- » Caponata
Caponata is a sicilian vegetable salad dish, which is commonly used as a side dish with various fish dishes or as an appetizer in Italy. Recently, this dish is also being used as main course in some places. The key ... More »
Caponata - Italian
The caponata is a traditional Sicilian side dish made with eggplants, celery, tomatoes, onions, capers, olives and basil, with a distinctive sweet and sour flavor... you can't miss it! - 129.265
Tuna Steak With Caponata
How about a typical Italian dish to go with your tuna steaks? In this video, chef is showing how to sear tuna steaks in a pan and make caponata in Italian style. He is making caponata with basil, garlic, capers, sugar and white vinegar. The best part of the... - 98.446
Grilled Swordfish With Eggplant Caponata
Try this grilled swordfish recipe. This grilled swordfish with eggplant caponata makes for a simple yet elegant lunch. Served with wine this exotic grilled swordfish is a simply great. - 93.8327
Caponata - Eggplant In A Sweet And Sour Sauce
The caponata is a traditional Sicilian dish which consists of eggplants! A dish that is simple and tastefully made in this video! Simple instructions and simple techniques to get this going! See the video for more! - 92.8481
1) Cut each sliced eggplant further into 1/2-inch thick cubes.
2) In a heavy skillet add 5 tablespoons of oil.
3) When the oil turns hot, add the cubed eggplant and saute till it is cooked completely.
3) Remove the eggplant pieces from... - 48.1422
1. Heat the oven to 375Â°F.
2. On the oven rack place one of the eggplants, roast it turning occasionally, until it is very soft, approximately 40 minutes.
3. Remove the eggplant from the oven, peel off the skin and with a spoon,... - 47.6881
1) Slice the capsicums into thin strips.
2) Coarsely chop the aubergines without peeling them.
3) In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in the aubergines and green capsicums, sauteing on low flame for about 15 minutes.
4)... - 47.481
Saute the onions and celery in oil until just golden.
Add the eggplant strips and saute lightly, tossing them well with the onions and celery.
Add the tomatoes and cook down, uncovered.
Do not let the vegetables overcook.
Season with salt and pepper to taste... - 47.0265
1. In a five quart Dutch oven, place the oil and heat the oil on medium heat
2. Add the onions and sautÃ© the onions till they are transparent
3. Add the garlic, eggplant to the pan and sautÃ© again till lightly browned
4. Add tomatoes, tomato... - 46.1866
1) Chop the tomatoes coarsely
2) Core the bell pepper and discard the seeds, and slice.
3) Rinse the capers under cold water.
4) Rinse the fish under cold water.
Angel Hair Pasta
5) In a covered pot, bring the water to a boil.
6) Stir in fresh... - 46.122
Caponata Siciliana Pickled Eggplant
Peel the eggplants and cut them into 1-inch cubes.
Heat 1 cup of the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan.
Cook the eggplant in it until it is soft and brown, stirring constantly.
Remove the eggplant with a slotted spoon to a dish and reserve.
Add the... - 45.7962
Caponata Using Olives
Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add celery and cook, stirring often, until tender.
Remove celery from pan with a slotted spoon and reserve.
Place eggplant in pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until eggplant is lightly... - 45.7659
Caponata is a salad of Sicilian origin, made with cooked vegetables. It is really easy to make and has a taste that stands out. Try this Caponata recipe for your next family dinner and let me know how they liked it. - 45.5894
1) Wash the eggplants and cube into 1/2-inch size.
2) In large skillet heat 1/2 cup hot oil. Add eggplant and sautÃ© until light brown.
3) Take off the eggplant and keep aside.
4) In the same skillet add onion and celery and sautÃ©... - 45.5531
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Take a mixing bowl, blend in all the ingredients excluding fortunes.
3. Using a spoon, add 1 tsp batter to ungreased cookie sheets, with 3 cookies on each and allow to bake for 5 minutes.
4.... - 45.3827
Eggplant Caponata. If you were looking for a tasty and unique vegetarian dish that you can serve for formal dinner, then look no further. Eggplant Caponata is definitely the recipe for you. Try it! - 44.8241
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-sour Sauce (caponata)
Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) is an amazingly delicious recipe. Try this Tuna Fish With Eggplant In Sweet-Sour Sauce (Caponata) recipe; I am sure you will have a huge fan following for this one! - 44.809
1 Peel and dice the aubergines.
2 In a colander, put the aubergines and sprinkle with salt.
3 Allow to stand for 30 minutes.
4 Thoroughly rinse under cold water and pat dry using kitchen paper.
5 In a large frying pan, heat 4... - 44.6361
Prepare vegetables and force tomatoes through a sieve.
