- » Cardamom
Cardamom is an ancient spice that is obtained from a ginger-like plant. Cardamom has small black seeds enclosed in a pod. Small cardamom is green in color while big cardamom is dark brown in color. It has a rough ... More »
1. In a large bowl, combine warm water, sugar, salt and dry yeast and mix well till sugar and yeast is completely dissolved.
2. Add eggs, butter and 2 ½ cups of flour and beat at medium speed, using an electric beater till mixture turns smooth.... - 49.1696
Cardamom Pecan Slice
1. Lightly grease a 23 cm (9 inch) round microware flan or other straight-sided dish
2. Line the greased dish with baking parchment
3. In the middle of the tin, place a 7.5 cm (3 inch) round drinking glass.
4. Sift the icing sugar
5. In... - 48.1227
1. Mix sugar, water and lime juice. Keep on fire and cook to one-thread consistency. Add ghee, remove from fire, and sprinkle cardamom powder over.
2. Cool slightly and add the warm syrup to the avalos powder.
3. Mix well and shape into small balls, the size... - 47.6915
Cardamom Toasted Popcorn Mix
1) Preheat the oven to 250Â°F.
2) In a 2-quart bowl, mix the popcorn, cereals and fruit, keep aside.
3) In a small saucepan, mix the water, sugar, margarine and cardamom together.
4) Stir continuously, bring to a boil and cook for 1... - 47.0625
Cardamom Orange Slices
Beat butter and shortening in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
Add brown sugar, cardamom, orange peel, baking soda, and salt.
Beat until combined.
Add egg and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
Beat in as much of the... - 46.9036
1 Preheat the oven to 350°Fahrenheit.
2 Allow the milk to cool to lukewarm.
3 Add in crumbled yeast and stir to dissolve.
4 Mix in egg, sugar, salt and spices.
5 Gradually beat in flour, mixing to a moderately stiff dough.... - 46.4802
1) Take a large mixing bowl and mix yeast, 3/4 cup of the flour, and cardamom.
2) Warm milk, butter or margarine, sugar, and salt. Stir in between. Pour it into dry mixture.
3) Add egg to this mixture and beat at low speed for 30 seconds and then at... - 44.4317
Traditional Wassail Bowl
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Wash apples and place in baking dish.
3. Roast in the preheated oven 45 minutes.
4. In a pan combine water, sugar, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, coriander seed, cardamom, mace and lemon rind,... - 44.296
Beat the egg yolks, white sugar and brandy together until thick and creamy.
Stir the cream in slowly.
Sift the flour and cardamom together and stir into batter.
Wrap the soft dough in wax paper and chill several hours or overnight.
On floured board roll... - 43.1563
Saute onion in oil in skillet over medium-low heat until brown.
Add cardamom, stirring until coated with oil.
Saute for 2 minutes.
Stir in stock.
Bring to a boil.
Add cumin seeds, turmeric and rice; mix well.
Simmer for 10 minutes.
Add up to 1/2 cup water;... - 43.083
Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice
1) Rinse and drain rice in a sieve or colander.
2) Rinse and pat dry the scallops.
3) Take a heavy saucepan and melt 2 teaspoons butter on medium heat.
4) Now, add 5 cardamom pods, 2 teaspoons orange peel, rice, and 2 teaspoons chives.... - 42.1671
Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice
Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice has a Outstanding tasteThe Butter and Orange juice gives the Scallops With Cardamom Orange Rice Stimulating taste. - 41.5694
Cream first six ingredients together until fluffy, then add remaining ingredients sifted together.
Chill dough until firm enough to roll.
Cut in 4 pieces and roll each on a floured board to less than 1/4 inch thick.
Cut with a floured doughnut cutter.
Place... - 41.4435
Cardamom Coffee Braid
Heat milk in saucepan until warm; add yeast.
Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until dissolved.
Add sugar, eggs, butter, salt and cardamom seed.
Add flour to make stiff dough; knead until smooth.
Let rise until doubled in bulk.
Divide into 3 equal portions;... - 41.3763
Mix coconut, sugar, jaggery and cardamom powder.
Cook till blended.
Cool and reserve.
Mix flour, beaten eggs, milk, salt and baking powder.
Stir to avoid lumps.
Make a batter of spreading consistency, adding water if needed.
Heat a non-stick pan and smear... - 40.8055
Cardamom And Coriander Rice
1) In a saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat.
2) Now add the rice, cardamom pods, and cayenne pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes, mixing all the while.
3) Keep observing to ensure that rice does not stick or burn.
4) Mix in 3 1/4 cups... - 39.4444
Cardamom Orange Carrots
1. Remove the skin of the carrots and slice them very thinly using food processor or hand.
2. Take a saucepan and boil water in it. Add the sliced carrots and cook them until they turn crispy soft. Or steam the carrots. This process takes about 5-8... - 39.3243
Cook carrot strips in a small amount of boiling water 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Drain and plunge into cold water; drain well.
Combine cornstarch and vermouth; stir well.
Combine cornstarch mixture, butter, and next 4 ingredients in a... - 38.2796
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cardamom onto waxed paper.
