- » Cantonese
Cantonese food also known as Yuet cuisine hails from the Guangdong region of Southern China. It is happens to prevail inside as well as outside of China among sub-cuisine varieties. The migrants of the region were ... More »
Cantonese Fried Rice
Take a culinary trip to China to learn the secrets of a great dish, that is very popular in Western countries: the Cantonese fried rice. - 137.58
Pork With Blackbean Sauce
This is a favorite southen Cantonese dish, and as most Chinese restaurants in America.Stir fry pork with blackbean sauce. Why go out when you can make one for yourself. - 111.979
Spicy Crispy Paneer Cantonese Style
1. Thoroughly wash all the vegetables, drain and keep aside.
2. Boil water in a heavy bottom pan. Blanch broccoli, asparagus and mushrooms in the boiling water one by one and refresh them in cold running water, drain and keep aside. Don’t... - 103.276
Cantonese White Cut Chicken
Chinese preparations are characteristic of sauces and if you like chicken in typical Chinese style, then here is a recipe just right for you. Check out this Chinese recipe by Marie Wong about how to make Cantonese white cut chicken with typical Chinese... - 101.069
Bbq Duck In Cantonese Style
All you barbecue lovers, will really enjoy this dish. The Chef shows how to make BBQ Duck in Cantonese Style. This is simply delicious and you must definitely try making this dish. Don't forget to watch the video for this amazing recipe. - 99.7396
Cantonese Potatoes With Capsicum And Onions
Potatoes in any form for you? Here is another great creation using the Ching’s sauces. Chef Vikas shows you just how to prepare a delicious serving of potatoes. Don't worry about the little use of the Hindi language in between, the recipe recap will be in... - 99.364
Cantonese Salted Egg Yolk With Lotus Paste Mooncake
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. In a baking bowl, place egg yolks and marinate with mei kuei lu chiew for 15 minutes.
3. In a bowl, place flour and make well in center.
4. Spoon vegetable oil, golden syrup and salt, in the center of the flour... - 79.6548
Cantonese Lobster And Pork
This Lobster Cantonese makes a sumptuous meal ! Eat this lobster, pork, scallion and vegetables gravy dish as it is or with rice or noodles and tell me if you like it ! Your suggestions for this popular Chinese lobster dish are welcome ! - 49.2511
Kung Pao Chicken Cantonese Style
Kung Pao Chicken, is a fantastic dish from the canton region of China. Very beautiful addition to this dish is the fried peanut or cashewnuts, which add to the crunchy characteristic of this lovely dish. - 49.1926
Cantonese Moon Cakes
My children wouldn€™t mind if I serve the Cantonese Moon Cakes everyday!! This tasty dessert is one of my favorites too. Try this delicious Cantonese Moon Cakes for yourself. - 47.9621
Cantonese Shrimp And Pea Pods
Combine onion, garlic and oil in 3-quart casserole.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES on HIGH, or until onion is transparent.
Add chicken broth, shrimp, ginger and pepper.
MICROWAVE 3 MINUTES on '7'.
Blend corn starch and water.
Stir into shrimp... - 47.6837
This Cantonese Kabobs is a deliciously simple and satisfying meal and is enjoyed by foodies across the world. Try out this more unusual recipe for Cantonese Kabobs and take delight in its wonderful glory. - 47.4837
Prepare to be astounded by the mouthwatering flavors and texture of the Cantonese Vegetables. A very filling and tasty vegetable dish, Cantonese Vegetables can be served for a party at home or simply enjoyed at a family dinner. - 47.4097
Cantonese Fried Chicken
1) Begin by cutting the chicken into serving pieces
2) In a saucepan, place the chicken pieces and add water, brown gravy sauce, salt, pepper and sugar
3) Cook for 15 minutes in low heat, remove from heat, drain and pat dry
4) In a skillet, add butter... - 47.386
Cantonese Sweet And Sour Pork
1) To a large saucepan, drain and pour the juice from the pineapple chunks. Keep aside the pineapple chunks to add later.
2) To this juice, add the cornstarch.
3) Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch completely.
4) To the dissolved... - 47.0611
1) Let the Pinto Beans soak overnight before cooking them in 3 cups of water until soft. Drain and keep aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together, cornstarch, soy sauce and water.
3) In a wok, heat oil and saute together ginger, pepper,... - 46.6812
1 Using kitchen shears, cut and remove the shell from the lobster meat.
2 Remove meat in one piece, and cut it crosswise in 2-inch sections.
3 In a wok or a large skillet, heat oil, add in garlic and pork.
4 Stir and saute until... - 46.2815
Cantonese Fish Soup
Cut across the fillets into thin strips and put into a bowl.