In large heavy pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil, add eggplant, and cook until it is soft and lightly browned.
Remove to bowl.
Heat more oil, add onions and peppers, stir until coated and shiny, and cook... - 44.2541
Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in saucepan over medium heat.
Add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally until eggplant is almost translucent, about 10 minutes.
Add remaining olive oil, onion, garlic, peppers, and celery.
Cook, stirring, until onion is limp,... - 44.1696
In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil.
Add eggplant, onion and celery.
Saute stirring constantly for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except bread.
Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick... - 44.1696
Caponata A La Siciliano
In kettle, half-cover eggplant with boiling salted water and cook until it is tender, turning once.
Let cool, peel off skin and cut into slices 1/4 inch thick.
Remove excess seeds.
Cut each slice into strips about 1 1/2 x 1/2 inch.
Measure and store in small... - 43.7381
1. In a pan, heat water and cook spaghetti. Spaghetti needs a lot of water to cook properly.
2. In a saucepan, over medium-high temperature, heat oil and add eggplant; stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add olives, capers, and anchovies, stirring... - 43.5463
Eggplant Appetizer-relish (caponata)
This eggplant appetizer relish or caponata is an italian recipe often served with meals. Made with eggplant, green pepper, onions and parsley, the eggplant appetizer relish is savory and herbed with the flavors of basil and oregano in it. Blended with tomato... - 43.4746
1. In a slow cooker or a crock pot, combine all ingredients except the anchovies and pine nuts.
2. Cover with lid and cook the mixture slowly, on LOW for 5 to 6 hours
3. Stir in the anchovies.
4. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature and then... - 43.4329
In a medium size saucepan, preferably not aluminum, combine the anchovies and tomato sauce, and bring to a simmer.
Partially cover the pan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heal: and set it aside uncovered.
Rinse the squid... - 43.1346
1. Sprinkle salt on the aubergine generously and keep it in a colander or a large sieve for about 30 minutes to drain.
2. Remove and pat dry with paper towel and keep them aside.
3. In a large, heavy bottomed frying pan heat half of the olive oil, add... - 42.9956
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook celery in oil, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add eggplant to pan and cook, stirring, until it is lightly browned and tender enough to mash easily.
Add onion and... - 42.4842
Wash and dry eggplant.
Cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
Saute in 1/2 cup hot oil until golden brown and tender.
Remove and add more oil.
Saute onions and celery.
Return eggplant to skillet with onions, celery and tomato sauce.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
Cover... - 42.2691
Rinse the aubergines [eggplants] with cold water and pat them dry with kitchen paper towels.
In a large frying pan, heat 3 fluid ounces [3/8 cup] of oil over moderate heat.
Add the diced aubergines [eggplants] and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are... - 42.0404
Caponata Italian Eggplant Appetizer
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
Add eggplant in batches and saute until golden, adding oil as needed.
Drain well on paper towels and set aside.
Using same skillet, saute onion, fennel, garlic and pine nuts, tossing lightly.
Reduce heat to medium and... - 41.7982
Garlic Flavored Caponata
Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet-saute' eggplant until golden and tender.
Remove with slotted spoon.
Add more oil if necessary.
Stir in celery, onion, and garlic and saute until tender and golden.
Stir in tomato sauce and eggplant.
Simmer,... - 41.6676
Place eggplant in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
Let it rest 1 hour.
Saute eggplant in olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until soft.
Remove from heat.
Drain on paper towels.
Pour peanut oil in the skillet and add garlic, onions,... - 41.6085
Sprinkle the cubes of eggplant generously with salt and set them in a colander or large sieve over paper towels to drain.
After about 30 minutes, pat the cubes dry with fresh paper towels and set them aside.
In a heavy 12-14" skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the... - 41.2426
Caponata With Pita Wedges
Saute half of eggplant in a large nonstick skillet with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil over high heat 6 minutes or unril lightly browned, stirring occat sionally.
Remove eggplant, and set aside.
Re-pear with remaining eggplant and oil.
Coat skillet with cooking... - 40.8364
Baked Eggplant Caponata
Cut eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt.
Let stand for about 20 minutes.
Rinse lightly, drain, and pat dry.
Cut zucchini into 1/2 inch slices.
Thinly slice peppers and onion.
Place eggplant, zucchini, peppers, and onion in a 12- by... - 40.7941
1. In a large saucepan heat the oil and fry all the peeled and chopped vegetables together.
2. Then add the herbs, season, cover and simmer gently till vegetables are tender.
3. Add capers and olives and stir well.
4. Serve hot or cold with... - 40.3399
Italian Eggplant Caponata
Preheat oven to 500°F.