2. Cream butter or margarine with brown sugar until fluffy-light in a large bowl; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, alternately with sour cream,... - 37.3531
Mutton In Cardamoms
Grind the cardamoms with their pods.
Heat the ghee on a moderate fire and gently brown the ground cardamom.
Put in the meat and keep stirring briskly; when it begins to stick to the pan, add ginger, salt, coriander and pepper powders.
Stir briskly for two or... - 36.9802
Sweet Cardamom Potatoes
1 Preheat the oven to 190Â°C, 375Â°F,gas.
2 Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them thinly.
In a bowl, mix together the orange juice, grated orange rind and honey.
3 Arrange the potato slices and onion rings in alternate layers in a well-greased... - 36.9273
Cardamom And Orange Duck
Are you looking for a food lovers delight Cardamom And Orange Duck recipe? The delicious Chinese Cardamom And Orange Duck is mostly prepared with duckling as the main ingredient. It is a nice dish to be prepared within 70 minutes. This Cardamom And Orange... - 36.8739
Prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions.
Add the margarine, cardamom and raisins and mix well.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 1 minute, then divide in thirds.
Roll each... - 35.7175
Scrape the coconut finely.
Make a syrup with the jaggery and 1 cup water of a thick consistency.
Add the coconut scrapings.
Cook till smooth.
Add the cashewnuts and raisins.
Add cardamom powder.
Remove and cool the mixture.
With a little water,... - 35.0574
In mixer bowl, cream powdered sugar and butter till light and fluffy.
Beat in egg yolk.
Stir together flour, nuts, and cardamom.
Blend into creamed mixture.
Pinch off a small ball (about 2 1/2 teaspoons) of dough; place in center of a 2 1/2-inch sand cookie... - 35.0159
Measure lukewarm water into mixing bowl.
Add 2 tsp.sugar and stir until dissolved.
Sprinkle yeast over water and let stand 10 minutes.
Scald milk and cool to lukewarm.
Add to yeast mixture along with 1/2 cup sugar, salt, cardamom, eggs, butter - 34.6091
Cardamom Spiced Nuts
In 10-inch skillet melt butter; stir in nuts and 1/2 cup sugar.
Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is melted and nuts are browned and caramelized (8 to 12 minutes).
Meanwhile, in large bowl combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cardamom.
Stir... - 34.5719
Cardamom And Orange Duck
1. Remove meat from duck and cut into bite-sized pieces - reserve bones, skin and as many of the juices as possible. Place reserved bones, skin and juices, stock, chillies, galangal or ginger, lemon grass, coriander stems and roots, cardamom pods, lime leaves... - 33.9422
Carrots With Orange And Cardamom
A perfect accompaniment to amy main course, this Carrots With Orange And Cardamom is such a delicious treat to indulge in. Cardamom and orange flavoring so well compliments the veggie uses that makes it a must to master recipe. Give this simple and easy to... - 33.7407
Carrot With Cardamom
Cut the carrot into small chunks and cook gently, uncovered, in the butter and milk or single cream until soft.
Blend the cool, softened carrots, coated in butter and milk or cream, with the remaining ingredients. - 33.121
Pears Baked With Cardamom
Preheat the oven to moderate 350°F (Gas Mark 4, 180°C).
Cut the pears into slices.
Arrange them in a shallow ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the sugar.
Pour the liqueur over the top, then sprinkle over the cardamom.
Place the dish in the oven and bake for... - 32.8639
Prepare hot-roll mix according to package directions; add butter, cardamom, and raisins; mix well.
Cover; let rise in warm place till double (about 1 hour).
On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 1 minute; divide in thirds.
Roll each third under hands... - 31.5026
Cardamom Fruit Medley
Use sufficient grape juice to cover.
Place in pan with prunes (add extra grape juice if necessary to cover fruit), sugar, cardamon and lemon rind.
Cover and simmer gentiy until fruit is tender.
Remove fruit from liquid, continue cooking until thick and... - 30.6959
Nariyal Ka Payas
Grate the coconut and grind to extract 3 cups of thick milk.
Grind further, adding 1 cup water and extract one cup of thin milk.
Grind the rice coarsely and cook in the thin milk till done, adding water if needed.
Add the thick milk and cook... - 30.6083
Bring sugar, water, wine, vanilla, and cardamom to a boil in a saucepan.
Boil 5 minutes.
Turn to simmer.
Add the peaches, cover, and simmer 10-20 minutes, depending on ripeness of fruit.
To test, pierce fruit with tip of small knife. - 29.5991
Chatpate Mithe Kele
Peel and slice bananas lengthwise and smear with lemon juice to avoid discolouring.
Heat oil and deep fry bananas till golden.
Drain thoroughly and arrange on a plate. Add 1/4 cup water to the sugar and heat over a low flame till the syrup is golden... - 27.8135
Cardamom Coffee is a delicious beverage that you would love to prepare on a winter night. Try this Cardamom Coffee; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this! - 24.2157
Beat whipping cream, brown sugar and cardamom in chilled small bowl on high speed just until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
Fold in sour cream. - 23.094
Cardamom Recipes By Category