Add the soy sauce, sherry and 1 tbsp of the oil.
Mix well and leave to marinate in a cool place for 1 hour.
Peel and chop the onions and two of the shallots.
Peel and dice the carrots.
Trim and chop... - 46.1638
Shrimp Fried Rice Cantonese Style
Defrost the shrimps, rinse with cold water, and pat dry thoroughly with paper towels.
Mix the shrimps with wine, salt, and tapioca starch.
Beat the eggs with 1/4 tsp salt.
Heat 2 Tbs oil in a wok over high heat.
Stir in the marinated shrimps and... - 46.1492
Cantonese Turkey Stir Fry
1. In a wok or deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the celery and onion to it and stir fry till tender and crisp, about 1 minute.
3. Add the bean sprouts, turkey cubes, carrot and sautÃ© a another 2 minutes.
4. In the mean... - 46.0141
Cantonese Egg Foo Yung
To make the sauce, combine 1/2 cup of the chicken broth with the soy, chili, and hot red pepper sauces, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Mix the cornstarch with the remaining 1/2 cup of cold broth until there are no lumps.
Pour it all at once into the boiling... - 45.5204
Cantonese Fish And Vegetable Soup
Place the shiitake mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, cover with the boiling water, and set aside for about 10 minutes.
In a soup pot, saute the onions, garlic, and ginger in the oil until the onions are translucent.
Stir in the carrots.
Drain the shiitake,... - 45.5091
Classic Cantonese Lobster And Pork
1. In a skillet add oil and cook garlic and pork till it gets cooked. Keep stirring in between.
2. Add soup, water, soy, pepper and lobster.
3. Cook the mixture for 3 minuts over low heat till the lobster gets tender or well cooked.
4. In a... - 45.467
1) Split the lobsters and clean, wash.
2) Cut up in the shell in 1 1/2 inch pieces.
3) Chop the claws into 3 pieces.
4) In a deep skillet heat the oil and sautÃ© the pork for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent lump from... - 45.4094
1) Thaw the frozen lobsters, remove the lobster meat and slice into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
2) In a bowl, mix the ground pork, onion, salt, pepper and Bon Appetit together.
3) In a skillet, saute the pork mixture and celery in oil for 1... - 45.2243
Cantonese Fried Oysters
This Cantonese Fried Oysters is simply yumm. I love the distinctive flavor and texture of a well fried platter of Oysters. Try making this Cantonese Fried Oysters yourself! - 44.9117
Pork Cantonese is a tasty pork dish that I often make for weekend luncheons and its enjoyed thoroughly! Try this brilliant Pork Cantonese recipe for yourself! - 44.3686
Cantonese Cucumber Shrimp
1) In a heavy skillet, saute the shrimp in the margarine, remove and keep aside.
2) In the same skillet, saute the onions and green pepper.
3) In a bowl, mix the rhubarb, vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, lemon peel and ginger root together and stir... - 44.3051
1. Heat a large, heavy skillet or wok until hot add just enough oil to coat pan then add 2 more table- spoons and heat and stir-fry adding pork until it is almost cooked for about 2 minutes.
2. Add black beans, garlic and ginger and stir-fry.
3. Add... - 44.2866
1) In a saucepan, heat some oil
2) Sprinkle in the flour and slowly add in the stock
3) Stir the mixture constantly till it reaches a boiling point
4) Add in the chicken, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts, scallions and the pepper
5) Simmer... - 44.2784
Cantonese Egg Rolls
These Cantonese Egg Rolls are not only very filling but are superly delicious too ! Try out egg, pork ,shrimp, scallion filled spicy rolls for your next meal or brunch and let me know if you like them ! Your suggestions for these Cantonese Egg Rolls aare... - 44.1505
Tangy Cantonese Pork
1) Cut the pork into 1-inch dice and place in a medium bowl.
2) Remove the peel of garlic.
3) Now place in a small bowl, and using a fork mash it with 1 teaspoon salt. 4) Add the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper to the pork.
5) Remove the... - 43.977
Cantonese Roast Duck
Combine dry marinade ingredients in a small bowl and rub on outside of duck.
Place duck in a pan.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place a wok or wide frying pan over high heat until hot.
Add oil, swirling to coat sides.
Add garlic, ginger, and green onions... - 43.9071
Baked Apples Cantonese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Core apples almost through, leaving a little flesh at the blossom end.
Pare about one third of the way down from the stem end.
Combine brazil nuts, dates and candied ginger and fill centers of apples with the nut-fruit... - 43.5633
Rub ducks inside and out with salt.
Place orange wedges and a few celery leaves in each cavity.
Skewer neck skin to back; tie legs to tail.
Twist wings under back.
Place, breast up, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
Roast in uncovered pan at 400° for 1 to 1... - 43.5236
Cantonese Lobster And Pork In Black Bean Sauce
Lobster Cantonese is a tasty appetizer. Lobster Cantonese gets taste from lobster mixed with pork and coated with sauce. Lobster Cantonese is loved by meat eaters around the world. - 43.4855
Cantonese Tomato Beef
1) Discard excess fat from beef and slice it lengthwise into 2 strips.
2) Slice this again into 1/2-inch-thick pieces across the grain.
3) In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sesame oil and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
4) Coat beef slices... - 43.4403
Cantonese Rice & Asparagus
In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic over moderately high heat until garlic is lightly browned.
Remove garlic and add asparagus.
Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Add rice, salt, ginger, sugar and monosodium glutamate, if desired.
Stir in broth... - 43.4082
Cantonese Spring Rolls
1. shredded pork with 1 tea spoon soy sauce, 1/3 tea spoon sugar, 2 tea spoons salt, 1 tea spoon wine, 1 tea spoon corn starch, a pinch of peper, 3 tea spoons water, 1 tea spoon oil. marinate for 10 minutes.
2. chinese mushrooms, wash, soak and... - 43.3602
Cantonese Sweet And Sour Prawns
Trim the heads, whiskers and legs from the prawns but leave the shells on.
Cut each prawn into 2-3 pieces.
Mix the egg white and cornflour and use to coat the prawns.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep pan.
Before it gets too hot, add the prawns, piece by piece,... - 43.2288
Roast Duck Cantonese Style
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
2. To prepare the duck clean it well and remove the wing tips and the lumps of fat from inside the vent.
3. In a pot of boiling water blanch for a few minutes, remove and dry well, then rub the duck... - 43.1835
Use a 2 cup measure to mix together soy sauce, sherry, lemon juice, and seasonings.
Place ribs in plastic bag (on tray or shallow dish), add marinade; close bag.
Let stand at room temperature 2 hours, turning bag several times.
Drain ribs, reserving... - 43.0089
Cook celery, garlic, carrot and onion slowly in very hot oil for 10 minutes in a large skillet.
Then fry bacon until crisp.
Drain and crumble it.
Heat chicken broth.
Mix water, soy sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
Place lobster in skillet with celery... - 42.9
Tuna Salad Cantonese
1) In a large bowl, add peas, tuna, mushrooms and melon balls to combine.
2) In another small bowl, add soy sauce, bouillon and sweetener. Combine to dissolve all.
3) Drizzle in this soy sauce mix over the salad.
4) Lightly toss and place inside... - 42.8823
1) Drain the pineapple, reserve the juice and keep aside.
2) Slice the celery into 1-inch diagonal slices.
3) In a large skillet, saute the celery, carrots, onions and almonds in butter, until the onions are golden brown.
4) In a bowl,... - 42.751
Crawfish Cantonese is an amazingly easy to prepare recipe which cannot just escape your guest's attention in any party. The delicious Crawfish Cantonese will get you a lots of compliments for your creativity. - 42.6248
Fillet Beef Cantonese Style
1. In a bowl mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the beef for at least 2-3 hours.
2. In a preheated wok heat the oil and fry the steaks for 2 minutes, turning once, remove and drain.
3. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 1... - 42.5094
Braised Beef Cantonese
Oil bottom of baker.
Add garlic, ginger, and celery.
Thoroughly mix honey, water, soya sauce and sherry.
Pour over ingredients.
Close and bake.
SAUCE: If you want a thicker sauce: pour stock from clay baker into a saucepan.
Thicken with 2... - 42.4722
In a small bowl, blend ginger, curry powder, garlic powder and salt.
In a bigger bowl, combine cornstarch, sherry, soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper oil or cayenne pepper, and beef broth.
In a nonstick skillet or wok, heat 2 teaspoons... - 42.1159
Steamed Cantonese Fish
Pour boiling water into preheated oval pan about same size as fish.
Lower fish into water.
There must be enough water to cover fish.
Let it stand covered 25 minutes.
When fish eyes pop up, half out, fish is cooked.
Remove gently from water onto a warm oval... - 41.9923
Cantonese Style Beef & Green Beans
Cook rice with 2-1/2 cups water, salt and butter or margarine according to package directions.
Slice meat in very thin strips.
In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar and garlic salt.
Add meat; mix well.
Heat oil in a large... - 41.8264
Cantonese Carrots With Green Pepper And Celery
1. Slice the carrots diagonally ¼-inch thick.
2. Slice celery diagonally 1/8-inch thick.
3. Finely slice green pepper into strips.
4. In a large wok or a deep skillet, heat oil over a medium low flame.
5. When oil is hot, add and sauté... - 41.8152
Broiled Cantonese Chicken
1. In a saucepan bring water to boiling, coddle adding chicken over low heat for 20 to 25 minutes and drain.
2. In a bowl combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sugar, ketchup, sherry and salt.
3. Cover the chicken with the sauce and marinate overnight.
4.... - 41.5045
Cantonese Stuffed Chicken Wings
To bone wings: Remove small wing tips.
Cut cartilage linking 2 bones in larger portion of wing (there is 1 large and 1 small bone).
Push the 2 bones out.
(Save smaller wing portion—the drumette—and use for another meal.) Slice bamboo shoot into sticks the... - 41.374
Cantonese Roast Pork (cha Shao)
Cut the meat into long strips 6 cm (2 in) in width.
Marinate for 2 hours.
Place the pork on a rack over a roasting tin in an oven pre-heated to 210°C, 425°F/Gas 7.
Roast for 20 minutes, turn and cook for another 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and glaze... - 41.283
Boned Duck Cantonese Style
Heat a tablespoon of the oil and fry the raw pork in it for a minute, moving the pieces about in the pan.
Add a very tiny pinch each of salt, sugar and Ve- Tsin and 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce.
Continue to cook for 3 minutes, tossing the pieces.
Transfer them to a... - 41.2287
Cantonese Apricot Pork
Slice pork into thin strips.
Heat oil in wok; gradually add celery, scallions and garlic.
Stir-fry over high heat (about 5 minutes) until tender but crisp; remove vegetables and set aside.
Add pork to seasoned oil and stir-fry over high heat until lightly... - 41.183
Cantonese Chrysanthemum Hotpot
Slice steak and chicken thinly; arrange these and prawns on 6 individual plates with the vegetables.
Put broth in a medium-size saucepan with ginger and simmer.
Soak egg noodles in warm water 10 minutes, drain and put in a serving bowl.
Combine ingredients... - 41.0105
Cantonese Barbecued Pork Ribs
Preparation Trim and discard excess fat from spareribs.
Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
Add spareribs, turning to coat sides.
Let stand for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
Set... - 40.9954
Shrimp Cantonese With Rice
In a large nonstick skillet, brown celery and onions.
Add shrimp, spinach, pea pods, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots.
Cover and cook 1 minute.
In small bowl combine stock, soy sauce, cornstarch, and pepper.
Stir into shrimp-vegetable mixture.
Cook,... - 40.8504
Heat the oil in the wok and brown the black beans, garlic, and ginger briefly.
Add pork and stirfry for 1 minute.
Add lobster and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add the broth soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch mixture.
Cover and heat for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat,... - 40.8185
Cantonese Chicken Sandwich
1) In a skillet, heat butter and cook onion and water chestnuts until tender.
2) Mix soup, milk, and soy sauce to it and combine together.
3) Continue to heat stirring often.
4) On a flat surface, arrange toast, put chicken on it and pour sauce over... - 40.6652
Cantonese Roast Duck
Preparation Combine dry marinade ingredients in a small bowl and rub on outside of duck.
Place duck in a pan.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place a wok or wide frying pan over high heat until hot.
Add oil, swirling to coat sides.
Add garlic, ginger, and... - 40.6153
Cantonese Vegetable Soup
1. Heat 1/2 cup of the broth in a large, heavy soup pot over high heat. When broth is boiling, add onion, garlic, and gingerroot. Cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add soy sauce and the remaining 5 1/2 cups broth. Bring stock to a gentle boil.
3. Add water chestnuts,... - 40.388
Cantonese Sweet-sour Pork
Place pork strips in crock pot.
Add green pepper and sliced onion.
In bowl, mix brown sugar and cornstarch.
Add 1 cup reserved pineapple juice, the vinegar, water, soy sauce and salt; blend until smooth.
Pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover and cook on low... - 40.0145
1. In medium-size frying pan cook onions and ham for 5 minutes in 1 tablespoon hot vegetable oil.
2. Stir in Chinese vegetables and soy sauce, heat 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors and keep hot.
3. In a small frying pan heat 1/2 tablespoon oil at a time... - 39.9587
Cantonese Seafood Soup
Place the bones and trimmings together with onion, carrot and chicken stock cube in 2 pints (1 liter) water.
Bring to boil and cook for 30 minutes.
Strain and put aside.Cut each fillet of sole in half by slicing lengthwise.
Tie each fillet loosely into a knot... - 39.7632
Cantonese Fried Chicken
1) Completely disjoint the chicken and cut the breast into 4 pieces.
2) Wash and dry the chicken.
3) In a bowl, mi together the cognac, soy sauce, sugar and garlic.
4) Rub the chicken with the soy sauce mixture and let it rest for 15... - 39.6804
Cantonese Meat Balls In Sweet And Sour Sauce
Mix all the ingredients except sauce and oil in a bowl.
Knead well and make small balls.
Heat oil and fry meat balls a few at a time until golden in colour.
Remove and keep aside.
Make the sweet and sour sauce as directed.
Add fried meat balls.
Simmer for 5... - 39.3521
Steamed Whole Fish Cantonese Style
Rinse and pat the fish dry inside and out.
Using a sharp knife, score the flesh diagonally almost to the bone 3 times on each side.
Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick spray and place the fish on the plate.
Fill the cavity of the fish with the ginger and... - 39.3293
Boneless Pork Cantonese
In large skillet, cook pork in oil over high heat until meat loses its red color and liquid is reduced.
Add 1-1/2 cups water, soy sauce, and bouillon.
Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
Mix remaining water with cornstarch.
Blend into meat mixture; stir until... - 38.8639
Cantonese Steamed Pork
1. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring rice and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender to bite, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-quart pan or a 14-inch wok, set a rack over at least 1 inch boiling... - 38.6712
Cantonese Steamed Pork Dumplings
With a cleaver or heavy, sharp knife, trim the wilted leaves and root ends from the bok choy.
Wash the stalks under cold running water, drain, and chop finely.
Squeeze the chopped cabbage in a kitchen towel or double layer of cheesecloth to extract as much of... - 38.6585
Shell and devein the shrimp,- or wash the lobster tails and, if large, split through the shell lengthwise, or crack crab, clean and rinse well.
Wash and drain the black beans and crush with 1 clove of the garlic, mix in the soy sauce and sugar.
Heat the oil... - 38.5948
Cantonese Short Ribs
Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
Add enough water to reserved juice to make 2 cups liquid.
Brown ribs in shortening in roasting pan.
Mix reserved pineapple liquid, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon brown sugar and ginger.
Pour over ribs.
Simmer for 3 hours or until... - 38.5735
Cantonese Lobster is an amazingly delicious version of side dish. An easy to prepare recipe, Cantonese Lobster is a dish that you will surely love to talk about with us. - 38.5268
1. Cut lobster tails crosswise in 1 -inch sections.
2. Put salad oil in large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
3. While pork is cooking, combine cornstarch... - 38.3007
Traditional Cantonese Pickled Vegetables
Cut turnip, carrot and cucumbers or other vegetables into bite-size pieces.
Combine in a large bowl.
Add ginger root, red peppers and salt; mix well.
Cover and let stand at room temperature about 6 hours.
Lightly rinse vegetables with cold water.
Drain... - 38.1684
1. In a large wok or deep skillet, combine the broth, garlic and pineapple juice.
2. Boil for 15 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
3. Add the turkey to the sauce and cook it for about 10 minutes, sautÃ©ing frequently.
4. Add the remaining... - 37.8966
Fish Steaks Cantonese Style
This Fish Steaks Cantonese Style is a side dish. Enjoy this amazingly delicious Fish Steaks Cantonese Style and share your feelings with us! - 37.8736
Cantonese Shrimp And Beans
Thaw frozen shrimp.
Dissolve chicken-stock base in boiling water.
Cook onion, garlic, and shrimp in oil 3 minutes; stir frequently.
If necessary, add a little broth to prevent sticking.
Stir in salt, ginger, pepper, beans, and broth; cover.
Simmer 5 to 7... - 37.5964
Lobster Cantonese is a truly flavorful, great alternative and also a tasty option when compared to other seafood dishes. This Lobster Cantonese dish is easy to cook and very well suits a family meal. Proceed to do it! - 37.5306
In skillet, cook pork and garlic in oil until done; stir.
Add lobster, soup, water, onions, soy, and pepper.
Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes or until lobster is done.
Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water; gradually add to sauce.
Cook, stirring until... - 37.4453
Lobster Cantonese With Black Bean Sauce
Heat oil in wok or skillet; brown beans, garlic, and ginger briefly.
Add pork; stir-fry 1 minute.
Add lobster; stir-fry 1 minute.
Add broth, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch mixture; cover.
Heat 5 minutes; remove from heat.
Season with salt and pepper.
Slowly... - 37.4093
Preheat the oven to 325Â°F (170Â°C).
Trim all the fat off the pork roast.
Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven and saute the roast on all sides until evenly browned.
Add the water, sherry, soya sauce, onions and sugar to the Dutch oven and mix... - 37.318
Oven-steamed Flounder With Cantonese Flavors
Scatter about 1/3 of the scallions and ginger into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
Place fillets in the dish, skinned side facing down, folding any thin tail ends under to create a uniform thickness.
Scatter on remaining ginger and most of the remaining... - 37.3132
Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer, skin side up, in a large baking pan (about 9 by 13 inches).
Mix together catsup, honey, soy, and lemon juice and pour over chicken pieces.
Let marinate for 2 hours or longer.
Cover pan with foil and bake in a... - 37.2893
Cantonese shrimp is an oriental style shrimp prepareation that can be served with rice or noodles. Cooked in a skillet with onion, garlic and ginger, the cantonese shrimp also needs a dash of monosodium glutamate. Thickened with cornstarch, the cantonese... - 37.1303
1 Heat 3 tbsp (45 mL) oil. Add onions, stir-fry 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar and salt; stir-fry 1 minute. Cover and cook until tomatoes are just tender and retain shape. Remove to a bowl.
2 Heat remaining oil, add black beans, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry 1... - 36.6119
Meat Patties Cantonese Style
1. Mix ground beef lightly with egg, bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of the salt, pepper and ginger until well-blended; shape by rounded tablespoonfuls into 20 balls; flatten slightly to make patties.
2. Brown, half at a time, in 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large... - 35.8603
Skin and bone chicken breasts, if desired, or just cut in quarters.
Combine sherry, oil, soya sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic in a large bowl.
Add chicken and marinate overnight.
Arrange chicken in a 14 flat dish, add marinade and bake at 350° for 30... - 35.5343
Heat oil in skillet over tabletop burner.
Add frozen pea pods; heat till thawed, separating with a fork.
Stir in chicken broth, water chestnuts, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes, stirring once or twice.
Combine cornstarch and cold water;... - 35.0988
Lobster Cantonese With Vegetables
1. Cut lobster tails in half, lengthwise; wash and pat dry with towel.
2. Cut each half into 5-6 pieces. Leave the shell on, if desired. Coat lobster with cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
3. Wash black beans, drain well and combine with garlic to make a paste.... - 35.0203
Cantonese chicken is a chinese chicken recipe cooked with honey and soy sauce. Flavored with a hint of lemon juice and ketchup, the cantonese chicken is marinated nd roasted chicken preparation that is excellent for parties and so simple to prepare. - 34.9471
Drain pineapple; reserve syrup.
Combine syrup, brown sugar, 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, vinegar and catsup; set aside.
Mix beef with remaining 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion; shape into 20 meatballs.
Brown meatballs in large skillet;drain off excess... - 34.8925
Cantonese Steamed Gingered Snapper
Peel ginger; cut into thin strips Lengthways, then cut into matchstick-size pieces.
Score fish three times both sides; pLace on Large sheet of foil, sprinkle with half the ginger and drizzLe with haLf of the vegetable stock, fold foil loosely to enclose... - 34.782
Cantonese Pickled Vegetables
Wash and cut all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
Mix with the ginger, chilli and salt, and leave for 6 hours.
Rinse and drain the vegetables and pour over the sugar and vinegar.
Mix well and leave in the refrigerator for 6 hours. - 34.3152
Mix soy sauce, sherry, sugar, and cinnamon.
Marinate beef in soy mixture 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add 1 1/2 cups water; simmer covered (don't boil) 1 hour or till tender.
Blend cornstarch and cold water; add to meat mixture.
Cook and stir till mixture... - 34.2019
Brown pork, green pepper and onion in shortening in large skillet.
Stir in remaining ingredients except rice and butter.
Simmer, covered, 25 to 30 minutes until meat is tender.
Prepare rice; add butter.
Arrange on serving platter or in serving dish; pour meat... - 34.0673
Cantonese Recipes By Category