Place eggplant on two 15 1/2n by 10 1/2" jelly roll pans.
Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and sprinkle with salt; toss to coat.
Roast eggplant 10 minutes; stir, then roast 5 minutes longer or until browned.
Meanwhile, in 12 inch... - 40.2655
Peel and dice eggplant and fry in 1/2 cup of the olive oil until golden brown.
Remove eggplant from skillet and reserve.
Add remaining 1/4 cup oil and onions and cook until onions are soft and golden.
Add tomato sauce and celery.
Cook until celery is tender,... - 40.2206
Heat some oil—the amount of oil is difficult to estimate as eggplants tend to absorb it rapidly—in a large frying pan and fry the eggplants gently, turning them until they are browned all over.
Using a slotted spoon, lift them out and drain.
Put the... - 39.748
In food processor, process tomatoes with their juice until pureed; set aside.
Alternatively, rub tomatoes through a sieve.
In Dutch oven or very large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
Stir in garlic, onions, zucchini, eggplant and celery.
Cover;... - 39.6622
Double Duty Dinner Caponata Pasta Bake
1) Preheat broiler on high heat.
2) On a stovetop or microwave, reheat caponata.
3) Cook pasta, drain and put it back in the hot pot.
4) Add 1/2 cup grated cheese to the pasta and toss well.
5) Combine hot caponata with pasta and mix.
6)... - 39.5171
Caponata Using Red Wine Vinegar
Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes.
Dust with the 1 tablespoon salt, and allow to drain in a colander.
Meanwhile, in a little olive oil, saute the celery along with the onion for about 15 minutes; and remove.
Use a large frying pan so that the food won't be... - 39.2754
Are you really excited about cooking an Italian dinner for your guests? Your mom's cookbook does'nt go beyond pasta and pizza? Then here is a fabulous side dish recipe, Caponata. This exotic eggplant recipe Would make your dinner table a truly italian fare.... - 38.3761
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
Add eggplant, tomato, celery, onion, and peppers.
Saute 5 minutes or until vegetables ore tender.
Stir in vinegar, garlic, basil, torragon, and olive oil; cook an additional 10... - 37.2616
In large skillet cook eggplant, celery, and onion in oil over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or just till tender.
Add tomatoes, wine vinegar, tomato paste, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring... - 36.3116
Caponata Using Apple Cider Vinegar
Cut eggplant into 1-inch cubes (or 1/2-inch for use as a dip). Sprinkle lightly with salt and leave for 1/2 hour. Rinse under running water and pat dry.
In a large skillet, saute eggplant in half of the mixed oil for 5 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Add remaining... - 35.8168
Sicilian Vegetable Stew Caponata Siciliana
1. Cut the aubergine into 3cm chunks, soak in cold water for 5 mins, then drain. This will stop the aubergine from absorbing too much oil.
2. Fry the onion in the olive oil in a large pan for a few mins to soften. Put the aubergine chunks into the pan and fry... - 35.7935
Caponata With Chickpeas
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add eggplant, peppers, onions, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, pignolias, and garlic and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook... - 35.6995
MIX all ingredients except basil and bread in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Stir in basil.
Serve at room temperature with toasted bread. - 34.9313
Dice the aubergine into small cubes and sprinkle generously with salt.
Leave on a plate for about 20 minutes to draw out the bitterness.
While the aubergine is standing, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Chop the onion, celery, olives and capers into small... - 34.8861
1. Put the aubergines in a colander and sprinkle them with salt. Leave to drain for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Heat all but 30 ml / 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan. Add the aubergine dice and fry until softened and... - 34.8321
Cook the celery in the olive oil until golden; remove.
Add the cubed eggplant (unpeeled), cook slowly until soft and lightly browned.
Add the chopped onion, cook until onion is soft but do not allow to brown.
Remove eggplant and onion to pan lined with paper... - 34.5123
Caponata Club Sandwich
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Cut the eggplant, zucchini, peppers and yellow onion into 3/4-inch pieces and spread them on a large baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from the heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft.
3. Heat the olive oil in a... - 34.4494
1. Fry aubergines in oil in a large deep frying pan for 5 mins, until browned and soft. Remove, then add peppers to the pan. Cook for 5 mins, until soft, then return aubergines to the pan. Add onions and tomatoes, then simmer for 15 mins.
2. Add capers and... - 34.1586
Caponata Sauce For Pasta
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the olive oil and butter.
Add tomatoes, onion, zucchini, eggplant, green pepper, and garlic and saute for 8 to 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
Add the tomato sauce and simmer for 8 to 10 more... - 33.9139
1. Preheat the broiler. Prick the eggplants all over with a long fork. Place on a double layer of aluminum foil. Broil until charred on one side and soft within, 10 to 12 minutes. Turn and broil for 10 to 12 minutes longer until charred and the eggplant is... - 33.8724
In a large skillet, heat oil.
Add eggplant; saut6 3 to 4 minutes until limp.
Add tomatoes, onion, salt, pepper, vinegar and garlic.
Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes until mixture is thick but not dry.
Stir in mustard, olives and ricotta cheese. - 33.7051
Adapted from Singing Chef Pasquale Cookery Show on PBS Canada. - 33.2506
Caponata Pasta Topper
In small bowl, combine soup and water; set aside.
In large skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, saute eggplant, onion and garlic over medium-high heat until tender.
Add soup mixture.
Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until heated... - 33.2233
Grilled Rainbow Trout With Caponata Relish
In small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; saute garlic for 1 minute.
Add eggplant and peppers; stir quickly to coat.
Saute 5 minutes until softened.
Add tomatoes, olives, capers and vinegar.
Continue cooking 5 minutes longer; hold on very low heat.
Over... - 33.1743
Caponata Brinjal ( An Eggplant Appetizer )
Boil the eggplant whole in salted water for 5 minutes, then slip skin off and dice.
Saute onion in oil until soft, add tomato puree and diced celery and cook until the celery is soft, adding little water if mixture is too thick.
Stir constantly to avoid... - 33.134
Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray, add oil.
Place over medium heat until hot.
Add eggplant, onion, celery, and garlic; saute until render, stirring often.
Stir in remaining ingredients, cook until heated. - 33.0852
In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook eggplant with onion 3 minutes.
Add 1/2 cup water.
Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 3 minutes.
Stir in savory herb with garlic soup mix blended with remaining 1 cup water.
Bring to a boil... - 32.9805
Eggplant Caponata Crostini
1. Quarterthe eggplant lengthwise. Scoop out the very seedy parts and discard. Cut the remaining eggplant into 1/2-inch dice. In a colander set in the sink, lightly salt the eggplant cubes and toss well. Top with a sturdy plate weighed down with a heavy can... - 31.2143
Soak eggplants in 1 tablespoon salt for about 30 minutes; squeeze out lightly.
Saute in hot oil until tender; add tomato sauce.
Saute onion, celery, garlic and olives in a small amount of oil; add vinegar.
Combine all in gredients with sugar and salt; cook... - 31.1961
Classic Italian Caponata
1. In 8-quart Dutch oven or saucepot over medium heat, in 1/2 cup hot olive oil, cook eggplant and water until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring often. Remove egg plant to large bowl. Set aside.
2. In same Dutch oven over medium heat, in 1/4 cup... - 30.2328
Caponata With Red And Green Peppers
1. Cut eggplant into 3/4-inch dice. Sprinkle lightly with salt and place in a colander. Place a plate with a weight on top (such as two 1-pound cans) and drain for 1 hour. Pat eggplant dry with paper towels.
2. Heat oil in a nonreactive large frying pan or... - 29.9767
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, and eggplant and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes longer.
Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, salt, black... - 29.6337
1. In a small bowl, cover the capers with warm water and let stand for 1 hour. Drain well. Meanwhile, partially peel the eggplant in vertical stripes and cut into 1-inch dice.
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil to 350° Add one-fourth of the... - 29.5158
1. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and add oil. When the oil is hot, add egg plant and saute for about 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
2. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until soft.
3. Raise heat to high, add tomatoes, and... - 29.4694
If your taste buds want some Okra and vegetables for lunch today, you can try out the Okra Caponata. Enjoy the Okra Caponata and tell me if you like it ! - 29.2147
1. Dice eggplant into 3/4-inch pieces and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Place in a colander and cover with a plate with some weight on top (such as two 1-pound cans). Drain for 1 hour. Pat eggplant dry with paper towels.
2. Heat oil in a nonreactive large... - 28.7585
Sicilian Caponata With Raisins And Pine Nuts
1. In a medium frying pan, toast pine nuts over low heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, shaking pan frequently. Set aside.
2. Cut eggplant into 2/3-inch dice. Sprinkle lightly with salt and place in a colander. Place a plate with a weight on top (such... - 27.0669
Caponata Pita Sandwich
Slice pita bread in half and open pocket. Fill one half with Caponata and cheese. Wrap in foil and bake in a toaster oven at 350° F. until warmed through, or cover with microwavable wrap and heat in microwave. - 19.4024
Caponata Recipes By Category