowl.
When ready to use, turn out on a plate.
Decorate with sliced stuffed ' olives.
Surround with crackers.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. - 38.9743
1. Halve the papaya and remove the seeds.
2. Scoop out the flesh and chop.
3. Half fill the shells with cottage cheese and arrange the chopped flesh around it.
4. Top with a mound of fresh, peeled shrimp and decorate with a few fresh prawn tails.
5.... - 38.7145
Place shortening in kettle, then add meat that has been coated with flour; brown well.
Add water, pepper & 2 teaspoons salt.
Simmer until meat is nearly tender (about 90 minutes).
Add all other ingredients; simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are... - 38.6332
Beef Stew With Brown Gravy Mix
1) In a 2 to 3-quart casserole, place the beef cubes and sprinkle with the salt.
2) Stir the gravy mix in 1 cup water and pour over the beef.
3) Cover and cook for about 25 minutes in the microwave or until the beef is almost tender.
4) Stir in the... - 38.6083
Beef Stew With Marjoram
In 3-qt casserole combine all ingredients except water and cornstarch.
In 1-cup measure blend water and cornstarch; stir into casserole.
Microwave at High 10 minutes.
Reduce power to 50% (Medium).
Microwave 45 to 60 minutes, or until meat is fork... - 38.5964
Creole Style Red Bean Soup With Shrimp
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add the scallions, bell pepper, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, adding some of the broth, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the pan gets dry.
Stir in the... - 38.5897
Herbed Cream Cheese
1) In a bowl, blend together garlic, onion, salt, and mustard.
2) Blend in cream cheese and cream until smooth.
3) Stir in lemon juice, olives, thyme, Tabasco, mayonnaise and blend well.
4) Garnish with parsley or chives.
5) Serve with seafood or raw... - 38.5674
My younger sister Galy loves this unique coconut shrimp recipe. Actually, she is crazy about cooking. When she comes home during holidays, she generally cook this coconut shrimp. It is very delicious and my whole family enjoys it. You must try this coconut... - 38.4065
Quick Crab Chowder
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion and celery and saute until softened, about 15 minutes.
Add all remaining ingredients except sherry and parsley and continue cooking until heated through, stirring frequently about 15 minutes.
Stir in... - 38.2938
Lobster Salad Tropicale
1. Mix the lobster meat, the grapefruit and the avocado together. Add the next three ingredients and mix well again
2. Add salt to taste and season well
3. Serve cold on lettuce greens - 38.1793
Crab & Rice Chowder
Heat oil in a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and thyme; cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to brown (about 8 minutes).
Add broccoli and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until broccoli turns bright green and begins... - 37.9516
Roast Duck With Apples And Apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Wash the duck and trim away any excess fat. Place on a wire rack over a roasting tin (pan) and prick all over with a fork.
2. Brush the duck with the soy sauce. Sprinkle over the sugar and season with pepper.... - 37.7708
Cut fish in bite-size pieces.
Mix marinade ingredients together, season with salt and pepper then stir in fish; leave 2 to 3 hours.
To make Thousand Island Sauce, put all ingredients in a small bowl and mix together.
Season with salt and pepper, then spoon... - 37.5872
Jerk Chicken Salad
1. In a screw-top jar combine oil, lime juice, thyme, and honey; cover and shake well. Remove 1 tablespoon dressing. Set remaining dressing aside. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Brush the chicken and plantain or red bananas with the 1 tablespoon reserved... - 37.4314
1. In a large sauce pan, heat water until boiling. Add cauliflower and return to boil. Cook 2 minutes. Cut up any large pieces. Add cream, scallions and pimento. Heat and stir just until boiling (do not boil).
2. Add crab, cream cheese, salt, pepper and... - 37.3629
Fresh Vegetable Platter
1. Wash vegetables and cook immediately.
2. In a 4-quart casserole or in a serving platter, place the vegetables.
3. Cover it with a lid or plastic wrap.
4. Cook on High for 12 to 14 minutes; turn once.
5. Cover and let stand for 5... - 37.3305
Chicken Caribbe has a Incredible taste. The Lemon Flavour and Tangy gives the Chicken Caribbe Refreshing taste. - 37.1272
1) In a bowl add China tea and pour boiling water over it.
2) Add very thinly pared rind of lemon and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
3) In a saucepan pass the mix through muslin.
4) Add sugar and stir to dissolve over low heat.
5) Stir in rum and... - 37.0065
Caribbean Shrimp Salad
1. Wash and dry lettuce and finely shred them.
2. Take 4 to 6 salad plates and divide the shredded lettuce.
3. On the lettuce arrange avocado and mango slices, slightly overlapping, in a fan shape.
4. Into a medium bowl spoon dressing and stir in... - 36.9553
Chefette Fruit Plates
1 On six individual serving plates,mound lettuce, dividing evenly.
2 Alternate avocado and tomato slices in a ring around the edge.
3 Top with a papaya slice, and strips of ham and cheese.
4 Garnish with a stuffed salad egg.
4 Serve... - 36.3893
Place crab, lobster, shrimp and tomatoes on the layer of mixed greens.
Serve the salad garnished with olives and pimiento, mixed with French Dressing. - 36.2753
Wash the duck and remove the neck, gizzard, and giblets.
Sprinkle the cavity with a little pepper.
Stuff the cavity with about 1/3 of the vegetables.
Tie the legs together so the vegetables won't fall out.
To remove much of the duck fat, place the whole duck... - 35.8394
Mustard Greens & Millet Soup
In a 5- to 6-quart pan, bring broth, garlic, and millet to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until millet is tender to bite, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, wash mustard greens well and pat dry.
Stack leaves and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch... - 35.7335
Grilled Fruit Kabobs
Soak 12 (10-inch) wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
In small bowl, combine sour cream, apricot preserves and 1 tablespoon steak sauce; set aside.
Thread fruit pieces onto skewers.
In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons steak sauce with... - 34.9763
1. Cut lobster tails into 1 cm/ 1/2 in thick medallions and set aside.
2. Arrange radicchio and lettuce leaves, sprouts or watercress, orange segments, strawberries and lobster attractively on a serving platter. Cover and refrigerate.
3. To make dressing,... - 34.9317
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, spring onions and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the chilli, turmeric and thyme and stir over a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the okra, then add the callaloo or spinach... - 34.8464
Caribbean Appetizer Recipes By Category
Caribbean Appetizer Course: